Author Topic: TAR14 EP11:'He Made Me Look Like Alice Cooper'/'No More Mr. Nice Guy'  (Read 150021 times)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
Re: TAR14 EP11:'He Made Me Look Like Alice Cooper'/'No More Mr. Nice Guy'
« Reply #325 on: May 05, 2009, 03:40:58 PM »

Jaime & Cara: By all rights, even though a lot of it was from bad taxi luck, they should've been the ones booted.  But honestly, after seeing Cara own up to being the reason they went well out of their way of the U-Turn, and then seeing her try to make up for it by owning the Roadblock, I wanted them to stay.  So I'm glad they did.  But yeah, it looks like Jaime's taxi karma is going to come right back to bite her in the ass next week, even though it already started to this week.  That said, that doesn't necessarily mean they won't win because of it.  It could be a misdirection.  The editors obviously left Phil saying they had the chance to be the first winning women's team for a reason.

I'm pretty sure Phil said the same thing to Dustin and Kandace, Charla & Mirna to name a few female teams.

And Lyn and Karlyn. :funny: Maybe Phil said that knowing that Cara and Jaime would most probably be left behind and come in third.

True enough, but in those seasons didn't the all-female teams talk about wanting to be the first all-female team ever to win the Race a lot?  If that's harped on, it's a good sign that the team in question won't be the first all-female team ever to win.  With Cara & Jamie -- no mention of it until Phil tells them.  That means they might just pull it off!

Belle Book

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #326 on: May 06, 2009, 12:02:12 AM »

Jaime & Cara: By all rights, even though a lot of it was from bad taxi luck, they should've been the ones booted.  But honestly, after seeing Cara own up to being the reason they went well out of their way of the U-Turn, and then seeing her try to make up for it by owning the Roadblock, I wanted them to stay.  So I'm glad they did.  But yeah, it looks like Jaime's taxi karma is going to come right back to bite her in the ass next week, even though it already started to this week.  That said, that doesn't necessarily mean they won't win because of it.  It could be a misdirection.  The editors obviously left Phil saying they had the chance to be the first winning women's team for a reason.

I'm pretty sure Phil said the same thing to Dustin and Kandace, Charla & Mirna to name a few female teams.

And Lyn and Karlyn. :funny: Maybe Phil said that knowing that Cara and Jaime would most probably be left behind and come in third.

True enough, but in those seasons didn't the all-female teams talk about wanting to be the first all-female team ever to win the Race a lot?  If that's harped on, it's a good sign that the team in question won't be the first all-female team ever to win.  With Cara & Jamie -- no mention of it until Phil tells them.  That means they might just pull it off!

Belle Book

From what I know, Lyn/Karlyn also started talking about it when they made it to the Final 3. Before that, it was just that there is some higher power keeping 'em in it despite having no leg wins yet. Having said that, I think Jaime/Cara go in 3rd. (This was the same way Dandrew & the Lyns were edited - and oddly, they didn't win any legs either :lol: - FWIW, different from how Eric/Danielle were edited.)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 12:06:56 AM by Raymond »
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #327 on: May 06, 2009, 08:46:03 AM »
Kisha and Jen in interviews conducted with several sources say that Phil used a bit of hyperbole in claiming that they finished only "seconds behind". I guess that is true if your definition of "seconds behind" includes 180 seconds. An hour behind is only 3600 seconds behind. The fact is that the toilet incident was over-hyped. The real reason that Kisha/Jen lost was it took them longer to find the pit stop even though they arrived ahead. Call it good taxi driver karma for Jaime/Cara that they were dropped off at a closer point to where the pit stop proved to be. That proved to be the decisive margin of victory for them.

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #328 on: May 14, 2009, 10:22:29 PM »
Did anyone ever find out the Beijing rock garden where the racer interviewers were conducted?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #329 on: May 14, 2009, 10:25:50 PM »
I am promised more info later, but I was told that it was in a hotel garden, not in a park or anything....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline :jerry:

• RFF Sr. Member
  • JTAR Season 1 is on RIGHT NOW!
« Reply #330 on: July 14, 2009, 10:38:39 AM »
Ummm...I know you guys havn't posted in this topic for a while but here the thing anyway
Twp days ago, I visited the bird's nest, trying to look for the pit stop,
what I know about the pit stop is that it's surrounded by little white fences :groan:
and from Phil's point of view, you can see a pond or a lake
and the mat is placed on sturdy road.

Well I couldn't find it because I found the pondish thing but when I found the perfect angle, i was standing in the middle of a drive way to a parking lot!

So I went around the bird's nest again and again and I couldn't find a better spot.

So I was wondering if the Beijing gov rearranged the things around the birds nest, or
the producer's edited the scene...just wondering...
Jerry's fantasy game partcipation:
Vic's 4th Race: Jerry and Uycocoa Eliminated
MTAR Season 3: Jerry and Panda (Natasha and Paula) Eliminated

JTAR Season 1 Nanaimo Leg is on right now!

