Author Topic: TAR: Latin America (previous seasons)** includes spoilers**  (Read 456254 times)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR: Latin America ** includes spoilers**
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2009, 02:01:08 PM »
So, the video says there will 8 eight eliminations, and the article says the season will consist of 13 episodes, so that leaves room for either 4 NELs or 3NELs and a superleg
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2009, 09:07:42 PM »
i was reading the posts in discovery channel official forum for the amazing race, and there are a lot of people that said that the race already visited cancun, mexico !!! i don't know if it's true or false!!!
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2009, 10:37:05 PM »
Gonzalochileno,

Ar3, leg 2 is in the Cancun area, the Mayan Riveria. The pit stop is closer to Tulum than Cancun.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2009, 11:04:07 PM »
i was reading the posts in discovery channel official forum for the amazing race, and there are a lot of people that said that the race already visited cancun, mexico !!! i don't know if it's true or false!!!

DO you mean TARLA ? Let us know if you see any pics!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2009, 10:21:52 AM »
Possible TARLA location??

Thanks to walkingpneumonia:

http://www.arcoproperties.com/blogs/main/PermaLink,guid,ff0ba46c-746c-4cdc-8413-93292152d1ff.aspx

Tuesday, June 02, 2009
Panama Cinema Events: Casco Antiguo Shooting

Casco Antiguo, Panama
Panama, Casco Viejo

By Iranovy Grenald

(Article excerpt from la Prensa and Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia)

As many people know Casco Antiguo has been selected as scenario for several shootings before; like commercials, movies (James Bond), mini series (Prison Break), and among another thing. "The American Race" is the next reality show that will use around ten Panama scenarios including Casco Antiguo, Tocumen Airport, and Convention Center Parking Atapla, Stairs of the Canal Administration Building, Rail Container Terminal, Miraflores Locks and the Emberá Katuma Community in their production.

"The Amazing Race" is a big challenge to the producer Jerry Bruckheimer and the creators Elise Doganieri and Bertram van Munster due to its premise being a race around the world. During the Race, the camera crews need to keep up with the movement of the teams and the host. Phil Keoghan has been the host of the show since its inception and the Emmy-award-winning New Zealand television personality.
The recording team for this reality show will be a group of 80 persons and 40 of them will be Panamanian. The Ministry of Commerce and Industry estimated that they will invest around fifteen thousand dollars in our country for this production.

Here is the Google translated newspaper article from http://mensual.prensa.com/mensual/contenido/2009/05/14/hoy/vivir/1784748.asp

Panamanian producers choose scenarios
HELKIN GUEVARA
hguevara@prensa.com

Panama is still recording the scene for productions of different genres. A documentary, a reality show and a new short films are touching the door of the country, according to the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MICI).

At the end of this month, U.S. scientists, in conjunction with the Smithsonian, in Coiba filmed a documentary on the hammer head shark, a species that meets in the vicinity of the island.

Meanwhile, the participants will arrive in June of reality show The Amazing Race, in which competing groups of people and have different challenges in the world scenarios. This reality is also winner of numerous Emmy Awards. "Coming from 30 to 40 people, as recorded in the Casco Viejo scenarios, the locks of the canal and other areas of the capital. It is estimated that about 25 thousand dollars invested in the days that extends the shooting, citing a press release dated Micio.

The other production is a short film called The Witch of Panama, the French producer Andres Peyrot, said Luis Pacheco, co-producer of the project. "Once it is recorded [in June] is prepared shooting a film called The price of paradise," he adds.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2009, 03:03:56 PM »

i don't know if this is a real one, but it looks like!!!

