Author Topic: TAR14 EP11:'He Made Me Look Like Alice Cooper'/'No More Mr. Nice Guy'  (Read 150022 times)

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR14 EP11:'He Made Me Look Like Alice Cooper'/'No More Mr. Nice Guy'
« Reply #125 on: April 27, 2009, 07:14:09 PM »
Just based on the previews, if one detour is called "Peking/Beijing Opera," then I'm going to guess that the other just might be "Peking/Beijing Duck."

If it really is "Peking/Beijing Duck," then I'm thinking that teams might have to deliver ducks or something to a restaurant where the address is written only in Chinese characters.  (Since the Roadblock is an eating challenge, I doubt that the other detour would also be an eating challenge.)

Opera seems to be the safe, but slow option, while the other one is likely to be the difficult but potentially faster option.

If this turns out to be the case, then it's obvious why Tammy & Victor--who seem to have no opera make-up on--would choose a detour that would allow them to use their Chinese-language skills, while the other teams all decided to do "Peking/Beijing Opera."

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #126 on: April 27, 2009, 07:23:36 PM »
I think puddin posted this earlier, but if you need to see it again...

Next week's description from CBS:

COMMUNICATION IS CLEARLY NOT A SKILL THAT THE TEAMS POSSESS IN BEIJING AS THEY DRIFT FURTHER AWAY FROM THEIR DESTINATION IN SEARCH OF A U-TURN, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," MAY 3, ON CBS

"He Made Me Look Like Alice Cooper" (China) - The Racers must eat fried scorpions at a Roadblock, but even the distaste of a scorpion pales in comparison to the cutthroat behavior of a Team that publicly throws another under a bus with a U-Turn, on THE AMAZING RACE 14, Sunday, May 3 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan is host.

If this was posted earlier, I apologize. I didn't see it.

After last nights episode, while we don't know the order that the remaining 3 times arrive at the pit stop, my SPECULATION is that they will arrive in the order that they finished the detour.  That said, it makes sense to me that Tammy & Victor could possibly u-turn Kisha & Jen.  T/V most likely choose a different detour than the others (no make-up).  They could finish the task quicker than the other 3 (specualted my many posters here that T/V seem to be ahead at roadblock).  They could assume since they started in 3rd, that there is a good chance the only team behind them is J/K, so that is who they U-turn.  HENCE, the throwing someone under the bus, since T/V and K/J are on relatively good terms still.
Just MHO, and speculation only.
                                                 :duno:

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #127 on: April 27, 2009, 07:33:05 PM »
You might have something there, Littlewop.  Perhaps Tammy & Victor U-Turn LaKisha & Jen in an attempt to survive that might prove unnecessary.  We just don't know.

Belle Book

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #128 on: April 27, 2009, 07:48:13 PM »
Whatever happens with the U-Turn is fine I guess.  Just as long as Tammy/Victor don't fall into 4th.  The fate of the big day the following week depends on their survival!  Apart from that, as mentioned, it would be pretty embarrassing for them to finish 4th here.  Although IMO it wouldn't be the end of the world.  The runners-up in TAR's 1, 2, and 5 didn't win when they had the "home city advantage".

Back to the U-Turn: It's pretty new, but I often wondered if, say, a team got a read on the competition, and following that, they felt that they were about to be U-Turned.  Unless it's against the rules, I would take a chance and do the other detour immediately.  The U-Turning team wouldn't know what hit them when they lose the leg by seconds (when they thought they had a nice advantage against the U-Turned team).
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #129 on: April 27, 2009, 07:49:51 PM »
Phil's blog:

Margie-Luke vs. Kisha-Jen continues to fester.  They aren't putting aside their differences, which could definitely come into play as they head into the final two legs.  As we've seen in all the seasons, it's essential to try and ignore personal feelings when you get to this point in the race. If you don't, you'll definitely lose focus and make mistakes.

With two all female teams heading into the final two legs, do you think we could finally - after 14 seasons - have an all girl team win the Race?

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/04/phil-keoghan--1.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #130 on: April 27, 2009, 08:08:20 PM »
I'm a bit confused here as to why people are writing off Kisha and Jen so early, based off there confessionals.

Feel free to correct me here, but how do we know those confessionals aren't from some sort of leveller that we see in the next episode?

(If you look at the TBC legs, most of them have some sort of equalizer that also functions to give the teams a break.)

And I'd be very mistaken if I didn't think that there are lots of places that have rocks.

Feel free to explain exactly why I'm wrong.
Thats what we are trying to figure out Coutzy as well as find the confessional place which you are all welcomed to help find.

Red smudge? traces of red makeup? does Cara have a moustache? ( not really, sorry Cara!)

and on the U-Turn from wiki:
Season 14 introduced a new variation of the U-Turn called a "Blind U-Turn" which eliminates the "Courtesy Of" photo, effectively hiding the identity of the team that issued the U-Turn. Teams are still only allowed to use the U-Turn power once during the race.

I'm still looking thru past episodes for a yellow U-Turn clue if anyone wants to help please do.

