Author Topic: TAR: Latin America (previous seasons)** includes spoilers**  (Read 457154 times)

Offline River

• RFF Full Member
Re: TARA 4: News, Rumors, Speculation--TARA 4 is a GO!! **now casting**
« Reply #375 on: May 25, 2010, 05:32:54 PM »
I don't know how reliable this is but.......

Tweet:
http://twitter.com/OblivionWielder
hoy vi a 2 parejas compitiendo en the amazing race en el aeropuerto de veracruz : D

Translated:
Today I saw two couples competing in the Amazing Race at the airport in mexico: D

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #376 on: May 25, 2010, 05:47:20 PM »

Tweet:
hoy vi a 2 parejas compitiendo en the amazing race en el aeropuerto de veracruz : D

Translated:
Today I saw two couples competing in the Amazing Race at the airport in mexico: D

That is probably TARLA.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #377 on: May 25, 2010, 06:10:21 PM »

Tweet:

Translated:

That is probably TARLA.

Over in the TAR Israel and Asia forum, there have been a couple of tweets about seeing racers in Puebla and Veracruz in the last day or two. There's also a couple of photos of taken in Puebla that confirms it's TARLA. Keep watching though. That was a good catch.

Plaidmoon

Offline River

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR: Latin America ** includes spoilers**
« Reply #378 on: May 25, 2010, 06:27:47 PM »
This person tweeted back to me, you can see what he said:
https://twitter.com/OblivionWielder
He said he saw them "in veracruz airport and at 6:30 am"

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #379 on: May 25, 2010, 07:21:13 PM »
This person tweeted back to me, you can see what he said:
https://twitter.com/OblivionWielder
He said he saw them "in veracruz airport and at 6:30 am"

Hmm...by the number of laptops in Puebla and the geographical location, I'm assuming the race just began
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #380 on: May 25, 2010, 11:39:04 PM »
irisanick: Amazing Race de Discovery Channel en Puebla!!!!!!....... http://tweetphoto.com/23854910
about 2 hours ago from TweetPhoto ·

Is that . . . a black team?  On a Latin-American show?

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #381 on: May 26, 2010, 04:13:49 AM »
irisanick: Amazing Race de Discovery Channel en Puebla!!!!!!....... http://tweetphoto.com/23854910

Yup, there are black Latin Americans, they could be from practically any country, I'm going to guess either Dominican Republic or Brazil
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #382 on: May 26, 2010, 09:10:44 AM »
The first destination is Mexico, right?
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #383 on: May 26, 2010, 08:01:40 PM »

Yup, there are black Latin Americans, they could be from practically any country, I'm going to guess either Dominican Republic or Brazil

look there wear green so i think for brazil

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #384 on: May 30, 2010, 07:38:12 AM »
For those keeping track of TAR-LA, here's a blog entry from a vacationing couple that had some encounters with TAR-LA racers in Chichicastenango, Guatemala. It has a couple of pictures of racers as well.

http://duane-pwns.blogspot.com/2010/05/chichicastenango-amazing-place.html

Plaidmoon

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #385 on: May 30, 2010, 10:40:59 AM »
YAY!!! A Chilean team!!!  :hearts: the bad thing is that they are probably the last team  :'(
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #386 on: May 30, 2010, 10:49:19 AM »
This team is probably Ecuadorian, Colombian or Venezuelan... you can clearly see colours yellow and blue... and those colours are only on those flags.

Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #387 on: June 03, 2010, 03:19:56 PM »
Hey guys! Thank you for all the TARLA spoilers! I've been looking for them for the last month, actually I'm amazed to find something here, and not in a latinamerican page... so thank you...

I'm excited there is a Chilean team  :yess: hope they do not came in last in the first pitstop that would be disappointing, Ferna y Fran did a really good Race last season and i was crossing fingers so they came in first, but wasn't possible.

By the way i'm new so Hello  :waves:, if i found anything i will post it for you and i can translate things for latinamerican papers or anything for you guys ;)

Sorry if my english it's not perfect i'm doing my best, so i hope you understand it!
I'm from the north of Chile, asi que si hay alguien por ahi que ande por este lado del mundo aviseme ;) (so if there is anyone there of this side of the world let me know)

Edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eJ4SsTLRck

I think I found the Chilean Team on the Youtube Casting videos... Their hairs match, the height between each other, you can see that he has a rounded shape face too, also in the last part of the video, and in the picture he is wearing glasses.

I don't really know what to think about them but wish them good luck!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 03:37:28 PM by Vitoko »

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #388 on: June 03, 2010, 03:59:43 PM »
Welcome, Vitoko.  I know there are a few other Chileños out there.  It's great that TAR has fans all over the world.

