Author Topic: TAR: Latin America (previous seasons)** includes spoilers**  (Read 458828 times)

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR: Latin America ** includes spoilers**
« Reply #975 on: February 15, 2012, 10:50:38 AM »
Ouch! that pretty much confirms that the new brazilian version will be TARLA 4... so sad.

Offline papitos

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #976 on: February 24, 2012, 09:34:06 PM »
hello everybody, I've been following this website a lot, actually only the TAR-LA part because I come from Latin America.

I've been looking around on Facebook and according to Space's official FB-page, there will be more versions of TAR in Latin America this year.
People have been asking them a lot these last two weeks about TARLA 2012. They never said that TARLA will be only for Brazilians!

Translated into English, I quote three important things said on the official page of Space:

1. we suggest the interested public to stay alert for news about the start of the next castings (for the Latinamerican version and others), which will be always communicated to everyone throughout the official pages of the channel (canal Space)

2. "the channel has plans to realize multiple versions of the show in different Latin American countries, including Brazil"

3. Currently we're coordinating the casting for Latin America. The exact day we start accepting applications is not known yet, but we'll start!

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #977 on: February 28, 2012, 09:32:40 AM »
 :keeta: WELCOME PAPITOS!!

Interesting information, hopefuly we'll see what is going to happen to TARLA soon.

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #978 on: February 28, 2012, 09:55:44 AM »

Interesting information, hopefuly we'll see what is going to happen to TARLA soon.

So Space is planning on airing a regular TAR:LA, all Latin American countries participating,  and local national versions as well?

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #979 on: February 28, 2012, 09:59:07 AM »
 :bigwelcome to RFF Papitos!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #980 on: February 28, 2012, 12:11:48 PM »

So Space is planning on airing a regular TAR:LA, all Latin American countries participating,  and local national versions as well?

Unfortunely we don't have the official information, the only confirmed info is TAR Brasil this year...

Offline papitos

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #981 on: March 03, 2012, 01:53:56 PM »

Well yes, that's what Space said on their official Facebook-page when answering all those ones who've been asking about the applications for over a month. The only one confirmed so far in TAR-Brasil indeed, but apparently there will be more separate versions in other countries and there will be a Latin-American version too. They did not say how many other versions there will be, neither which countries will have their own versions.

But I suspect that probably Mexico would have it's own version too and the rest of Latin America can apply for the LA-version. In that case we'd have TAR-Brasil, TAR-Mexico and TAR-Latin America.

Time will tell....but according to Space's official Facebook page, there WILL BE a version for the rest of Latin America too.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #982 on: March 03, 2012, 02:25:52 PM »
 :welcome: to RFF, papitos! We will be glad to have your help, great info!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #983 on: March 15, 2012, 12:37:24 AM »
Oh man! It sucks..Finally my friend and i turn 21 and this happens...
Come on Space! Give us TARLA to the rest of Latin-america and not just to Brazil..

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #984 on: March 15, 2012, 07:20:00 PM »
Hopefuly.... but if that's not the case... well at least i won't  have to work this year.  :lol:

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #985 on: April 03, 2012, 11:32:20 AM »
hello everybody, I've been following this website a lot, actually only the TAR-LA part because I come from Latin America.

I've been looking around on Facebook and according to Space's official FB-page, there will be more versions of TAR in Latin America this year.
People have been asking them a lot these last two weeks about TARLA 2012. They never said that TARLA will be only for Brazilians!

Translated into English, I quote three important things said on the official page of Space:

1. we suggest the interested public to stay alert for news about the start of the next castings (for the Latinamerican version and others), which will be always communicated to everyone throughout the official pages of the channel (canal Space)

2. "the channel has plans to realize multiple versions of the show in different Latin American countries, including Brazil"

3. Currently we're coordinating the casting for Latin America. The exact day we start accepting applications is not known yet, but we'll start!

Has anything come out about this years race (any race international or national)?

