Author Topic: American Idol 8 Final 2 Discussion  (Read 34555 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Re: American Idol 8 Final 2 Discussion
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2009, 03:02:34 PM »
Kris Allen Credits His Wife with His Success

Behind every great man, there is a great woman. Such is the case of the latest American Idol winner Kris Allen.

Admitting during his appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, set to air on May 26, that he was “shocked every week” during competition, he says it was his wife who kept him going.

“I’ve been singing for a long time I started playing guitar when I was 13 and I’m 23 now,” he tells the talk show host. “I did the music scene in Arkansas, which isn’t that big … and It didn’t work out and I almost gave up.”

But, he continues, “My wife has been the support. I seriously almost gave up a lot, and she was just like you have to keep going. She believed in me more than I believed in myself. She is just great.”

Of Simon Cowell’s declaration Allen “shouldn’t of played the wife card so early,” DeGeneres disagrees. She tells Allen, “I thought it was great and you seem like an adorable couple and I think it’s important for people to see that you have a wife and how supportive she was.”

It was an issue that never crossed Allen’s mind. “I care about her a lot so it didn’t bother me that she was brought up,” he says. “I think it bothered her more than it bothered me.”

“She is responsible for you getting this far,” DeGeneres prods. “I think you owe her something big.”

Allen’s idea: “Vacation, how about that?”

DeGeneres, meanwhile, also calls runner-up Adam Lambert Friday to talk about the finale. “The way people were talking and the way you reacted when his name was called, it was like you were his dad,” she says. “You were so genuinely happy for him they way you kind of grabbed his shoulders and hugged him and I thought you were so gracious.”

“Thank you. I was really mentally prepared to have whatever happen, happen,” responds Lambert, adding, “He was shocked. I had to shake him a little bit.”

And ever the gracious competitor, Lambert says of Allen, “I’m a huge fan.”

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/05/22/kris-allen-credits-his-wife-with-his-success/

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2009, 05:21:41 PM »
awww i am setting my dvr now...ty ty ty will u find all the good stuff :hearts: :hearts: u an tl i never have to leave this mess board tv tv and more tv love love love it...
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline panda

• RFF's Lady Gaga
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ./lady gaga rox.
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2009, 05:44:38 PM »
@Joab: im with u!  :hearts: kris rocks! oh and if he won't be successful, it's gunna be a lonely world listening to the old same good singers. btw, David Cook has looks somehow. Not just the physique.  :jumpy:

@TL: I think they practiced it but even the judges didn't know anything about it. LOL, tatiana turning around like 3-4 times makes her look weirder.
M

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2009, 06:03:33 PM »
@Joab: im with u!  :hearts: kris rocks! oh and if he won't be successful, it's gunna be a lonely world listening to the old same good singers. btw, David Cook has looks somehow. Not just the physique.  :jumpy:

@TL: I think they practiced it but even the judges didn't know anything about it. LOL, tatiana turning around like 3-4 times makes her look weirder.

It was priceless!  :funny: 

BTW, welcome to the AI board! Don't be a stranger now :angel:

:ty4posting :welcome:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2009, 07:01:13 PM »
This is interesting!

Exclusive: Queen’s Brian May Addresses Adam Lambert Rumors
5/22/09, 5:25 pm EST

After Adam Lambert’s killer performance with Queen on Wednesday night’s season finale of American Idol, rumors flew that he had already been offered a job singing with the band. That’s slightly premature, according to the band’s guitarist, Brian May. “Amongst all that furor, there wasn’t really a quiet moment to talk,” May tells Rolling Stone in an e-mail interview. “But [drummer Roger Taylor] and I are definitely hoping to have a meaningful conversation with him at some point. It’s not like we, as Queen, would rush into coalescing with another singer just like that. It isn’t that easy. But I’d certainly like to work with Adam. That is one amazing instrument he has there.”

May, whose band recently ended a four-year-long partnership with singer Paul Rodgers, is comfortable with Idol as a launching point for the careers of rock singers. “You’d have to define ‘legitimate’ first,” he writes. “The long-term answer has to be that, if you have enough talent and enough will to succeed, you will get there by whatever route presents itself. Once you have scaled the castle walls, with the sword in your hand, it matters little
how you got there. I’ve not always been positive about shows like this, but there is no doubt that it offers a door to some real genuine talent along the way.”