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #331 on: July 14, 2009, 10:24:04 PM »
Haha, I knew where it is at exactly and the pit stop wasn't on driveway for sure!! If anyone have some kind of map like google earth map of that area, I can pinpoint it for you guys.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #332 on: July 15, 2009, 08:19:37 PM »
Hi Luke! I had never been here before and I never talked directly to a racer! I'm so grateful you're here! I didn't like you at the beggining, but I started to like you as a racer, and I felt that you had to win. You deserved it more than Tammy & Victor, because of your handicap. I really thought you could do it, and the Final was great due to that the three teams were the "allied teams". Also, you often placed 1st of 4th, and as you couldn't be 4th in the Final, you had to be 1st!! What happened with those surfboards??

Finally, here's your request. The map you wanted. I hope it serves.

I hope we can talk more often, and I'm so moved!

PS: Do you know if non-Northamerican people can join the race?  Well, thanks for your time, and of having talked to you for the first time!!  :hearts: :jumpy: :yess: :hugs:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 04:57:56 AM by DavidMV »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #333 on: July 27, 2009, 09:35:42 AM »
Thanks Jerry and David!  Sorry I missed this before, hope Luke comes and fills us in!

And no David...sadly only US passport holders can apply.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #334 on: July 30, 2009, 01:28:36 PM »
I drew it on the map but I am not sure how to attach it and post it on here?

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #335 on: July 30, 2009, 06:27:27 PM »
I drew it on the map but I am not sure how to attach it and post it on here?

Hello Luke!  :waves:

In the link below you'll see how to post attachments:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,12375.0.html
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #336 on: July 30, 2009, 06:34:21 PM »
or you could email it to me Luke and I'll gladly do it for you  :waves:

realityfanforum@epix.net

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #337 on: July 31, 2009, 02:30:19 PM »
I hope it works!!

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #338 on: July 31, 2009, 02:34:45 PM »
Yes! It works! Excellent.  The yellow circle was the place where my mom and I got dropped off at.   The red circle = the pit stop. It took us like ten minutes to find the pit stop. I was TOTALLY convinced that the pit stop must be inside of the stadium!!! Even, I tried to buy tickets to get in the stadium but Mom wouldn't let me to. Mom thinks the pit stop was outside of the stadium. The only one reason I thought it was in the stadium because there was SO many people around and I was like there's no way that production people would want to risk the exposure of the Final Three teams in the public. The clue we got was VERY vague. It only said, "Bird Nest."  It doesn't says where it is at exactly so we were lucky enough that we got dropped off pretty close to the pit stop.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #339 on: July 31, 2009, 04:03:44 PM »
Good job Luke  :jumpy: :jumpy:

Offline tigellinus

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #340 on: August 01, 2009, 10:33:33 AM »
And I believe based on the way Jaime was describing it to me, she and Cara got dropped off at the black circle, T/V got dropped off at the blue and K/J at the orange...or maybe I have T/V's and K/J's reversed?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #341 on: August 01, 2009, 11:30:22 AM »
Thank you Luke!!

Victor and Tammy  were also dropped off the same place as Luke was, in the yellow circle.

I love that after three whole seasons :lol:  of getting Bird's Nest Stadium spoilers that it finally came true!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline carcdm

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #342 on: August 08, 2009, 02:09:27 PM »
great season.. i'd really like if margie and luke win though

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #343 on: August 11, 2009, 08:33:17 AM »

Aww thanks! I wish we win too! I just wish that the last picture was designed much better   like if starfish was included then I would have known it was the final surfboard puzzle piece.

But now I'm WAY beyond excited about TAR 15!! I already know who I am going to root for :-)

Offline spanishtarfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #344 on: August 13, 2009, 10:12:00 AM »

Aww thanks! I wish we win too! I just wish that the last picture was designed much better   like if starfish was included then I would have known it was the final surfboard puzzle piece.

But now I'm WAY beyond excited about TAR 15!! I already know who I am going to root for :-)

blahblah
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 11:26:05 AM by puddin »

Offline :jerry:

• RFF Sr. Member
  • JTAR Season 1 is on RIGHT NOW!
« Reply #345 on: August 16, 2009, 02:59:47 AM »
Thanks Luke!
I just realized I missed the pit stop when I was looking for it!

Not to get off topic, but did any of the staff told you about another allstars??
Just curious!
Jerry's fantasy game partcipation:
Vic's 4th Race: Jerry and Uycocoa Eliminated
MTAR Season 3: Jerry and Panda (Natasha and Paula) Eliminated

JTAR Season 1 Nanaimo Leg is on right now!

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #346 on: September 08, 2009, 02:58:16 AM »
Was in Beijing for a little while... Thanks Luke for saving me some running around at the Bird's Nest! :jam:

One little thing of note: the NW corner of the Forbidden City is a 5-min walk from the East Gate of Beihai Park, or even less if you run. I think all teams took taxis on this one, and Jaime/Cara had quite a bit of taxi trouble here? It's a pretty silly waste of time and money if only teams had some idea of where they were going...

The stall-owners at Beihai Park are holding up their part of the bargain pretty well, they're giving very non-commital "I don't know" replies when I ask about the race... :lol: But of course there's that little wink that they give to you!