Author Topic: American Idol 8 Final 2 Discussion  (Read 34458 times)

Online RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Re: American Idol 8 Final 2 Discussion
« Reply #100 on: June 08, 2009, 09:18:52 AM »
Kris Allen Calls Adam Lambert & Drake LaBry a 'Cool Combination'

Although he's encouraged people to keep speculating about his sexuality, Adam Lambert now says, "all your questions will be answered" in an upcoming issue of Rolling Stone.

"Finally," he said at the 11th Annual Young Hollywood Awards Sunday in Santa Monica, where he was named artist of the year. "Once and for all" he'll speak directly about the topic.

But the winner of American Idol, Kris Allen, 23, is already speaking out in support of his good friend and runner-up, praising Lambert for his openness.

"I think he's happier that he can be himself and it's nice," Allen says of Lambert, 27, stepping out with his friend Drake LaBry. "Adam is who he is and he's not afraid. I support him in whatever he does."

Allen, back in Los Angeles Sunday to sing the national anthem at game 2 of the Lakers-Magic NBA championship series, says that he has met LaBry, and, "he's a really nice guy."

Allen calls Lambert and LaBry's friendship a "cool combination," because they're so different. "Drake's from Louisiana and Adam is from L.A.," he says. "But they click well and they're really nice together."

Enjoying the Spotlight
Meanwhile, Allen looked relaxed an hour before singing the national anthem, which he executed to perfection, drawing a huge ovation from the Staples Center crowd, which included Rihanna, Diddy, Simon Baker and Leonardo DiCaprio.

Allen's wife Katherine joined him at the game, which the Lakers won, and she has been with him for the past couple of weeks. "[Winning Idol] has completely changed our lives," Allen says. "She is happy to be here and supporting me and she is just as excited as I am."

And the couple have even more good news to share, as Allen has officially inked a record deal with 19 Recordings and Jive Records.

"I'm really looking forward to what is next," Allen said in a statement about the deal. "I'm very grateful to be working with Simon Fuller and his team at 19 Entertainment, along with Barry Weiss and Jive Records on my debut album. Everyone's been asking me what it's going to sound like. It will be very similar to what you heard from me on the show – definitely in the pop/rock genre. I can't wait to get started!"

With his debut album due in the fall, Allen – along with Lambert and the rest of season 8's top 10 – is gearing up for the Idols Live Tour, which opens July 5 in Portland, Ore.

But Allen says his wife won't be following him on the road. "She's going to come to a couple of shows," he says, "but then she is going to go home and hang out with friends and family."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20283765,00.html

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #101 on: June 09, 2009, 10:45:02 AM »
Adam Lambert Finally Confirms: "I'm Gay"

Adam Lambert finally confirms his sexuality in the new issue of Rolling Stone (on stands tomorrow).

"I don't think it should be a surprise for anyone to hear that I'm gay," the American Idol runner-up says.

"I'm proud of my sexuality," continues the rocker, who was photographed holding hands with interior designer Drake LaBry earlier this month. "I embrace it. It's just another part of me."

But Lambert, 27, from San Diego -- who performed Sam Cooke's "A Change Is Gonna Come" on the Idol finale -- says he's not the poster boy for gay rights.

"I'm trying to be a singer, not a civil rights leader," he tells RS contributor Vanessa Grigoriadis.

Lambert admits that he was nervous about coming out while Idol was still on the air because contestants are under a media embargo, and he wanted to do it on his "own terms." (He also says producers were open to him handling it however he wanted to.)

"I was worried that [coming out] would be so sensationalized that it would overshadow what I was there to do, which was sing," Lambert tells the mag. "I'm an entertainer, and who I am and what I do in my personal life is a separate thing. it shouldn't matter. Except it does. It's really confusing."

Find out what an Idol stylist has to say about Lambert's look.

Lambert credits the FOX reality show with helping him gain self confidence.

"I finally checked into my self-worth for the first time in my life, and the fact that it coincided with Idol is so sweet," he says. "I mean, I still have moments where I think, 'Oh, my skin is terrible, and I'm a little fat -- I should really go to the gym more.' But for the most part, when I look in the mirror now, I finally see somebody who can do something cool."

For more details on which Idol Lambert is attracted to, how he came out to his family, and what was going through his head when those photos of him in drag hit the web mid-season, pick up the newest issue of Rolling Stone, on stands Wednesday.

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/adam-lambert-confirms-to-rolling-stone-im-gay-200996

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: June 10, 2009, 08:37:26 AM »
there's nothing to be shocked about....

the first time i saw him, i already knew he's gay, the way he dressed, put make-up, and even the way he sing...

Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: June 10, 2009, 08:49:23 AM »
Like he said, I don't think it should be a surprise for anyone to hear that he's gay.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2009, 02:53:41 PM »
I THOUGHT HE WAS WOMAN

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2009, 06:48:30 PM »

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2009, 11:41:44 AM »
From the Young Hollywood Awards that took place last Sunday, 6/7

Adam won the Artist of the Year 2009 and the award was presented by Idol judge, Kara DioGuardi

Here's the clip of his acceptance speech:

credit to screengems1

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: June 12, 2009, 12:04:20 AM »
congrats to Adam!!!!! ;D

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #108 on: June 12, 2009, 12:52:24 AM »
Kris Allen 'Flattered' by Adam Lambert's Crush

In his Rolling Stone cover story, American Idol runner-up Adam Lambert admitted he'd been crushing on his roommate in the Idol mansion, Kris Allen.

