Author Topic: Amazing Race 15  (Read 122045 times)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race 15
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2009, 04:44:28 PM »
Product placement...
 :ascared
If it helps to cover the costs of the race, then I can overlook it. Travelocity is already a part of the race for many years (love the :gnome) so if we get something like a McD's or KFC helping out a leg or two, then I'm all for it.
Bad mental picture...Almaty Chicken Farm...KFC-sponsored task...
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2009, 05:25:44 PM »
I'm curious. Why is everyone in the West trying to downplay the pandemic? The West was definitely not as kind or calm during SARS (100x more people die in the US each year from seasonal flu than in the world from SARS, and SARS wasn't a pandemic either).

The article is pretty telling in that the on-the-ground situation is worse than what officials are saying...

concerns were raised that some countries, such as Britain, were not accurately reporting their cases
there was a wider spread of swine flu than was being reported
Many health experts said the world has been in a pandemic for weeks but WHO became too bogged down by politics to declare one

and the social impact which can easily affect production...

a bus arriving in Argentina from Chile was stoned by people who thought a passenger had swine flu
China has quarantined travelers, including New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin, on the slightest suspicion of contact with an infected person.

Hey - look at my post count. Someone has to be the devil's advocate, right?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 05:53:19 PM by Neobie »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2009, 05:52:57 PM »
 :lol:  :lol: Happy? 666 I guess Neobie :sera:

Phil is less than 10 minutes LOVE!

Offline panda

• RFF's Lady Gaga
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ./lady gaga rox.
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2009, 05:55:44 PM »
So TAR 15 can be in jeopardy in not being finished until the swine flu?
M

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2009, 05:56:51 PM »
fidn i not eat untill they bring tar15

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2009, 07:37:06 PM »
Exactly!
and opps on the link Mooyou, I usually make sure they work.

The link works fine with me too...  :lol: I tried Firefox and IE...
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2009, 07:46:37 PM »
How the flu can help us determine some broad trends for the route of TAR15:

All destinations in East and Southeast Asia are taking substantial measures to contact-trace passengers who arrive on flights with infected persons, and quarantine is a distinct possibility. Containment measures are drastically more relaxed in South America, Europe and Africa, so we should be seeing TAR15 take a West-to-East approach, where the risk of sharing a flight with an infected person into Asia is lower.

Africa, East Europe, South and Southwest Asia are up until now relatively untouched by the pandemic - not surprising, given the comparative traffic volume from North America. We should be seeing some of our destinations come from these regions.

Osaka and Melbourne are fighting community spread, with significant clusters across the rest of their respective countries. China has a very strict containment and quarantine policy, and a history of under-reporting the severity of contagious disease. Hong Kong has just declared its first case of community spread. If TAR15 decides to go around the world, I see Southeast Asia as the most plausible Pacific crossing point.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2009, 08:26:14 PM »
Again, I am not expecting the flu to be a significant factor in the TAR 15 start. It will be shot soon, the route is presumably fixed, and H1N1 has not been especially virulent to this point..

BUT, I do think that given the public health attitiude in Asia just now, that TARA 4 could be affected. And it may be being shot later, and we still don't know what can happen to the flu virus this fall. It could mutate and be a real problem or disappear like so many before.

The "West" is not ignoring this, as I know from my CDC friends. But so far this has been less of as problem than a normal flu season, the virus is responsive to antiviral therapies, so no. There is no panic is all. Concer yes, but not panic, like we are seeing elsewhere.

And I TOTALLY agree abiut Africa! :jumpy: :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2009, 09:44:35 PM »
With the spread of flu and various countries taking precautions such as China, Japan and other known to be places, I'm expecting to see more legs in Africa, less legs in Europe (maybe the Baltic states of Latvia and Estonia might be a good place now?), a stop in the Middle East (UAE or Qatar perhaps??) maybe a triple leg in India, going to South East Asia (probably Indonesia now??)

Hopefully, the declaration of the pandemic does not affect our race course...  :(

Offline Zatchbellcool

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2009, 10:23:18 PM »
I sure hope the Race visits Berlin again! I'm moving there.

