Author Topic: TAR14 EP11:'He Made Me Look Like Alice Cooper'/'No More Mr. Nice Guy'  (Read 150034 times)

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TAR14 EP11:'He Made Me Look Like Alice Cooper'/'No More Mr. Nice Guy'
« Reply #275 on: May 03, 2009, 01:56:51 PM »
The TAR commerical at 2:27 has the clue turned toward the camera.  This seems to be the instructions given at the TBC mat since C/J are in at taxi at night.  I can't read it even stepping thru it.  Can anyone else pick it out?

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #276 on: May 03, 2009, 01:57:40 PM »
Thanks Puddin, when I tried to magnify it was too grainy, but I can see clearly in your enlargement that it is them!
I was looking at the one circled that was seated, I couldn't get a clear view of them standing.

Since K/J and M/L are doing makeup for the Opera detour at roughly the same time, do we have an hours of operation equalizer in the TBC clue provided at the mat?

To me it looks like K/J have already completed their makeup and only need to put on the headdresses.  M/L are still working on the makeup.  But that would make perfect sense if there was an hours of operation lag.  K/J finishing their makeup before M/L would also make sense, because I am sure that Luke has NEVER had to deal with makeup application before.  It would also make sense that C/J have already completed their make up, dressed and left for the remainder of the task while K/J and M/L are still struggling with the make up.  So the order of leaving from the makeup / dressup portion of the Opera detour would be C/L, K/J, then M/L.  T/V are doing something else.

It appears the J/C remove their makeup at some point.  You can see the remainders on their face near their hair lines in the taxi cab shot.

Everything you said makes perfect sense.  Since a gnome is seen with them at the detour, I wonder if there is a seperate location to retrieve the gnome, a general task, and possibly that provides a HOO equalizer.  Aren't they usually sent to either a building or some locale that they have to search for the gnomes?   Wasn't it on an island once that they had to take a boat to?
Since T/V seem to be at the roadblock in the early morning, I would guess a very early morning opening somewhere.  That would also give the teams a bit of a rest after the swimming detour from the first half of the TBC.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #277 on: May 03, 2009, 02:45:46 PM »
I don't see any makeup littlewop just regular makeup

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #278 on: May 03, 2009, 02:48:21 PM »
It wasn't me that said it puddin', it was FLFan, but I have to agree with you, I can't really spot the make up either.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #279 on: May 03, 2009, 02:55:06 PM »
The TAR commerical at 2:27 has the clue turned toward the camera.  This seems to be the instructions given at the TBC mat since C/J are in at taxi at night.  I can't read it even stepping thru it.  Can anyone else pick it out?
Nope I've played it over and over.. the problem is Cara is shaking it sorry!

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #280 on: May 03, 2009, 02:59:03 PM »
I've searched and can't find any pics of Jaime & Cara at the roadblock.  Are there some posted here?  I know Dr. Rox said in an earlier post that it is Jaime that does the roadblock but I don't remember seeing pics of it.  Am I just missing them?  Could someone kindly give me a nudge in the right direction?  Thank you! :groan:

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #281 on: May 03, 2009, 03:00:24 PM »
I don't see any makeup littlewop just regular makeup
[IMG]

Guess you are right, it is just pale skin in the early morning light and the way the light is bouncing off their hair that makes it look like makeup leftovers.  So I guess they don't remove their makeup after the opera task.  mea culpa.

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #282 on: May 03, 2009, 03:02:20 PM »
Nope I've played it over and over.. the problem is Cara is shaking it sorry!

Thought it was just me and my TV.  Oh, well.  I will keep DVRing the golf and go check it every so often.  If I see anything I will post the time.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #283 on: May 03, 2009, 03:12:17 PM »
oops sorry about that littlewop and thanks FLFan although I think were more likely to see Survivor inserts than TAR.
So I'll make some guess's as well
For sure some sort of hours of op to find the gnomes
I'll guess Cara & Jamie know that Luke and Marge and behind and or neck and neck with Jen & Kisha and its the cheerleaders that U-Turn the sisters for payback ,,, Luke and Marge U-Turned Kris and Amanda to help Marge & Luke yadda yadda
Tammy & Vic team #1
Jamie & Cara team #2
Marge & Luke 3rd
The Sisters eliminated.

these are guess's I have no idea who U-Turns who or for sure the placings of the top 3 teams.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #284 on: May 03, 2009, 03:28:50 PM »
I am still puzzled by seeing J/C with a U-turn clue.

You normally get a U-turn clue at the U-turn box, right? Otherwise the regular clue says Caution , U turn ahead.

Anyone with ideas on that?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 05:39:05 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #285 on: May 03, 2009, 03:48:46 PM »

You normally get a U-turn clue at the U-turn box, right? Otherwise the regular clue says Caution , you turn ahead.

