Author Topic: Amazing Race 15  (Read 122647 times)

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
Re: Amazing Race 15
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2009, 06:36:48 AM »
My first post in this board, I think,  and in this thread! I really think that Africa should be visited again, since it's a long time since last visit there... Season 12?? I hope they come to Europe, if nothing extrardinary happens. And I'd love them to come to Spain! I can be a PitStop greeter!!!!  :lol: I also think that South America is returning this year, which makes me feel sad as I'm bored of seeing locals speaking Spanish out of my country (Just kidding), but I see al the legs in South America alike to each other.

I hope that there are 15 episodes, or 16 or 17. The more there are the better it is! And, I'm just looking for another 60+ year-old team!! They rock!

TAR15 to Valencia, please!!!!!!

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2009, 10:57:48 PM »
I want a 60+ team that can really compete. I wanted Anita and Arthur to really get far but oh well  :(
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2009, 08:32:10 AM »
I want a 60+ team that can really compete. I wanted Anita and Arthur to really get far but oh well  :(

Obviously. That teams see the race from another point of view. It is awesome to see Meredtih and Gretchen (Yay!) or Fran and Barry. I strongly miss ateam like those...  :'(

Offline Chameleon777

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2009, 02:46:20 PM »
HEY!

Here's an idea.

My mother and I are U.S. citizens but we live in Canada. I was born in Canada, but I have dual citizenship because Mom was born in USA

However, I have an American passport, but she has a Canadian one. However, it is so blessed easy for her to get an American one.

HELP US GET ON THE AMAZING RACE 15!

WE WILL WIN AND MAKE RACE HISTORY TWICE!

IF YOU CAN HELP US, PLEASE DO!

HELP US GET ON THE AMAZING RACE!

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2009, 11:06:11 PM »
You are right. I fell in love with MeredithGretchenOwnage :(
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2009, 11:09:55 AM »
Articles like this one lead me to believe that we'll see much more "product placement" in TAR 15. Maybe not Hellmans Mayonaise but other more international brands like McDonalds, Mercedes etc...

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/278972-Broadcast_Network_Execs_Expect_More_Integrated_Campaigns_This_Upfront_Season.php

BTW - I'm starting to like Nina Tassler...
CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler said the product integrations her network did with Unilever this season -- involving the company’s Hellman’s mayo product on New Adventures of Old Christine and Bertolli pasta throughout CBS’ Monday night comedy lineup -- was held up as a “gold standard” for how these deals should work. “We’re in talks about doing it again,” she said.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2009, 11:13:05 AM »
Product placement...
 :ascared

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2009, 11:23:06 AM »
HEY!

Here's an idea.

My mother and I are U.S. citizens but we live in Canada. I was born in Canada, but I have dual citizenship because Mom was born in USA

However, I have an American passport, but she has a Canadian one. However, it is so blessed easy for her to get an American one.

HELP US GET ON THE AMAZING RACE 15!

WE WILL WIN AND MAKE RACE HISTORY TWICE!

IF YOU CAN HELP US, PLEASE DO!

HELP US GET ON THE AMAZING RACE!

and how do you think we can help you ?

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2009, 11:23:47 AM »
I couldn't care less if the clue read something like "Take a Travelocity roaming gnome to the Mercedes parking garage and fill it up with BP gas so you can go through the drive through at McDonalds to receive your next clue, courtesy of AA.com"

As long as there are still clues to read, I'm happy.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2009, 12:40:27 PM »
I couldn't care less if the clue read something like "Take a Travelocity roaming gnome to the Mercedes parking garage and fill it up with BP gas so you can go through the drive through at McDonalds to receive your next clue, courtesy of AA.com"

As long as there are still clues to read, I'm happy.

We can have The Amazing Product-Placement Race! :lol:

It's still the same old TAR.....maybe....
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2009, 02:42:50 PM »
Has anyone given thought to the possibility that the sighting in Bogota might provide cover for AR15 to have that as its first stop? TARLatin America creates that possibility of two races being in the same area at the same time to confuse spoilers. I don't have any evidence that this is the case, but just want to see how others react to this concept.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 10:22:54 PM by apskip »

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2009, 02:46:53 PM »
Could be! But has Phil been sited recently?