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #131 on: April 27, 2009, 08:16:59 PM »
My speculation:

- Detour: Make-up (Alice Copper task) or Make-down???
 - U-turn: T/V on C/J or K/J
 - Roadblock: Eating Chinese delicacy

I don't think they would have the detour after the roadblock in this crucial leg
if there is going to be a u-turn.

Whoever u-turn's may get some bad karma...like BJ and Tyler or Dustin and Kandice (TWICE).

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #132 on: April 27, 2009, 08:39:25 PM »
My speculation:

- Detour: Make-up (Alice Copper task) or Make-down???
 - U-turn: T/V on C/J or K/J
 - Roadblock: Eating Chinese delicacy

I don't think they would have the detour after the roadblock in this crucial leg
if there is going to be a u-turn.

Whoever u-turn's may get some bad karma...like BJ and Tyler or Dustin and Kandice (TWICE).

I think your take on the detour and u-turn sound good. 
Make down... something involving ducks maybe?

NoluckBoston

« Reply #133 on: April 27, 2009, 08:44:37 PM »
To follow up on Pudden's comment. I see red/pink smudge on her shirt too.

Is there any possibility that the sighting of Tammy and Victor where just them, eliminated, headed to the finish line with Phil?

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #134 on: April 27, 2009, 09:20:41 PM »
Just to clear up some misconception about TAR 5. All the final 3 teams were from Texas. So they all had "home state advantage'" if you want to call it that. None of them were from the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Chip/Kym were raised, went to school, got married and lived in Houston (4 hour drive to DFW), till their late 30's, when they moved to California. Chip has said they only lived in Ca for 5-6 years. They were 45 approx when they won TAR5. So actually, they had more of a home field advantage than Colin/Christie, since Houston is closer to Dallas then Corpus Christi (6.5/7 hour drive to DFW). Brandon and Nicole were both from the Houston area also.

The runners-up in TAR's 1, 2, and 5 didn't win when they had the "home city advantage".

« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 02:51:45 AM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #135 on: April 27, 2009, 09:45:20 PM »
Good to know, thanks.  The many mentions, however, in terms of this was based upon the racers current locations.  But it's not a big deal anyway.  Regardless, it would suck, IMO, if T/V came in last in this part of the race, since they're pretty familiar with the area.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #136 on: April 27, 2009, 09:57:41 PM »
I added the Brandon/Nicole info (above) since you posted, I agree with you, btw, it means nothing. I just see it used to much by people saying there is some statistical value for it. All people know mostly is the biographical date that CBS puts up for the race. The first time I heard Chip talk, I knew he was from Texas.....SE Texas to be more exact....lol
Matthew 7:15

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
Re: TAR14 EP11: 'He Made Me Look Like Alice Cooper'
« Reply #137 on: April 27, 2009, 10:53:26 PM »

Oh yeah, Chateau, could you also comment on the times Tammy/Victor and Kisha and Jen were doing the roadblock?? Thanks so much for looking into this leg!

Show me the shots.  I'll see what I can do.

Hi Chateau, the pictures are in the first two pages I think... we can see Victor eating during the roadblock, while Tammy's watching them, the street has no cars, and the atmosphere looks like it's the break of dawn...

Kisha and Jen looks like in midday... Kisha having a white face, while Jen is eating...
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #138 on: April 27, 2009, 11:14:44 PM »

and on the U-Turn from wiki:
Season 14 introduced a new variation of the U-Turn called a "Blind U-Turn" which eliminates the "Courtesy Of" photo, effectively hiding the identity of the team that issued the U-Turn. Teams are still only allowed to use the U-Turn power once during the race.

I'm still looking thru past episodes for a yellow U-Turn clue if anyone wants to help please do.

puddin, I have viewed the U-TURN screens, but we can't see one, the other time we saw a U-TURN from the previous seasons, was Lorena and Jason's in S12, as S13 did not have a usage at all... I did not see anything at all...

This season, Margie and Luke u-turning Amanda and Kris, I didn't see anything at all either from Amanda and Kris, after they said... "shady, shady..." they went back to the stack detour...

I'm having hints and speculations that this U-TURN might have a different mechanics... (like another task instead of another detour... but that would look like a speed bump more...) I'm confused...

About Cara's confessional, it seems that all of their confessionals look like at the REAL pit stop itself too... Cara's shirt have red smudges, and they for one look so stressed out as well. Her face also looks whiter than usual, I just don't know with the lighting...

----
@ littlewop, your speculation makes sense, as Victor and Tammy and Kisha and Jen are in good terms... but we'll just find out soon enough...

@ Neobie, could there be any place like a nearby 4 - 5 star known brand or branch of hotel/s near the proposed pit stop (Wenchang Ge/ Summer Palace???) that could serve us a production base (Like Sheraton in Guilin?), further intensifying out that the summer palace is indeed the pit stop?

« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 11:23:04 PM by Mooyou »

DavidJunior

« Reply #139 on: April 27, 2009, 11:41:57 PM »
Just based on the previews, if one detour is called "Peking/Beijing Opera," then I'm going to guess that the other just might be "Peking/Beijing Duck."