As far as I know there's no "U-Turn" clue, I think the "clue" you saw is the sticker envelope
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #286 on: May 03, 2009, 03:49:47 PM »
Found the U-Turn clue!

Shana/Jennifer U-Turning TK/Rachel Lorena/Jason. (Oh God, I had to look up the winners' names.)

I can't see where Shana & Jen pulled the detour envelope from ..
They get the clue after they complete the detour then note caution U-Turn ahead then find the U-Turn box and do the nasty to Lorena and Jason then go over the the cluebox where they find get the next clue that takes them to the roadblock yadda yadda

about the 21 minute mark http://www.tarwaddict.net/us12e04.htm

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #287 on: May 03, 2009, 03:50:08 PM »

You normally get a U-turn clue at the U-turn box, right? Otherwise the regular clue says Caution , you turn ahead.

The only way I can think to explain it is when they finish the detour they are handed a clue.  This clue should take them to the next clue which is also the u-turn location.  Maybe what they are holding is their "courtesy of" photo, which was given to them along with the clue and the warning caution u-turn ahead.
The only other explanation is that they were the team that was u-turned and they are searching for the task.  But if they are searching that long, and still have to do the task, then you'd expect them to be eliminated, which we know they aren't.  Unless Kisha & Jen get a penality, I don't see how with the searching and the doing of the u-turn J/C would beat them.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #288 on: May 03, 2009, 03:54:55 PM »
if anyone wants to go for it ... "make your way to ....

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #289 on: May 03, 2009, 04:01:34 PM »

I don't think you are looking at the right ad.  I believe the 2:27 EDST ad had the clue in Jaime's hand being held fairly still, not being shaking by Cara.

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #290 on: May 03, 2009, 04:03:33 PM »
could the last 3 words be gnome hiding there?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #291 on: May 03, 2009, 04:15:26 PM »

I don't think you are looking at the right ad.  I believe the 2:27 EDST ad had the clue in Jaime's hand being held fairly still, not being shaking by Cara.

Make your way to the next pitstop .. The North Gate ...Drum Tower .. (already noted up thread)

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #292 on: May 03, 2009, 04:22:37 PM »

Make your way to the next pitstop .. The North Gate ...Drum Tower .. (already noted up thread)

Thanks.  I was / am confused as to why they would show a clue for the TBC pit stop when advertising tonight's show  - other than the fact that 3 teams had not arrived before the TBC screen.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #293 on: May 03, 2009, 04:35:12 PM »
Well they just aired a longer version.. looks like Luke & Marge are lost in the streets as well .. Marge says "I think like were screwed so uhh .."

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #294 on: May 03, 2009, 04:47:16 PM »
I predict that everyone...except Tammy & Victor, will have some difficulties tonight...my Magic (pink) 8 Ball has spoken
                                                         :jumpy:

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #295 on: May 03, 2009, 04:53:06 PM »
My thoughts on "No More Mr. Nice Guy".

The four teams are going to bunch up in the morning beacuse of an HOO.

C/J and M/L are going to look to Tammy and Victor for help on the leg.  Somewhere along the leg T/V are going to ditch their friends.  Hence, No More Mr. Nice Guy. 

T/V are going to dominate this leg so much they are going to eventually leave China hours before the other teams. ( and no, that doesn't necessarily mean they arrive at the final destination airport earler)

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #296 on: May 03, 2009, 05:05:59 PM »
I'm gonna guess that clue says "Make your way to the new *something something* (my guess is Peking Man  :funny:) and search for your next clue."
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #297 on: May 03, 2009, 05:32:16 PM »
I'm gonna guess that clue says "Make your way to the new *something something* (my guess is Peking Man  :funny:) and search for your next clue."
:lol: I was thinking bejing maui but that makes no sense either
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 05:58:13 PM by puddin »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #298 on: May 03, 2009, 05:48:53 PM »
The only way I can think to explain it is when they finish the detour they are handed a clue.  This clue should take them to the next clue which is also the u-turn location.  Maybe what they are holding is their "courtesy of" photo, which was given to them along with the clue and the warning caution u-turn ahead.
The only other explanation is that they were the team that was u-turned and they are searching for the task.  But if they are searching that long, and still have to do the task, then you'd expect them to be eliminated, which we know they aren't.  Unless Kisha & Jen get a penality, I don't see how with the searching and the doing of the u-turn J/C would beat them.

It is the "courtesy of" photo, which is given to them at the start of the race. Cara/Jaime intend to U-Turn someone, but they'd only be able to do so if they manage to haul ass back to the Guild Hall to that clue box.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #299 on: May 03, 2009, 05:59:02 PM »
In an hour we will know all  :jumpy: :jumpy:

eta: No flights/airport scramble to look forward to hate!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 06:12:16 PM by puddin »