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2009, 08:31:40 PM »
Product placement...
 :ascared
If it helps to cover the costs of the race, then I can overlook it. Travelocity is already a part of the race for many years (love the :gnome) so if we get something like a McD's or KFC helping out a leg or two, then I'm all for it.
Just here to visit.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2009, 09:03:28 PM »
Be warned! The slippery slope towards travelling to a country just to count money or to wash a car!

*hate the gnome, only the pure and Master Race will do*
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 09:08:07 PM by Neobie »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2009, 12:23:32 AM »
following Phil ... from "The Envelope"

Title: Chat with Phil Keoghan of 'The Amazing Race'

Date: Thursday June 11, 2009
Time: 4:00PM PDT

Talk about amazing! For the past six years, "The Amazing Race" has zoomed past top-rated "American Idol" to win the Emmy for best reality/competition show. How does it stay ahead? Those are among the questions we'll ask when chatting live with host Phil Keoghan on Thursday at 4 p.m. PT, 7 p.m. ET. Join us and ask Keoghan what you want!

Posted by tomoneil on June 10, 2009

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00d8341c2c4f53ef011570f18551970b
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 12:26:53 AM by puddin »

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2009, 12:47:50 AM »
Has anyone given thought to the possibility that the sighting in Bogota might provide cover for AR15 to have that as its first stop? TARLatin America creates that possibility of two races being in the same area at the same time to confuse spoilers. I don't have any evidence that this is the case, but just want to see how others react to this concept.

Didn't we see that last season with TAR Israel and TAR 14 both going to Thailand? Or have I got my wires crossed?

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2009, 03:24:07 AM »
It sound will family edtoin

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2009, 03:49:54 AM »

Didn't we see that last season with TAR Israel and TAR 14 both going to Thailand? Or have I got my wires crossed?

But we didn't see TAR Israel having episodes in Thailand AT ALL...  :lol:

Anyway, please don't let TAR 15 be flooded by product placements! Please No! I don't want to see TAR be like TARA having Caltex, Singha, Standard Chartered and Sony interchanging product placements throughout EVERY LEG until the Finale...  :torche
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2009, 10:02:00 AM »
If CBS would want to show us a season of TAR this fall, filming must resume at this early point in time... I'm quite worried and alarmed now, that the WHO has now declared that Swine Flu is officially a pandemic... XD That it may delay filming due to foreign reactions and restraints toward this proclamation...

Here's the news about the proclamation: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/un_un_swine_flu
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2009, 10:31:38 AM »
If CBS would want to show us a season of TAR this fall, filming must resume at this early point in time... I'm quite worried and alarmed now, that the WHO has now declared that Swine Flu is officially a pandemic... XD That it may delay filming due to foreign reactions and restraints toward this proclamation...

Here's the news about the proclamation: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/un_un_swine_flu

Let's keep in mind that more people have been killed by regular flu since the H1N1 strain was discovered.

But I think we all agree in our hope that this doesn't effect the filming schedule.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2009, 10:51:04 AM »

Let's keep in mind that more people have been killed by regular flu since the H1N1 strain was discovered.

But I think we all agree in our hope that this doesn't effect the filming schedule.
Exactly!
and opps on the link Mooyou, I usually make sure they work.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2009, 10:53:45 AM »
The link worked just fine for me.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2009, 10:55:57 AM »
The link worked just fine for me.
It works for me too!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2009, 11:07:19 AM »
Maybe its IE?   :lol:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <response>
  <error>1</error>
  <message>Trackback pings must use HTTP POST</message>
  </response>

eta: yup thats it

and .........
http://goldderby.latimes.com/awards_goldderby/2009/06/amazing-race-host-phil-keoghan-on-thursday.html

eta: if anyone wants to listen at: Start Time: 4:00PM PDT

http://www.coveritlive.com/index.php?option=com_altcaster&task=siteviewaltcast&altcast_code=d07d87a3c5
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 11:13:49 AM by puddin »

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2009, 04:14:44 PM »
This is going to be another case of the vaccine being more deadly than the virus, I think. Or at least an excuse to get certain unnecessary vaccines to people. (:;)

*Praying that TAR production overlooks the Swine Flu "pandemic"*
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis