Author Topic: TAR14 EP11:'He Made Me Look Like Alice Cooper'/'No More Mr. Nice Guy'  (Read 150332 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR14 EP11:'He Made Me Look Like Alice Cooper'/'No More Mr. Nice Guy'
« Reply #175 on: April 28, 2009, 11:29:41 AM »
Found the U-Turn clue!

Shana/Jennifer U-Turning TK/Rachel Lorena/Jason. (Oh God, I had to look up the winners' names.)
you rock Neobie!

and Beihai Park, that could be it!

Offline rpierson915

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #176 on: April 28, 2009, 11:37:05 AM »
Just a question, according to the latest preview, could the picture of T/V standing together be at the pit stop? Tammy looks pleasantly surprised and Victor has a big smile on his face.

Offline netjunkbox

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #177 on: April 28, 2009, 11:45:20 AM »
In the preview, Victor and Tammy is the only team not seen with a gnome.  Maybe they are first to the pit stop but have to go back and get the gnome therefore they fall into last place because of this mistake???

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #178 on: April 28, 2009, 11:53:10 AM »
Just a question, according to the latest preview, could the picture of T/V standing together be at the pit stop? Tammy looks pleasantly surprised and Victor has a big smile on his face.
Could be!

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: April 28, 2009, 11:55:34 AM »
In the preview, Victor and Tammy is the only team not seen with a gnome.  Maybe they are first to the pit stop but have to go back and get the gnome therefore they fall into last place because of this mistake???

In previous TAR seasons, one of the general tasks has been to find the gnome.  If this is true, we do not have a location for the gnome hunt. :gnome
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 12:47:43 PM by gator27 »

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #180 on: April 28, 2009, 12:07:01 PM »
Just speculating....

If T/V use the U-turn, I don't see them U-turning M/L.  T/V would mostly like either choose J/C because of the taxi cab issue from the previous night, or more likely K/J since they know that they can not beat K/J in a foot race.  Since TAR final legs sometimes have things involving speed of foot, it might be better for them to U-Turn K/J since T/V seem to be able to out footrace the other remaining teams.  By U-turning K/J, they should be able to guarantee K/J's elimination.  This would benefit them since they know bunching is generally planned for the final leg and they would be the fastest left for any land speed activities by foot.  Not politics, just good strategy.  I could see Victor U-turning K/J and saying "no more mr nice guy".

J/C would most likely U-Turn K/J.  I don't see them U-turning M/L because of the alliance.  I don't think they are going to beat T/V to the U-turn.  But that leaves K/J to U-turn which J/C would feel they are doing M/L a favor.

Offline rpierson915

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #181 on: April 28, 2009, 12:08:59 PM »
In the picture of T/V standing together, you can see the top of the gnome's hat and face in Victor's arms.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #182 on: April 28, 2009, 12:14:26 PM »
:jerry: and cdfe88, maybe you need to make fewer speculations about the meaning of "throw someone under the bus" via U-Turn. It is not a literal statement. It is figurative and its meaning is crystal clear. It means "do something that the other team will interpret as nasty."

I think it is a good idea to briefly think about the literal meaning of "throwing someone under the bus".  In last episode we spend a good deal of time speculating who would U-Turn Kisha & Jen, and it turned out that they kept switching tasks.  Maybe someone will find a bus depot (Google Earth) near the location of the U-Turn sign and the literal meaning might make more sense.

We have to be careful about this theme because we do not want a  :angel: from puddin
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 12:47:07 PM by gator27 »

Offline rpierson915

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #183 on: April 28, 2009, 12:16:23 PM »
Ok, another question. I hope I can ask this is a way that makes sense! In an earlier picture of C/J, where one of them is holding what appears to be either a U-Turn clue or their courtesy of pic, it looks like they are outside on a sidewalk, but the picture of the U-Turn clue box appears to be inside. Does this mean anything? Would it be more likely that C/J were U-Turned and not the ones who U-Turned another team?

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #184 on: April 28, 2009, 12:37:16 PM »
To me, it looks like T/V are at the Roadblock at roughly the same time that K/J and C/J are walking in their make up, so it looks like they have a solid lead and will probably repeat the domination of a leg that we saw in leg 2.

PS. Thanks for the screencaps and script.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #186 on: April 28, 2009, 01:40:04 PM »
I've spent the last half-hour running scenarios in my head, thinking of something -- anything -- that could mean Jaime & Cara are safe in this next upcoming episode.  And all I keep coming around to is the Beijing sighting with them and Margie & Luke, which has me wondering if it is Margie & Luke they're with?

O.M.G.  I am never sharing another spoiler with you all!   :groan: :groan: :groan:

Ashe, I spent ages with this source. All facts have been double and triple checked. Sometimes sources do make mistakes, but as said in the spoiler itself, the source PICKED OUT the teams involved from cast pictures I sent..

But if it makes you happy to think it was Steven and Linda, please, ....be my guest. And what possible difference would it make to C/J anyway?? :pull
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #187 on: April 28, 2009, 01:49:19 PM »
I've spent the last half-hour running scenarios in my head, thinking of something -- anything -- that could mean Jaime & Cara are safe in this next upcoming episode.  And all I keep coming around to is the Beijing sighting with them and Margie & Luke, which has me wondering if it is Margie & Luke they're with?

O.M.G.  I am never sharing another spoiler with you all!   :groan: :groan: :groan:

Ashe, I spent ages with this source. All facts have been double and triple checked. Sometimes sources do make mistakes, but as said in the spoiler itself, the source PICKED OUT the teams involved from cast pictures I sent..

But if it makes you happy to think it was Steven and Linda, please, ....be my guest. And what possible difference would it make to C/J anyway?? :pull

:lol: ..  peach this is one of the reasons I scream " SERENITY NOW!!"

eta: heres where you could download the preview http://www.mediafire.com/?jjtztlxywud
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 01:57:11 PM by puddin »

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #188 on: April 28, 2009, 01:53:15 PM »
Ok, another question. I hope I can ask this is a way that makes sense! In an earlier picture of C/J, where one of them is holding what appears to be either a U-Turn clue or their courtesy of pic, it looks like they are outside on a sidewalk, but the picture of the U-Turn clue box appears to be inside. Does this mean anything? Would it be more likely that C/J were U-Turned and not the ones who U-Turned another team?

I think the clue or pictures or whatever they have, is informing them there is a u-turn...BUT they have to find the u-turn box.  Didn't the description say a team wanders around looking for the u-turn?  Is the u-turn usually to go back and do the other detour task?
That said, I guess it could be C/J u-turned and are looking for the task.  But I think it is more likely they are searching for the box (which we know is inside) so that they can u-turn someone.  Just my opinion.

Offline netjunkbox

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #189 on: April 28, 2009, 02:14:47 PM »
I don't understand why they would be searching for the u-turn box.  wouldn't the u-turn box be in a location where everyone has to pass through and can be easily spotted?  Otherwise, it would be silly to make the teams to search for the u-turn box to see if they got u-turned.

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #190 on: April 28, 2009, 02:20:49 PM »
05/03  He Made Me Look Like Alice Cooper (China)

No More Mr. Nice Guy (China)
This week's U-Turn isn't anonymous but that doesn't stop one team from throwing another under the bus. Racers crunch on fried scorpion among other Chinese critters. Colorful teams wander the Beijing streets for hours in search of a U-Turn, which is right where they started.

COMMUNICATION IS CLEARLY NOT A SKILL THAT THE TEAMS POSSESS IN BEIJING AS THEY DRIFT FURTHER AWAY FROM THEIR DESTINATION IN SEARCH OF A U-TURN, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," MAY 3, ON CBS
"He Made Me Look Like Alice Cooper" (China) - The Racers must eat fried scorpions at a Roadblock, but even the distaste of a scorpion pales in comparison to the cutthroat behavior of a Team that publicly throws another under a bus with a U-Turn, on THE AMAZING RACE 14, Sunday, May 3 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan is host.

They could be looking for the actually u-turn box or the task...I guess it is in how you take the phrase "in search of a u-turn"

ETA: hopefully they aren't wandering for hours just to u-turn someone, would not make sense at all.  So if J/C are indeed searching for the u-turn, I'm afraid it is to do the task.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 02:29:02 PM by littlewop »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #191 on: April 28, 2009, 03:27:59 PM »
In the video we see Margie & Luke and Jen & Kisha in the same shot getting made up.

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #192 on: April 28, 2009, 04:01:39 PM »
 ;D Just throwing this out there...Huguang Guild Hall is known for it's Peking Opera, and has a small museum which may be where the cluebox/U-turn is seen.  Need to do some more searching.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #193 on: April 28, 2009, 04:24:36 PM »
Hello Boingo  :hearts:

So if the clue is about Jamie & Cara which I think it is then the U-Turn must be at which ever opera theatre they were at for the make up taking us back to Neobies note of what the girls are asking on the streets whether its "wen cheng gao" or "ge" or whatever they are saying might help find the opera place?
Colorful teams wander the Beijing streets for hours in search of a U-Turn, which is right where they started.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCXeTAsgVWA
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 04:29:10 PM by puddin »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #194 on: April 28, 2009, 04:56:51 PM »

So if the clue is about Jamie & Cara which I think it is then the U-Turn must be at which ever opera theatre they were at for the make up taking us back to Neobies note of what the girls are asking on the streets whether its "wen cheng gao" or "ge" or whatever they are saying might help find the opera place?
Colorful teams wander the Beijing streets for hours in search of a U-Turn, which is right where they started.

I take it the girls were "U-turned".  So if the cluebox AND U-turn are at the opera museum, then shouldn't the girls do the U-turn first before getting their make-up at the opera hall?  So why are they walking around in makeup looking for the U-turn (location)?  Oh my brain hurts.... :groan:  :funny:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #195 on: April 28, 2009, 04:59:54 PM »

I think my serenity just got destroyed. :lol:

This will take some getting over! Pass the :martini: , I'll take two!!

:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #196 on: April 28, 2009, 05:15:37 PM »

Now that the final 3 can finally be revealed I think I'll join you in that martini peach :beer:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 06:06:24 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #197 on: April 28, 2009, 05:24:28 PM »

I take it the girls were "U-turned".  So if the cluebox AND U-turn are at the opera museum, then shouldn't the girls do the U-turn first before getting their make-up at the opera hall?  So why are they walking around in makeup looking for the U-turn (location)?  Oh my brain hurts.... :groan:  :funny:
wait wait .. the teams only know their is a U-Turn ahead once they complete one of the detours so the girls have completed the makeup detour and are probably handed a clue on completion that stated caution U-Turn ahead and get route info that sends them to the next cluebox/U-Turn box so if they "wander the Beijing streets for hours in search of a U-Turn, which is right where they started" wouldn't they be right back at the opera place? *ouch now my head hurts and am confused as well  :lol: *

NoluckBoston

« Reply #198 on: April 28, 2009, 05:42:47 PM »

Now that the final 3 can finally be revealed I think I'll join you in that martini peach :beer:

I hope i'm not this dumb, But that link does not work. Or is it not suppose too? Its been a long day at the Library.  :stare

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #199 on: April 28, 2009, 05:45:11 PM »
NoLuckboston, I can't comment otherwise but i agree that the link is a phony. Why would puddin do such a thing to RFF members and oustiders who wander in for a peek? I haven't the foggiest idea.