Author Topic: TAR: Latin America (previous seasons)** includes spoilers**  (Read 457246 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Bringing this over from the discussion thread to keep all our International versions together...

(First post, but I've been lurking for awhile  :waves: )

Disney Media Networks Latin America and Discovery Networks Latin America/U.S. Hispanic are to produce a local version of long running reality show "The Amazing Race" for the entire region.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117994117.html?categoryid=1071&cs=1

Official website at Discovery Latin America: http://www.tudiscovery.com/race/

Applications are due on January 31, and the actual race will be later in 2009, apparently just in Latin America. Pretty awesome, personally, because I'm Costa Rican.  :tup:

Here's the commercial for TAR EDC Latin America in Spanish:
 <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c1H4CML-0HM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c1H4CML-0HM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Here's the commercial for TAR NDC Latin America in Portuguese:
 <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sEs_YjVOW3g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sEs_YjVOW3g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Same version, two languages, same dates for applying.

Basics:
In Spanish go to www.tudiscovery.com/race for applying before January 31st, 2009 for a chance to win US$250,000 (Cheapos!)
In Portuguese go to www.discoverybrasil.com/race for applying before January 31st, 2009 for a chance to win US$250,000 (Cheapos two and too!)

Something from Amazing Race Latin America? Are they voting for favorite countries? ???

http://www.tudiscovery.com/race/inicio.shtml

It's a poll, the question reads
In which Latin American country would you like to see an Amazing Race leg take place?

« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 08:13:42 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline panda

• RFF's Lady Gaga
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ./lady gaga rox.
Re: TAR: Latin America ** includes spoilers**
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 09:09:30 PM »
so it means it can happen on Colombia? hmm...  :duno:
M

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 09:11:22 PM »
In the past few days, I am suddenly seeing a spurt of posts like this on TAR: Latin America, which makes me think there must have been some publicity releases?

While most of this is a rehash, the video here is new I think, and I believe at the end it says "Coming in September"!

Which is important because we could well get some filming sightings there any day now.

So all you RFFer's from Latin America, please keep your eyes peeled and your cameras ready!!

Saturday, May 16, 2009
"The Amazing Race" is coming to Latin America
Versión en Español enlistada abajo.
Discovery Channel's "The Amazing Race" is coming to Latin America and the producers are putting it to you, the public, to cast your vote and decide what country they will feature in the upcoming season of this popular program.

Mexico could certainly use some positive PR right now and this show has brought millions of dollars in tourism to the countries shown during the series.

Your vote could help to bring some much needed and deserved positive publicity to this country we all enjoy!

So far, Mexico has just 3% of the vote. Let's see if we can swing this around.

Please click HERE and cast your vote for Mexico NOW!

Then, spread the word to other Mexico lovers!

>> click on this link to see the video!!   http://pvrpvblog.blogspot.com/2009/05/version-en-espanol-enlistada-abajo.html

"The Amazing Race" de Discovery Channel viene a Latino América y los productores te lo están dejando a ti, el público, para emitir tu voto y decidir el país en el que se presentará la próxima temporada de este popular programa.

Ciertamente México podría usar RP positivas en este momento y este show ha llevado millones de dólares en turismo a los países mostrados durante la serie.

¡Tu voto puede ayudar a traer la publicidad positiva tan necesaria y ya merecida a este país que todos disfrutamos!

Hasta el momento, México lleva 41% de los votos. Veamos si podemos cambiar esto.

Por favor de click AQUÍ y emita su voto para México ¡AHORA!

Y después, corra la voz a otros amantes de ¡México!

Posted by PVRPV Blog Team at 9:43 AM   
Labels: Amazing Race coming to Latin America

http://pvrpvblog.blogspot.com/2009/05/version-en-espanol-enlistada-abajo.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 11:37:32 PM »
OMG. Let the TAR sightings begin. :lol: Thing is, with TAR 14 starting in Europe, chances are TAR 15 starts in Latin America too. :lol:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 07:24:08 AM »
Oh, it just suddenly dawned on all mexicans that there was going to be a TARLA, they started a campaign on facebook to outvote colombia and I kept posting in their group saying "Where the hell where you 6 months ago when the voting began?!"
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 09:39:53 AM »
This looks interesting!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2009, 10:13:38 AM »
This looks interesting!
But sadly, most latin americans fail to realize that the amazing race has more than one leg :groan:
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 09:26:06 PM »
This looks interesting!
But sadly, most latin americans fail to realize that the amazing race has more than one leg :groan:

yes, i'm often posting in the forum of discovery channel latinoamerica... and i always say that there will be 13 legs (episodes), and no all the episodes will be filmed in colombia or mexico!!! that people can't understand.... can't wait to see some spoilers here on RFF!!!  :hearts:

[

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBZkGgK6_Ns

Here Is The Promotional Video!!!, I Don't Know How To Put It...

