Author Topic: American Idol 8 Final 2 Discussion  (Read 34464 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
American Idol 8 Final 2 Discussion
« on: May 19, 2009, 07:35:48 PM »
And.. we're down to the final 2! Discuss.

Adam will win because he's been a season favourite all along. But this has also been shown last season that the season favourite may not necessarily win the audience votes because judges fave does not equate to audience love.

Kris will win because he's been a steadfast, worthy and consistent soulful performer since top 12 and garnering more and more votes throughout the entire season. But does this means that his votes will be able to overtake those of Adam Lambert's crazy fans?

We'll find out... :tup:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: American Idol 8 Final 2 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 07:43:48 PM »
After 2 songs, it's been an Adam night for me, but they have one more song to sing. We'll see!
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 08:06:32 PM »
It's too close to call for me. Whether it is is Adam or Kris, we have 4 hours to vote.

Either way, they are both winners.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 08:58:55 PM »
I can't wait to see the finale!!

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 10:09:36 PM »
Same here. :D
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 10:15:15 PM »
I'm having a hard time voting.  :( I get about 5 busy signals for every vote.. How about the rest of you? I'm voting for Adam.. (Sorry Kris people.)  :hugs:

I had to find another phone to use, I ran the battery down on my first one dialing for 2 hours.  :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 11:02:13 PM »
According to a facebook voting application.. which has correctly shown Danny, Allison, Matt as the lowest vote receiver on the respective rounds they were eliminated.. (and Lil, Scott, Megan, Alexis were also at the bottom except Anoop)

Here are the results FOR NOW -

Kris Allen
86,581 (62.49%) votes
7,142 (61.65%) users

Adam Lambert
51,978 (37.51%) votes
4,442 (38.35%) users

Seriously.. Kris's popularity is.. shocking.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 11:18:49 PM »
It is shocking that Kris would be higher than Adam! Dial Idol has crashed, but the last time I got it to connect, Kris was at 65.55 and Adam at 64.33

I am just now beginning to be able to get through for Adam consistently. Maybe the kids are in bed. (But I bet Tory and Pledge are voting as fast as they can for Kris!)   ;)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 11:28:39 PM »
It is shocking that Kris would be higher than Adam! Dial Idol has crashed, but the last time I got it to connect, Kris was at 65.55 and Adam at 64.33

I am just now beginning to be able to get through for Adam consistently. Maybe the kids are in bed. (But I bet Tory and Pledge are voting as fast as they can for Kris!)   ;)

Another website measuring AI votes crashed too. And i still can't believe that Kris still has a shot at winning.. who would have thought???? :hearts:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 11:33:35 PM »
I sure didn't think it would be this close. I'm just now with less than 1/2 an hour to go beginning to be able to get through without hitting a busy signal.

I wonder how it is for the Kris voters.. Hey! You could stop voting and tell us. }:>

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 11:42:26 PM »

Exactly what i thought as well.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 11:44:13 PM »
The most amazing thing of all is.. Kris didn't even have that much of a coverage as compared to the other finalist in the top 13 during auditions and here he is in the top 2..

How did he made it sooooo far? God's amazing plan huh? :funny:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2009, 11:55:28 PM »

OMG, too close. Blue represents Kris and Puple represents Adam. It's almost even!! :funny:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2009, 11:59:43 PM »
DialIdol.com shows Kris leading.. just by a TINY MARGIN.

Could they be wrong for the first time ever??

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 01:16:20 AM »
ROUND #1

Adam did Mad World and Kris did Ain't No Sunshine.
Adam sang the song extremely well, but Kris was the one who really gave me chills!

KRIS WINS! (Simon agreeees!)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 01:24:43 AM »
ROUND #2

Adam performs A Change Is Gonna Come and Kris performs What's Going On.

For me, Adam's song choice was weird. I don't know why.. i think i expected him to sing some melo tragedies song to boost up the mood and atmosphere of the place with his voice. But he sang it GREAT.

And Kris.. light-hearted, extremely well sang.. BUT, it definitely wasn't appropriate for a night like this.. and not his fault fully because Simon Fuller chose the song..

Second round IMO, was a tie because both songs were weird choices IMO. But if i have to choose.. ADAM wins!!

DONG DONG, third round up next!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2009, 01:38:34 AM »
ROUND #3

No Boundaries, what are your takes? People said it was sucky, but i actually thought i really liked it and it was really a very good and nice song to hear.

Adam's rendition was very dramatic and although he sang the song well, there was no feelings within.
Kris's rendition should have been ONE KEY lower, and he would have NAILED the song and won the night.

And it's true, the song sounded WAYYYYY better on Kris. I believe America can hear that and it's without a doubt that even though it was not a stunning finale performance by both artist.. but just based on the last song, i believe that since it sounded better on Kris.. it would propel Kris for a win.

With that, i'm making my prediction that Kris Allen would win just base on the last song. He went off pitch 4 times, but the song definitely sounded so much better than Adam's one. And i could see him make a hit out of the song.. like Inside Your Heaven, This Is My Now, I Believe and A Moment Like This!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2009, 07:23:28 AM »
I predicted it would be close.. but I never thought it would be this close. Every other year that I can remember, Dial Idol has predicted the winner using the green button. "Not predicted to be voted off."  This year they have Kris leading but still in danger of losing because of the margin of error.

About the third song. I didn't care for it much. I thought it didn't suit Adam's voice or style. It was better suited for Kris and for the most part, he sang it well.

It was a GREAT finale!

Offline pledge

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2009, 10:14:10 AM »

Ummmm   :-[   Yes I Was !!!        :waves:      Kris's lines were also very busy.  I would get lots of busy signals and then get through a bunch and then back to busy.  Yes, I want Kris to win    :hearts:      but if Adam wins I will OK because he is a fantastic singer/performer also.   

