Author Topic: EP10: East Coast live show updates and commentary *please read the rules*  (Read 47285 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I didn't look at every vidcap. I just saw it as people all looking for far a way taxi/cab stands and not seeing anything in close and bumping into each other. Just an accident on both parts and the girls should have never made a comment.....Just one of those "Opps, excuse me!!!" moments.
It clearly was, and physical contact does happen between racers all the time, and I don't blame the racers for that.  Its how they react to it that bothered me.  Just as before Kisha (Jen last week) start teh blame insulting game.

Just like after that Luke could have risen above the insults and didn't (same with Margie).

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
Well heck, I thought Jamie/Cara just smoked it tonight.....and really did think they were going to get a trip out of it....hope they can keep it up. Dealing with taxis is one thing.......dealing with the general public is going to be fun to watch with all that make up on....
What makes me really angry about that is that they were told to go to the Pit Stop in their damn clue!  How were they supposed to know it was anything different!  By telling them it was a Pit Stop, they got completely gobsmacked upon finding out it wasn't one!
Would it have made any difference if it just said "Find Phil on the mat" or something similar though? Probably not. So what's the big concern?
They'd have at least known it wasn't a Pit Stop.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
You want the surprise although the clue will sometimes state "see Phil at the mat" instead of "go to the pit stop. The last team may/will be eliminated," and some racers will pick up on it.
Just here to visit.

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
Ashe, the whole point of them not knowing that it is an extended leg is to catch the racers off guard.  That's part of the race.   

Other comments on this episode......

Did you guys feel that Jen/Kisha got sort of a negative edit this episode with their comments about the local Chinese people not speaking English and everyone having blank faces or something of the sort? 
We've heard similiar negative comments on locals from Cara/Jamie throughout the race so when I head Jen/Kisha start up, a red flag went up for me like we are being prepared for their demise, so to speak.

overall I enjoyed this episode.  I liked the airport action we got to see just because Tammy/Victor were able to talk to the airport employees and get a little advantage.  I also liked the tasks.  The one thing that kept bothering me was Tammy/Victor at the Synchronized diving task.....what part of "Synchronized" did they not understand?!  :lol:  Didn't their clue mention the "Synchronized" part?  It appeared like they were were diving without realizing they had to do it together and land in the water at the same time.

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
Ashe, the whole point of them not knowing that it is an extended leg is to catch the racers off guard.  That's part of the race.   

Other comments on this episode......

Did you guys feel that Jen/Kisha got sort of a negative edit this episode with their comments about the local Chinese people not speaking English and everyone having blank faces or something of the sort? 
We've heard similiar negative comments on locals from Cara/Jamie throughout the race so when I head Jen/Kisha start up, a red flag went up for me like we are being prepared for their demise, so to speak.

overall I enjoyed this episode.  I liked the airport action we got to see just because Tammy/Victor were able to talk to the airport employees and get a little advantage.  I also liked the tasks.  The one thing that kept bothering me was Tammy/Victor at the Synchronized diving task.....what part of "Synchronized" did they not understand?!  :lol:  Didn't their clue mention the "Synchronized" part?  It appeared like they were were diving without realizing they had to do it together and land in the water at the same time.

I agree on the airport scene.  Victor is much more likeable in Chinese!
There is an interview with T/V, and she explains how uncoordinated she is.  She said I could have kept diving all night and not gotten it right.  She said she was having trouble with the "jump 2 times" before diving.  I think it is under the thread for next weeks show.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
That was a pretty uneventful episode. About the only thing that surprised me was the TBC part. Overall, I disliked the episode. The TBC only made it worse.

I foreshadowed my own demise when I "discussed" TBC's with apskip. I really HATE HATE HATE 11 Legs! Will we never again get a race of reasonable length? :'( :'( :'(

Okay, rant over.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
I didn't look at every vidcap. I just saw it as people all looking for far a way taxi/cab stands and not seeing anything in close and bumping into each other. Just an accident on both parts and the girls should have never made a comment.....Just one of those "Opps, excuse me!!!" moments.
It clearly was, and physical contact does happen between racers all the time, and I don't blame the racers for that.  Its how they react to it that bothered me.  Just as before Kisha (Jen last week) start teh blame insulting game.

Just like after that Luke could have risen above the insults and didn't (same with Margie).

I agree 100%. Kisha/Jen said in the taxi on the way to the airport in Guilin it was over. But Margie was already there telling J/C and T/V the whole story again. In that one video, Victor really looks like he is sick and tried of hearing about it. He just sits there and eats his apple......lol. Neither team has responded very well to the incident and continue to be miffed at the other team for the smallest "slight." It does not make for fun viewing, to me at least. It's almost like we have Flo and Kendra in the same race and they are trying to see who can whine the most.

In the last decade I have spent an inordinate amount of time in Latin America. I keep my head on a swivel all the time when I am out and about. People will make 180 turns at the drop of a hat and walk right into you. I just am so conditioned to say "desculpe mi" or "disculpe mi" at the collision and smile and walk on. For me, it is pretty funny.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 06:35:35 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
That was a pretty uneventful episode. About the only thing that surprised me was the TBC part. Overall, I disliked the episode. The TBC only made it worse.

I foreshadowed my own demise when I "discussed" TBC's with apskip. I really HATE HATE HATE 11 Legs! Will we never again get a race of reasonable length? :'( :'( :'(

Okay, rant over.
When Phil said however I knew it at once!   :groan:
But at least it isn't 11 single-length legs!

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
Well heck, I thought Jamie/Cara just smoked it tonight.....and really did think they were going to get a trip out of it....hope they can keep it up. Dealing with taxis is one thing.......dealing with the general public is going to be fun to watch with all that make up on....
What makes me really angry about that is that they were told to go to the Pit Stop in their damn clue!  How were they supposed to know it was anything different!  By telling them it was a Pit Stop, they got completely gobsmacked upon finding out it wasn't one!
Would it have made any difference if it just said "Find Phil on the mat" or something similar though? Probably not. So what's the big concern?

If it said "Find Phil on the mat," it might have alerted Cara & Jamie to the fact that the leg might not be over.  In my Fantasy Amazing Race story, twice I had a TBC leg -- and both times the clues alerted the teams that the leg wasn't over.  Of course, that's assuming that either Cara & Jamie had seen enough of The Amazing Race to know that little fact.

Belle Book

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I think I remember that Jaime has been a huge fan of TAR and has watched every season. Cara is a newcomer, but I believe did her homework!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
I think I remember that Jaime has been a huge fan of TAR and has watched every season. Cara is a newcomer, but I believe did her homework!

So Jaime certainly would've known that the leg was a TBC if the clue had said "Find Phil on the mat."  Cara might well have known that too.

Belle Book

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
I like that the racers didn't have "find Phil" in their clue. It would have given the whole thing away.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I like that the racers didn't have "find Phil" in their clue. It would have given the whole thing away.

In all the TBCs I have seen (all of them), the standard phrase contains the words "may be eliminated" rather than "will be eliminated, " although so do many non-TBC/NEL legs just to keep you guessing. The giveaway is when teams arrive at the mat and there is no greeter. Every elimination point has a greeter, although AR13 in India the greeter appeared to be the individual watering the plants and he wasn't full-time as a greeter.