Author Topic: Margie & Luke Adams - 3rd Place *Come in and say Hello to Luke!*  (Read 77500 times)

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
Re: Margie & Luke Adams - 3rd Place *Come in and say Hello to Luke!*
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2009, 07:52:50 PM »
That's so cool! We could have had a racer on here before we even knew he would be a racer! :lol:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2009, 08:29:53 PM »
The Reality TV World interview seems to suggest that Margie & Luke would have been able to use the U-Turn in China.

What is the definitive answer regarding this?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2009, 08:32:20 PM »
:bigwelcome Luke!!!

I loved getting to meet you and Margie and Janet at TARcon and what a great pleasure to have you FINALLY here!! No more lurking now!!

Heee....Did I ever say sorry about the "deaf girl" thing?  That was a spoiler that lost a little in translation, :lol:

You guys entertained us, amazed us, and touched our hearts all season and you should be very very proud of what you all accomplished!

Have fun here, join in anywhere, tell us like it is!!

:hugs:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2009, 10:25:20 PM »
Hey Luke. In-race, I liked you, then hated you towards the end.

But ya, hi. I can't possibly hold grudges for THAT long. :lol: Glad to see you posting. :D :D

Hey, how about getting the others to post here too?! And then maybe have you guys play an online Amazing Race? :lol:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 10:35:10 PM by Raymond »
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2009, 02:22:56 AM »
Luke! :waves:

A little awkward for us knowing you've been reading all this while, you know? :lol: What with us trying to figure out whether your shoes are male/female in the Phuket picture and all! Kind of like us pissing off Dan and Andrew by going all stalker on their college photos...

Hoping life is good for you! Now you can help us spoil the next race! :yess: :lol:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2009, 03:46:51 PM »
If you and your mom know any racers from older seasons, you should try to get them to show up here, too! :jumpy:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2009, 04:30:05 PM »
I have to admit it that this site is my favorite place to visit on web. I have been lurking around on this site for past two years. Now here I am!

It's about time!   :jumpy:

Great to have you hear!   :snicker:  I don't make a lot of puns.   :lol:

You and your mom rock!!!
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2009, 12:26:34 PM »
The Reality TV World interview seems to suggest that Margie & Luke would have been able to use the U-Turn in China.

What is the definitive answer regarding this?

I'm glad that you asked that question! Actually, the twist was that my Mom and I were able to use the U-Turn in China. We would have been the first team to use the U-Turn twice ever in Amazing Race history if we got to the U-Turn mat before Tammy and Victor gets there. The catch is that none of teams knew that we were able to use the U-Turn again so we kept it as a secret. We didn't want other teams to feel threatens if they knew that we were able to do U-Turn again. It might be little bit confusing to some people about being able to the U-Turn is that we still have our "courtsey of" team sticker so it allowed us to be able to use the U-Turn in China - it's one of loopholes, I guess.

Luke! :waves:

A little awkward for us knowing you've been reading all this while, you know? :lol: What with us trying to figure out whether your shoes are male/female in the Phuket picture and all! Kind of like us pissing off Dan and Andrew by going all stalker on their college photos...

Hoping life is good for you! Now you can help us spoil the next race! :yess: :lol:

I find it pretty funny when I saw that you guys are trying to figure it out if I'm a man or a woman after I got home from the race. I remember that man who took a picture of us - he gave us a right direction to right park, he was a big fan of the Amazing Race. My Mom and I ran 5 miles on that day - that is one of reasons why my Mom fainted on the mat. We didn't have any water bottle with us! On the note, Mom and I switched around several times while pulling rickshaw!!! Editing made it looks like my Mom did all of work, haha. That challenge was just so incredibly hard and we thought we were totally done since we ran wrong way for 3 miles! That's why I was so escastic when Phil said that we were the #4 team to arrive.

I hope some of you guys don't feel awkward that I read the posts during the season so I know who doesn't like me or who loves me.   :lol:    I find it pretty amusing, haha.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2009, 12:40:02 PM »
I hope some of you guys don't feel awkward that I read the posts during the season so I know who doesn't like me or who loves me.   :lol:    I find it pretty amusing, haha.
And what did you think about the caricatures made about the situation on the mat in China?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2009, 01:36:34 PM »
So you're Luke, Deaf Racer!  I just wanted to say Hi, and congratulations on your third-place finish.

Belle Book

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2009, 02:23:49 PM »
I have to admit it that this site is my favorite place to visit on web. I have been lurking around on this site for past two years. Now here I am!
What took you so long to delurk? Well, asides from being in TAR14... :lol:

Seriously, what took you so long!  :lol:  No matter, you are in unlurk mode now!

Welcome and congratulations to you and the Bionic Woman, aka Mom!
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2009, 03:11:37 PM »
Thanks for all the inside info Luke! We love to know what went on behind the scenes! We are also discussing what the task was after the surfboards, find a statue according to Victor in one of his interviews. Editing made it seem like you all went straight to the finish line but there are a lot of voiceovers as well as a clue that does not look like a regular clue handed to you all after the surfboards were completed. Then there is the matter of whether or not you had to settle your taxi fare before you ran to the final mat or was it stated in the clue that you could settle the fare after the fact?

oops nevermind on the statue! Thanks Luke!
I just want to confirm it that we did have to look for the statue after the surfboard challenge. It wasn't too far away from the roadblock. Maybe 10 minutes away from surfboard fence shop then other 20-25 minutes to the golf course. I can't remember the name of statue, tho.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 03:20:13 PM by puddin »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2009, 05:13:10 PM »
From now on, we'll call that "The Final Task That Never Aired". Kind of like that big Japanese Drum that puddin never found. :lol:

*running*
Just here to visit.