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2009, 10:57:55 AM »

Ummmm   :-[   Yes I Was !!!        :waves:      Kris's lines were also very busy.  I would get lots of busy signals and then get through a bunch and then back to busy.  Yes, I want Kris to win    :hearts:      but if Adam wins I will OK because he is a fantastic singer/performer also.   

It looks like Kris might just win it all.. Between you and Tory, I'm sure you outvoted me.  :lol: She's probably still asleep!  ;)

I'm OK with either one, they are both going to be successful, no matter who wins AI.  :tup:

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 12:57:06 PM »
OMG last night was soooo awsome! i watched it like 3x allready, joab u r awsome with the vid's and the graphs and all ty ty ty :kuss: tl i have to say i wanted to vote but i did not :groan: my hubby kept calling and then my aunt my poor aunt her dvr only recorded the frist 2 songs. i though they were the best of the night btw, and i told her so , but she is a talker by the time i got off the phone and got to see the show it was like 12 i would have voted for kris for sure but i do love adam i love his theater bk ground in all this and have enjoyed them both soo much i guess not voteing was not makeing a choice. lol i am shocked about the vid on the o'riley factor, wow the things that r going on no wonder kris said he did not want to make this a christain thing he wanted to b judged on singing, i was wonder y he said that..ty jobe now i no those kids become sooo close while they r on the show and the bus, it is sad when they have to defend one another like that, jmo

i can't wait to see tonight i have chris rich singing that santa song smmooottthh love love it.. ty tl for all u r info allso sry i read trew the thread to fast u had some good suff on this one and the finl 3 thread one too. so ty ty ty :kuss: tl..
i realy hope kris win's i think he did do that last song better kind of like in a one republick kind of way and yea y did't they lower the key for him??? i don't get that at all cause adam deff sounded better on that song, but i like kris style one it soo???
i loved both of ther frist songs i actuly liked adam's better it was like he was floating across the stage at one point it was realy cool..
over all i have love the contestants this season but not there song choices so much it has been a season of weird song choices and the mentor what y r movie directors and actors mentoring ??? they were great with them but y?? so how many votes do u think u got in tl and pledge?? and jobe were u voteing?? for ??
I CAN'T BELIVE IT IS ALLMOST OVER  :'( :'(
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2009, 02:50:14 PM »
Four Reasons Kris Allen Could Win American Idol

Will Simon Cowell and the odds-makers be proved right — will the next Idol be Adam Lambert, the dazzling glam-rock prince? Or does Kris Allen, the guy with the acoustic guitar, square jaw and plaid shirts, have a chance of upsetting the race? Can Smallville beat Vegas?

Tuesday night’s performance finale seemed to clinch Adam’s victory, but Kris could win, for at least four reasons.

1. The Johnny Depp Analogy: Look, Johnny Depp is a huge, glamorous, risk-taking star, but off camera doesn’t he look like someone you could scare with a sock puppet? Something like this comes into play with Kris. Simon has faulted him for not having star swagger, something Adam exudes with every flash of his smile and swivel of his hips. But what may seem like modesty on a live stage can project to the viewing audience as a different kind of charisma — cool, even. Just because Adam rules the stage doesn’t mean he rules the camera.

2. The Kara Principle: It drives me crazy when Kara talks about artistic growth and development, as if she were a tenured lecturer at the pop academy — but why deny that Kris has improved, quite a lot, and that this is key to the competition? His folk-pop approach is not only melodic but surprisingly versatile, as when he won over the judges with his acoustic version of Kayne West’s “Heartless.” Adam is absolutely the better performer, but the whole competition seems too consistently easy for him. It’s like Apollo coming down to Athens and competing in a few Olympic events without breaking a sweat. It’s not that Adam is smug or proud — he’s entirely likable — but there doesn’t seem to be any need for him to have bothered even auditioning. He’s right where he started: perfect. Kris has discovered himself. That’s important.

3. Progressive Lambert Fatigue: The blasting falsetto, the strutting, the fussy layers of costume — it’s exhausting! If I had to listen to an entire album of Adam on my iPod, my head would explode in an unpleasant David Cronenberg manner. Even when he tones things down (as on his outstanding, stock-still performance of “Mad World”), you feel the air being sucked out of the room. Adam is terrific, but he’s like one of Seinfeld’s close talkers — he’s a close singer.

4. The Danny Gokey Transference Theory: Ryan last week said that little more than a million votes separated Adam and Kris, raising speculation that this might not be the sort of lopsided finale as last year’s, when David Cook crushed David “Oliver Twist” Archuleta. The hunch is that Danny voters could swing to Kris — a migration of sentiment from underdog to underdog.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/05/20/four-reasons-kris-allen-could-win-american-idol/

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2009, 03:18:38 PM »
I'm not sure how many votes I actually made, it was about 10 busy to every 1 that got through. Plus I had things to do so missed at least an hour of voting. I did vote once for Kris. LOL  (If I'm evil and he wins, I guess I could say I voted for the winner.) }:>  :lol:  It was really bad until after 11 Central time where I could vote and get an answer. (About 3 going through then a series of busy calls.) It didn't really get better till about 11:30 and by that time I was going downhill fast. I should have paid more attention to your method Tory.  :lol:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2009, 04:36:22 PM »
I am praying Kris wins!

I am also one of those who doesn't like to see Adam descend from his pedestal into a competition he is clearly too good for. If Kris wins it would truly be a competition that's all about finding hiddent talent...and with Adam performing in theater beforehand, and being consistently strong the entire way, it just doesn't seem to be as much of that "finding hidden talent" idea as it would be with a Kris win.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2009, 05:57:59 PM »
Adam was interesting and mysterious in his first song!  But I still want Kris to win!