Author Topic: TAR: Latin America (previous seasons)** includes spoilers**  (Read 457162 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR: Latin America ** includes spoilers**
« Reply #475 on: October 02, 2010, 10:15:51 AM »
I tried to look for a live streaming but I only got the American Discovery Channel in Spanish. I'll try to find a downloadable version

Danooky, did you ever find such a link for either torrents or DivX?

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #476 on: October 02, 2010, 02:18:37 PM »
I have a link to download the First Episode but don't know if I can post it here...

Send me a PM if you want the Link or Someone tell me if there is no problem about post it here...

By the way the link that I have, its for the TV-RIP with no subtitles in english...

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #477 on: October 03, 2010, 10:02:22 PM »
Leg 2 It's starting right now!

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #478 on: October 03, 2010, 10:04:33 PM »
Make your way on foot to Atitlan Nature Reserve, Zipline to get to the share vehicle

Shuttle #1
Jelkin&Javier
Omar&Roger
Carlos&Mauricio

I'll try to update this leg but my conection its really slow right now so I don't know if I can do it completly...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 10:08:52 PM by Vitoko »

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #479 on: October 03, 2010, 10:13:39 PM »
Marietta struggles with her fear of height

all 3 shuttle arrive to the airport to take a fligh to Mexico D.F.

Take a Bus to Puebla, Mexico

Make your way to "Fonda Santa Clara"

Roger&Omar First Place

Don't really know how to explain what they are doing in english  :groan:, sorry

Carlos&Mauricio arrive

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #480 on: October 03, 2010, 10:37:41 PM »
Sorry can't do it my conection its not going well

I'll try to sum up when I watch it for the second time

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #481 on: October 04, 2010, 12:09:27 AM »
Now that the episode its over my conection its kind of back...

You will love this...

http://www.tudiscovery.com./race/bicentenario.shtml

follow that link... there you'll find the DETOUR of the Second Leg in Puebla, Mexico.

The teams need to find notebooks near the Main Square of the city (the picture its some pages back in this thread) and follow that same link to find the next clue...

A screenshot if it's got down

http://yfrog.com/07desvioleg2j
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 06:26:20 PM by Vitoko »

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #482 on: October 04, 2010, 10:45:40 AM »
Cute how they all sang while hitting the pinatas.
The editing is bad. & they really need to stop bunching people up with shuttles, flights, etc.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #483 on: October 04, 2010, 12:04:58 PM »
Cute how they all sang while hitting the pinatas.
The editing is bad. & they really need to stop bunching people up with shuttles, flights, etc.
The thing is that all flights are sponsored, and I think production would rather send the teams in shuttles to the airport so they can spend their money on other transportations like the buses they took from Mexico City to Puebla.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #484 on: October 06, 2010, 08:41:59 AM »
The thing is that all flights are sponsored,

Yep, it's like the first 2 seasons of TARA. It's just more interesting if the teams have to rack their brains to find the best flight/mode of transport.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #485 on: October 06, 2010, 10:03:21 AM »

Yep, it's like the first 2 seasons of TARA. It's just more interesting if the teams have to rack their brains to find the best flight/mode of transport.
I'd rather they struggle with the tasks, and I think the focus of TARLA is more to showcase the locations rather than the logistics of the game.
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #486 on: October 06, 2010, 01:04:51 PM »

I'd rather they struggle with the tasks, and I think the focus of TARLA is more to showcase the locations rather than the logistics of the game.

I actually prefer the fact they skip all the airport drama.. And I think it's too early to see strategies of the game... Maybe in one or two seasons more... when people really understand the game and realize that its not Competition between countries...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #487 on: October 06, 2010, 08:00:44 PM »
I have a link to download the First Episode but don't know if I can post it here...

Send me a PM if you want the Link or Someone tell me if there is no problem about post it here...

By the way the link that I have, its for the TV-RIP with no subtitles in english...

We have a place to share links....I'll send you a PM.

To protect the uploaders, we don't share them online here.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #488 on: October 07, 2010, 08:05:50 AM »
I think it all boils down to personal preference. Personally, I prefer to have some self driving (when possible) & public transport because they all add up to the game & not just mere logistics. In TAR, the winners have a combination of luck, skills & street smarts, & getting about in a different area/country shows all three. Teams have to have good navigational skills and money management so they don't spend all their money on taxis, for example. They also have to think which way is faster to a destination, trust others & take risks because 1 false move can mean the end of them (like when Nate & Jenn from TAR 12 chose to take the subway instead of taxi) but it can also put them ahead of the game (like Charla & Mirna getting all the good flights in TARAS). By providing shuttles & flights, the producers are taking out an element of the race & just bunch people up (almost as bad as last season's HOO although thank heavens this hasn't been as visible this season) IMHO.

