Author Topic: Best/Worst Legs, Ever.  (Read 18143 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: Best/Worst Legs, Ever.
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2009, 11:58:30 AM »
I'm not going to comment on the worst legs ever because i love TAR so much and each week just seeing it on TV is enough for me to even complain about it. :funny:

10 BEST LEGS EVER
4. TAR 4.6. Mumbai, India
Rape Train! Rape Train! Rape Train! Nuff Said!

It was a memorable leg for me too, with the super gender discrimination Bull related Roadblock and Tian was afterwards the only woman in history there to complete the task. (Read somewhere..) And the train scenes were LOL and eww too! :funny:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2009, 12:01:53 PM »
Choosing the best was much harder than choosing the worst, as there are so many great ones, but all with their little bit of imperfection. (I do love a huge majority of the legs listed upthread!) Anyway, using a half-arbitrary weightage scale, here are my best-planned legs, ever.

10. TAR 10.2: Mongolia
One of the countries you never expected to happen. Difficult tasks (handling hyniks and dismantling a yurt), driving challenges, a totally new landscape, and the awesomeness of shooting flaming arrows across the steppe.

9. TAR 1.2: Zambia/Paris
From the thrills of the Zambezi River to the epicness of the Arc de Triomphe, with simple but potent clues like "Songwe Village" and the Eiffel Tower figurine. Add in airport madness and you have the makings of a great leg.

8. TAR 2.5: Bangkok
Brought out the chaos and complexity that is Bangkok. Making teams take public transportation allowed us to meet the original Fern, and the interaction that ensued was a delight to watch.

7. TAR 12.7: Tuscany
As ZackAttack308, I loved the varied modes of transport. This was a leg that tested teams mentally in a variety of ways, from sleep deprivation to finding out the best way across Italy to the microlight searching to figuring out da Vinci's devices. Genius!

6. TAR 5.5: Cairo
I didn't really like the Fast Forward, but the general cultural relevance of the tasks, a little bit of puzzle solving, the coolness of the Sphinx and archeology and camels and all, made this an all-rounded great leg.

5. TAR 5.2: Buenos Aires
After the random Shake Mega Disco, we were treated to a great combination of fun and challenging tasks in the Detour, intra-city navigation, direct/earlier bus choices, conflict over limited cabs in a small town, and the feeling that Buenos Aires is a great place to visit.

4. TAR 1.7: Delhi
Dragged down by the Italian portion with a boring Detour and Fast Forward, but the Indian part more than made up for it. Extreme culture shock, impossible clues, the Milan/Rome dilemma and the Taj Mahal - I was in awe after this episode.

3. TAR 3.11: Ho Chi Minh City and 2. 3.12: Central Vietnam
Two great legs in a row, could this be possible? Location-unique tasks that were fiendishly difficult (and hilarious to watch), yet each solvable using a bit of mental flexibility. Long train rides inducing mental breakdowns, and helping both the racers and the audience develop a changed feeling for Vietnam. Beautiful.

1. TAR 1.4: Tunisia I
Understated episode that combined everything that makes TAR great. Awesome locations (the El Jem Coliseum, the Tunis bazaar), a Detour revolving around a central theme, interesting and relevant experiences, the need to use one's brain throughout the episode (the flag clue, cargo ships from Marseilles, the arch, the lighter, running the Coliseum, retrieving the sword), language and currency difficulties, various transport options and the smooth transition from one clue to the next. This is as close to a perfectly-planned leg I can think of. Bravo.

Oh yes, what a great list. I wanted to include in Cairo, Zambia and Tuscany and Tunisia as well! But Neobie here explained why i liked the episode so well!!! :tup:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2009, 01:14:20 PM »
I liked the gypsy village task, before the innocence of it was ruined.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2009, 03:27:25 PM »
My mind went somewhere else completely when I saw the subject...

Best Legs Ever - Kandice :hearts:
Worst Legs Ever - oh I could be so cruel - must restrain myself  :-[
Best. Post. Ever.  :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:
Just here to visit.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2009, 04:46:08 PM »

6. TAR 10.9: Finland
Insipid tasks with very little relevance to Finland or Finnish culture, and a leg whose relevance was entirely wiped out by the TBC and flight options in the next episode.

For me, the worst leg ever! Hated both halves of it! (:;)

Sometime when I'm in the mood I'll post my bests and worsts.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2009, 07:12:49 PM »
For me the best legs ever were Yolanda's!
For the real worst leg it was all of the end of season 4.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2009, 10:57:35 PM »
I'm not going to comment on the worst legs ever because i love TAR so much and each week just seeing it on TV is enough for me to even complain about it. :funny:

10 BEST LEGS EVER
4. TAR 4.6. Mumbai, India
Rape Train! Rape Train! Rape Train! Nuff Said!

It was a memorable leg for me too, with the super gender discrimination Bull related Roadblock and Tian was afterwards the only woman in history there to complete the task. (Read somewhere..) And the train scenes were LOL and eww too! :funny:

I thought Rape Train (Leg 6) & the bull RB (Leg 7) were on separate legs? :lol: And props to Tian for finishing that, even though I still hate the fact that most people blame their loss on that when from my memory, they did something wrong at the elephant Detour (forgot to aatch the yarn I think), allowing Millie/Chuck to pass 'em.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2009, 10:58:06 PM »
Rape Train. God I hated that. Sick that was  :res: eew!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.