Author Topic: American Idol Final 5 Performance Discussion  (Read 6291 times)

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
American Idol Final 5 Performance Discussion
« on: April 28, 2009, 09:15:57 PM »
Since no one else is starting the topic, why not?
I liked tonight!
Matt Giraud did pretty good!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: American Idol Final 5 Performance Discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 09:46:39 PM »
Thanks for starting the thread Snooky!  :tup:

I thought everyone did well tonight. I loved that Allison just sang her song and liked that they finally did something new with her hair and it was nice to see. Danny had his best night yet.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Jill_

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 11:38:53 PM »
I guess it's just my taste (or nontaste) for some music, but I really hope that they will never have rat pack music as a theme again!

I've never fast forwarded my TiVo before while watching a perfomance on Idol, but I did several times tonight.

Jill

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 05:34:03 AM »
I honestly loved the performances this time around. Although I was saddened that they only sang one song.

Performance Ranking:
1. Danny
2. Matt
3. Kris
4. Allison
5. Adam

Overall Ranking:
1. Kris
2. Allison
3. Matt
4. Adam
5. Danny
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 12:24:08 PM »
Yeah, whatever happened to the start of singing two songs? Was quite disappointed that we don't get to see more from them at this stage but well, it was a good night overall. I'm not a fan of the Rat Pack, but all five of them did really well and it's so hard to predict who's leaving this week.

Kris Allen - I didn't think he was spectacular tonight, so I was pretty surprised when Randy praised him to the skies. So I must say that I concur with Simon's opinions. It was good, but not great. A little safe and boring for me.

Allison Iraheta - I agree about the lack of confidence, but I loved her performance tonight. I thought it was heartfelt and it was great seeing a less edgy, more vulnerable side of her. I see her in the bottom two but will she really be in trouble? Please vote for her!

Matt Giraud - Thought it was a cool performance, splendid vocals but I didn't think it was stellar. He could be in trouble tonight as well, JMO.

Danny Gokey - Previous weeks, I thought he's been totally losing his spark but this week, he totally blew. On top of the brilliant vocals, it was a really intense performance, his best yet. My hope of him being eliminated in a surprise elimination is gone, once again I guess we'll see him in the finale.

Adam Lambert - Yeah, awesome start to the performance. It's just wonderful seeing what he'll do each week and he's by far one of the most original and daring contestants on the show. I have to say it again that I really love his vocal range but I wish he'd not yell every week, lol.

My ranking:
1. Adam Lambert
2. Danny Gokey
3. Allison Iraheta
4. Matt Giraud
5. Kris Allen

I hope Kris leaves but my gut tells me either Matt or Allison, so I think that the latter two will be our bottom two this week. Ahh all five of them did great tonight, it's gonna be hard to see any one of them go. =(

Sidenote, but I realised that out of the five remaining, the top three of the second group are still intact, and four of them are from group two. Lol.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 05:11:39 PM »
omg i wrot this long review and got timed out..hhhhuuu
so i re watched the show this morning and i was suprised my self when i ff trew allison and matt's songs, :duno: any way i think it is bc i realy loved the way constine mroulous sang valantine he did it on the idol tour and all the talk shows and then i got sick of the song, i love constin and would have rathered heard bo rapsidy or any thing else by him at that point.

so i realy loved danny last night and i am glade he is bk he was starting to slip away but he came bk, thank god..he and kris r my fav's, i though kris was awsome allso, and adam loved the stares allthough i did agree with randy about the theatrical thing but i love the theater so i loved the preformance all but the screaming thing , and the way his toung curls up when he does it, don;t love that, but if u have a theater bk ground u make things big , the camra is a new and much smaller place so u realy have to dile it down for the tv.

so my rankings r

DANNY
KRIS
ADAM
ALLISON
MATT

and ps what or who was simond talking about when he said that realy only 3 ppl want to win???
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 07:31:59 PM »
My thoughts for bottom 3:

3: Kris
2: Allison
1: Matt 

I don't think they need to be ranked this way, I'm just looking at the comments from the judges and from Simon. I'm not going against Ruth, Tory or Raymond at this point for top rankings. LOL Y'all are doing better than I am and we'll find out in about 1/2 an hour if I'm wrong about the bottom 3.  :lol:

Jill, don't you wish they had chosen some songs that Sammy Davis Jr made famous?

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 09:39:08 PM »
Haha Ruth. I noticed that too.

And considering our bottom 3, I think I could say I did okay.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 09:47:14 PM »
MY BOTTOM 3:

1. Allison
2. Matt
3. ??? ( Hope its only Bottom 2... )

« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 08:21:19 AM by uycocoa »
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 10:18:27 PM »
SHOCKER!! Highlight between the arrows for the singer sent home tonight.

>>>>>Bottom 3: Matt, Kris, and Adam! Matt is sent home.<<<<<

Offline pledge

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 10:41:56 PM »
I know the results because I Peeked at the message boards   :-[

Can't wait for the show to start in 20 min     :jumpy:

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 11:38:23 PM »
So Danny is the only one that hasn't been in the Bottom 3. UGH. (And I know Ruth will somewhat agree with my sentiments.)
At least the vote gives me hope for an Allison/Kris Final 2. Haha.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 11:47:09 PM by Raymond »
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 07:21:17 AM »
It was a good show, Natalie Cole, Taylor Hicks and Jamie Fox performing. The shocker of the night, Adam in the bottom 3! I didn't see that coming!