Link: http://bladegunsubs.blogspot.com/2009/05/amazing-race-latinoamerica-las-etapas.html

Also, According to that guy, the race started in Puerto Iguazu, Argentina in may 27... They also visited some Brazilian cities.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 03:43:06 PM by gonzalochileno »
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline panda

• RFF's Lady Gaga
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ./lady gaga rox.
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2009, 03:51:21 PM »

Link: http://bladegunsubs.blogspot.com/2009/05/amazing-race-latinoamerica-las-etapas.html

Also, According to that guy, the race started in Puerto Iguazu, Argentina in may 27... They also visited some Brazilian cities.

when i look at the word 'PISTA' i thought it was a filipino/spanish-adopted word for FEAST. lol. [:
M

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2009, 04:02:33 PM »

when i look at the word 'PISTA' i thought it was a filipino/spanish-adopted word for FEAST. lol. [:

oh no, it means "clue", feast in spanish is FIESTA!!! but filipino and spanish have some similarities!!!
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2009, 04:10:50 PM »

oh no, it means "clue", feast in spanish is FIESTA!!! but filipino and spanish have some similarities!!!
I don't think it's authentic, the website calls the Route Info a different way, but...who knows ???
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2009, 04:17:53 PM »

I don't think it's authentic, the website calls the Route Info a different way, but...who knows ???

yes, they call it "Marcador De Ruta", that's why i think is not a real one!!!
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2009, 10:26:14 PM »
News that TARLA has started near Iguazu Falls is welcome to me. The only Amazing Race visit was AR2, ep. 2. Puerto Iguazu is 11 miles from the falls. There are 3 international airports in Brazil (Foz do Iguazu), Paraguay (Cataractas del Iguazu) and Paraguay (Guarani). Two have flights to Sao Paulo (11 daily from Foz do Iguazu and 1 daily from Guarani) plus there are 5 flights daily from Foz do Iguazu to Rio de Janeiro. From Sao Paulo or Rio connections can be made to fly to any major Brazilian airport.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 06:44:32 AM by apskip »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2009, 10:58:35 PM »
I think this could be real... there is a lot of detail here. But why has no one seen them yet?? ???

Translated:

¡Lo prometido es deuda! What is promised debt! Todas las semanas además de entregarles los capítulos subtitulados de la primera temporada de TAR quisiera mantenerlos mas al tanto de TODO lo relacionado con “The Amazing Race: Latinoamérica.” No necesite de una búsqueda extensa para ser conciente de la increíble expectativa que se genero entre los fanáticos desde que se puso en marcha la versión Latinoamérica de este famoso reality show. ¡Tengo tantos datos para contarles! Every week, along with subtitles and chapters of the first season of TAR would like to keep abreast of most everything related to "The Amazing Race: Latin America." No need for an extensive search to be aware of the incredible expectation that was generated between fans since it launched the Latin American version of the famous reality show. I have so much data to share! Aún así hay muchas otras cosas y también ajenas a lo que es la carrera, en si que me gustaría tanto comentarles pero jamás lo podría hacer ya que esta completamente prohibido. Yet there are many other things well beyond what the career, if I want to comment much but I could never do and that is completely forbidden. Comentarios de cosas tan privadas de la producción podrían hasta poner en peligro la realización tanto como el puesto de trabajo aquel/aquella productor/a de Buenos Aires quien me contó todo. Comments closed things up in production could threaten the achievement as much as one job / one producer of a Buenos Aires who told me everything. Pero por otro lado, nada de mi impide de contarles todos los “chimes” y rumores que rondan por RGB Entertainment, la productora que contrato Discovery en asociación con Disney para llevar a cabo la pre-producción de “The Amazing Race: Latinoamérica.” But on the other hand, nothing prevents me to tell all the "chimes" and by rumors that haunt RGB Entertainment, the production company that contract in association with Discovery Disney to conduct the pre-production of "The Amazing Race: Latin America."

Recapitulemos un poco: Summing up a bit:

Como todos ustedes ya han odio hablar Discovery anuncio que desde el año pasado que en marcha. Esta nueva temporada del ciclo es una co-producción de Discovery Channel junto con Disney. El casting concluyo a principios de este año y la promoción principal de este gran proyecto comenzó mediante una encuesta virtual en su site para determinar cuál de todos los países serian las sedes de esta carrera. As you have already announced that Discovery hate talk from last year that up. The new season of the cycle is a co-production of Discovery Channel in conjunction with Disney. The casting concluded earlier this year and the promotion of this great project began with a survey on your virtual site to determine which of all countries would be the seats of this race. La idea es que los fans tienen la opción de votar cuales serán las denominadas “Etapas de la carrera” siendo los países candidatos originales Argentina, Brasil, Colombia, Chile y México. The idea is that fans have the option of voting which will be called "stages of the race" to be the original applicant countries Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Chile and Mexico.

