Archive > The Amazing Race 14

Cara & Jamie TAR 14 -- Second place

<< < (9/10) > >>

michael:

--- Quote from: Kiwi Jay on May 14, 2009, 11:21:27 PM ---Dustin and Kandice finished 4th in their first race these girls finished 2nd !  :tup:

--- End quote ---

That doesn't matter....
they got first twice and second like four times.

plus in all stars they came in 2nd.

puddin:

--- Quote from: Michael on May 14, 2009, 11:24:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: Kiwi Jay on May 14, 2009, 11:21:27 PM ---Dustin and Kandice finished 4th in their first race these girls finished 2nd !  :tup:

--- End quote ---

That doesn't matter....
they got first twice and second like four times.

plus in all stars they came in 2nd.

--- End quote ---
exactly, why does Jamie, who is a fan of the show, not know this?

DrRox:
Personally, I think it is unfair to compare D/K's second bite at the apple to J/C's or any other team's first bite at the apple. I think that teams learn a lot in doing the race, so I just think it is just an unfair comparison. Who's to say that if J/C came back for a 2nd All Star that they wouldnt win it all. Then they would have a better overall record than D/K. Again, that is just an unfair speculation to me. Obviously, we can all decide our own criteria for comparing teams from different races, but to me, there just isn't a way to realisticaly compare them. Each race has its own uniqueness and dynamics. It's like comparing apples and oranges to me.

georgiapeach:
I think they are looking at the original seasons and not at All Stars.

apskip:

--- Quote from: Pedaler on May 14, 2009, 10:15:45 PM ---
--- Quote ---Did you think you had a chance of catching up with Tammy and Victor when you finished the surfboard challenge?

Jaime: No. Once we got the clue that said, “Go to the finish line,” there was no hope in my mind, barring a flat tire or some sort of major penalty. We were proud to be the highest ranking female team.

--- End quote ---

This is the kind of stuff that drives me crazy year after year.

Victor and Tammy said in an interview

--- Quote ---TVGuide.com: Were you certain you had it in the bag when you got into the cab?
Tammy: When we first got in, we were so shocked that we go from resigned to losing to going to thinking we might have a chance we might win. Victor did bring us back to reality by saying they're strong teams and anything could happen.
Victor: There was a hidden task that wasn't aired. We had to find this statue and it took us a little bit to find that, and it was a little bit of a drive to the golf course. We were cautiously optimistic.
--- End quote ---

So what was it, go directly to the pitstop after the surfboards or perfrom another task before the pitstop?   :duno: :meow: :groan: :umn:

--- End quote ---

Pedaler,
I see no contradiction in that. Tammy/Victor did the statue task and then went straight to the golf course. Jaime/Cara would have received a "mercy finish clue" (so would Margie/Luke) if they finished the ROADBLOCK after Tammy/Victor arrived.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version