Edited to embed the video...thanks gonzalo!! You have to use the embed code, if you quote this post you'll see how I did it! :hugs:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 10:05:46 PM by georgiapeach »
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 11:04:01 PM »
thanks gonzalo that was fun to watch ..........memories, sweet sweet memories ... :jumpy: :jumpy:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 02:20:12 PM »
if you want, I can translate the whole video
The story so far:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2009, 02:58:26 PM »
Yes please! :hearts:

I get the gist I think, but a translation would be wonderful!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2009, 09:25:44 PM »

where are you from?  :duno:
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2009, 10:10:37 AM »

where are you from?  :duno:
mexico
The story so far:

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2009, 10:24:23 AM »
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2009, 10:29:49 AM »
Quote from: Translation
(after "Jerry Bruckheimer")
The most famous reality show in television's history, awarded 6 consecutive Emmy Awards by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences: The Amazing Race, in Discovery Channel.

Discovery Channel prepares its most ambitious original production project: the Latin American version of this successful format. It's history's most exciting race. 11 teams joined by friendship, love or family bonds; a race where every challenge, no matter how formidable or hard it is, strengthens the solidarity between teammates.

They don't exactly travel in first class, nor they sleep in 5-star hotels. It's a wild quest where the money is scarce, but the adventure is in surplus. Along the race, teams will face 8 elimination legs. Each elimination demands maximum speed. The ones who arrive first get to keep going, and the last ones win a ticket back home.

See them traversing the continent from end to end, going through some of Latin America's most exotic places: from La Pampa to the jungle, from cosmopolitan cities to lost civilizations, without the remotest idea of what their final destination is, what dangers will await them, or how will the trip affect their lives.

A trip where they'll have to overcome countless obstacles which will test their endurance and mental agility. An epic race where team competition and camaraderie are as important as victory itself. And everything for a grand prize of $250,000 USD. The Amazing Race: in Discovery Channel.

The race of their lives begins in September 2009.
The story so far:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2009, 01:17:34 PM »
Thanks cdfe!! :ty3:

8 elim's, hmmmm.

I am def expecting this to be running near concurrently with TAR 15, and TARA 4 may well be in the mix too! Fun!! :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2009, 03:52:09 PM »
Somebody posted in wikipedia that filming started In may 27!!!  :duno:
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2009, 04:01:24 PM »
Without sightings, I wouldn't say it can be confirmed. But it makes sense if they plan to air this in (early? mid?)Sept, should be done filming by no later than mid July, so filming now could certainly be possible.

We need some pictures, all you Latin Americans stay alert and have your cameras ready! :jumpy:

Also, does anyone have any idea who the host will be?

Has anyone heard of any cast applications or interviews?? ???
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 04:05:01 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2009, 04:06:17 PM »
Without sightings, I wouldn't say it can be confirmed. But it makes sense if they plan to air this in (early? mid?)Sept, should be done filming by no later than mid July, so filming now could certainly be possible.

We need some pictures, all you Latin Americans stay alert and have your cameras ready! :jumpy:

Also, does anyone have any idea who the host will be?

Has anyone heard of any cast applications or interviews?? ???

i'll be ready, but i doubt they will come to chile!!!

i have no idea about the host, and i read some casting in youtube... the interviews started like 2 months ago, one team from brazil was semi-finalist, but then they were not picked!!! also a team from panama was contacted and one team of lesbians from colombia.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 04:16:56 PM by gonzalochileno »
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline panda

• RFF's Lady Gaga
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ./lady gaga rox.
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2009, 05:24:24 PM »
i wish it will be aired on AXN -asia.  :duno:
M

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2009, 10:53:29 PM »
I wish someone would air all the versions of TAR on one channel.
Just here to visit.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2009, 06:50:41 AM »
that would cause saTARation, I think haveing too many TAR series the same day would confuse the viewers a lot :lol:
The story so far:

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2009, 09:30:49 AM »
that would cause saTARation, I think haveing too many TAR series the same day would confuse the viewers a lot :lol:

OMG. Imagine:
1. Two Salvador, Brazil, Ho Chi Minh & Bangkok episodes airing back-to-back.
2. The Singapore half-legs all in a span of three hours.
3. English, Portuguese & Hebrew episodes in a row.
4. And of course, India & China madness. :funny:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2009, 01:05:47 PM »
Thanks cdfe!! :ty3:

8 elim's, hmmmm.

