Author Topic: TAR14 EP11:'He Made Me Look Like Alice Cooper'/'No More Mr. Nice Guy'  (Read 150039 times)

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Re: TAR14 EP11:'He Made Me Look Like Alice Cooper'/'No More Mr. Nice Guy'
« Reply #150 on: April 28, 2009, 01:19:33 AM »
WAIT!If u take the preview literally--UNDER THE BUS...could it be teams get thrown under buses for some reason???
like fixing it, or find a clue somewhere under the bus...of course this is a speculation......

and i think i spot a cluebox on the left of the screen where vic was(sitting) eating the delicacies, and tammy was standing on the left??

jerry, I think that cluebox is the one that tells them that they have to eat the Chinese food. It's the Roadblock cluebox.

So maybe this year, we had one "Blind" U-turn and one "Regular" U-turn. After finishing the detour, teams have to find the U-turn sign to get their next clue, whether they U-turn anyone or not. The CBS clues say that "teams" wander far away from this sign, when they were right near it. This might explain why T/V got so far ahead at the roadblock. They finished the "other" detour and didnt U-turn anyone and headed for the roadblock. M/L couldn't U-turn anyone, so they went to the roadblock too. That leaves K/J and J/C wandering around looking for the U-turn sign for a long time, whether they were going to U-turn anyone. They have to go there to get a route marker to tell them where to go next, which is probably the cluebox at the roadblock location.
Matthew 7:15

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #151 on: April 28, 2009, 01:43:22 AM »
So we've determined that the "u-turn clue" possibly contains the "courtesy of" picture.
If this is true we can assume that C/J have the intention of u-turning out of desperation.
It is highly unlikely that they would u-turn M/L so it is either K/J or T/V unless they have
been u-turned themselves.

However it is said that M/L and C/J were seen racing in Hawaii alongside each other.

Taking all this into consideration you could say that we will presumably say bye bye to
T/V or K/J.

M/L FOR THE WIN! C/J AS RUNNERS-UP!!
I HOPE K/J GET PHILIMINATED!! They don't deserve to win!

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #152 on: April 28, 2009, 01:48:13 AM »

However it is said that M/L and C/J were seen racing in Hawaii alongside each other.

Where specificly, is that "said"?

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2009, 02:09:28 AM »
@ Neobie, could there be any place like a nearby 4 - 5 star known brand or branch of hotel/s near the proposed pit stop (Wenchang Ge/ Summer Palace???) that could serve us a production base (Like Sheraton in Guilin?), further intensifying out that the summer palace is indeed the pit stop?

According to my street directory, no. (Why the heck do I have a Beijing street directory?) :duno: The Summer Palace's out of town and no international chains site their hotel there...

I'm not ready to bet on the Summer Palace just yet - there are still a few discrepancies between the vidcaps and the architecture there. First, most antithetical couplets are framed in gold at the Palace, but not in our vidcaps. Second, there's a round door in our vidcaps, and I haven't seen any similar ones at the Palace.

The couplet's not leading us anywhere on Google! *disappointed*

Chateau, are you getting a really early time? Because this looks before 9.30am to me!

Is this chain of conclusions valid?

1. According to the Tokyo spoiler, Tammy/Victor are either first or last in Beijing.
2. There is no Fast Forward on this leg.
3. Peking Opera comes before the eating, which is a Roadblock.
4. Because Tammy/Victor are clean, the Opera is a Detour, and Tammy/Victor were not U-Turned.
5. Victor is quite ahead of Margie near the end of the leg, and has no apparent problems with the food.

Also,
6. Phil did not take the 3.30pm flight to Tokyo to get into Hawaii a day ahead.
7. If Phil eliminates the last team before 12.30pm, he has 3 hours to get that important flight.
8. Will Victor take 3h to eat a starfish, having already passed the Detour and the U-Turn?

So, the question is: are Tammy and Victor first or last? Make a pick! :tup:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 03:36:17 AM by Neobie »

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #154 on: April 28, 2009, 03:39:23 AM »

I'm not ready to bet on the Summer Palace just yet - there are still a few discrepancies between the vidcaps and the architecture there. First, most antithetical couplets are framed in gold at the Palace, but not in our vidcaps. Second, there's a round door in our vidcaps, and I haven't seen any similar ones at the Palace.

Is this chain of conclusions valid?

1. According to the Tokyo spoiler, Tammy/Victor are either first or last in Beijing.
4. Because Tammy/Victor are clean, the Opera is a Detour, and Tammy/Victor were not U-Turned.

Also,
8. Will Victor take 3h to eat a starfish, having already passed the Detour and the U-Turn?

So, the question is: are Tammy and Victor first or last? Make a pick! :tup:

Thanks Neobie! I must say that the image showing Tammy and Victor (Victor eating starfish) seems early to me too, with Margie and Luke's and Kisha and Jen's around midday or before lunchtime...

And I don't think Victor will take 3 hours to eat a starfish though... to quote Vince and Sam in TARA (again for reference) " "We're Chinese, we eat ANYTHING..."  :funny: :lol: Well, for a fact that Chinese people are adventurous eaters (WE SHOULD know...) I don't think they'll have a hard time eating such stuff, especially Victor.