I'm sad that Matt was sent home but in the long run, all of the final singers will find their own way to performing and Matt should do fine! Probably much better when he can choose the songs and style that he likes rather than dictated by AI.

I barely recognized Hicks, he's matured and is a lot thinner!  :ascared

It's remarkable that Danny is the only one left that hasn't been in the bottom 3.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 08:04:37 AM »
Ya. From 3 in the Top 5 to 1 in the Top 4. Such a change and it shows you anything can happen this season. :tup:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 10:09:20 AM »
well i called it matt going home.. now i might b reading into this so if some one heard ryan say this is the bottom 3 one time i did not. he just put adam in that group saying adam join that group?? then when he sent kris bk he said kris u r safe , we will find out who is safe and who is going after this song by jamie fox?? he seem to use safe and never used the words bottom 3 , or this is your bottom 3 , allso he never refered to the judges saying it directily, and at one point i saw paula put her finger to the side of her nose and look directly at one of them adam or matt, jmo i think she was jestering to adam..any way my point is was adam realy in the bottom 2 of the votes???
i am a danny/ kris for the win fan btw.
and my conspeosy is that ai wants to amp up the votes so there braging rights can go up from 47 mill to 60 like they were one year..so stick adam who most likely got the most votes in the bottom and put his fans in a frenzy. again jmo also the message board over at ai, adam has double the support of any contestant..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2009, 12:36:54 PM »
Matt going home was expected but Adam in the bottom two? Not in my life did I see that. So Danny's currently the only one who hasn't been in the bottom three. Sigh, pretty disappointed that Adam landed there tonight, it's like a "blemish" IF he's really going to the finale or even going to win. But another thing I'm really surprised, at the same time happy about, is that Allison's in the top two tonight! WOW! If that goes on, she could make the finale! Awesome. =)

Oh, I actually thought when the bottom two were revealed that Adam would be going home. I totally went PHEW when Ryan said he was safe, although I like Matt loads too and was really sad he had to go. But well, Adam over Matt.

Right now, I hope Kris goes home next. And Allison could really have a shot in the final two. Look what happened in Season 6, when Blake slowly inched ahead of all the girls with the powerhouse vocals, eventually beating out Melinda to be in the final two. That could happen again this season. I did think that Allison could inch out Danny in the final two but looking at tonight's result, perhaps Adam doesn't make the finale. Ah whatever, every one of them deserves to win and I'll try to be happy if Danny does win. Lol.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2009, 01:30:17 PM »
I was certainly expecting a Matt, Allison and Kris bottom 3 and kinda expected one of them could be going home. But American Idol's first shocker for this season was when Allison no longer belong to the bottom 3!! And what was even more shocking was Adam in the bottom 3.. because i bet nobody saw that coming. This reminds me of the Ruben and Trenyce AI2 F5 show, where he was "accidentally" in the bottom 2 too.. and we all know what will happen next! Adam will probably be safe next week (like how Allison is safe this week) because all his fans will call for him like mad next week.

As for the performances, agreed with Simon that ALL 5 were good.. but Kris's one was abit too "fluffy" in terms of unrealistic, Allison seems to be losing the steam, Matt had a good feel to his song, Danny was great, Adam was unbelievable. Frankly speaking, i thought everyone of them had their own unique way of performing different songs that i don't know how to rank them anyway. Personally, my favourite was Adam's song and least favourite was none. I love all their songs!!

So... like what i've predicted Allison to be in the F4 at least and Matt to be out in 5th. My next prediction goes to Kris being out next. And hopefully i will really get to see an Adam VS Allison finale. The vote tonight just really shows that anyone can win and with Allison being in the top 2 tonight.. i hope it gives fans like us a small glimmer of hope that Allison can do make it to the final at least.

Everyone has got to agree, this has to be the best season ever. Never have i since AI 1 till now been impressed by the final 5.. until now. I bet if Matt appeared on some other seasons, he could have very well won the competition. But competing with the best singers left around? I bet it must have been a honour for him as well!

Allison and Adam for the win still. I'm hoping Danny goes next, but my gut feeling goes to Kris. :(

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 03:59:30 PM »
 :waves: hellow any one i was hopeing some one would comment on my theroie??? i eresed last nights show so i can't watch it again but i have this big feeling adam was not in the bottom and that ryan never actuly said he was..read my other post pleas and this one and let me no how u realy feel..ty ty
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2009, 09:32:15 PM »
Hey Tory. :waves:

I'd agree with you if that was true, but I think they said "Bottom 2" so I think I need to rewatch.

Personally, I'd want a Kris/Allison F2. Although anyone winning this season would be okay. This season is a standout as it is already. ;)
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline pledge

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2009, 12:32:17 AM »
Tory   :waves:    I don't have last nights show saved but what I thought Ryan
said at first was this is the bottom three.  After he said Kris was safe, I don't
remember Ryan saying bottom 2.....but I don't know    :duno:     Wish I had
it saved but I don't. 

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2009, 11:33:10 AM »
 :kuss: ty for responding , i guess we will never no??? un less some one watches that did not delite lol..
i am just thinking they wanted to boost about how many ppl voted and they want it higher next week that is y they put adam in the bottom but i for got about dautryand the year he left every one was  (:;) mad and it did make u eather stop watching the show or vote more..
i do love rvry one left i love danny and kris the most but i do think it is going to b adam /danny f2 if u go over to the ai message boards adam has a huge fan base compared to any one of the other contestans, it is crazy he has like 6000 threads to every one's 1000.
and thoses kids have cell phones and they no how to use them lol
tv junky needs help!!!!!