“Both those boys are well worthy of big success,” May continues, in regard to Lambert and Idol winner Kris Allen. “So it’s pointless for someone like me to stand on the sidelines jeering. I’m confident Adam will make great use of this wonderful opportunity. I hope I’m there to see it.”

Source: http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/05/22/exclusive-queens-brian-may-ponders-american-idol-adam-lambert-as-new-frontman/

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2009, 07:14:13 PM »
I think the best moment of the night was when Kara appeared and KO-ed Bikini girl. It was extremely shocking, hilarious and sweet.. especially she's doing it for charity.. and it also showed us how talented she is.. even Simon gave her a standing ovation lol!

Tatiana was hilarious, and kudos to her for acting up to the producers and continued singing and singing.. we knew she was just acting, after all the act she has put up a demure front on American Idol during the Top 36 round.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2009, 08:30:16 PM »
It was so funny when Kara started singing then showed us HER bikini. I don't think TBG was too pleased. LOL

Offline panda

• RFF's Lady Gaga
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ./lady gaga rox.
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2009, 08:53:45 PM »
@joab: xeah! i think bikini girl was so pissed.  :wohoo:

@TL: ahaha! dun worry i won't be! xDD
M

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2009, 09:48:15 PM »
I have to say, the Idol awards scenes have been very laffos. :lol:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2009, 11:51:14 PM »
I just can say.. this season is darn weird. I have no idea how come Allison never managed to pick up votes, no idea how Kris made the Top 13 (if he didn't advance to the final 13 through 3rd highest vote getter, i don't believe the judges will pick him as a wild card) and i also have no idea how Kris even won.

And that makes American Idol unpredictable and fun to watch! :funny:

I seriously love No Boundaries by Kris Allen.. and i have no idea why so much critisms were given to the song.. when the tune is really really good! Anyone heard the studio version?? >> HIGHLIGHT You can ask me for the song i guess.. <<

Offline panda

• RFF's Lady Gaga
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ./lady gaga rox.
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2009, 12:09:39 AM »
I just can say.. this season is darn weird. I have no idea how come Allison never managed to pick up votes, no idea how Kris made the Top 13 (if he didn't advance to the final 13 through 3rd highest vote getter, i don't believe the judges will pick him as a wild card) and i also have no idea how Kris even won.

And that makes American Idol unpredictable and fun to watch! :funny:

I seriously love No Boundaries by Kris Allen.. and i have no idea why so much critisms were given to the song.. when the tune is really really good! Anyone heard the studio version?? >> HIGHLIGHT You can ask me for the song i guess.. <<

He sang Man in the Mirror i think in the group stuffs. weird. what i always do when AI start, i list names of those who I liked. then cross out those who are eliminated. kris wasnever in my list. except when i saw him singing heartless!
M

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2009, 12:38:16 AM »
'American Idol''s Adam Lambert: 'It Wasn't About the Title'

Adam Lambert was considered by many to be the "American Idol" frontrunner this season, so the fact that he finished second to Kris Allen came as a surprise to many, but it is not a problem for the 27-year-old from San Diego, CA.

"I know it sounds cliché, but I really feel that I won by getting to the finals," he says. "To me, it wasn't about the title. It was the experience. I was able to use 'American Idol' as a platform, and now, I have a career. So, there is no need to dwell on the negative. We should look forward and be excited about an album and the rest of my career."

Prior to auditioning for "American Idol," Adam was in Los Angeles performing in the cast of Wicked, he had a band, and he had begun writing music. But he didn't get "discovered."

"I might not have gone through the proper channels," he tells ET. "The concept of being discovered is a dying art. I don't think anybody gets discovered anymore. I think you have to put yourself out there. I was getting to the point where I was ready to submit music to labels, and, then, this opportunity came along and I jumped at it. I think things happen when they are supposed to."

Adam is hoping that because he was able to show his versatility as a singer on "American Idol," that he will be able to continue that process on his album.

"My view of the record industry is that it is a little too specific," he says. "The labels try to put one box around every artist and keep them in one genre. We don't have to go about it that way. Obviously, we want the album to have a cohesive sound, but I think it can have different styles with me at the center of it."

As for the negative comments that some of his performances were too theatrical, Adam dismisses them, saying with a laugh, "I never really listen to what people say. My favorite artists are artists that are theatrical. Obviously, when you are doing a recording, things aren't going to translate as over the top. A live performance takes on a different life. I really enjoy the recording process, and it is going to represent itself differently. Anybody who bought an iTunes version of what I did on the show can see how I sound in a recorded session vs. life. It is different. A live performance takes it to a different level."

