Author Topic: Amazing Race 15  (Read 122069 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Amazing Race 15
« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2009, 06:42:34 PM »
You all have me so excited for TAR15. I'm a new poster and I look forward to interacting with you all.
Welcome to the forum RealityFanWA  :waves:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2009, 08:02:40 PM »
Vancouver could be a first stop from a starting point anywhere in the lower 48 states or the penultimate leg.

The concept of driving from Boston to anywhere in the Maritime Provinces is a bit of a stretch for me. Do you know how much driving that involves? It takes 2 hours from Boston to Portland Maine. From there your options are 4 days a week (including the ones most likely to be a starting day for an Amazing Race) to take the ferry from Portland to Yarmouth, Nova Scotia for 5.5 hours and then drive a another 4 hours up the coast to Halifax; to drive 6 hours to that huge (NOT) provincial capital of Fredericton, New Brunswick; or to drive 6 hours to St. John, New Brunswick.  It's not impossible but it is quite improbable.

From Boston, it is much more likely that teams would fly to Montreal, Quebec City, or Halifax.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: June 13, 2009, 08:04:19 PM »
Vancouver could be a first stop from a starting point anywhere in the lower 48 states or the penultimate leg.

The concept of driving from Boston to anywhere in the Maritime Provinces is a bit of a stretch for me. Do you know how much driving that involves? It takes 2 hours from Boston to Portland Maine. From there your options are 4 days a week (including the ones most likely to be a starting day for an Amazing Race) to take the ferry from Portland to Yarmouth, Nova Scotia for 5.5 hours and then drive a another 4 hours up the coast to Halifax; to drive 6 hours to that huge (NOT) provincial capital of Fredericton, New Brunswick; or to drive 6 hours to St. John, New Brunswick.  It's not impossible but it is quite improbable.

From Boston, it is much more likely that teams would fly to Montreal, Quebec City, or Halifax.

Yeah, its a stretch. But then I thought back to TAR 2, where it seemed like the teams drove across the entire island of New Zealand, or something like that.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: June 13, 2009, 11:12:45 PM »
Just putting it out there:

Maybe they start in Seattle & then drive to Vancouver? And I always wanted them to visit more of West Africa. Timbuktu FTW. :lol:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #104 on: June 13, 2009, 11:36:09 PM »
You all have me so excited for TAR15. I'm a new poster and I look forward to interacting with you all.

:welcome2: to RFF, realityfanWA !!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #105 on: June 13, 2009, 11:39:37 PM »
NYC to Canada could also work...   ;)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

DavidJunior

« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2009, 04:12:50 AM »
Nunavut Territory FTW

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: June 14, 2009, 08:45:59 AM »
Nunavut Territory FTW
:lol: my jr. high geography text book didn't even had Nunavut, we had to draw it ourselves over the map :lol:
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #108 on: June 14, 2009, 11:00:11 AM »
I'm thinking a Canadian leg would not be unlikely, but not as a finale location....

Perhaps as a first stop??

I could see the race starting in the northeast US (maybe Boston) and then having teams drive into Canada (Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia). Just to change it up and have no flight in the first leg.

Driving across the border from the US into Canada might be a problem since the racers could not show that they were driving either a car that they owned nor a rental car out of the US without the intention of returning same vehicle.  So I would say that traveling by rail or air is a much more likely story.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #109 on: June 14, 2009, 01:21:31 PM »
I'm thinking a Canadian leg would not be unlikely, but not as a finale location....

Perhaps as a first stop??

I could see the race starting in the northeast US (maybe Boston) and then having teams drive into Canada (Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia). Just to change it up and have no flight in the first leg.

Driving across the border from the US into Canada might be a problem since the racers could not show that they were driving either a car that they owned nor a rental car out of the US without the intention of returning same vehicle.  So I would say that traveling by rail or air is a much more likely story.
I think TAR will try to avoid self-driving anyway...

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #110 on: June 14, 2009, 02:45:43 PM »
I think TAR will try to avoid self-driving anyway...

(:;)

It would be fun to have a premier with no flights, and have the teams show us their navigation power right off the bat. :whereru:

But I still think the most likely (and permanent) start is an LAX flight to somewhere. :'(
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline password

• Village Idiot
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2009, 03:30:31 PM »
This is what probably the plan looks like:
USA-Argentina
Argentina
Argentina-Angola
Angola-Mali
Mali
Mali-Denmark
Denmark-Latvia
Latvia-India
India
India-Malaysia
Malaysia-Australia
Australia-South Korea
South korea-Samoa
Samoa-USA

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #112 on: June 14, 2009, 03:54:36 PM »
Not what the race looks like...just password's wishlist.   
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #113 on: June 14, 2009, 04:55:31 PM »
Again, I'd love to know who is writing and reading your/our specs?  :lol:

Sunday, June 14, 2009
Seen and heard...The Amazing Race 15
There is still that long ago speculation of the teams going overseas individually and actually starting the race somewhere outside of the USA such as Belize or Canada just to keep us from spotting the actual start.

stay tuned...
The Amazing Race 15
Posted by He Who Knows at 7:12 AM

http://realityracers.blogspot.com/2009/06/seen-and-heardthe-amazing-race-15.html

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: June 14, 2009, 05:34:02 PM »
Again, I'd love to know who is writing and reading your/our specs?  :lol:

Sunday, June 14, 2009
There is still that long ago speculation of the teams going overseas individually and actually starting the race somewhere outside of the USA such as Belize or Canada just to keep us from spotting the actual start.

stay tuned...
The Amazing Race 15
Posted by He Who Knows at 7:12 AM

http://realityracers.blogspot.com/2009/06/seen-and-heardthe-amazing-race-15.html
You know, they might include a co-op crossover task with TARLA :lol:
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #115 on: June 14, 2009, 06:45:33 PM »
I think "He Who Knows" should only add what password writes as gospel on his blog  :jam:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #116 on: June 14, 2009, 06:47:23 PM »
password is the man. :yess:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline password

• Village Idiot
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #117 on: June 14, 2009, 09:33:16 PM »
Amazing race should start filming soon. Probably in one of the major cities such as New York or LA or out of the blue Toronto

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: June 14, 2009, 09:35:22 PM »
All Hail the mighty password  :lol:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #119 on: June 14, 2009, 09:54:37 PM »
Amazing race should start filming soon. Probably in one of the major cities such as New York or LA or out of the blue Toronto
Sorry Chateau, its time to pass the crown to password  :bow: :crown :carryon:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: June 14, 2009, 10:58:12 PM »
 :lol: Lets hope he can do well in his prestigous new role
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

DavidJunior

« Reply #121 on: June 15, 2009, 01:13:10 AM »
well he did a good job at taking my speculation/wish list and periodically switching out a handful of countries

similarities:

2 legs in Mali
straight to Denmark after that
a leg in Latvia
and the penultimate leg in Samoa

5/13 with 3 of those being the exact same legs as mine is a little excessive not to just be a coincidence...

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: June 15, 2009, 01:29:31 AM »
I am just so excited and can't wait to hear about TAR 15

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #123 on: June 15, 2009, 07:31:10 AM »
what tarl and tar15 is shoot in same city togther

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: June 15, 2009, 07:34:50 AM »