Author Topic: TAR14 Finale: 'This is How You Lose a Million Dollars'  (Read 161392 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR14 Finale: 'This is How You Lose a Million Dollars'
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2009, 07:32:00 AM »
:lol: :yess: I am very excited.

TAR13 wasnt and 12 wasnt really HOPE IT IS VERY CLOSE!
Kiwi Jay, AR13 was 5 to 11 minutes. How very close do you want it? You'll probably never see 10 seconds like AR 2 again and even 2 minutes for AR3 and maybe AR6 is very difficult. All World Race Productions can do is put teams into a place for the decisive task in approximately the same time frame and let the teams' relative talents sort it out.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2009, 07:35:40 AM »
I liked the TAR12 final puzzle because both team members had to do it. I don't like it when everything depends on just one person on the team. At least they are all there at the same time so it should be exciting.

Abby, I think you meant TAR 13, not TAR 12. And as long as there is some final Race-related task, I'm happy with it.

TAR 10's running around 10 blocks was lame huh? :funny: And TAR 7's Little Havana.. but i'm not complaining because it made Romber lose. :funny:

Joab, just to put more correct information into this thread, the AR10 Manhattan street run task for Tyler/James and Rob/Kimberly was from the News Building 220 E. 42nd St. (near corner of 3rd Avenue) and "the Alamo" sculpture at Astor Place near 9th St and west of 3rd Avenue. I calculate that at more than 33 blocks, which is approximately 2 miles in Manhattan.

Yes, 33! I figured 10 blocks was tooooo little. Thanks!

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2009, 07:37:25 AM »
OMGah red_sox!  :waves:

You're the one who built the charlaandmirna.com site, amirite? If not, sorry, but too bad it's gone now.  :'(

I've been to Honolulu Airport loads of times already but I'm not entirely sure if these pics are from that airport, but anyways, I'm gonna say yeah.

I guess not. It's Kahului Airport in Maui. Notice the light fixtures and the yellow stripe on the floor. I totally forgot that Gates 16-25 in Honolulu are in one area, so if they were in Honolulu, the sign would've read Gates 1 thru 25.

From this site: http://www.lightfantastic.org/imr/extras/moblog/archives/2005_11.html

This picture:

Probably at a terminal in Kahului airport.

I guess all teams had one flight to Maui. So most likely no Honolulu tasks?

Its Kahului Airport in Maui. J/C and Tammy have ditched their bags. Victor's bad is a lot smaller. M/L have their full packs. They probably had to take a certain flight out of HNL to give Phil a little head start, and they had time to put on beach clothes and re-distribute belongings. Here is a pic of a concourse at Kahului Airport with matching carpet.

Matthew 7:15

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2009, 07:56:48 AM »
Patiently waiting... :pull: for peach or puddin' to open their bag of spoilers and throw us a bone...
     What?  Please don't say you have no more...you must!  Dig way down deep, I'm sure you have super secret photos of them at the finish line...I promise I won't tell anyone else... :-X:
Must have spoilers to get me through the week... :tantrum:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2009, 08:04:17 AM »
littlewop,
How long have you been watching The Amazing Race? How many times do you recall that there were definite spoilers on which team wins? I can remember the Linzes for AR8 and Eric/Danielle for AR11. CBS and World Race Productions take an incredible amount of effort to assure that the outcome of the finale will NOT be spoiled. They pick areas secluded enough so that they can control who gets access to the site. There is more to life than finale spoilers.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2009, 08:22:21 AM »
Here is a map of Maui below. The Kahili Golf Course is just northwest of the intersection of route 30 and 380 in central Maui.  That means it is at least 6 miles from the closest coastline on the southern shore in the Maaiaeo Bay area to reach Kapili Golf Course. Driving that should take about 10 minutes, but it is not long enough to change the order of finish from at the coast to the Finish Line.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2009, 10:25:22 AM »
Does anyone have a better capture of this? Trying to read the sign in the background.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2009, 10:34:31 AM »
You'll probably never see 10 seconds like AR 2 again and even 2 minutes for AR3 and maybe AR6 is very difficult.
How do you know? Are you on the production staff? Did BVM tell you this himself? Are you clairvoyant?
Just here to visit.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2009, 10:35:54 AM »
Interesting how the producers are able to nudge everything so that the 3 final teams are at the final task (surf board arranging) at the same time.  It makes for much better TV.