As for seeing the race as a competition between teams & not countries, I think if the producers are still positioning the race as a race between teams that represent a country, I'm afraid the majority of viewers will still see it that way. Even the intro mentions the country where the teams come from. It's unavoidable, I guess.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #489 on: October 07, 2010, 09:11:43 PM »
I think it all boils down to personal preference. Personally, I prefer to have some self driving (when possible) & public transport because they all add up to the game & not just mere logistics. In TAR, the winners have a combination of luck, skills & street smarts, & getting about in a different area/country shows all three. Teams have to have good navigational skills and money management so they don't spend all their money on taxis, for example. They also have to think which way is faster to a destination, trust others & take risks because 1 false move can mean the end of them (like when Nate & Jenn from TAR 12 chose to take the subway instead of taxi) but it can also put them ahead of the game (like Charla & Mirna getting all the good flights in TARAS). By providing shuttles & flights, the producers are taking out an element of the race & just bunch people up (almost as bad as last season's HOO although thank heavens this hasn't been as visible this season) IMHO.

As for seeing the race as a competition between teams & not countries, I think if the producers are still positioning the race as a race between teams that represent a country, I'm afraid the majority of viewers will still see it that way. Even the intro mentions the country where the teams come from. It's unavoidable, I guess.

One thing: teams are not bunched up by flights in TARLA, they sign up for a flight and put the time in which they arrive and then they are released taking into account their arrival times.
The story so far:

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #490 on: October 08, 2010, 04:38:32 AM »
Current Leaderboard for TAR LA:

Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #491 on: October 08, 2010, 10:20:22 AM »
It's just me or the racers this season are too much worried about the cameras... they are not natural... anyone else think the same?

For the ones who are watching TAR17 (probably all of you) have you realize that in both Leg 2 the Mother/Daughter team was eliminated... Andie&Jenna and Susy&Stefany... Just a weird coincidence...

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #492 on: October 08, 2010, 08:44:23 PM »
Unnaired Roadblock of Leg 2

At the entrance of African Safari teams get a clue that leads them to a Bowl of Madagascar Cockroash, they need to get their final Clue after get their hands in it during one minute...

You can see the cluebox of this Roadblock in this screencap during the arrive of one of the mexican teams...

Low Quality but still... even Mariana&Mauricio said something about a cluebox when they arrive...

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #493 on: October 10, 2010, 05:44:05 PM »

Aleandra performing the roadblock mentioned before!

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #494 on: October 18, 2010, 02:44:15 PM »
Villa de Leyvaaaaaaaaa!! :wohoo:

The guys from the pottery place were too kind to some of the contestants, not that I'm complaining. It would be too hard to achieve something decent on a first try.
The intersection, however, was another story. I didn't like the way they made the losing team had to play & play again until they win. Not really an intersection then.

Next week looks fun. Can't wait!

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #495 on: October 18, 2010, 07:55:57 PM »
Villa de Leyvaaaaaaaaa!! :wohoo:

The guys from the pottery place were too kind to some of the contestants, not that I'm complaining. It would be too hard to achieve something decent on a first try.
The intersection, however, was another story. I didn't like the way they made the losing team had to play & play again until they win. Not really an intersection then.

Next week looks fun. Can't wait!

Villa de Leyva, such a beautiful place, didn't knew about it...

About the intersection you are totally right, I thought an intersection means that teams need to work together to get the next clue, and I was really desapointed to see them Compete to each other in the race, because I actually think that the race its againt your self finishing task as fast as you can, but never see 2 teams competing to each other, well maybe the whole race its team against team but what really decide your place in the board is work together and be the best as you can...

I think the production take de intersection as an interaction between teams... by the way I think the best intersection ever was the Roadblock on TAR16 in Germany :D

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #496 on: October 26, 2010, 09:10:46 AM »
I wish next week's placements will be less predictable. That's the only gripe I have so far. Overall, a fun episode.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #497 on: November 07, 2010, 10:40:50 PM »
Everyday I am more and more dissapointed about this season...

They are improving the edition of the episodes but still weird and confusing... and no departure time of the teams...

Almost every leg has a lineal task that if one team is performing it no other team can do it... how are they supossed to get better and improve their placement if they can't outrun another team... its a race!!

Have no problem with the flights not purchased by the teams 'cause i get bored with the airport dramma but right now its something necessary that the race could use to make it more exciting...

I'm hating the favoritism (its that a word?) about some teams, specially with Carlos&Mauricio they broke one of the most specific rule in the race "If a team doesn't have their passport and documentary they can't check in at the pitstop" and they aloud them to check in... And if they don't have all the documentary till the last team check in they would be eliminated... I mean COME ON! its one the rule book i'm pretty sure about that... and to making it worse... they aloud one of them to fly with the rest of teams while the other is getting a new passport in the PREVIOUS COUNTRY! COME ON! it doesn't even make sense... I mean they are breaking another rule "team members can't be more than 15 ft (or something like that) of each other and too far from the production crew" The one looking for the passport wasn't even recorded or followed by a camera... its just ridiculous... i mean COME ON!

