Archive > The Amazing Race 14

TAR14 Finale: 'This is How You Lose a Million Dollars'

<< < (70/71) > >>

Hooky:

--- Quote from: Joab on May 15, 2009, 08:05:54 AM ---This has got to be one of those instances where you don't need a footrace (TAR2) to have an exciting finale. From the pig task placement to the Roadblock, the teams placement continuously changed.. from T/V in first, to second, then to last, then back to second, then to first.. it was exciting and seriously unpredictable.. until the very end where Victor finally got the clue.. then we know he really got it. It was one hell of a finale.

The final 3 teams, though my support goes to T/V.. i would have been happy with anyone winning. The first asian, the first all-female or the first parent-child team.. it doesn't matter.. i really love this final 3 because like i've said before.. the final 3 in previous seasons often had one team being overshadowed and leftout with the focus on the other 2.. but for this season, all three teams in the final 3 had an equal share of their own storyline and this makes the race so much more interesting, because we already followed them through the race and it was exciting to have so many fans root after the three respective teams.

Yay to T/V, they seriously deserved it. And wow, J/C actually did better than i expected and came in second.. and M/L.. could have won if Luke kept his cool. I was pretty surprised that he actually couldn't remember the scorpion task.. because it was probably just a few days before that their team did the task and it was quite shocking that he didn't get it.

Love everything about TAR 14.. one of the best seasons ever definitely! And must i say.. my winner curse has finally been broken ever since SEASON 7 where Uchenna and Joyce won.. and after 7 seasons.. finally another of my favourite team.. and for the first time ever.. a pre-season favourite of mine that i rooted for from the start to the end of the race won! Yay!

And now.. it's time for me to go back into mourning as there's no more TAR.. for about another half a year to one year. SIGH. :(

--- End quote ---

Well, for me I can say that again, for the second season in a row, I picked the winning team (even if I didn't like those teams)!

I'm trying to be an optimist about the result, but it was still an amazing finale!

Slowhatch:

--- Quote from: chill sd ---They probably had to find the Kamehameha statue at the Grand Wailea, this would lead them to the Kamehameha Golf Club.
--- End quote ---
That's a good guess, considering the name of the golf course and the clue thingy they were given after the surfboard puzzle. With any luck, a racer might confirm for us soon. (photo).

DrRox:
Good job slowhatch. If they went to that particular statue, then they went to the hotel where the Elimination Station teams were staying too. Puddin figured that out.

Pedaler:
If the racers had to find a statue after the Surfboard roadblock, I'd be very surprised if it was the Kamehameha statue at the Grand Wailea.  According to MapQuest it's a 52 minute drive from the Surfboard fence to the statue.  Then, they would have to go back north to the finish line.  I just can't see them driving around that much at the end.

If the interview is correct, then I would suspect that the statue was located between the Roadblock fence and the finish line.

But most importantly, a big time thanks to Dr. Rox for the maps posted back on May 12.  They added a great additional perspective to the leg for me.

DrRox:
Thanks Pedaler.

My pin placement is about 100-200m off. slowhatch and Chateau got the exact farm. You can zoom into that farm and twist GE around and actually see the fence when it was in its infancy. That particular sat photo is pretty old.

I feel the same way as you do about the statue. It is a long way down there and then back to the golf course finish line. If that was the case, I think we would have seen teams meeting and passing by each other, like we did in the jet skis, for instance. Like you, I think it might be some other statue in town near the airport. I do like the same name aspect too. I have done searches in google and in the picture sites for other statues on Maui, without any luck though.

I still would have liked to see some bicycle riding down Haleakala, maybe next Hawaii stop!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version