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #389 on: June 03, 2010, 07:45:11 PM »
Hola Vitoko!!! Es genial tener otro chileno aquí!!!  :jumpy: Yo soy de Santiago, de que parte del norte eres?  :duno:
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 10:46:47 PM by gonzalochileno »
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #390 on: June 03, 2010, 10:36:00 PM »
:welcome: to RFF, Vitoko, glad you found us! :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #391 on: June 03, 2010, 11:02:18 PM »
They are Mauricio Moreno and Mariana Moreno (Siblings) - Chile

They were most probably eliminated, because they both are using Facebook since yesterday.
This is what she posted on her Facebook.
GALERA!!! TO VOLTANU!! SUPER BEM, FELIZ E ANIMADA!! E NAO POSSO CONTAR MAIS NADA!! KKK!
(For some reason she writes everything in Portuguese)

Traduction:
She says that she is back, happy and fine, and that she can't tell anything else.

*They both are from Concepción, Chile.
*They both are friends of Diego Chaustre (Diego & Miguel from TARLA 1)

Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #392 on: June 03, 2010, 11:26:53 PM »
Like I said its very dissapointing  :groan:, at least i hope they didnt make the worst leg ever on any race and if they loose hope it was because the other racers were reaaaaaally tough...

Welcome, Vitoko.  I know there are a few other Chileños out there.  It's great that TAR has fans all over the world.
:welcome: to RFF, Vitoko, glad you found us! :waves:

Thank you guys!

Hola Vitoko!!! Es genial tener otro chileno aquí!!!  :jumpy: Yo soy de Santiago, de que parte del norte eres?  :duno:

Jaja en realidad mi mensaje era una indirecta para ti xD, porque no hay nadie que conozca que realmente le guste este programa... En realidad soy de Iquique, pero desde el 2007 que estudio en Antofagasta... y de hecho estuve en Santiago hace poco para una investigacion en terreno... y aproveche de visitar Valparaiso y algunos lugares visitados en TARLA1, TAR16 y Tar7 jejje

Edit: You guys have any official information about the time between the teams at the finish line of the first season... because Ferna&Fran made it close David&Daniel as we saw it on the show but how far they are from Tamara&Matias?, i'm asking because Fran said something like "it doesn't matter they beat us" so they could saw Tamara&Matias while they were running? 
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 11:38:17 PM by Vitoko »

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #393 on: June 04, 2010, 12:42:51 AM »
They are Mauricio Moreno and Mariana Moreno (Siblings) - Chile

They were most probably eliminated, because they both are using Facebook since yesterday.
Yeah, that makes sense, since teams from TARLA actually do go home rather than get sequestered until the finish line like other countries' versions.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #394 on: June 04, 2010, 06:35:24 PM »
A quick comment: This subforum should be renamed TAR International (or at least credit Latin America!)

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #395 on: June 05, 2010, 03:01:52 PM »

Is that . . . a black team?  On a Latin-American show?

There are quite a few Afro Carribean communities in Latin America. In northern Colombia (like Cartagena, for example), northern Ecuador (near Ibarra), Brazil as mentioned, Cuba (this is a moot point, but still), etc.

But yay for TARLA!! I can't wait for it to start. I prefer this to TARA, although it is ridiculous they pack off the teams right after they got eliminated. & I hope the HOO is not too bad this season.

Btw, hola chilenos!!  :waves:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 03:07:25 PM by krabbe »

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #396 on: June 05, 2010, 03:19:25 PM »

But yay for TARLA!! I can't wait for it to start. I prefer this to TARA, although it is ridiculous they pack off the teams right after they got eliminated. & I hope the HOO is not too bad this season.

Btw, hola chilenos!!  :waves:

:waves:

I wonder when they are going to include an "Elimination Station" for the latinamerican version.

Hope they called the eliminated teams to greet the final 3 at the Finish Line.. But I mean Everyone not just the eliminated teams of the country of the final leg like the first season...

What you mean with HOO?

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #397 on: June 05, 2010, 03:21:00 PM »

Is that . . . a black team?  On a Latin-American show?

There are quite a few Afro Carribean communities in Latin America. In northern Colombia (like Cartagena, for example), northern Ecuador (near Ibarra), Brazil as mentioned, Cuba (this is a moot point, but still), etc.

Hola Krabbe!!!
Where are you from???  :duno:

Yeah, all those countries have people of Black ethnicity. But also Dominican Republic and Trinidad & Tobago.

Nice to have you here on the Wiki and Welcome!!!!  :hearts:
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #398 on: June 05, 2010, 03:23:18 PM »

Btw, hola chilenos!!  :waves:

I wonder when they are going to include an "Elimination Station" for the latinamerican version.

Hope they called the eliminated teams to greet the final 3 at the Finish Line.. But I mean Everyone not just the eliminated teams of the country of the final leg like the first season...

What you mean with HOO?

I would love an elimination station.... and if we can't get that, then don't put the 2 teams from that country on the finish line, because it looks really ugly....
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #399 on: June 05, 2010, 03:36:10 PM »

What you mean with HOO?

I would love an elimination station.... and if we can't get that, then don't put the 2 teams from that country on the finish line, because it looks really ugly....

Actually looks really sad... its like TARLA be the don't loved young brother of all the TAR versions... almost like the black sheep of the family  :lol3:... oh well i think that title goes to Brazilian version... that i just noticed they have the first FF team to ever win an Amazing Race, even before TARA

And again what is the meaning of "HOO"

Edit: TARA was first by six months  :groan: