Author Topic: TAR14 Finale: 'This is How You Lose a Million Dollars'  (Read 161791 times)

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR14 Finale: 'This is How You Lose a Million Dollars'
« Reply #200 on: May 09, 2009, 09:57:13 AM »
Via the magic of photoshop we can clearly see that Luke is indicating that he is number 1!  :tup:
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #201 on: May 09, 2009, 10:30:01 AM »
Is it 12 teeth for Tammy, Chateau? That's the only 12 I could think of.

:snicker:

okay, 'nuf of this!  It's nipples.   :groan:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #202 on: May 09, 2009, 10:59:20 AM »
Via the magic of photoshop we can clearly see that Luke is indicating that he is number 1!  :tup:

hey what's toni and dallas doing there? :funny:
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #203 on: May 09, 2009, 11:16:48 AM »

Thanks for the timing of the photo Chateau.

Because this photo takes place after all 3 teams cross the finish line, the time the photo was taken is irrelevant.  The teams could have finished at noon, done all of the production stuff and then assembled for the final group photo at 4 pm.

Or, Team #3 could have crossed the finish line @ 3:45 pm and then they took the picture.

Why no Phil?

For relevance, I only did the times for that shot to give the upper bound on the time for all activities of the leg.  Since it is rather late in the day for an 8:30 am landing at the airport I think it shows that at least one team takes a long time to finish their tasks.  There are not a lot of good shots to pull times from in our previews.

Where is that surfboard place?  I might be able to do something with that.  And if it really is way over towards Hana then that could be why we have a 4 pm group shot at the mat.

And the pig carry task is definitely before the jet ski task.  They are basically carrying the pigs to where they will get the jet skis.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #204 on: May 09, 2009, 11:38:18 AM »
Nice job on the chop walkingpneumonia! Love the shout out to Toni and Dallas :yess: :yess:

Chateau I was never all that convinced that the surfboards are in Hana either .. the only thing that might put them in or near Hana besides that are The Wailua Falls if that is it? or maybe someone just liked it for a scenery shot.

eta: most of the falls in Maui all look the same .. to me anyway and I can't get inside the surfboard place, it really can only be viewed from GE.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 11:42:55 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #205 on: May 09, 2009, 11:58:38 AM »
an article fwiw:

THE END IS HEAR
'AMAZING RACE' HOST ROOTS FOR DEAF KID

FAN favorites Margie and Luke Adams will be put to the test in the finale of "The Amazing Race," airing Sunday night.

Host Phil Keoghan admits he was pulling for the mother-and-son duo from Denver, Colorado, to walk away with the $1 million prize. Keoghan had them pegged as winners from the moment they auditioned for the show.

"They're one of the most popular teams we've ever had on the show," he says. "I don't claim to be an expert on teams, but I was so hoping that everyone felt the way I did about including a team that was so different."

Luke is deaf and he communicated with his mother by sign language; he also was a huge fan of the show even before he was old enough to apply to be on it.

Keoghan, who is completing a cross-country bike race to raise awareness and funds for Multiple Sclerosis, spoke of the strengths and weaknesses of the final three teams going into the finale.

MARGIE AND LUKE:
Strengths: "They are tenacious and great communicators with each other. Margie has been the most underestimated player from the beginning. She's a middle-aged woman who seemed not to be as tough as the younger racers. But she got better with the competition."

Weaknesses: "They are very sensitive and fired up. It's had an effect on their mindset."

VICTOR AND TAMMY:

Strengths: "They're very smart and focused. They're used to solving problems. Working things out, going through puzzles, making decisions."

Weaknesses: "They're not very practical. They've grown up with books and they have book smarts, but they don't have street smarts. Their balance of skills is skewed toward cognitive skills rather than practical skills. And we saw that when they had to use their hands to do things, like changing a tire or painting a fence."

CARA AND JAIME:

Strengths: "They are incredibly tenacious. They're not scared to push themselves out there; not scared to be pushy. She's like a bulldozer. When she gets focused, she's just full on."

Weaknesses: "They alienate people sometimes. When people are too pushy, it can be detrimental and people don't go out of the way to help you."

The pit stop for the finale is Maui and there will be island-style challenges, like surfing. "The team that won was absolutely deserving," Keoghan says. "Fair, solid, competitive, deserving."

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #206 on: May 09, 2009, 12:12:15 PM »
:snicker:

okay, 'nuf of this!  It's nipples.   :groan:

Came very close to posting that answer.

What's next on the "I Spy" game?!

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #207 on: May 09, 2009, 02:31:14 PM »

Thanks for the timing of the photo Chateau.

Because this photo takes place after all 3 teams cross the finish line, the time the photo was taken is irrelevant.  The teams could have finished at noon, done all of the production stuff and then assembled for the final group photo at 4 pm.

Or, Team #3 could have crossed the finish line @ 3:45 pm and then they took the picture.

Why no Phil?

For relevance, I only did the times for that shot to give the upper bound on the time for all activities of the leg.  Since it is rather late in the day for an 8:30 am landing at the airport I think it shows that at least one team takes a long time to finish their tasks.  There are not a lot of good shots to pull times from in our previews.

Where is that surfboard place?  I might be able to do something with that.  And if it really is way over towards Hana then that could be why we have a 4 pm group shot at the mat.

And the pig carry task is definitely before the jet ski task.  They are basically carrying the pigs to where they will get the jet skis.

Put.............Surfboard Farm, Maui, Hawaii and GE will zoom right in on it. It is NOT in Hana. It is just off the Hana Highway, before that road gets crazy.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #208 on: May 09, 2009, 03:24:12 PM »
I just hate how the show tries to make certain racers "fan favorites" just by saying that they are, in fact, "fan favorites". Even if nobody liked Margie & Luke they would still try to make them look popular. :groan:

Promoted teams... (:;)
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #209 on: May 09, 2009, 04:50:12 PM »
bowling hate  (:;)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #211 on: May 09, 2009, 06:17:24 PM »
an article fwiw:

THE END IS HEAR

FAN favorites Margie and Luke Adams will be put to the test in the finale of "The Amazing Race," airing Sunday night.

Host Phil Keoghan admits he was pulling for the mother-and-son duo from Denver, Colorado, to walk away with the $1 million prize. Keoghan had them pegged as winners from the moment they auditioned for the show.

"They're one of the most popular teams we've ever had on the show," he says. "I don't claim to be an expert on teams, but I was so hoping that everyone felt the way I did about including a team that was so different."

Luke is deaf and he communicated with his mother by sign language; he also was a huge fan of the show even before he was old enough to apply to be on it.

Keoghan, who is completing a cross-country bike race to raise awareness and funds for Multiple Sclerosis, spoke of the strengths and weaknesses of the final three teams going into the finale.

MARGIE AND LUKE:
Strengths: "They are tenacious and great communicators with each other. Margie has been the most underestimated player from the beginning. She's a middle-aged woman who seemed not to be as tough as the younger racers. But she got better with the competition."

Weaknesses: "They are very sensitive and fired up. It's had an effect on their mindset."

VICTOR AND TAMMY:

Strengths: "They're very smart and focused. They're used to solving problems. Working things out, going through puzzles, making decisions."

Weaknesses: "They're not very practical. They've grown up with books and they have book smarts, but they don't have street smarts. Their balance of skills is skewed toward cognitive skills rather than practical skills. And we saw that when they had to use their hands to do things, like changing a tire or painting a fence."

CARA AND JAIME:

Strengths: "They are incredibly tenacious. They're not scared to push themselves out there; not scared to be pushy. She's like a bulldozer. When she gets focused, she's just full on."

Weaknesses: "They alienate people sometimes. When people are too pushy, it can be detrimental and people don't go out of the way to help you."

The pit stop for the finale is Maui and there will be island-style challenges, like surfing. "The team that won was absolutely deserving," Keoghan says. "Fair, solid, competitive, deserving."

So the pig task (and maybe the jet-ski task) would really tax Tammy & Victor.  In fact, I could see Tammy & Victor falling behind as a result of either task, only to rebound at the surfboard task and pass one team -- but not the other.  Or maybe pass both teams.