I am def expecting this to be running near concurrently with TAR 15, and TARA 4 may well be in the mix too! Fun!! :jumpy:

And according to this we've got 13 episodes, so it sounds like we've got 4 NELs, just like the good days.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2009, 01:35:53 PM »
All I see is this zack? Where is the NEL info, since I no hablo I am a little lost.

DISMINUIR LETRA | AUMENTAR LETRA | ENVIAR A UN AMIGO | ENVIAR AL EDITOR DECREASE POINT | POINT INCREASE | SEND TO A FRIEND | SEND TO THE EDITOR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Amazing Race en Discovery Channel The Amazing Race on Discovery Channel
Connexion Connexion

Lunes, 17 de noviembre de 2008 Monday, 17 November 2008

“The Amazing Race en Discovery Channel” inicia un casting en busca de competidores de América Latina "The Amazing Race on Discovery Channel" begins casting for competitors in Latin America

Ganador de siete premios Emmy® desde su lanzamiento en los Estados Unidos, en el año 2001, el reality show de competición y aventura humana “The Amazing Race” contará con una versión producida en América Latina, que será transmitida por el canal Discovery Channel en el 2009. Winner of seven Emmy ® Awards since its launch in the United States in 2001, the reality show competition and human adventure "The Amazing Race" with a version produced in Latin America, which will be broadcast on Channel Discovery Channel 2009.

El proceso de selección de las 11 parejas que participarán de esta aventura, optando a un gran premio de US$ 250.000, comienza hoy, día 17 de noviembre. The selection process of the 11 couples who participated in this trip, opting for a grand prize of $ 250,000, starts today, November 17.

Los interesados deben acceder al sitio www.tudiscovery.com/race, en donde encontrarán información detallada sobre todos los requisitos. Interested parties should access the site www.tudiscovery.com / race, where you will find detailed information on all requirements. Las inscripciones serán aceptadas hasta el día 31 de enero de 2009. Applications will be accepted until January 31, 2009.

Los 13 episodios de la serie “The Amazing Race en Discovery Channel”, título de la versión latinoamericana, serán grabados a lo largo del próximo año. The 13 episodes of the series "The Amazing Race on Discovery Channel," title of the Latin American version, will be recorded throughout the coming year. Su transmisión por Discovery Channel está prevista para finales del año 2009, en América Latina y el Caribe. Transmission on the Discovery Channel is scheduled for the end of 2009, Latin America and the Caribbean.

“The Amazing Race en Discovery Channel” mantendrá el formato original de la serie, lanzada en los Estados Unidos en el año 2001 y que actualmente se encuentra en su decimocuarta temporada. "The Amazing Race on Discovery Channel" will keep the original format of the series, launched in the United States in 2001 and is currently in its fourteenth season. El programa, que presentará competidores de distintos países de América Latina, será adaptado para reflejar los valores de la marca Discovery Channel. The program, which will present competitors from different countries of Latin America, will be adapted to reflect the values of the Discovery Channel brand.

Considerado por los analistas de la industria de la televisión como una de las series más populares en su género, este reality show fue creado por Elise Doganieri y Bertram Van Munster; y producido por Jerry Bruckheimer. Considered by industry analysts as one of television's most popular series of its kind, this reality show was created by Elise Doganieri and Bertram Van Munster, and produced by Jerry Bruckheimer. Hasta la fecha de hoy ha conseguido siete premios Primetime Emmy®, seis de ellos en la categoría Outstanding Reality-Competition Program (Reality Más Destacado – Programa de Competición). So far today has seven Primetime Emmy ® awards, including six in the category Outstanding Reality-Competition Program (Highlights Reality - Competition Program).

La realización de la serie “The Amazing Race en Discovery Channel” es el resultado de un acuerdo de producción entre Disney Media Networks Latin America y Discovery Networks Latin America/ USH, anunciado en el mes de octubre pasado en la ciudad de Cannes, Francia. The completion of the series "The Amazing Race on Discovery Channel" is the result of a production agreement between Disney Media Networks Latin America and Discovery Networks Latin America / USH, announced last October in the city of Cannes, France.

Discovery Channel es un canal de televisión por cable y satélite que provee programación de documentales de alta calidad las 24 horas al día en las áreas de ciencia, tecnología, historia, naturaleza, aventura humana y culturas mundiales. Discovery Channel is a television with cable and satellite programming that provides high-quality documentaries 24 hours a day in the areas of science, technology, history, nature, human adventure and world cultures. Discovery Channel es el productor y comprador de documentales más grande del mundo, sinónimo de excelencia en entretenimiento basado en la vida real. Discovery Channel is a documentary producer and buyer of the world's largest, which is synonymous with excellence in entertainment based on real life.

RFF's Golden Rule: