Author Topic: Amazing Race 15  (Read 122078 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Amazing Race 15
« Reply #200 on: June 25, 2009, 06:55:46 PM »
Thanks dantwin, and :welcome: to RFF!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RealityFanWA

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #201 on: June 26, 2009, 02:35:03 AM »
Didn't know where I should post this but...

Application for TAR 16 is posted on the CBS website...it is due on July 10

Thanks for the information!

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #202 on: June 27, 2009, 11:03:19 AM »
This is an interesting piece of information which is in the application requirements for TAR15,

Quote  "Teams chosen to participate will be flown from their local airports to unknown destinations somewhere in the world. "

So this could mean that teams for TAR15 are sent individually to a start point outside of the good ole USofA.

At this stage of the game, if I were TPTB I would probably do it for TAR15 just to keep prying eyes like ours away from the staging area.

And it may mean that the race is underway and we just haven't had a clue as to where it started. (:;)

Food for thought :duno:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 11:13:04 AM by gingerman28 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #203 on: June 27, 2009, 11:43:25 AM »
......but season 14 the contestants were sitting around LAX for hours borrowing laptops and what not and we did not have 1 report/sighting Gman. And I don't think TPTB have enough $$ to send teams outside the USA to start I still think we are looking at the LA area. Just my opinion .......

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #204 on: June 27, 2009, 01:27:02 PM »
This is an interesting piece of information which is in the application requirements for TAR15,

Quote  "Teams chosen to participate will be flown from their local airports to unknown destinations somewhere in the world. "

So this could mean that teams for TAR15 are sent individually to a start point outside of the good ole USofA.

At this stage of the game, if I were TPTB I would probably do it for TAR15 just to keep prying eyes like ours away from the staging area.

And it may mean that the race is underway and we just haven't had a clue as to where it started. (:;)

GMAN,

I think you are reading that literally and it isn't meant to be taken that way. Of course they will go to unknown destinations somewhere in the world. That does not equate to going directly with no U.S. starting point. It is possible that the race will start somewhere else in North America, but the probability of that is not high in my opinion.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #205 on: June 27, 2009, 01:38:49 PM »

Quote  "Teams chosen to participate will be flown from their local airports to unknown destinations somewhere in the world. "

GMAN,

I think you are reading that literally and it isn't meant to be taken that way. Of course they will go to unknown destinations somewhere in the world. That does not equate to going directly with no U.S. starting point. It is possible that the race will start somewhere else in North America, but the probability of that is not high in my opinion.

Nevertheless, we shouldn't discard the possibility
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #206 on: June 27, 2009, 05:24:49 PM »
an example of past applications with a quick google search, TAR12

The Teams chosen from this group will be flown from their local airports to an unknown destination somewhere in the world, and must be willing to travel to numerous locations around the world lasting approximately 30-40 days starting sometime in or around June – August of 2007.
http://cbs2.com/entertainment/Amazing.Race.Casting.2.526381.html

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #207 on: June 27, 2009, 07:12:33 PM »
So I guess they just meant the starting line would be in an unknown place. Even thought it isn't, really.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #208 on: June 29, 2009, 01:34:59 PM »
As far as I could tell as of yesterday, anyway, the race has not begun. Season 12 they started on July 8th so we shall see?

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #209 on: June 29, 2009, 02:35:10 PM »
CAUTION - speculation - speculation - speculation - speculation - speculation - speculation - speculation - speculation - speculation -

They waited until July 7th to start Season 8 (Family Edition) - I guess they were waiting for the kids to finish school.
Is it just coincidence that TAR 8 also premiered on a Sept. 27th - the same date that TAR 15 is scheduled?

Are we about to see Family Edition II ?  :groan:

CAUTION - speculation - speculation - speculation - speculation - speculation - speculation - speculation - speculation - speculation -
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #210 on: June 29, 2009, 02:45:04 PM »

They waited until July 7th to start Season 8 (Family Edition) - I guess they were waiting for the kids to finish school.
Is it just coincidence that TAR 8 also premiered on a Sept. 27th - the same date that TAR 15 is scheduled?

Are we about to see Family Edition II ?  :groan:

I highly doubt it, when Season 12 started even later than that.  And I don't think the producers want bad ratings.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #211 on: June 29, 2009, 03:15:36 PM »
Go to Phil's thread, he says no to another Family addition.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,13250.msg406641.html#msg406641

Offline RealityFanWA

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #212 on: June 29, 2009, 03:50:37 PM »

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #213 on: June 29, 2009, 04:38:58 PM »
Go to Phil's thread, he says no to another Family addition.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,13250.msg406641.html#msg406641

OK - i guess no Family Edition II.
Sorry, I was bored.