Cab karma does not completely take Jamie & Cara out of the race for 1 million dollars.  I suspect Jamie says our episode title in the cab.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2009, 10:44:15 AM »

« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 02:39:30 PM by puddin »

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2009, 10:46:24 AM »
This is mostly speculation - although I think I'm 100% on the airport and golf course location - unless anyone wants to debate it.  :groan: :meow:
I don't think the surfboard task took place at the farm where the surfboard fence is - but I have included it here for completeness.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2009, 11:24:39 AM »
Can't watch both videos due to restriction! :groan: :( :'(

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2009, 11:31:26 AM »
I don't have time now but have a copy saved Joab and will youtube it later  :tup:

some caps

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2009, 11:42:32 AM »
This is mostly speculation - although I think I'm 100% on the airport and golf course location - unless anyone wants to debate it.  :groan: :meow:
I don't think the surfboard task took place at the farm where the surfboard fence is - but I have included it here for completeness.
I'll speculate that the surf board task is at the golf course so that Teams can simply run to the Finish Line.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2009, 11:46:39 AM »
Wow, wow, wow, it's gonna be an EXCITING finale! Seldom do we see three teams at a final Roadblock task, it's usually down to two teams battling it out and the third team is lost somewhere. Now, it's really neck-and-neck! Gosh. No wonder it's one of Phil's favourite seasons.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2009, 11:49:02 AM »
try this Joab, you might need FLV player

« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 02:35:49 PM by puddin »

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2009, 12:02:54 PM »
[

I don't know hot to outline it, but if you look in the background behind the 3 girls, isn't that a sruf board fence?  Would that be at the golf course?

ETA: sorry, I meant to post this in the Spec. on the spoilers thread.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 12:09:46 PM by littlewop »

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2009, 12:07:25 PM »
I'll speculate that the surf board task is at the golf course so that Teams can simply run to the Finish Line.

[

I don't know hot to outline it, but if you look in the background behind the 3 girls, isn't that a sruf board fence?  Would that be at the golf course?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2009, 12:29:28 PM »
They haven't done that since season 9 at the Red Rocks and I don't think the surfboard task matchs the golf course but we could find this place guys! Maybe it is the Peahi Farms in Haiku Maui...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 12:56:49 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2009, 12:32:11 PM »
Waimoku Falls? pic 1
Wailua Falls? pic 2

eta: nevermind .. pick a fall any fall, lol

« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 12:37:57 PM by puddin »

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2009, 12:56:51 PM »
The surfboard task is where walkingpneumonia has it pinned on his map. Here is the spoiler for that little fact. It is in the Episode 11 stuff at the first.

http://www.mauinews.com/page/content.detail/id/517845.html

Plus, you can see the surfboard fence in the background too

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2009, 01:13:51 PM »
There are more pics here as well:

http://www.mauisurfboardfence.com/paypal3.html

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2009, 01:21:34 PM »
AFTER 3 CONTINENTS, 9 COUNTRIES AND 40,000 MILES, THE FINAL THREE TEAMS WILL SQUARE OFF IN ONE FINAL LEG DURING THE SEASON FINALE OF "THE AMAZING RACE 14," MAY 10, ON CBS
"This is How You Lose a Million Dollars" (Maui) - Following a Race that spanned three continents, nine countries and 40,000 miles, Tammy and Victor, Cara and Jaime and Luke and Margie will square off in a grueling final leg that will test their endurance, their memory and one Racer's karma, during the season finale of THE AMAZING RACE 14, Sunday, May 10 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan is host.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2009, 01:35:17 PM »
I will repeat this here. The surfboard task is at the Surfboard Fence Farm. Walkingpneumonia has it marked on his map. It is in the west side of the north coast, just off the Hana Highway. Here is the spoiler that identifies the location.

http://www.mauinews.com/page/content.detail/id/517845.html

Plus, you can see the fence behind Margie, Tammy and Cara.

Here is my map, which is very similiar to Walkingpneumonia's. I am not as sure yet as to the locaton of the pig task (how topical is that....swine flu and all.......lol) or the jet ski route marker.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 01:45:47 PM by DrRox »

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2009, 02:25:16 PM »
OK - I'm moving this over from the speculation thread... since somebody locked it :lock  :res:

The surfboard location thing is confirmed.
I tried to find a lu'au (pig roast) site in close proximity to jet ski's and black rocks and I came up with the area just northwest of Lahaina.
Jet ski island is where a few jet ski rental places work from - its moored offshore.
Black rocks is just off of the Hilton hotel - supposed to be good for snorkeling there - it looks like L/M go swimming...
The lu'au place seems to be pretty popular and the beach looks right. There is a pig cooking pit in the middle of the amphitheater.