Offline pledge

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2009, 07:01:11 PM »
 :welcome:   

Congratulations !!!   I was rooting for you and your Mom the entire
race.         :jumpy:

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2009, 07:03:12 PM »
Welcome,  Luke.  I have a couple or so questions for you.

Do you recall where in Bejing the confessionals in the following link were filmed?
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,18689.msg392923.html#msg392923

The program showed the final 3 teams in the Beijing airport on the way to Hawaii.  However, one of the spoiler threads here suggest that Tammy and Victor were on an earlier flight to Tokyo.  Were they?  If so, did that concern you and your Mom, or did you know that all of you were on the same connecting flight from Tokyo to Hawaii?

TYIA
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 10:56:08 PM by puddin »

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2009, 07:35:22 PM »
I hope some of you guys don't feel awkward that I read the posts during the season so I know who doesn't like me or who loves me.   :lol:    I find it pretty amusing, haha.
And what did you think about the caricatures made about the situation on the mat in China?

Haha, I think I'll leave that thing alone for now. There were more several things happened on that day that haven't made it on the show, maybe one day I'll sit down and explains what has else happened on that day that lead to the most memorable mat meltdown. At least, I got to be the first deaf person to swear in sign language on the national t.v. so  I guess I can't complain about it  :lol:  Also, it made a good episode that got everyone debate about that situtation.

Welcome,  Luke.  I have a couple or so questions for you.

Do you recall where in Bejing the confessionals in the following link were filmed?
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,18689.msg392923.html#msg392923

The program showed the final 3 teams in the Beijing airport on the way to Hawaii.  However, one of the spoiler threads here suggest that Tammy and Victor were on an earlier flight to Tokyo.  Were they?  If so, did that concern you and your Mom, or did you know that all of you were on the same connecting flight from Tokyo to Hawaii?

TYIA

We, three teams, got on same flight to Tokyo from Beijing. The ticket counters at Beijing airport were pretty much closed till like 4am in the morning so Cara+Jaime and my mom + I caught up with Tammy and Victor at Beijing airport. There was no way that Tammy and Victor could have caught an earlier flight to Tokyo. I wish they showed a scene at Honolulu airport before we head out to Maui - there was a big footrace through the airport to ticket counter between Tammy + Victor and my mom + me to grab snag flight seats. We were afraid that there might be not a lot of seats left on next flight to Maui. It was crazy.

From now on, we'll call that "The Final Task That Never Aired". Kind of like that big Japanese Drum that puddin never found. :lol:

*running*

You guys will be surprised that there were several tasks + places we went to and a lot of funny moments that never made it on the show! I got a favorite part that never made it on the show was I had a bike accident where my little gnome broke into several pieces and I had to pee outside somewhere in Beijing during racing because I couldn't hold it much longer as well!

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2009, 10:10:36 PM »
So Luke, who of the teams do you stay in touch with the most? :lol:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2009, 07:14:22 AM »
I got a favorite part that never made it on the show was I had a bike accident where my little gnome broke into several pieces and I had to pee outside somewhere in Beijing during racing because I couldn't hold it much longer as well!
So, is there a penalty for breaking the gnome? :lol:
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2009, 07:25:56 AM »
I got a favorite part that never made it on the show was I had a bike accident where my little gnome broke into several pieces and I had to pee outside somewhere in Beijing during racing because I couldn't hold it much longer as well!
Just glue it back together!
 :lol:

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2009, 08:07:12 AM »

Okay. Admit it Luke. Did any other racers have pee problems in China? I mean, Jaime looked really pissed. (pun intended :lol:)
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2009, 03:05:16 PM »

I guess not! Producers treid to put bandages on broken gnome while my mom and I were putting makeup on each other at the opera house. Bandages couldn't keep gnome together so they got us a new gnome before we head out of opera house. They said it's the first time that a gnome broke into several piece on the race  :groan:

Okay. Admit it Luke. Did any other racers have pee problems in China? I mean, Jaime looked really pissed. (pun intended :lol:)

Haha, I had no idea about others. When I had to pee outside, my cameraman was right into my face and filmed me while I was peeing! I was like, get out of my way! I know one racer had to pee outside during a leg in Germany but I am not going to say who  otherwise that person will kill me if i say that person's name!

So Luke, who of the teams do you stay in touch with the most? :lol:

My redhead girlfriends  ;D I'm going to see them this summer so I'm excited!

Neobie, I loved the icon you made with a bird attacking me. I would love to have that icon!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2009, 03:16:44 PM »
They said it's the first time that a gnome broke into several piece on the race  :groan:

Add that to the list of firsts in the race that happened this season :lol:
The story so far:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2009, 03:26:36 PM »
Broken gnome! Broken gnome! :gnome :gnome :gnome :gnome

I love the gnome.  :lol: :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2009, 03:44:02 PM »
First time in TAR of gnome abuse.

:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:
Matthew 7:15

Offline CrazyForKahlen

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2009, 04:15:51 PM »
Neobie, I loved the icon you made with a bird attacking me. I would love to have that icon!

Why not this one? :(