Maybe I'll go put a wish list in the spoiler thread... :sneak
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

DavidJunior

« Reply #214 on: June 30, 2009, 03:02:58 AM »
i think they are waiting for the 4th of July weekend to finish

major holiday weekend = spike in travel = higher probability of a sighting

hopefully they'll leave on Monday so I have a chance of bumping into them...  :yess:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #215 on: June 30, 2009, 10:35:53 AM »
......but season 14 the contestants were sitting around LAX for hours borrowing laptops and what not and we did not have 1 report/sighting Gman. And I don't think TPTB have enough $$ to send teams outside the USA to start I still think we are looking at the LA area. Just my opinion .......

It costs $$$$$ to send teams and crews to the first location outside the country, so why not to the start line which would make the first leg shorter and cheaper.

It's getting pretty late for the start now if they are to finish post-production for ep1 by Sept. 27.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #216 on: June 30, 2009, 11:36:24 AM »
Amazing Race 12 started airing Nov 4th only because it was bumped from the initial CBS fall schedule due to some wannabee show that was canceled and then TAR was put back on the charts.

Offline RealityFanWA

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #217 on: July 01, 2009, 01:29:12 AM »
i think they are waiting for the 4th of July weekend to finish

major holiday weekend = spike in travel = higher probability of a sighting

hopefully they'll leave on Monday so I have a chance of bumping into them...  :yess:

Get those binoculars ready.  :tup:

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #218 on: July 04, 2009, 01:33:00 PM »
I forget which thread had a post about an interview with Phil Keoghan about TAR15/Cycling for MS, but I remember that Keoghan stated about very interesting new places this season so we could be expecting more than the usual 3-5 new countries that usually occurs for most past seasons.  I hope to see a return to South America, Africa, Middle-East, and new countries/territories in Oceania this season.

:nana :nana :nana :piano:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #219 on: July 04, 2009, 01:45:31 PM »
Amazing Race 12 started airing Nov 4th only because it was bumped from the initial CBS fall schedule due to some wannabee show that was canceled and then TAR was put back on the charts.

I remember.. it starred some Hugh Jackman or what. Or was it?? :lol:

Offline RealityFanWA

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #220 on: July 04, 2009, 02:28:51 PM »
I forget which thread had a post about an interview with Phil Keoghan about TAR15/Cycling for MS, but I remember that Keoghan stated about very interesting new places this season so we could be expecting more than the usual 3-5 new countries that usually occurs for most past seasons.  I hope to see a return to South America, Africa, Middle-East, and new countries/territories in Oceania this season.

:nana :nana :nana :piano:

I want to see a return to South American and Africa too. Both some good breath taking scenery.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #221 on: July 04, 2009, 04:07:09 PM »
Yeah, That would be cool like I said.
But I like to see more Oceania than just Australia and New Zealand.  How come BVM never have the race visit countries/islands like Fiji, Palau, Micronesia, Samoa, Tahiti, Cook Islands, Vanuatu, Saipan, and American Samoa? And if you haven't notice that why on past seasons airports like Macau International and SFO are not used for travel.  In Allstars Leg12, why did the teams fly out of Hong Kong and not Macau and the last legs of seasons2 and 11 why did they fly into Oakland and not SFO!  I don't get it but ARIsrael used Macau International, there are flights out of Macau to China, and other Asian cities.  And from Hawaii they could have flown on United to SFO instead ATA to Oakland.  Sorry but I just wanted to point this out, any way back on topic about the TAR15, the number 1 country I really hope they get to visit is Jordan.  Jordan is travel friendly and has a bunch of places to visit like Wadi Rum and Petra. 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #222 on: July 05, 2009, 07:44:11 PM »
As far as we could tell without revealing too much the race has not started yet Gman. We are waiting for

........"Word" :popcorn:
Anytime this week we should have sightings!  :yess:

Offline RealityFanWA

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #223 on: July 06, 2009, 02:22:08 AM »
As far as we could tell without revealing too much the race has not started yet Gman. We are waiting for

I'm super uber excited for potential sightings!  :hearts:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #224 on: July 07, 2009, 07:07:39 PM »

"Word" !!!   :jumpy: :jumpy:

soon...very soon!   :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.