Archive > Survivor Tocantins: The Brazilian Highlands

Survivor: Africa's Winner Ethan Zohn Has Cancer

<< < (2/7) > >>

Jobby:
He is in my prayers.

RealityFreakWill:
Survivor's Ethan Zohn Cuts His Mop-Top

click on link below to view video

The mop-topped, soccer-playing winner of Survivor: Africa has lopped off his mop. Well, most of it anyway.

Ethan Zohn, 35, who last week revealed to PEOPLE that he's battling a rare form of Hodgkin's disease, decided to cut off his trademark curly locks in anticipation of losing his hair from intense chemotherapy treatments he began on May 15. He even took a video-camera along to document his day at the salon for PEOPLE.com.

"Jenna loves it!" Zohn says, referring to his girlfriend, Survivor: The Amazon winner Jenna Morasca, 28, who accompanied Zohn to Manhattan's Dop Dop Salon on May 20. "She thinks I should have done it 10 years ago. I look like a bad-ass now and not a preppy."

Cutting his familiar hair was not an easy decision. "I'm the curly haired soccer player from Survivor. It's my identity," says Zohn. But the trip to the salon meant more than that. "I was nervous sitting in the chair, not because I was cutting my hair off. Hair grows back – but it's what it represented. 'I'm cutting my hair because I have cancer and I'm going through chemo.' "

But after the 'do was done, he liked the look so much, he says, "I don't know if I'll ever grow it back!"

Zohn expects that all of his hair – including his scruffy beard – will fall out within days of his second chemo treatment on May 29.

Cutting his hair wound up being "one of the most liberating moments of my life," says Zohn, who is vowing to stay positive and to use his battle with cancer to help educate and inspire others. "I realized I've been shackled by my hair. I suddenly felt free and alive. It looks great, and overall I'm pretty psyched about it."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20281244,00.html?xid=rss-yahooheadlines

panda:
i wish he heals. he's one of the best winners of the survivor seasons for me.

puddin:

Ethan Zohn Details Pill Regimen for Cancer Fight

By Mark Dagostino

Originally posted Thursday June 18, 2009 09:00 AM EDT
As he continues three months of intense chemotherapy to fight a rare form of Hodgkin's Lymphoma, Survivor: Africa winner Ethan Zohn is opening up about the medication he needs to keep going.

In an exclusive video blog for People.com, Zohn – accompanied by his girlfriend Survivor: The Amazon winner Jenna Morasca – shows off the array of prescription pills required to counter the effects of his cancer treatment.

"The chemotherapy knocks me down, so I've gotta take all this stuff to boost me back up," Zohn says, as he talks about his new daily rituals.

In April, after suffering months of undiagnosed itching and night-sweats, Zohn, 35, was diagnosed with Hodgkin's disease. In May, doctors discovered he was suffering from a rare form of the cancer called CD20-positive Hodgkin's Lymphoma. The shaggy-haired soccer player and founder of AIDS charity Grassroot Soccer then chopped off his curly locks in anticipation of losing his hair to chemo.

Vowing to stay upbeat and inspire others, Zohn is now taping weekly video blogs for PEOPLE

Video at link  :hearts:
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20285771,00.html?xid=email-peopledaily-20090618-20285771

Snooky:
I wish him and his family the best!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version