I say Victor and Tammy gets FIRST in Beijing... TAR keeps on reiterating that it will be a shame for them to lose in Beijing well, that's been done the past two episodes, time to turn back the tables!

OH YEAH... SPECULATION... Wouldn't it be logical to say that they're actually first at the RB? I just thought that why'd they seat or eat nearest to the cluebox from the far left?? They sat on the first seats or the stall closest to the RB clue. Any racer would do that if they're first in line + the daylight shows us that it seems to be early too...

ML and KJ seems to be eating at the covered area of the stall... maybe because it's hot as the sun is shining? Remember Margie's mishap at Wat Thep Nimit?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 03:46:40 AM by Mooyou »
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #155 on: April 28, 2009, 03:53:49 AM »

@ Neobie, could there be any place like a nearby 4 - 5 star known brand or branch of hotel/s near the proposed pit stop (Wenchang Ge/ Summer Palace???) that could serve us a production base (Like Sheraton in Guilin?), further intensifying out that the summer palace is indeed the pit stop?

Yes, there is a Sheraton Hotel in Beijing (5 star) and it is 4 km away from the Summer Palace which holds the Wenchang Ge. So is it the pitstop??
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #156 on: April 28, 2009, 03:57:48 AM »

Yes, there is a Sheraton Hotel in Beijing (5 star) and it is 4 km away from the Summer Palace which holds the Wenchang Ge. So is it the pitstop??

Really, then Wenchang Ge Summer Palace might be the pitstop then... And wouldn't it be a packaged deal if they even place another production base at Sheraton??? Coincidence???

But I'm wondering... wouldn't the Summer Palace be such a huge complex to field a pitstop - but still... This scavenger hunt for the pitstop made me so much more eager to go to Beijing... :( The Summer Palace looks so nice...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 04:14:00 AM by Mooyou »

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #157 on: April 28, 2009, 04:17:26 AM »
Just a speculation again...

Could the pitstop be at Beihai Park instead of the Summer Palace???

Just the links I saw, They have a similar color pattern...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/patrickdormischian/2768264435/in/photostream/

http://www.beihaipark.com.cn/en/scene/north-3.htm
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 04:29:06 AM by Mooyou »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #158 on: April 28, 2009, 04:28:01 AM »
Found the U-Turn clue!

Shana/Jennifer U-Turning TK/Rachel Lorena/Jason. (Oh God, I had to look up the winners' names.)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 04:56:21 AM by Neobie »

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #159 on: April 28, 2009, 04:29:48 AM »
Great find Neobie!

Why didn't I get to see that??? Well, it was rather hidden and looked like a detour...

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #160 on: April 28, 2009, 04:34:32 AM »
HEY GUYS... Check this one out...
http://www.beihaipark.com.cn/en/scene/north-4.htm

There seems to be something called "rockeries" at Beihai Park...

or this one...

http://www.beihaipark.com.cn/en/scene/north-5.htm

There are rocks with intricate patterns... I couldn't find the Buddha though...

http://www.beihaipark.com.cn/en/scene/north-8.htm
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 04:55:56 AM by Mooyou »

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #161 on: April 28, 2009, 04:37:34 AM »
Found the U-Turn clue!

Shana/Jennifer U-Turning TK/Rachel. (Oh God, I had to look up the winners' names.)

Cool. And I only wish they U-Turned TK/Rachel (Lorena/Jason getting U-Turned :( :()

So possibly:

Cara/Jaime U-Turn someone. However, has it been said somewhere that someone is indeed U-Turned? What if (may sound crazy) J/C in a moment of desparation, U-Turn M/L because they could be the only team that they see while doing the Detour? However M/L are actually ahead, hence the U-Turn is null & void? (a la Kynt/Vyxsin in Mumbai) Just spec though. :duno:

PS: I really hope Kisha/Jen make the Final 3. :P
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 04:41:43 AM by Raymond »
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #162 on: April 28, 2009, 05:11:31 AM »

Found the U-Turn clue!

That clue, that there is a U-Turn ahead, is probably in the envelope that Phil hands out at the TBC mat along with the directions to the detour and the HOO bunching. They have to finish the detour and then FIND the U-turn sign to get the next route info envelope. In the first Siberian leg, in Krasnoyarsk, either the guy at the wood pile or the girl in the house they put the shutters on, gave them the clue to the U-Turn sign/route marker. If you remember, it was back near the center of that hamlet behind a tall fence. I suspect that U-Turn sign in Beijing will be similarily hidden between the two detour options.

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #163 on: April 28, 2009, 06:26:20 AM »
I agree with Mooyou, It is Beihai Park. First of all, It is MUCH closer to the roadblock than the summer's palace. Also there are pictures that look similar to the confessions.

This first picture looks like Kisha's and Jen if you look at the tree on the right.

The second one looks like Margie and Luke's because it is near a lake and also it has the plaques in the confessions.

This will also probably be a 24 hour pitstop because the hours of operation are 6am-10pm and the inner island is 8:30-6. So I guess Phil left and got the same flight at Tammy and Victor because they spend all the time film the confessions and interviews and stuff like that.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #164 on: April 28, 2009, 06:45:30 AM »
And the color pattern of Beihai Park matches more to the pictures that we have with Margie and Luke and Jaime and Cara's...

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #165 on: April 28, 2009, 06:55:09 AM »
:jerry: and cdfe88, maybe you need to make fewer speculations about the meaning of "throw someone under the bus" via U-Turn. It is not a literal statement. It is figurative and its meaning is crystal clear. It means "do something that the other team will interpret as nasty."

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #166 on: April 28, 2009, 07:04:17 AM »
slayton and David Junior,
How many Amazing Race eating challenges have you seen? I can think of only two that I considered to be "fun". That was AR10 in Morocco where there were lamb kabobs and ARA1 in India where it was a Bengali feast. All other eating challenges are "nasty", some worse than others. Now, Peking duck is one of the most delicious meals you could ever have (that's why that name is famous and instantly recognizable around the world). The odds of having a "fun" meal for an eating challenge are quite low. In fact, the previews have shown that starfish is on the menu. Sounds yummy, doesn't it?

Where is Andrew Zimmern when we need him as an eating instructor?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 08:15:05 AM by apskip »

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #167 on: April 28, 2009, 07:39:55 AM »
And the color pattern of Beihai Park matches more to the pictures that we have with Margie and Luke and Jaime and Cara's...

I think you are on to something here, Mooyou. If you will look at the pics of J/C and M/L in post #69 in this thread, you will see behind them, that there is a round door. Find that round door and you have found the Pit Stop for sure. You do not need to run the video, just look in the background of the still photo.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #168 on: April 28, 2009, 08:55:32 AM »
I've spent the last half-hour running scenarios in my head, thinking of something -- anything -- that could mean Jaime & Cara are safe in this next upcoming episode.  And all I keep coming around to is the Beijing sighting with them and Margie & Luke, which has me wondering if it is Margie & Luke they're with?
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

DavidJunior

« Reply #169 on: April 28, 2009, 10:18:48 AM »
slayton and David Junior,
How many Amazing Race eating challenges have you seen? I can think of only two that I considered to be "fun". That was AR10 in Morocco where there were lamb kabobs and ARA1 in India where it was a Bengali feast. All other eating challenges are "nasty", some worse than others. Now, Peking duck is one of the most delicious meals you could ever have (that's why that name is famous and instantly recognizable around the world). The odds of having a "fun" meal for an eating challenge are quite low. In fact, the previews have shown that starfish is on the menu. Sounds yummy, doesn't it?

Where is Andrew Zimmern when we need him as an eating instructor?

i think we were thinking more along the lines of you have to pick up a certain amount of ducks (live?) and then transport them to a disclosed location.  and to possibly make it harder for some of the teams (not T/V, which is why they do it), have the address and directions in chinese only (whether its actual chinese characters or they've just been spelled out phonetically)

all in all, i agree. having an easy/fun eating option (eating peking duck) would be idiotic and lame.  it'd be even worse to have it and then another eating task as the roadblock

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #170 on: April 28, 2009, 10:21:37 AM »
Did you guys see this? thanks CBS

The Amazing Race - Stomach The Challenge Four teams are left to battle it out for the money

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #171 on: April 28, 2009, 10:26:01 AM »
I think that it might have to do with sending stuff around, probably not duck because if you've been to Beijing, you probably won't see many ducks on the street. For the locations of the Make Up detour could it be in the National Centre for the Performing Arts? It is nearby and it did have Operas there (i know there was one on the 20th for sure but it was a night). So what do you think?

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #172 on: April 28, 2009, 10:38:19 AM »
Woah! Video not available in my country.

Could somebody describe it please? If thats at all possible?

Offline 2old4tech

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #173 on: April 28, 2009, 11:03:00 AM »
Did you guys see this? thanks CBS

The partners apply make-up to each other.  So...either Margie or Tammy for the title "He made me look like Alice Cooper", but we see no make-up on T&V.  It must be Margie.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #174 on: April 28, 2009, 11:07:46 AM »
Phil: this leg of the race is not over you are still racing
Cara in cab with with route clue: were not done racing
Kisha and Jen walking in makeup with gnome in hand
VO: with 2 episodes left the teams must push their limits
Luke tells mom to stop moving as he applies makeup with the gnome in view
Marge: you yell at me again and I'm finished
VO: make hard choices
Kisha and Jen in a cab at night
Tammy & Vic at the Roadblock area : oh my gosh!
female (Margie?): U-Turn
shots of the U-turn and cluebox inside maybe a theatre? museum?
Cara and Jamie not in makeup carrying the gnome: this is how you lose the race I think were screwed so
shot of Margie & Luke in makeup on the street
VO: and stomach the challenge
Victor:  even the larva is really chewey
Kisha to Jen: does it taste like chicken?

« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 11:52:18 AM by puddin »