"I was like, 'Oh, s---, they put me with the cute guy ... Distracting!" Lambert told the magazine. "He's the one guy that I found attractive in the whole group on the show ... totally my type – except that he has a wife."

Allen's response? "I'm flattered," the Idol winner tells PEOPLE exclusively, "And think it's hilarious."

The duo will have plenty of time to laugh over their missed chance at bromance this summer: Allen, Lambert and the other eight finalists from the show's top ten will hit the road on a 52-date tour starting July 5 in Portland, Ore.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20284690,00.html

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #109 on: June 12, 2009, 11:27:12 AM »
I bought the Rolling Stone magazine today and read Adam's article. It was very good and enjoyed it. It was very revealing and no holds barred interview.

And to give ya'll a heads up that Adam is the main story on 20/20 tonight at 10 pm EST. I am recording it since I'll be at work.

Offline pledge

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: June 13, 2009, 12:44:08 AM »
Thanks Will for the heads up about Adam Lambert's interview on 20/20.....
I just watched it and loved it.  He seems like a down to earth/matter of fact
kinds of guy.  He made me laugh a few times.  I like him even more after the
interview.  Think I will go out tomorrow and see if I can find the Rolling Stone Magazine.

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #111 on: June 13, 2009, 02:42:18 AM »
The interview was fantastic.  Boy I have hundreds of questions I would love to ask adam and his mother...   Who knows with as open as adam is maybe someday I can.....

Offline panda

• RFF's Lady Gaga
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ./lady gaga rox.
« Reply #112 on: June 13, 2009, 05:46:17 AM »
I THOUGHT HE WAS WOMAN

sh--!!!!!! ahahah!
M

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2009, 10:27:26 AM »
ty will i was dvring it he is a cutie...
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #114 on: June 13, 2009, 05:45:59 PM »
Adam on 20/20

credit to stacymiller2002

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #115 on: June 14, 2009, 10:21:16 AM »
Baby No. 3 on the Way for Bo Bice

There will be two American Idol debuts to look forward to in January – the premiere of Season 9 and a new arrival from alum Bo Bice!

The season four contestant announced wife Caroline's pregnancy on Friday evening at a fan club gathering in Nashville.

"American Idol has a new winner each year – seems things are the same in our house," Bice, 33, tells PEOPLE. "Can't wait to introduce our new little 'Idol' to the world January 31st!"

The latest addition will be the third child for Bice and his wife, who are also parents to sons Caleb James, 9 months, and Aidan Michael, 3 ½. The couple have been married four years.

On tour throughout the summer, the rocker will open for Lynyrd Skynyrd in August.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20285098,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #116 on: June 28, 2009, 12:11:24 PM »
Adam Lambert & Kris Allen: They Want to Record Together!

For the next three months or so, Adam Lambert and Kris Allen will be spending a lot of time with each other crisscrossing the country on the American Idol tour.

It's no wonder that the two say we shouldn't be surprised if, in the end, they decide to record a song together.

"It could happen," Lambert told me yesterday during my exclusive sitdown with him and Allen. "Maybe we'll write a song on the road."

Allen smiled, "We have to figure it out, but yeah, we should do it."

No surprise, but the American Idol winner and runner-up have become as tight as any two best friends could be. So, just how close are they?

They both laugh when I ask Allen if Lambert is his "closest gay."

"As much time as we spend together, I would probably say so," Allen said.

And it works both ways. "He's definitely becoming my closest straight," Lambert said. "That's something I am trying to get across—that it doesn't frickin' matter. Just like when people were dealing with race relations. The moment we started getting over it as a society was the moment we stopped paying attention to the differences and paid attention to the similarities.

He continued, "People get so scared and uncomfortable with the ways in which they are different. I think it's a testament to Kris that he's completely comfortable in his own skin, comfortable with his sexuality. He's a straight man, he's married, and it's not threatening for him to be friends with a gay guy."

Or as the more reserved Allen put it, "That's what's wrong with the world. Why can't everyone just get along?"

As talkative as Lambert is, he remains pretty much tight-lipped on matters of the heart.

"I do not have a boyfriend," he said when I ask about the much-speculated-about relationship he has with interior designer and artist Drake LaBry. "I know everybody wants to know but that is the one area that I kind of want to keep out of the press: my personal love life, especially out of respect to the other person."

But then, a few minutes later, Lambert looked at me and said, "OK, let me set the record straight with you on the boyfriend thing—Yes, Drake and I are dating. You can say that."

Now back to show business. Is Lambert itching to get back to acting like he did in his pre-Idol theater days?

Not exactly.