Atencion!! Attention! Se estima que el programa se emitiría desde el mes de Septiembre del 2009 por la señal Discovery Channel y la filmación de la carrera comienza a fines del mes de mayo. It is estimated that the program would be issued since September 2009 by the signal and the Discovery Channel filming the race begins in late May. Para ser más exactos, desde Puerto Iguazú, en la provincia de Misiones, Argentina. To be more exact, from Puerto Iguazu in Misiones province, Argentina. Por lo tanto… Therefore ...

Navegando por la web me encontré charlando con muchos hermanos mexicanos, y aún mas fans de Colombia, hay un movimiento de blogs considerablemente importante en estos países para lograr ganar esta votación. Surfing the web I found myself chatting to many Mexican brothers, and even more fans in Colombia, there is a considerable movement of blogs in these countries to achieve win this vote. Soy un fan más de TAR y me resulta algo tierno ver que tantos fans se matan votando día tras día en la web... I'm more a fan of TAR and I find something cute to see so many fans are killed every day by voting on the web ... ¿les provocaría mucha desilusión si les cuento que desde el principio ya se sabia cuales serian los países? Will they cause a lot of disappointment if I tell them that from the beginning because we knew what the country? No es novedad que hacer las etapas indica contratar productores locales de antemano en cada país tanto para coordinar las tareas como los tramites de pasaportes y demás, ¡hace ya un año! It is not news to the stages indicated that hiring local producers in each country in advance so as to coordinate the tasks of the passports and other paperwork, ¡a year ago!

Lo siento chicos... Sorry guys ... como se dice en Argentina, esta votación es medio al pedo. as they say in Argentina, this vote is half the fart. A corto plazo el propósito principal pareciera ser el clásico estudio de mercado y audiencia, ¡hay que admitir que esta buena la idea! In the short term the main purpose seems to be the classic study of market and audience, we must admit that this a good idea! ¡Yo vote por Argentina, carajo! Pero que nadie se desilusione ya que estas son las mejores noticias que yo podría darles, ¡porque ganaron! I vote for Argentina, carajo! But nobody was disappointed because they are the best news I could give them, because they won! ¡Si, no se sientan mal porque ya habían ganado de antemano! If you do not feel bad because they had already earned in advance! En cada uno de estos países ustedes son el enorme público que junto con excelentes lugares turísticos, en fin... In each of these countries you are the great public with excellent tourist attractions, in order ... es un gran mercado imposible de rechazar para este proyecto. a large market is impossible to reject this project. Que bueno, ¿no? That good, huh?

Les dejo una foto de una de las tantas “Pistas” que sobraron en la productora y que me las traje de recuerdo (¡también tengo los sobres!): I leave a picture of one of the many "tracks" that overran the producer and I remember the dress (also got the envelopes!)

Ahora bien, esto es lo que estaban esperando saber: Esta confirmado que “The Amazing Race: Latinoamérica” pasara, entre otros, por los países Argentina, Brasil, Colombia, Chile, Perú, Venezuela... Como dije antes, por donde se lo vea cierra por todos lados que los grandes países de Latinoamérica serán parte del reality, pero... ¿y qué pasa con México? Recién a finales de Mayo y principios de Junio sabremos esta respuesta. However, this is what we were waiting to know: This confirmed that "The Amazing Race: Latin America" will, among others, the countries Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Chile, Peru, Venezuela ... As I said before, where I see it closed on all sides that the big Latin American countries will be part of reality, but ... What about Mexico? Only in late May and early June we'll know that answer. ¡Créanme, es la verdad! ¡Believe me, it's the truth! Yo todavía no lo sé, pero tengan por seguro que en cuanto lo sepa en alguno de mis post semanales lo publicare y ustedes serán los primeros en saberlo. I still do not know, but can be sure that as soon as you know any of my post it publishes weekly and you will be the first to know.