I was talking about favoritism because in a previous leg Omar&Roger were going to get a penalty 'cause they were too far from each other, but in the last minute they found out Omar made some phone calls to his family (4 hours penalty applied) resulting in their elimination.

I was so excited with this season... I was expecting to TARLA or TARDC to grow up and be like TAR USA or ASIA, Come on even China Rush have a better edition, cast, everything... i watched it and i wasn't even that interested in the China Culture... I was going to download the vids of this season and put subtitle on it to make TARLA interesting for the tarfans that don't speak spanish... to make it more interesting for this community but right now it doesn't deserve it... I'm pretty sure that if I do it I will be wasting my time... and its not about the lack of budget... its about the challenge, the excitement of the racers, it the whole package, rules and locations included... right now I'm watching this season only because i'm interested in the latin american culture... i love to travel... and I love the TAR franchise... but even with that 2 weeks ago i totally forgot about TARLA i have to wait till was online because I forgot to watch it on TV...

I'm just dissapointed...

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #498 on: November 07, 2010, 10:55:41 PM »
And in another topic... In TARLA are doing a lot of "Switchback" (kinda)

In leg6 in Venezuela the Detour was inspired or totally imitated of the Detour in TAR14 Leg10...

In leg6 in Venezuela the FastForward was inspired by the FF used in TAR5 Leg9 and TAR7 Leg8...

and it looks like the "hang glide" detour in Rio de Janeiro of TAR2 Leg2 was imitated in the same place... (at least according to the preview of the next episode)

I'm pretty sure i'm missing a lot of task imitated or inspired by the original TAR and its okey don't have any problem about it, only if they are performed in the correct way...

Offline mariamindy

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I'm batman!!!
« Reply #499 on: November 08, 2010, 02:44:02 PM »
Everyday I am more and more dissapointed about this season...

They are improving the edition of the episodes but still weird and confusing... and no departure time of the teams...

Almost every leg has a lineal task that if one team is performing it no other team can do it... how are they supossed to get better and improve their placement if they can't outrun another team... its a race!!

Have no problem with the flights not purchased by the teams 'cause i get bored with the airport dramma but right now its something necessary that the race could use to make it more exciting...

I'm hating the favoritism (its that a word?) about some teams, specially with Carlos&Mauricio they broke one of the most specific rule in the race "If a team doesn't have their passport and documentary they can't check in at the pitstop" and they aloud them to check in... And if they don't have all the documentary till the last team check in they would be eliminated... I mean COME ON! its one the rule book i'm pretty sure about that... and to making it worse... they aloud one of them to fly with the rest of teams while the other is getting a new passport in the PREVIOUS COUNTRY! COME ON! it doesn't even make sense... I mean they are breaking another rule "team members can't be more than 15 ft (or something like that) of each other and too far from the production crew" The one looking for the passport wasn't even recorded or followed by a camera... its just ridiculous... i mean COME ON!

I was talking about favoritism because in a previous leg Omar&Roger were going to get a penalty 'cause they were too far from each other, but in the last minute they found out Omar made some phone calls to his family (4 hours penalty applied) resulting in their elimination.

I was so excited with this season... I was expecting to TARLA or TARDC to grow up and be like TAR USA or ASIA, Come on even China Rush have a better edition, cast, everything... i watched it and i wasn't even that interested in the China Culture... I was going to download the vids of this season and put subtitle on it to make TARLA interesting for the tarfans that don't speak spanish... to make it more interesting for this community but right now it doesn't deserve it... I'm pretty sure that if I do it I will be wasting my time... and its not about the lack of budget... its about the challenge, the excitement of the racers, it the whole package, rules and locations included... right now I'm watching this season only because i'm interested in the latin american culture... i love to travel... and I love the TAR franchise... but even with that 2 weeks ago i totally forgot about TARLA i have to wait till was online because I forgot to watch it on TV...

I'm just dissapointed...

Completely agree, the ones that lost the passport should have been OUT. No questions asked, just like what happened with Zed and Dallas at their time. No excuse, you're out.
Just like this week Phil didn't let the second to last team check-in without their backpacks... same thing this week in the TARLA version.

There is no chance for teams to outrun others if the teams that come behind have to wait until the leaders finish a task, it should be like the original one for those "short-on-space tasks": you have a limited number of tries and then, you have to go to the end of the line to wait to try again. Remember the "duck whisperer" task last year? they HAD 10 min to do it, otherwise, another team would take their place.

Oh, and the drama... the brazilian couple tantrum is ridiculous, the argentinean woman saying "I just want to go" and the peruvian girl that gave up and went shopping with her mom?... c'mon!!  they took the chance of hundreds of people who really wanted to do it, for that??? that's a big lack of respect.
mm!