"I think I'm a little bit over it because I spent so much time as a kid in theater," he said. "I had my love affair with musical theater and now I'm like, ‘Give me something edgier, give me something a littler grittier, a little bit sexier and not so safe.' "

Mr. Allen, on the other hand, wants absolutely nothing to do with acting. "I don't think so, man," he said. "I don't think anyone would ask me to. I did those Ford commercials and it was hell."

(The 50-city American Idol summer tour kicks off July 5 in Portland, Ore.)

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/marc_malkin/b131599_adam_lambert_kris_allen_they_want.html?sid=twitterfeed_marcmalkin&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=twitterfeed&utm_campaign=twitterfeed_marcmalkin

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #117 on: June 29, 2009, 12:29:17 AM »
Kris Allen & Adam Lambert Talk About Life After Idol

American Idol is ready to hit the road! Season 8 winner Kris Allen and runner-up Adam Lambert were on hand at a press day in Los Angeles on Thursday to talk about the Idols Live Tour, which kicks off in Portland, Ore., on July 5, and will take the top 10 — which also includes Allison Iraheta, Anoop Desai, Danny Gokey, Lil Rounds, Matt Giraud, Megan Joy, Michael Sarver and Scott MacIntyre — to 50 cities in North America. PEOPLE spoke separately with Allen and Lambert about their upcoming albums, the tour and how their life has changed. – Jed Dreben

Kris Allen
Are you moving or planning on staying in Conway, Ark.?
My wife is going to move back home for the tour, so we still have to have a place to live, and still have our apartment. But things have changed completely. Four months ago, I could have never imagined ever doing anything like this. I don’t get much sleep now but there’s a lot of work to be done writing for the album and … rehearsals, as well. It’s nonstop but I’d rather be doing this than anything else.

How is the recording process coming along?
It feels great! It feels great to know that you’ve wanted to do this thing your whole life and to know that you have an album coming out in the fall that you’ve worked hard on that is you.

Can you tell us anything specific about the album — how many tracks, guest appearances?
None of that stuff I know yet. I don’t know if we’re going to have any collaborations and I have no idea how many tracks, but I think the CD is going to be great, I really do. A lot of good songs.

Do you think people will be surprised with your sound?
I actually do think people are going to be surprised, but in a good way, hopefully.

What’s been the hardest thing about recording?
It’s a lot of work. For me, I felt like the songs would come easier writing-wise and collaborating with people. It’s just a process and you kind of have to get used to it and we’re very, very new to this and you’re kind of just thrown into, “Hey, you’re going make a CD in four months. And You’re going to be on tour for three of those months.” … We are music industry virgins, but I feel like we had the best experience and you kind of learn a lot from Idol, and you got to work hard.

What are you taking on tour with you for those long bus rides?
If I got my iPod and my phone, I am perfect because you can talk to people and then you can listen to great music, which I like to do.

Are there any songs you’re excited to perform?
I think they let us say one. I’m really excited to perform “Hey Jude” by The Beatles just because it’s such a great song.

Adam Lambert
How is the album coming along?
I am so excited! I think it’s going to come out in November. We haven’t found a title yet. And I’m working with RedOne — he’s an incredible producer who did Lady Gaga’s hit material. I’m working with Linda Perry, with Greg Wells, with Ryan Tedder, Sam Sparrow — amazing writers and producers. And I’m getting to co-write. I wrote a song with Kara Dioguardi from the show. It’s awesome.

What will the vibe of your album be?
It’s really about finding the sound that I want to communicate my ideas to people. On Idol, you’re doing cover music that’s tried and true material. I went the route of doing a lot of classic rock because I knew that that was the more vocal and it was songs that everybody connected with. In creating new material, I want to do something modern that will stand the test of time, and something that’s new. I’m being careful not to stay stuck in that sound, because it could end up being dated. So, I’m going to try to take the best musically from that era and make it mix with modern pop electronic production. It should be really different.

What’s been the reaction since you came out on the cover of Rolling Stone?
The response that I’ve felt is mostly positive support, so I think that’s great. It’s a testament to us really trying to become a bit more progressive and focus on what really matters which is that I’m an entertainer and a singer and that’s what it really needs to be about. My private life really has nothing to do with my ability to entertain.

How will you pass the time on a crowded tour bus?
Definitely iPod. You know, escape in music is the best way to kind of be in your own little world. Books as well, I’ll probably grab some books.

Any specific artists you’ll have on rotation?
I’m such a music junky. I have everything all the time. You name it, I’ve downloaded it.

What would you put on your concert rider?
We’re not quite at the level right now where we get our own rider for this tour. I don’t know. I would love to have a masseuse on sight — that would be cool.

Any cities you’re especially excited for?
Connecting with people that are in different cities across the country is going to be really cool. I’m excited for the L.A. show. Obviously, I’ve lived here for eight years so this is my home base now. And then my hometown, San Diego, where I grew up.

What else are you excited for?
I’m looking forward to banking that paycheck. I’m not going to lie, I mean, that’s not my first priority, but, you know, I think for all of us, having gone through experience, to be able to walk away with some financial security in these tough times is really nice.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/06/26/kris-allen-adam-lambert-talk-about-life-after-idol/