Don't miss Adam when the "American Idol" tour comes to a city near you, beginning July 5.

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/05/74548/index.html

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2009, 12:44:22 AM »
The New 'American Idol' Interview with Kris Allen

Despite winning the season eight "American Idol" title, Kris Allen remains modest about earning enough votes to put him in the same category as such musical successes as Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood and David Cook.

"I feel like Adam deserved it as much as I did," he says just two days after the finale. "Adam was the most consistent person all year. He was seriously one of the most gifted performers I have ever met. He is a great guy. We told each other that day, 'You deserve it.' I think it could have gone either way and America would definitely not have got it wrong."

Kris has already cashed in on his new-found fame, immediately filming an "I'm Going to Disneyland" spot. Next up for the 23-year-old from Conway, AR, is the "American Idol" summer tour and his album.

"For me, I felt like I did exactly what I wanted to do on the show and that I would want to do on a record ... maybe stray a little bit," he says. "When I did 'Ain't No Sunshine,' that is what I want to do, stuff that has that feel. [Music that] moves people. I do write my own music, but I don't know if we will be able to use any of that stuff on the first CD."

The new "American Idol" says he has been writing songs for about six years or so, despite his initial resistance, because he thought it would be "too hard."

"It is the way I express how I feel. I am not a man of many words or very expressive or emotional, but it comes out in my music. That is who I am. I don't know how great I am at it. But the more you do that, especially when you start collaborating with people you get better," he explains.

Kris is a newlywed, married eight months to his long-time girlfriend Katy, who he says believes in him and will stand by him through all that is yet to come as a result of his win.

"For me, I have been getting ready for this all my life," he says. "I have done a lot of things in my life and I been in a lot of places. Life gets you ready for what is going to happen next. This is everything coming into a culmination of everything I have been through. I don't even know. I think everything is going to be great."

Don't miss Kris when the "American Idol" tour comes to a city near you, beginning July 5.

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/05/74549/

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2009, 10:05:11 AM »
I guess both guys will do really well with their albums. Both of them are really good-looking, incredibly talented, and extremely popular. Can't wait for both of them to release their albums!

And yes, this season's been pretty interesting. Powerhouse singers like Lil never able to find herself back after her first performance, and Kris even making the top 13. He's definitely not the best singer, but he's got to be one of the nicest, humblest, most original and likeable contestants. I'll say the same for Adam, never failing to impress week after week, and I really think he's a very nice guy. So it's indeed one of the best finales for me. Not to mention the entire finale was rather amusing, with all that drama during the Idol Awards, and some awesome performances. Hoping that the next season will see even greater talent, and that a girl will win next time!
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2009, 11:21:53 AM »
that a girl will win next time!

It's 4 girl winners and 4 guys winners now. As compared to Singapore where all the singing competitions were won by guys because of the crazy female fans who would throw in countless amount of votes for the male contestants. Males are more reserve here and tend not to vote as crazily as the girls.. lol. And each vote cost around $0.50 USD as well.. i think American Idol charges the votes as standard text rates right?

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2009, 01:18:47 PM »

It's 4 girl winners and 4 guys winners now. As compared to Singapore where all the singing competitions were won by guys because of the crazy female fans who would throw in countless amount of votes for the male contestants. Males are more reserve here and tend not to vote as crazily as the girls.. lol. And each vote cost around $0.50 USD as well.. i think American Idol charges the votes as standard text rates right?
We used to have no guy winners!  They've been winning a lot lately now.
 :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2009, 07:12:53 PM »

I tend to like female singers more. Look at how they thought Blake Lewis was original and everything, who would even care and remember him now? I knew at once that his singing was not that good and that he wouldn't come off as a successful recording artist, and i don't think i'll be wrong. I'm still looking forward to Kris's first album.. i believe he will be a hit, yes even more successful than Adam.

Offline panda

• RFF's Lady Gaga
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ./lady gaga rox.
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2009, 07:24:11 PM »

I tend to like female singers more. Look at how they thought Blake Lewis was original and everything, who would even care and remember him now? I knew at once that his singing was not that good and that he wouldn't come off as a successful recording artist, and i don't think i'll be wrong. I'm still looking forward to Kris's first album.. i believe he will be a hit, yes even more successful than Adam.