Además, será el tema del que me explayare mucho la próxima semana en el próximo post. Moreover, it will be the topic that I dwell a lot next week in the next post. Les contare lo que ustedes querían saber: la situación de “The Amazing Race” respecto al país de México y como toda esta tristemente famosa 'influenza' puso en peligro todo el programa. Contare them what you wanted to know the status of "The Amazing Race" for the country of Mexico and all of this infamous' influenza 'endangering the whole program. ¿Les interesa saberlo? Are you interested to know? ¡Será hasta la semana que viene, nos vemos! It will be up next week, we are!

··· BladeGun ··· BladeGun

==================================

The Amazing Race: Latin America - Brazil on Stage!
30/05/09 | 4:33 PM Serie TV: { The Amazing Race: Latinoamerica } 30/05/09 | 4:33 PM TV Series: (The Amazing Race: Latinoamerica)

¡Saludos! Greetings! Lamento tanto pero tanto haberlos hecho esperar pero obviamente es por una muy buena razón porque esta noticia que les tengo literalmente hizo que me levantara de la computadora y dejara todo por la mitad. ¡Los equipos están pasando AHORA MISMO por Brasil! ¡Si, y también me entere quien es el primero en ser eliminado, ja! I regret having done so much but wait for it but obviously a very good reason because they got this news literally made me get up from the computer and leave everything in half. Those teams are going to Brazil NOW! Yes, and I also know who is the first to be eliminated, ha! En realidad esta parte de la charla no me sorprendió… solo que nadie puede nunca contar de antemano con las cosas inesperadas que siempre suceden en este reality show, ¿verdad? Así es, no solo les puedo confirmar que el primer destino de la carrera será Brasil además por lo que me comentaron por teléfono les adelanto que hasta este lunes por la mañana se filmaran las etapas en las tres ciudades de Brasil. In fact this part of the talk I was not surprised ... just that nobody can ever advance to the unexpected things that always happen in this reality show, right? So, not only I can confirm that the first destination of the race will be Brazil also told me that it will advance by telephone until Monday morning stages were filmed in the three cities of Brazil.
¿Y cuáles son estas ciudades? And what are these cities? Ahí me están poniendo en un aprieto, probablemente algún productor me mate si lo digo. Hence me being in trouble, probably a producer if you tell me mate. Yo le digo a uno, él le dice a otros... I say to one, he tells others ... y despues hay cien personas en cada tarea y en los "Desviós." and then there are a hundred people in each task and the "diversion." Es decir, todavia es muy pronto para contarles que están haciendo pero quizás pueda decirles en donde estan hoy. Ie, it is still too early to tell they are doing but perhaps I can tell you where they are today. Veamos… como diría Phil, ¡se lo puedo decir en forma de una pista! Let's see ... as Phil would say, got what I can say as a hint! Una de ellas es una ciudad “cerca de la playa”, la otra es una ciudad muy sobrepoblada, y la tercera es la ciudad que se encuentra en esta foto: One is a city near the beach, the other is a very overcrowded, and the third is the town in this picture:

Es la foto que sale en Wikipedia, ¡alguno de los fans de Brasil seguro la adivina! Y más que nada quisiera agradecerles a ellos por sus comentarios y enfocarme a lo que ustedes más les interesa , porque todavía no hablo portugués y por eso sorprendió tanto en el último post la respuesta de nuestros hermanos de Brasil. It is the picture that comes out in Wikipedia, some of the fans in Brazil safe guess And most of all I would like to thank them for their comments and focus on what you are most interested in, because you do not speak Portuguese and that's why so surprised in the last post the response from our brothers in Brazil. ¿De cuáles países más están siguiendo este blog? Of what countries are following this blog? No lo sé… pero ustedes lo han pedido así que aquí esta. A continuación les diré todo lo que puedo contarles por el momento, esto es lo que está sucediendo en “The Amazing Race - Latinoamérica”: I do not know ... but you have asked so here it. Then I will tell you all I can tell by now, this is what is happening in "The Amazing Race - Latin America:

