Author Topic: American Idol Final 4 Pre-Performance Discussion  (Read 12720 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
American Idol Final 4 Pre-Performance Discussion
« on: May 04, 2009, 05:59:27 AM »
It's a pre-performance discussion because i just found out the new VFTW pick is Danny Gokey! Shocker. They probably figured that they have to start picking someone who could actually last.. Tatiana, Norman, Scott, Lil and Matt or went after one round, only Megan stayed on for 3 weeks. So i figured they think Danny and Adam would be the final 2, and they could at least have him as their pick for another 3 weeks and stop changing picks. Something like how they chose David Archuleta as their pick last season.

But i'm just so glad it isn't Allison. Phew! :tup:

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: American Idol Final 4 Pre-Performance Discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 08:08:42 AM »
At this point, I think it'd be better for Allison to get the VFTW votes. I mean, she already has a solid fanbase. Why not get the haters to vote for her as well? :lol:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 10:35:22 AM »
At this point, I think it'd be better for Allison to get the VFTW votes. I mean, she already has a solid fanbase. Why not get the haters to vote for her as well? :lol:

I don't think so. VFTW isn't influential anymore. They're getting more and more annoying and whoever they picked for, America would hope that the person doesn't make it through to make them fail. I am actually happier VFTW pick is Gokey.. it gives me hope that Allison could be in the F2.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 11:21:15 AM »
Lol! That's quite an interesting pick by VFTW. Danny?? But hopefully, as Joab says, this spells that he may not make the finale. Adam and Allison for the final two!!!!!!
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 04:37:59 PM »
i think it is an oxiemoron if vftw is voteing for the best :jam: :jam: :piano:
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 11:01:22 PM »

I don't think so. VFTW isn't influential anymore. They're getting more and more annoying and whoever they picked for, America would hope that the person doesn't make it through to make them fail. I am actually happier VFTW pick is Gokey.. it gives me hope that Allison could be in the F2.

I'm not really happy that the pick is Danny, since I don't really think what VFTW votes for will affect who America votes for if who they're voting for is actually good. Having said that, I want Danny out of that Final 4 ASAP. Kris/Allison/Adam F3 for me. ;)
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 01:05:38 AM »

I'm not really happy that the pick is Danny, since I don't really think what VFTW votes for will affect who America votes for if who they're voting for is actually good. Having said that, I want Danny out of that Final 4 ASAP. Kris/Allison/Adam F3 for me. ;)

Count me in! :funny:

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 11:20:06 AM »
DANNY FOR THE WINNNNNNN!!!!!! :hearts: :hearts: :winner
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 12:48:17 PM »

And me! But I don't mind if Danny makes the final three but misses the final two. Cos ultimately, the final two is the most important.

Count me in! :funny:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 03:36:37 PM »
I was shocked last week with Adam in the bottom 3. At this point I don't know who will make it the final 2 now, I thought it would be Danny and Adam.  Maybe I'll have a better feel after tonight's show.

I wonder what Allison will choose to sing tonight. This should be her night to shine.

About VFTW, I'm glad they are retreating to nothingness, they are the worst. I hate for anyone to be their VFTW target.  :knuckles:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 07:29:18 PM »
I thought it would be Danny and Adam.
I have thought that since the beginning of the finals, and I am still predicting that to happen!
 :lol:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 08:45:38 PM »
Here's a little spoiler for those of you who haven't seen the show tonight and additional information for those who have seen the show. It was worse than we knew.

May 5 2009 8:56 PM EDT
'American Idol' Rehearsal Canceled After Injury, Raining Glass
Stage manager was rushed to the hospital following a mishap on the staircase.

By Gil Kaufman

As if performance night for the "American Idol" top four weren't dramatic enough, just hours before Adam Lambert, Kris Allen, Danny Gokey and Allison Iraheta took the stage in Los Angeles, TMZ reported that stage manager Debbie Williams was injured in a mishap on the show's giant staircase during dress rehearsal.

The staircase, which is supposed to retract as host Ryan Seacrest walks down it, reportedly folded too soon on Tuesday afternoon (May 5), and Williams, who was following Seacrest, tried to hold on but instead tumbled down the stairs. She suffered what was described as a "nasty gash" on her leg and was taken to a local hospital.

"We have had an unconventional day," Seacrest said at the top of Tuesday night's show. "Had a couple of things happen here on this set. Unfortunately we had an accident earlier here on our stage, but it didn't end there."