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #986 on: April 04, 2012, 08:14:14 AM »
We don't have new info.... nothing... nothing. At this point i don't think were are going to have a TARLA 4.  :'(

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #987 on: April 10, 2012, 09:45:37 PM »
We don't have new info.... nothing... nothing. At this point i don't think were are going to have a TARLA 4.  :'(
actually there'll be maxen but only for Brazilian contestants for TARLA 4 and according to wikipedia they'll gonna start to shoot the new season of TARLA by somewhere in June or July of this year and hopefully they should race outside Latin America for the new season like in Africa, Europe and Asia and not only on that region unlike the 3 previous seasons. :gaah:

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #988 on: April 11, 2012, 06:06:37 PM »
actually there'll be maxen but only for Brazilian contestants for TARLA 4 and according to wikipedia they'll gonna start to shoot the new season of TARLA by somewhere in June or July of this year and hopefully they should race outside Latin America for the new season like in Africa, Europe and Asia and not only on that region unlike the 3 previous seasons. :gaah:

I know i was saying we are not going to have a new season with teams from differents parts of Latin Americas like the previous ones.  :'(

And sadly i'm 200% sure they are not going out of Latin America (and maybe not even out of South America).

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #989 on: May 14, 2012, 09:29:49 PM »
The reality is that there's a huge disparity in visa costs for different countries in Latin America, so the countries where TARLA could extend are fairly limited (I think it would be too Europe heavy), and seeing how low-budget the tasks are, I don't think the producers have much budget to transport the teams. We have to remember that all air transportation is pre-arranged with the sponsor airlines.

To put it simply: TARLA is too cheap to do anything fancy.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #990 on: May 15, 2012, 02:45:17 AM »
Yeah , Danooky sayed it all.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #991 on: May 16, 2012, 03:39:49 AM »
They should reduce the number of legs. 13 Legs is too many.

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #992 on: May 21, 2012, 12:05:24 PM »
Previous seasons started their filming in the following dates:
*Season 1: Started filming on 27 May, 2009.
*Season 2: Started filming on 19 May, 2010.
*Season 3: Started filming on 12 July, 2011.

So this fourth season (Brazilian race) should start filming between late this month, June or late July... which is a huge gap... But anyways let's get ready for the start of this season really soon.

And it looks like this year we'll only have a Brazilian version of TARLA, and not a Latin American one....
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 12:10:14 PM by El Chileno »
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #993 on: May 21, 2012, 02:19:22 PM »
The brazilian version will be the only one this year.

They should start really soon. The casting process started right after the finale of the third season.

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #994 on: May 21, 2012, 02:21:15 PM »
Hopefully this season, they'll fix some of the issues that past seasons had.

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #995 on: June 12, 2012, 10:39:19 PM »
So..when can we expect the fourth season to start filming??

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #996 on: June 13, 2012, 07:08:02 AM »
 :tup: July IS the speculated date at this point... it seems they will be using the same starting date from last year.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 09:34:00 AM by -mxn- »

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #997 on: June 17, 2012, 09:01:50 PM »
Just searched on twitter for any info about TARLA: Brazil and this is what i got:

copiado voy a aprovechar que voy a estar en Brasil en el mes de julio en una Produccion con .Space the amazing race 2012 y las compro.

Translation
Copied, i will take advantage (idk if this is correct) that i will be on Brazil on July in a production with Space's The Amazing Race 2012 and i will buy them

He'll buy something to someone, but the most important thing is that he seems to be part of the production for our next season of TARLA!  :conf: We must be ready for next month, i hope we have lots of spoilers, same as last year.  :)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 09:05:32 PM by El Chileno »
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #998 on: June 18, 2012, 03:03:22 PM »
So that means either two things:

1)TARLA4 will start in Brazil

2)TARLA4 will take place only in Brazil

Hopefully is the first one. I mean, i'm willing to let go the fact that they snubbed the rest of Latin America of participating on this one, but they have to put up a great route. Some Caribbean countries would be awesome.

And the cast! Season 3 was boring with all the vanilla teams.

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #999 on: June 30, 2012, 02:19:29 PM »
I hope they visit the whole continent and they eliminate the airport board, since now all the teams have a passport from the same country and no one will get an advantage from that (which was said to be one of the reasons for that thing).

Also i hope there is a villain team and lots of U-turns and Yields (that were not used by the nice teams last time). This season has to be great to gain the latin american viewers that are not interested on watching an all-Brazilian race.
Charla&MirnaLover<3