En resumidas cuentas, para alegría de muchísimos, para tristeza unos cuantos… ¡la carrera empezó este último miércoles 27 de Mayo! In short, to the delight of many, sad for a few ... the race that began last Wednesday May 27! Durante la primera quincena de Mayo se habían hecho la primera toma de prueba pero a diferencia de cualquier otra temporada de “The Amazing Race” que hayamos nosotros visto esta versión en Latinoamérica no estaba pensado que la línea de largada sea en un lugar abierto (es decir, parques, plazas, etc.). During the first half of May had been the initial test but unlike any other season of "The Amazing Race" that we've seen this version in Latin America was not thought that the line is long in an open (that is say, parks, plazas, etc.).. ¡Pasaron tantos cambios de último momento! ¡Spent so many last-minute changes! Con decirles que primero tenían el proyecto de salir desde Buenos Aires, Argentina. To say that the project had first emerged from Buenos Aires, Argentina. Hubiera sido genial, ¡las primeras etapas serian aquí! It would have been great, The first step would be here! Luego por alguna razón se determino que los equipos empezarían la carrera desde un lugar cerrado. Then for some reason it was determined that the teams would start the race from an enclosed area. Después para agregarle más confusión al inicio del proyecto la línea de largada sería Puerto Iguazú y así podrían seguir la competencia cruzando la frontera con nuestro país vecino.
¡Eso me hizo acordarme de algo, un comentario al margen! That reminded me of something, a commentary on the sidelines! ¿Recuerdan esa frase que dice Phil? “ Cuando les dé la señal podrán ir hasta allí, leer la pista, y subirse alguno de los autos designados .” Bueno, ustedes si hacen memoria recordarán que para conseguir estos 'autos designados' en todas la temporadas siempre se puede hacer un canje con alguna marca famosa de automóviles, es siempre el mismo vehículo ya veces con distintos modelos. Remember that phrase that says Phil? "When given the signal can go up there, reading the track, and climb one of the designated car." Well, if you do memory to recall that these 'orders designated' in all the Seasonal always can do a swap with a famous brand of cars, always the same and sometimes different car models. En esta ocasión los autos que se utilizan en “The Amazing Race: Latinoamérica” son proporcionados por la marca Fiat. This time the cars used in "The Amazing Race: Latin America" are provided by the Fiat brand.
Bien, volviendo al tema, las tareas en Brasil fueron re-organizada, no planeadas de nuevo desde cero sino que ahora puedan coincidir con estos nuevos ajustes que se sucedieron en el mes de Abril ya las primeras etapas nunca se habían planeado que fuera Brasil. ¿Por qué tantos cambios? Well, returning to the subject, the work in Brazil were re-organized, non-planned from scratch again, but now can match the new adjustments that occurred in April and early had never planned to be Brazil. Why so many changes? ¿Cómo un proyecto tan grande como este, coordinado en distintos países podría tener tantos cambios de último momento? ¡Hasta pareciera que les estoy mintiendo! How a project as big as this, coordinated in different countries could have as many last-minute changes? Until seems that I am lying! Pero no… se debe principalmente a dos razones importantes. But no ... is mainly due to two important reasons. Una sucedió por problemas de presupuesto en los meses posteriores al casting, ya la otra razón puede todavía leerse en los diarios alrededor de todo el mundo. Happened because of a budget in the months after casting, and the other reason can still read in the newspapers around the world.
¿Pueden imaginarse como la gripe porcina afecto a todo el desarrollo de “TAR”, tanto su versión Latinoamericana como su versión original en USA? Can you imagine as the swine flu affects the entire development of "ART", the Latin American version of its original version in USA? Bueno, quizás no tengan que imaginárselo, en unas semanas se enteran de todos los pormenores que sucedieron. Well, maybe not have to imagine, in a few weeks to learn all the details that happened. Y eso si no me molestara absolutamente para nada contárselo con pleno detalle ya que todavía le tengo bronca a Disney porque haber boicoteado tanto este proyecto que es el sueño y logro de muchos. Hoy no quería retirarme sin antes contarles todo lo referido a estas primeras etapas, con lo cual les puedo confirmar que ahora si Brasil será una etapa eliminatoria de la carrera y el lunes será el último día que la producción de “The Amazing Race” visite este país. El próximo destino será un país del Oeste de Latinoamérica, y falta muy poco para que pasen a Argentina. And if that does not bother me absolutely nothing to tell in full detail because I am still angry at having boycotted Disney because it is both the project and achieving the dream of many. Today I did not want to leave without anything else related to this early stage , which I can now confirm that if Brazil is a knockout stage of the race and on Monday will be the last day that the production of "The Amazing Race" visit this country. The next destination is a country in the Western Caribbean, and very little to move to Argentina. ¡Cuando lleguen si puedo me daré una vuelta por el hotel y me sacaré unas fotos con los participantes así podrán conocerlos! When can I get if I give a tour of the hotel and I take some pictures with the participants may know!
Hasta la semana que viene, ¡un saludo a todos! Until next week, just a greeting to all!