In addition to the mishap that befell Williams, Seacrest pointed to the two giant globe-like "Idol" logos that flank the stage, one of which was hanging nearly upside down. He said it "collapsed" just a few moments before that afternoon's dress rehearsal, sending shards of glass all over the stage, with TMZ reporting that the studio was cleared as a mild panic ensued. "So the contestants have not had a proper run-through for the show," he said. "But as they say in Hollywood, the show must go on."

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1610707/20090505/story.jhtml

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009, 09:43:06 PM »
Wow!  Allison and Danny did well tonight!

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2009, 05:58:11 AM »
Kris is doomed. And I hate it. :P It's like nothing's going my way. Just wait for Teyona to go, Annie to lose & Coach & Debbie be the Final 2.

On the other hand, the Adam & Allison did great tonight and if any of 'em are in the Bottom 2, then I'll be shocked. :P
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2009, 07:10:42 AM »
Kris is doomed. And I hate it. :P It's like nothing's going my way. Just wait for Teyona to go, Annie to lose & Coach & Debbie be the Final 2.

On the other hand, the Adam & Allison did great tonight and if any of 'em are in the Bottom 2, then I'll be shocked. :P

This has been one of the strongest seasons yet and they all did well last night. I feel for ya Raymond, no one I like ever wins. (Coach! BLAH! Annie will win..)  :tup:

It well could be that Allison's duet with Adam pulls her through because they were great together. I like that every week she improves as a performer. I don't get all the criticism they pile on her. (Loved that she is finally doing more with her hair, it looks so much better!)

Sadly, I think Kris might be going home tonight, DialIdol has him third and Allison fourth but they have all but Adam vulnerable. (And their accuracy hasn't been as good this year.)

Offline bag

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2009, 07:28:14 AM »
Teyona is going to win, there is no way she can lose (and I don't even like her). You know this. :lol: Annie is going to win. Coach & Debbie are going to lose eventually.

That said, after getting into the whole "I'm actually watching American Idol because there's only four people left now" phase, Kris IS doomed. :P And I agree, Allison is just so lovely to watch. <3 I think Adam is a tad overrated, but is still really good. I feel meh about Danny.
The Incredible Race 2: Currently in Kathmandu, Nepal - Episode 4 is up!

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2009, 11:08:58 AM »
Can't say this was a great night for everyone but well, Rock and Roll will always be tricky for several contestants. They all gave their best, that's most important.

Adam Lambert - WOW when Simon predicted that no one was gonna top his performance (which was correct). I just love how week after week he comes out and totally OWNS the stage. That didn't feel like American Idol, it felt like Adam Lambert's very own concert. He totally dominated the stage, loved the performance!

Allison Iraheta - Yeah I didn't love the song choice, never been a fan of songs that revolve around the same lyrics over and over again. But I still love her heart and please America, please vote for her!

Adam and Allison's duet: One BLAZING HOT performance. Come on, these two OWNED THE STAGE! They sang so well together, I totally agree that they should have more duets. But you know, I have a horrid feeling that Adam's female fans could hate Allison cos of this. You know, they were so pal-ly and all, we could smell some jealousy. Lol.

Kris Allen - Totally not his genre and there's only so much he can do. I still give him credit for doing his best, doing what he can. Well, he sounded decent. Not impressive, but it was alright.

Danny Gokey - It was alright until that excruciating scream at the back which killed the whole song IMO. What's more, he didn't have the edge to do such a song, he was just cruising through. But it's not his genre, once again, give him credit for doing his very best.

Kris and Danny's duet: Umm, didn't blow me away. It was steady, and just decent.

My ranking:
1. Adam Lambert
2. Allison Iraheta
3. Kris Allen
4. Danny Gokey

Probably Allison and Kris in the bottom two, and I HOPE HOPE HOPE Kris goes. Not Allison, please!

Offline Firefly

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2009, 04:22:18 PM »
Kris wasn't bad at all in either the duet or his solo. In the duet, it really seemed like Danny was trying to get louder during the song to try to show up Kris. And Danny's last note killed his entire solo. I can still hear that scream echoing through the sky. I hope he watched it back last night and realized how bad it really was. And Slash nailed it when he said that the last note could make or break his performance.