I dun even know who Blake lewis until I saw it on some newspaper a year ago and didn't care who he was.  :jam:
And I'm also looking forward to Kris' first album. But I dunno if he'll be more successful than adam. Adam has this weird powers o-o. And almost all tv shows with contests are won by males. So boring.  :groan:
M

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2009, 08:51:15 PM »
And almost all tv shows with contests are won by males. So boring.

9 out of 9 of the prominent singing competitions here have been won by males. :res:

In other words, none of the females won before.. and they were better as compared to the males. Some of them even won the judges votes (doesn't count), but the male still win. It's pretty turn off and sad because Singapore has such a small population here and the votes only amount to maybe 1 or 2 million in total. :res:

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2009, 11:17:56 PM »
blake was # 2 in the season my chris rich was on the show , i got to meet the idols that yr and blake was a snob. he was trying to act all loner musician keeping away from the fans/ omg i have meet some awsome prefomers in my life , and they were humble and greatful for there fans. jmo they need to know who is ultimly going to buy there cd's and not alienate them..
the great one r the most awsome .
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2009, 10:56:28 PM »
I am happy for Kris but............. David Cook is still my favorite.  Love his cd.   I have never met Blake but have met several of his friends at the local Red Robin.  I do believe he is talented but can never match up to David.  :party:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2009, 02:41:12 AM »
Kris Allen on Live with Regis and Kelly

Part 1:

Part 2:

credit with thanks to ewdintv26

Offline panda

• RFF's Lady Gaga
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ./lady gaga rox.
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2009, 06:05:05 AM »
god he's so hot!
M

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2009, 10:17:17 AM »
5 Things You Didn’t Know About Idol Winner Kris Allen

After shocking almost everyone — including himself — by winning the season 8 of American Idol last week, Kris Allen told reporters, “I’m not a man of many words.” We noticed! PEOPLE caught up with Idol’s dark horse from Conway, Ark., Saturday, and finally got him talking. Here’s what we learned:

1. He Drives a Clunker: Before leaving Arkansas for Los Angeles, Allen, 23, drove a silver 2001 Pontiac Bonneville. “It’s the most comfortable car to drive,” he says, “but it has a lot of problems. The speedometer doesn’t work; the gas gauge doesn’t work; the windows won’t roll down; there’s something wrong with the gas pedal. But it drives!” Allen admits he couldn’t afford the $300 to fix the fuel gauge — and got stranded as a result. “I’ve ran out of gas a lot,” he says. “Probably four of five times.” Hopefully, those days are over. On the finale, viewers saw season 7 winner David Cook hand Allen and runner-up Adam Lambert the keys to a 2009 Ford Fusion Hybrid.

2. He Married His Best Friend: “She’s been my best friend for a long time,” Allen says of his wife, Katy, who he began dating his junior year of high school. “She’s the coolest chick in the world.”

3. He Said ‘I Do’ In Front of 400 Guests: Allen married his high school sweetheart, Katy O’Connell, on Sept. 26th 2008. “We have a lot of family and friends, and we didn’t want to leave anybody out,” Allen says of his wedding, which took place at sunset on the Arkansas River. “We set out 300 chairs and people were standing up!” At the reception, which was catered by Katy’s grandmother, Allen sang the same song that he auditioned with: “A Song For You.” “We just had a blast,” he says of the day.

4. He’s Got a Sweet Tooth — And Loves Lazy Days: Guilty pleasures? He has a few. “I love Twizzlers,” Allen says, adding, “I love any kind of candy. My favorite TV show ever is Boy Meets World, and my favorite movie is Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. For me, my guilty pleasure is that if I don’t want to do anything one day, I won’t. I’ll just sit around, not shower, hardly even eat, and just watch TV.”

5. He Really is Friends with Adam Lambert: “Right before we went to bed [at the Idol mansion,] we’d sit around and talk about the competition, talk about our pasts. We really got to know each other,” he says. “He’s very real. He says exactly how he feels.” Allen explains the two didn’t feel like they were competing against each other. “We both had a lot of confidence in ourselves, and we said, we can’t compare.”

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/05/27/5-things-you-didnt-know-about-idol-winner-kris-allen/

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2009, 10:56:34 AM »
ty will for posting the utube's and this last artical. i sat and watched a lot of other vid's from the utube link. i am soo happy kris won and got a car after reading about his car. it reminde me of one i use to have lol. i loved the way adam did mad world one of my fav preformances all yr. jmo. this whole season has been realy good now i wish the tour was coming here and i had tickets..darn.
tv junky needs help!!!!!