If it really is "Peking/Beijing Duck," then I'm thinking that teams might have to deliver ducks or something to a restaurant where the address is written only in Chinese characters.  (Since the Roadblock is an eating challenge, I doubt that the other detour would also be an eating challenge.)

Opera seems to be the safe, but slow option, while the other one is likely to be the difficult but potentially faster option.

If this turns out to be the case, then it's obvious why Tammy & Victor--who seem to have no opera make-up on--would choose a detour that would allow them to use their Chinese-language skills, while the other teams all decided to do "Peking/Beijing Opera."

if the other detour does happen to be peking duck, could that be what cara/jaime are looking for in the promo?

which would mean that they are, in fact, the team that is u-turned.

they do the easier peking opera task first, get u-turned and have to go and do the peking duck task and get lost

which to me, doesn't look so hot for jaime/cara

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #140 on: April 27, 2009, 11:45:35 PM »
I'll add this past insider clip as a fwiw

Anticipating a U-turn soon, the sibling lawyers discuss who they would use it on
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxkrQqauvwc&feature=fvsr

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #141 on: April 27, 2009, 11:49:16 PM »
Plus don't forget in last night's episode, Tammy mentioned she's scared of Jaime. Who wouldn't be?
Just here to visit.

Offline Andrew

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #142 on: April 28, 2009, 12:07:43 AM »
I think that the clue of U-turn on Cara's hand might be the picture of "courtesy of" that they have to put on the U-turn.
I remember when Oswald and Danny Yield Danielle and Eric They had an envelod that said Yield that contain their "courtesy of" picture

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #143 on: April 28, 2009, 12:14:11 AM »
If Cara is holding the U-Turn clue are they U-Turned!?

And it goes with the clue!!
COMMUNICATION IS CLEARLY NOT A SKILL THAT THE TEAMS POSSESS IN BEIJING AS THEY DRIFT FURTHER AWAY FROM THEIR DESTINATION IN SEARCH OF A U-TURN

Either Tammy & Victor ... no, it's Tammy & Victor. Kisha/Jen and Margie/Luke would U-Turn each other. And M/L can't use it again anyway. So, it's most likely T/V.

Maybe it's Jaime/Cara who are eliminated at the end of this leg.

I've looked through past episodes with u-turns and can't seem to locate a u-turn clue. I have two theories:

1. It contains there "courtesy of" picture, they get pre-race.
2. The U-turn forces the other team member to complete the roadblock, so they get these instructions to do so.

Offline Andrew

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #144 on: April 28, 2009, 12:14:59 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ePhxzNXd0k&feature=PlayList&p=B3DD9FA47CAA8500&index=0&playnext=1

this is the link to the video at the 3:43 oswald put away a envelop of a yield

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #145 on: April 28, 2009, 12:16:29 AM »
They have to carry those courtesy of pictures with them at all times right? One season a team lost theirs and couldn't Yield another team if I'm recalling it right.

And thanks Mooyou, I guess that yellow U-Turn clue is something we never thought to ask the racers about. Could be that Cara and Jamie are just looking for the U-Turn box to U-Turn another team and did a Lazurus.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 28, 2009, 12:17:47 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ePhxzNXd0k&feature=PlayList&p=B3DD9FA47CAA8500&index=0&playnext=1

this is the link to the video at the 3:43 oswald put away a envelop of a yield

hehe...you linked my video :)

Offline Andrew

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #147 on: April 28, 2009, 12:20:13 AM »
yes they have to carry the picture

the team that loose it was MoJo when Bj-Tyler yield them
also the bowling moms

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #148 on: April 28, 2009, 12:24:04 AM »
They have to carry those courtesy of pictures with them at all times right? One season a team lost theirs and couldn't Yield another team if I'm recalling it right.

And thanks Mooyou, I guess that yellow U-Turn clue is something we never thought to ask the racers about. Could be that Cara and Jamie are just looking for the U-Turn box to U-Turn another team and did a Lazurus.

You're most welcome puddin!  :hearts: :hearts:

just another example of teams bringing all their courtesy pictures, If I could recall in TARA3 (just a reference though) Ida and Tania were supposed to U-TURN Geoff and Tisha, but lost their courtesy of photos, thus could not U-turn at all...

Offline :jerry:

• RFF Sr. Member
  • JTAR Season 1 is on RIGHT NOW!
« Reply #149 on: April 28, 2009, 12:45:17 AM »
WAIT!If u take the preview literally--UNDER THE BUS...could it be teams get thrown under buses for some reason???
like fixing it, or find a clue somewhere under the bus...of course this is a speculation......

and i think i spot a cluebox on the left of the screen where vic was(sitting) eating the delicacies, and tammy was standing on the left??
Jerry's fantasy game partcipation:
Vic's 4th Race: Jerry and Uycocoa Eliminated
MTAR Season 3: Jerry and Panda (Natasha and Paula) Eliminated

JTAR Season 1 Nanaimo Leg is on right now!