··· BladeGun ··· BladeGun

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline panda

• RFF's Lady Gaga
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ./lady gaga rox.
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2009, 06:21:46 PM »
i wish i could understand this language. oh well...  ;D
do you think the show has translation? or issit english?
M

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2009, 06:36:58 PM »
Me too panda!

The initial poll was both in Spanish and one in Portuguese... I'm hoping for some subtitles myself...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2009, 01:22:36 PM »

yes, they call it "Marcador De Ruta", that's why i think is not a real one!!!

Hi!! I really think it can be a real one. A Marcador de Ruta is like a Route Marker, but in the blue clues like this it doesn't say Route Marker. It says rout info. It's not the same. A route marker are the arrows, flags and so on, isn't it??

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2009, 11:56:42 PM »
Bogata?

Amazing Race Bogota

I am pretty sure I saw contestants running around Bogota today.

By yoyoma on Jun 9, 2009, 13:37 (today) in Friendly Talkzone.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2009, 12:47:32 AM »
I guess so. But I think we need pictures to be sure.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2009, 07:09:57 AM »
Bogata?

Amazing Race Bogota

I am pretty sure I saw contestants running around Bogota today.

By yoyoma on Jun 9, 2009, 13:37 (today) in Friendly Talkzone.

Thanks puddin! :hearts:

Fits with what the site above said too...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2009, 07:12:18 AM »
 :waves:i  by prom brazil will visted

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2009, 09:29:10 PM »
More rumors on Bogata:
First LatAm version of The Amazing Race shot in Bogota: rumors
Adriaan Alsema

A part of the first Latin American version of U.S. reality television hit The Amazing Race may have been shot in Colombia's capital Bogota, entertainment website La Fiscalia reported Wednesday.

According to the website, several people notified the newsroom that groups of people were running around Bogota in what seemed to be contestants of the series that will air on Discovery Channel in September.

The locations of where the contestans will have to race through are kept secret until the airing of the program, but "taking into account that Colombia is a very important market within Latin America, it would be difficult for the production to exclude Colombia from the race," the website speculates.

http://colombiareports.com/colombia-news-lite/97-news/4511-first-latam-version-of-the-amazing-race-shot-in-bogota-rumors.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2009, 02:57:22 AM »
Wow that long paragraph of Spanish/English text was difficult to wade through! This piqued my interest:

Una de ellas es una ciudad “cerca de la playa”, la otra es una ciudad muy sobrepoblada, y la tercera es la ciudad que se encuentra en esta foto: One is a city near the beach, the other is a very overcrowded, and the third is the town in this picture:

"Cerca de la playa" sounds figurative to me. And what city is closer to the beach (at heart) than Rio de Janeiro? With Rio out of the way, "overcrowded" can only mean Sao Paulo, and the third we'll figure out soon enough. I mean we could find a helipad in Sao Paulo. How hard can finding a photo on Wikipedia be?