Belle Book

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #212 on: May 09, 2009, 07:14:00 PM »
an article fwiw:

THE END IS HEAR

MARGIE AND LUKE:

VICTOR AND TAMMY:

CARA AND JAIME:

So the pig task (and maybe the jet-ski task) would really tax Tammy & Victor.  In fact, I could see Tammy & Victor falling behind as a result of either task, only to rebound at the surfboard task and pass one team -- but not the other.  Or maybe pass both teams.

Belle Book

I still remembered Phil really like this season. And i believe for him to like this season so much, there must be a huge chance that Margie and Luke won.. But i still believe anyone can win this despite all the speculation?

And yes, Margie and Luke are not the "fan favourites".. all 3 of the final 3 had their equal share and proportion of fans!

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #213 on: May 09, 2009, 07:20:34 PM »

And yes, Margie and Luke are not the "fan favourites".. all 3 of the final 3 had their equal share and proportion of fans!

That's what is so cool about this season.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #214 on: May 09, 2009, 07:30:22 PM »

these 3 are the opposites of the all stars F3 :lol:
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #215 on: May 09, 2009, 08:07:52 PM »

I agree even though they are still promoted.
 :lol:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #216 on: May 09, 2009, 10:08:50 PM »
There are some things that I learned last night from Peach's party. I will share them after the Finale tomorrow night.
Just here to visit.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #217 on: May 09, 2009, 11:03:40 PM »

I agree even though they are still promoted.
 :lol:
I'm feeling there will be a huge first in the winner circle tomorrow night. It will one of the following:

1. Your first female winners of the US TAR (Zab and Joe Jer will always be considered the first all-female winners to me)
2. Your first hearing impaired winner of US TAR. (of course, Adrian was the first!)
3. Your first Asian winners of US TAR. (again, this has already been done in TAR Asia :lol:)

I am leaning towards #1.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 11:09:59 PM by TARAsia Fan »
Just here to visit.

NoluckBoston

« Reply #218 on: May 09, 2009, 11:48:08 PM »

I'm feeling there will be a huge first in the winner circle tomorrow night. It will one of the following:

1. Your first female winners of the US TAR (Zab and Joe Jer will always be considered the first all-female winners to me)
2. Your first hearing impaired winner of US TAR. (of course, Adrian was the first!)
3. Your first Asian winners of US TAR. (again, this has already been done in TAR Asia :lol:)

I am leaning towards #1.

I have a sick feeling about that too. The whole season long edit of those girls wanting to come in first and finally getting it at the last possible moment.

:barf

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #219 on: May 10, 2009, 12:04:35 AM »
After meeting Jaime last night, I don't have a sick feeling.
Just here to visit.

Offline Bambie08

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #220 on: May 10, 2009, 12:27:42 AM »
uh-oh i really hope its not the red heads.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 10, 2009, 12:28:10 AM »

why not. they are awesome!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #222 on: May 10, 2009, 12:32:24 AM »
I'm just saying based on meeting Jaime last night, she was very nice and I would not have a sick feeling if she and Cara won. She didn't say nor could she say if she won.
Just here to visit.

Offline Bambie08

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #223 on: May 10, 2009, 12:37:36 AM »
Yeah I mean I would assume that we are not seeing the real side of the contestants. I just dont think they were the most deserving. I am not saying they are bad people just that I dont feel they should win.

You kind of freaked me out though when you said you were leaning towards one.  (:;)

Offline :jerry:

• RFF Sr. Member
  • JTAR Season 1 is on RIGHT NOW!
« Reply #224 on: May 10, 2009, 12:42:03 AM »
Personaly, idont  want the carrots to win...

but they are in the middle in the pic, and they seen REALLY REALLY happy...
Jerry's fantasy game partcipation:
Vic's 4th Race: Jerry and Uycocoa Eliminated
MTAR Season 3: Jerry and Panda (Natasha and Paula) Eliminated

JTAR Season 1 Nanaimo Leg is on right now!