I'm Kind of excited about possible teams coming to Europe. Every Country is a fairly short Train ride away :D

Offline panda

• RFF's Lady Gaga
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ./lady gaga rox.
« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2009, 01:46:09 AM »
I'm imagining the teams are put in Quarantine. [:
M

DavidJunior

« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2009, 02:59:29 AM »
with the way the flu is spreading, and the general reactions of countries and regions here is a very possible race course:
Leg 1: U.S.A. to Paraguay
Leg 2: Paraguay to Brazil
Leg 3: Brazil
Leg 4: Brazil to Mali
Leg 5: Mali
Leg 6: Mali to Denmark
Leg 7: Denmark to Estonia
Leg 8: Estonia to Latvia
Leg 9: Latvia to Qatar
Leg 10: Qatar to Indonesia
Leg 11: Indonesia
Leg 12: Indonesia to Samoa
Leg 13: Samoa to U.S.A.

i could definitely see a lot of South America, Africa (in comparison to recent seasons), Eastern Europe, and Southern Asia

and i could also see them staying as far away from East Asia as possible, as well as Western Europe and the other North American countries as much as possible

i see them going to a lot more new countries, since most of the regulars will be tough to get to with this Swine Flu scare

Offline panda

• RFF's Lady Gaga
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ./lady gaga rox.
« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2009, 07:54:19 AM »
with the way the flu is spreading, and the general reactions of countries and regions here is a very possible race course:
Leg 1: U.S.A. to Paraguay
Leg 2: Paraguay to Brazil
Leg 3: Brazil
Leg 4: Brazil to Mali
Leg 5: Mali
Leg 6: Mali to Denmark
Leg 7: Denmark to Estonia
Leg 8: Estonia to Latvia
Leg 9: Latvia to Qatar
Leg 10: Qatar to Indonesia
Leg 11: Indonesia
Leg 12: Indonesia to Samoa
Leg 13: Samoa to U.S.A.

i could definitely see a lot of South America, Africa (in comparison to recent seasons), Eastern Europe, and Southern Asia

and i could also see them staying as far away from East Asia as possible, as well as Western Europe and the other North American countries as much as possible

i see them going to a lot more new countries, since most of the regulars will be tough to get to with this Swine Flu scare

I hope too that they go to new countries. But not having some of the fave. countries, it doesn't seem.
M

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2009, 08:45:50 AM »
I just saw in our local news that Novartis has been able to produce a vaccine for the AH1N1 flu... HOORAY!!! That means once all teams, cast, Phil and BVM gets vaccinated (even for TARA) filming could already commence without threats!!  :hearts: :jumpy: :jumpy: :hearts:

Offline password

• Village Idiot
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #89 on: June 12, 2009, 10:32:57 PM »
I see a leg maybe in Canada because, of the travel limitations?

DavidJunior

« Reply #90 on: June 12, 2009, 11:42:44 PM »
I see a leg maybe in Canada because, of the travel limitations?

shush you!

although, they could always do a Canada leg/half leg

but not because of travel limitations

especially with the new vaccines that are out

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2009, 03:27:13 AM »

Would it be funny if a team was eliminated because they got put into Quarantine? :funny:
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline panda

• RFF's Lady Gaga
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ./lady gaga rox.
« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2009, 04:10:37 AM »

Would it be funny if a team was eliminated because they got put into Quarantine? :funny:

i know! ahahahha!!! they spend half an hour there and they're in a lead. After the quarantine, they are eliminated. Lol, what a bummer.
M

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2009, 07:22:25 AM »
I see a potential leg in Canada, but not for the reasons that Password stated. This will be the 7th season since AR8 with Montreal and Toronto. It's time for Vancouver to be an Amazing Race stop, either as the AR15 finale location or as an intermediate point to that.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #94 on: June 13, 2009, 07:40:30 AM »
I see a potential leg in Canada, but not for the reasons that Password stated. This will be the 7th season since AR8 with Montreal and Toronto. It's time for Vancouver to be an Amazing Race stop, either as the AR15 finale location or as an intermediate point to that.

Wouldn't it be nice to have the finale outside the US for the first time!!  :lol: I'm hoping for a Canada leg as well!!

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #95 on: June 13, 2009, 03:38:40 PM »

Wouldn't it be nice to have the finale outside the US for the first time!!  :lol: I'm hoping for a Canada leg as well!!
NO!  This is the American Version.  I find it highly unlikely anyway!
 :funny:
It would be interesting though!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #96 on: June 13, 2009, 03:42:45 PM »
I'm thinking a Canadian leg would not be unlikely, but not as a finale location....

Perhaps as a first stop??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: June 13, 2009, 03:45:52 PM »
I'm thinking a Canadian leg would not be unlikely, but not as a finale location....

I could see the race starting in the northeast US (maybe Boston) and then having teams drive into Canada (Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia). Just to change it up and have no flight in the first leg.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: June 13, 2009, 04:02:57 PM »

I could see the race starting in the northeast US (maybe Boston) and then having teams drive into Canada (Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia). Just to change it up and have no flight in the first leg.
that would really throw the rff detectives off :lol:
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline RealityFanWA

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #99 on: June 13, 2009, 05:54:33 PM »
You all have me so excited for TAR15. I'm a new poster and I look forward to interacting with you all.