Adam and Allison showed how to really put together a duet. Neither one of them tried to show each other up and they complemented each other perfectly. Danny is too loud and Kris is more of a softer singer. While Renegade is an awesome song, they really should have gone another direction that could allowed both of them to play to their strengths.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2009, 04:28:22 PM »
I think that all of them did very well last night!  But I think Kris is gone for sure!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2009, 05:12:12 PM »
On several sites Danny is getting a bad rap, videos and mp3's of the scream played over and over from the final few seconds of his song which was taped for the end of the show. I just found this in LA Times review of last night's show.

...With six minutes to go, each remaining Idol was rushed across the stage to perform 15 seconds of a  number for use in the closing videos.  As the judges raced to their chairs with minutes to spare, there certainly was an air of chaos, with tension tuned to a fever pitch. 

Source: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/americanidoltracker/2009/05/the-rushfield-review-chaos-in-the-idoldome-chaos-in-the-competition.html 

This is gonna hurt, it's never good to become a joke.  I guess it's one of the unexpected things that happen and lives on forever.

ETA: Danny addressed it head on tonight on the show and made a joke of it. Good for him.  :lol:
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 08:47:14 PM by TexasLady »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2009, 05:16:22 PM »
More on the accident last night:

Chaotic Scene Unfolds at American Idol
May 5, 2009

Rock Night got off to a very rocky start on American Idol Tuesday when, less than two hours before the live performance show, stage manager Debbie Williams fell from the lighted retractable staircase when it moved too quickly. One of the large towers on the show’s set inside CBS Television City studios also toppled over, leaving shattered glass all over the stage.

FOX, FreemantleMedia North America and 19 Entertainment released a joint statement, saying, “During rehearsal today a crew member had a mishap on set and was immediately taken to the hospital as a precautionary measure. We have no further information at this time.”

But a crewmember tells PEOPLE, Williams suffered a “very deep gash down to the bone” in one leg that required stitches. Williams, who’s Idol host Ryan Seacrest’s right-hand at the show and who keeps the live telecasts humming along, “will probably be back here tomorrow,” the staffer joked.

Just after the broadcast wrapped, Seacrest posted to his Twitter page, saying Williams “is doing much better.”

Viewers will remember Debbie the stage manager from last year’s Idol Gives Back special at the Kodak Theater. She made a rare, on-camera appearance to help Brad Pitt with his microphone.

No other injuries were reported and the show went on without a hitch — on the air. In a chaotic scene just before showtime, however, audience members were not allowed into the studio until 20 minutes before show went live. Staff at the show tried to seat the crowd as quickly as possible, yelling, “Ignore your tickets. Just grab a seat wherever you can!”

With just minutes to spare, the four remaining Idol contestants — Adam Lambert, Allison Iraheta, Danny Gokey and Kris Allen — were brought out to sing 30-second snippets of their songs. The pre-taped segment, a regular part of the show’s production schedule, airs during the performance recap at the end of the night. The segments wrapped two minutes before the live show began.

By the time the show ended, Idol’s light-up staircase was secured. In fact, Gwen Stefani walked down the setpiece while singing “Just a Girl” for a pre-taped performance set to air Wednesday on the results show. – Monica Rizzo and Shawna Malcom

Source: http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/05/05/chaotic-scene-unfolds-at-american-idol/

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2009, 05:20:32 PM »
Wow!  Looks like American Idol had a tough night last night!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2009, 09:23:20 PM »
Tonight's result show was done in random order....

First announced safe and advancing to the final 3 and gets to go home for the hometown parade is...

KRIS ALLEN!

About fifteen minutes later, the remaining three returned to center stage and the second person announced safe and is in the final three and goes home for the parade is...

ADAM LAMBERT!

At the final five minutes of the show, the third and final contestant safe, advancing to the final 3 and goes home for the hometown parade is...

DANNY GOKEY!

Finishing at fourth place and the ninth contestant eliminated is...

ALLISON IRAHETA!

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2009, 10:16:23 PM »
That sucked SO bad. :P I know I was saddened Kris was VERY much in danger, but at least I expected it. This was just SO heartbreaking. I would probably cry upon rerun. :(
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2009, 11:03:23 AM »
Terrible results. I already told myself not to be surprised if Allison gets eliminated (I mean, she's always been at the risk of elimination so it won't be surprising) but that didn't alleviate my disappointment one bit. Really had hopes of her making the final two but now it's a guy-guy finale, maybe even back to Adam and Danny again. Ahhhhh. =(