Do we have a link to the Cancun sightings? If we start on 27 May at the Brazillian border and go through three Brazillian cities, then hop over to the Western Caribbean, Cancun would be a probable next stop. But we need to make sure there's enough space in the timeline...

ETA: Got it! Belo Horizonte.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 03:56:57 AM by Neobie »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2009, 11:25:42 AM »
Tried my best to translate it, but I probably got a lot of the tenses and the expressions wrong! (I'm sure I did better than Google though.) Latinos welcome to help, especially with the [?]s! *collapses in exhaustion*

A promise is a promise! Every week, along with delivering subtitled episodes of the first season, I'd like to keep you updated about anything related to The Amazing Race: Latin America.

There's no need for an extensive search to discover the incredible expectations generated among fans since the Latin American version of this famous reality show was announced. I have so much information to share! There are so many things about the race, and yes I'd really like to comment on those, but it's completely forbidden. Talking about these production secrets could endanger the job of a producer from Buenos Aires who told me everything.

But on the other hand, nothing is stopping me from telling you all the whistles and rumours that revolve around RGB Entertainment, the production company contracted by Discovery and Disney during the pre-production of The Amazing Race: Latin America.

Let's recap a little:

As you've heard, Discovery announced the launch [of the show] last year. This season is a collaboration between Discovery Channel and Disney. The casting concluded earlier this year and the promotion of this big project started with a poll on their website to determine which countries would host the race. The idea is that fans have the choice to vote, to decide which country out of the choices (Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Chile and Mexico) would host a leg of the race.

BEWARE! It's planned for the show to air in September 2009 and filming by Discovery Channel should start in late May - to be more exact, from Puerto Iguazu, in the province of Misiones, Argentina. Therefore...

Surfing the net I've talked to many brothers in Mexico and fans from Colombia, and there is a movement to win this vote, in considerably major websites from these countries. I'm a big fan of TAR and I find it wonderful [?] to see so many fans going all out, voting day after day online... Will it cause a lot of disappointment if I tell them that the countries have been already picked from the very start? It's not news that local producers are hired in advance in each country to coordinate the tasks, the passports and the paperwork - and that happens a year beforehand!

Sorry guys... As they say in Argentina, this vote is worthless. In the short-term, the main purpose seems to be the classic study of markets and the audience, and I must admit that it's a good idea! I voted for Argentina, f***! But nobody be disappointed, as this is the best news I can give them: they won! Yes, don't feel bad because you've already won beforehand! In each of these countries you have a great people and excellent tourist attractions, but in the end... it is a huge market that's impossible to reject [?]. That's great, isn't it?

I leave you a photo of one of the many "Route Information" clues that were left during production, and that I kept as a souvenir (together with the envelopes!): ...

Now, here's what you want to know: it's confirmed that The Amazing Race: Latin America will visit, among others, the countries of Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Chile, Peru and Venezuela... As I've said before, as far as I can see [?] the big countries are part of the show, but... what will happen to Mexico? We'll only find out the answer in late May or early June. Believe me, that's the truth! I still don't know, but you can be sure that as soon as any information comes up I'll publish it in my posts and you'll be the first to know.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 11:48:39 AM by Neobie »

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2009, 12:05:56 PM »
Do we have a link to the Cancun sightings? If we start on 27 May at the Brazillian border and go through three Brazillian cities, then hop over to the Western Caribbean, Cancun would be a probable next stop. But we need to make sure there's enough space in the timeline...

Don't forget about the Panama potential location - ( http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,18756.msg403686.html#msg403686 ).

They may go to Panama before Cancun.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2009, 12:22:51 PM »
Please note that Google fumbled the translation - the blog didn't say Western Caribbean, but Western Latin America. Also, he mentioned last-minute changes due to H1N1 (there you go, Peach!), so Mexico, and probably Chile, are out of the race. Cancun's probably a dud.

Hi! So sorry for having made you wait, but that's for a very good reason (obviously). When I got this piece of news I literally jumped up from my computer and left everything else half-done. The teams are going to Brazil NOW [afternoon 30 May]! Yes, and I know who's the first to be eliminated too, ha!

