Author Topic: American Idol Final 3 Pre-Performance Discussion  (Read 20123 times)

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: American Idol Final 3 Pre-Performance Discussion
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2009, 09:37:15 PM »
If America likes the hype (overrated or not), Adam wins.

If America despises the hype (overrated or not), Kris wins.

But that's just my take. Who knows if even my statements are correct? :lol:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2009, 07:51:31 AM »
I'm seeing a lot of speculation that, with Danny gone, Kris will get his votes so if you favor Adam, vote like mad; if you like Kris then vote like mad for him. It could be really close. (Unless one does a horrible job then all bets are off.)  :lol:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2009, 08:02:07 AM »
Some big names will perform for the American Idol Finale. There are also rumors that Britney Spears will appear, but not confirmed.

Queen Latifah, Santana Set For 'Idol 09' Finale

Newsroom | Posted on 05/16/09 | Filed Under: Tours Gigs & Events, Queen Latifah

Queen Latifah, Carlos Santana and Cyndi Lauper have all be confirmed for Wednesday's anticipated finale of 'American Idol'.

Reportedly joining the Black Eyed Peas, Keith Urban, and Lionel Richie, the trio follows recently announced performances from David Cook and Carrie Underwood on Tuesday's episode.

Either Adam Lambert or Kris Allen will take home the title of "American Idol" Wednesday.

In related news, Jamie Foxx predicts Adam Lambert for the win:

"I told all of them—especially Adam because I think Adam has this thing. He has to be ready for that ride because if he gets the right record, he is going to go stratosphere."

"Adam is gonna win, I believe," Foxx told E!

Source: http://www.singersroom.com/news/3841/Queen-Latifah-Santana-Set-For-Idol-09-Finale

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2009, 08:04:29 AM »
One more.  :lol:

`Idol' finalists: Focus on the singing

May 18, 10:33 PM (ET)

By DERRIK J. LANG

LOS ANGELES (AP) - "American Idol" finalists Kris Allen and Adam Lambert don't want to get personal.

The singers told a throng of media gathered Monday outside the Nokia Theatre, where the duo will duke it out during the show's two-night finale on Tuesday and Wednesday, that they hope viewers will base their votes for the next "Idol" on performance alone.

"For me, I hope that having the Christian vote doesn't help with anything," said Allen, a 23-year-old college student who has worked as a worship leader at the New Life Church in his hometown of Conway, Ark. "I hope it has to do with your talent and the performance that you give and the package that you have. It's not about religion and all that kind of stuff."

Lambert, a 27-year-old theater actor from San Diego who once worked in the Los Angeles cast of "Wicked," heartily agreed. He said he does not think the contest "has anything to do with your religious background, what color you are, your gender. It doesn't have anything to do with that. It's about music. That's really important to keep in mind."

The pair are scheduled to be joined on Wednesday's finale by Lionel Richie, Carlos Santana, Cyndi Lauper, Queen Latifah, Black Eyed Peas, Keith Urban, Jason Mraz and previous "Idol" winner David Cook. Allen teased that they may duet with some of those artists on Wednesday - but neither finalist would reveal any details about their finale performances.

"They're good songs," said Lambert. "I think everyone will like them."

To prepare for the two-night finale, Allen said he's been saving his voice by texting instead of talking while Lambert plans to order a "really big room service breakfast" on Tuesday morning. Both singers said they have become friends and felt like they have already won the popular Fox singing competition, pledging to support each other's music in the future.

"I know I'm going to be first in line to buy his album," gushed Lambert.

"Same here," added Allen. "Maybe you'll give it to me."

"You don't have to buy it," teased Lambert. "I'll send you a copy."

Source: http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090519/D9891KQ80.html

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2009, 09:47:25 AM »
"For me, I hope that having the Christian vote doesn't help with anything," said Allen, a 23-year-old college student who has worked as a worship leader at the New Life Church in his hometown of Conway, Ark.

I DIDN'T KNOW!! :hearts:

Anyone heard before the songs from New Life Worship?? All the songs are AMAZING!! (I believe it's the same church??)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 09:54:41 AM by Joab »

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2009, 12:23:14 PM »
i go to new life in va beach.. there r a lot of new life churches . with that said did kris new life put out a cd? we have had one realy awsome member of our new life produce like 8 cd's awsome ones his name is jason upton and odly enough he live in wi now, that is where danny if from.. danny was leading worship in 2 churches on sunday befor idol. they have been my fav's all along, i am realy glade for kris!!!!
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2009, 12:32:01 PM »
ps i just googled  new lif and the one that has the worship cd's was out of co, i think kris is from ks. my church is on the list in google tompkins lane is the one i go to, there r severl new life's in my area any way... also ty to tl for all the idol update info..i forgot to ty u ...
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline pledge

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2009, 03:15:11 PM »
The pair are scheduled to be joined on Wednesday's finale by Lionel Richie, Carlos Santana, Cyndi Lauper, Queen Latifah, Black Eyed Peas, Keith Urban, Jason Mraz and previous "Idol" winner David Cook. Allen teased that they may duet with some of those artists on Wednesday - but neither finalist would reveal any details about their finale performances.

Keith Urban   :hearts:     I would love to hear Kris sing with him or sing one of his songs.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2009, 06:54:06 PM »
It's going to be a super finale!!! Here's a spoiler for you via MJ's Blog

American Idol Final Rumor and News Roundup: No Britney, Coronation Song, “No Boundaries”, Revealed

Published by mj May 19th, 2009
Spoilers:

* Adam Lambert - “A Change is Gonna Come” (Like Patti LaBelle),  “Mad World” and “No Boundaries
    * Kris Allen - “What’s Goin’ On” by Marvin Gaye , “Ain’t No Sunshine” , “No Boundaries” via joesplace

5th Update: Paula Abdul tweets that she’s on her way to full dress rehearsal at the Nokia…so maybe we’ll be getting spoilers after all…

4th Update:  Kris Allen will perform “Ain’t No Sunshine” tonight as his personal pick. That’s according to our Kris spoiler, littlestd. Plus, according to joesplace, dress rehearsal has already started.  They only let in about 100 people…

3rd Update:  According to  Reuters, the Kara DioGuardi penned winner’s song, “No Boundaries” will get it’s first airing on AOL’s Popeater, moments after the winner is announced… The song was co-written with Cathy Dennis and Mitch Allen

2nd Update:  According to ET Online, Steve Martin will be breaking out his banjo to perform a tune from his album of banjo music.   No, I’m not kidding.

UPDATE:  The FOX 5 song spoilers I posted may be wrong.  I’m hearing that as of Sunday night, “Falling Slowly” and “Heartless” were not songs Kris Allen was rehearsing. My source is good.

Adam Lambert and Kris Allen are set to take the Nokia Theater stage tonight to sing 3 songs–Simon Fuller’s choice, Favorite song of the Season and the Coronationv Song. Plus, Carrie Underwood will take the stage to perform the Idol Boot song, “Home Sweet Home”.  Kris chose to perform second tonight, after he won a coin toss after last week’s results show. Adam will perform first.

Wednesday night is the big finale, with a host of celebrities set to perform.  The Top 13 will be reunited to perform once more, individually and in groups.  At night’s end, the Season 8 American Idol will be crowned.

In the meantime, I got all the news and rumors in one place, just for you!

This Just In:

* The coronation song is called “No Boundaries” and was co-written by judge Kara DioGuardi. via FOX news
    * The rumors are false.  Britney Spears WILL NOT be appearing on the finale. via twitter
    * Adam Lambert is set to sing “Mad World” as his personal choice tonight.  Reports are that he’ll be performing it with “a twist”
    * Kris Allen will be performing either “Heartless” or “Falling Slowly” as his personal choice–”Falling Slowly” is likely. via FOX5
    * Santana’s “Smooth” and Pink’s “So What” will be performed by the kids on the finale. via twitter
    * Fox TV reporter says Adam Lambert will perform with a “sweet” rock group on the finale. via twitter

What we Know:

* Finale performers confirmed: Cyndi Lauper, Queen Latifah, Black Eyed Peas, Lionel Richie, Carlos Santana, David Cook, and Keith Urban
    * Finale Duets: Kris Allen will duet with Keith Urban.  Allison Iraheta will duet with Cyndi Lauper. Danny Gokey will duet with Lionel Richie. Santana will perform with the Top 13
    * Jason Mraz will appear on the finale. via his website
    * David Cook will perform “Permanent” in honor of his late brother Adam, with proceeds of the iTunes performance going to charity. via Our Lady Peace myspace.

Source: http://mjsbigblog.com/

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2009, 07:36:48 PM »
i go to new life in va beach.. there r a lot of new life churches . with that said did kris new life put out a cd? we have had one realy awsome member of our new life produce like 8 cd's awsome ones his name is jason upton and odly enough he live in wi now, that is where danny if from.. danny was leading worship in 2 churches on sunday befor idol. they have been my fav's all along, i am realy glade for kris!!!!

Jason Upton is AMAZING. OMG!

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2009, 12:25:59 PM »

Jason Upton is AMAZING. OMG!
realy u no who jason upton is??? joab u never sease to suprise me!!!!
he wrote i will wait for u bk stage one sunday before worship and it is my fav.
his frist 2 cd's were produced here and i got to here them befor they were lade down. we sang on severl songs lion of juda , and of corse freedom.
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2009, 12:32:44 PM »
Tory! You amaze me too! You actually got to sing with Jason Upton?? Tell us more!  :-*