In fact this bit didn't surprise me... only that nobody can predict what could happen on a reality show, right? So, not only can I confirm that the first destination of the race will be in Brazil, I've also been told on the phone that they are filming in three cities in Brazil through Monday [1 Jun] morning.

And which cities are they? There, you've put me in a spot. If some producer tells me, and I tell someone, and he tells others... and soon there will be a hundred people waiting at each task and at the Detour. In other words, it's too early to tell you what they are doing but perhaps I can tell you where they are right now. Let's see... in the words of Phil, you'd have to "solve a clue"! One of the destinations is a city "close to the beach" [I'm guessing Rio], another is an overpopulated city [I'm guessing Sao Paulo], and the third is the one in this photo [Belo Horizonte]: ...

This picture came from Wikipedia - some fans from Brazil can surely guess! And more than anything I'd like to thank you for your comments and attention to [the race and the site], because I don't speak Portuguese, and was surprised by the comment to my last post, from our brothers in Brazil. What other countries are reading this blog? I don't know... But since you've asked, here it is. I'll tell you all that I can tell you, all that's happening on The Amazing Race: Latin America:

In short, to the delight of many and the sorrow of a few, the race started last Wednesday, the 27th of May! During the first half of May there was a trial run, but unlike any other season of TAR that we've seen, the starting line in TAR:LA wasn't at an open space (parks, plazas etc). There were so many last-minute changes! It's been said that the race would start from [?] Buenos Aires. It would have been great, the first leg would have been there! Then for some reason they decided for the teams to start the race in an enclosed area. Then to add to the confusion, the starting line would be in Puerto Iguazu and the teams would cross the border to another country.

That reminded me of something, a commentary on the sidelines! Remember the phrase that Phil says? "When I give you the word, you can go up there, read the clue, and climb into one of the marked cars." Well, if you can recall, the model of this line of identical cars are sometimes changed across the seasons. In this case the starting cars of The Amazing Race: Latin America were provided by Fiat.

Well, returning to the subject, the tasks in Brazil were reorganized, not planned again from scratch, but adapted to suit the changes that occured in April. The first leg was never meant to be in Brazil.

Why so many changes? How could a project as big as this, requiring coordination in different countries, have so many last-minute changes? It might seem that I'm lying! But no... It's mainly due to two important reasons. One, because of budget problems in the months after casting, and the other reason, you can still read about in the papers around the world [H1N1].

Can you imagine how the swine flu can affect the production of TAR, even the original version from the USA? Well, maybe you don't have to imagine, in the weeks to come you'll find out. And it doesn't bother me at all to say anything in full detail as I'm still angry with Disney for having jettisonned this project and the dreams of so many.

I don't want to leave without saying anything more about this first leg, which I can confirm is an elimination leg. Monday is the last day that the race will be in this country. The next destination will be a country in the west of Latin America, and

They're coming to Argentina later. [?] When they come I'll pay a visit to the hotel and take some photos of the racers so we can get to know them!

Until that week comes, a goodbye to all!

There's a third post that details a leg pretty explicitly.

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina > Sao Paulo, Rio de Janiero and Belo Horizonte, Brazil > West of Latin America > Buenos Aires, Argentina > Bogota, Colombia
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 12:37:45 PM by Neobie »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2009, 01:20:48 PM »
:ty Neobie!! :hearts:

This from the details of the leg:

I got even more good news! La competencia sigue su trayecto sin ninguna otra gran dificultad y nada impide que se siga los destinos como habían sido planeados originalmente. The competition continues its journey without any great difficulty, and nothing further destinations such as had been originally planned. Es decir, puedo al fin decirles que ninguna etapa ha sido cancelada como se temía tanto en un principio y se visitaran los países clave de Latinoamérica. Ie, I can finally say that no stage has been canceled as feared at the outset and will visit key countries in Latin America. El cronograma de la competencia fue adelantado un día pero como ustedes saben esos ajustes se hacen en la marcha del proyecto debido a la frecuencia de los vuelos y demás. The competition schedule was advanced a day but as you know these adjustments are made in the project due to the frequency of flights and others.

RFF's Golden Rule: