Author Topic: The shoving incident...  (Read 14960 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The shoving incident...
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2009, 02:10:29 PM »
I understand your POV, but from my side it was clearly overreation from M/L.. but you are right too mswood. :)
I do agree that all teams overreacted (especially as the day went along).  I just see Jen's rude comment being the action that was inconsistent with typical race behavior.  For example there is in that episode one contact between Tammy & Mark.  Yet how would you have reacted to that if Mark called Tammy a bitch?  I think many would have found that out of line.  And if so that same should apply in this situation.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2009, 08:39:19 PM »
Maybe the racers are taking after certain Survivor episode titles...

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2009, 09:13:10 PM »
This was mentioned in the episode thread, but I thought a reply would be better here:
The thumb tucked into the palm can't be a coincidence: she's signing B/Bitch. Margie, in her two-tone jacket, can be seen behind the tree hurrying to catch up with Luke, who stepped away to the right. I'm not conspiracy-minded, I don't think the bad blood was staged by production, so if we take the editing at face value then Luke didn't see it go down (Margie told him in the taxi). It also leaves the interesting question of where Jen got her word skills.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2009, 10:13:21 PM »
It's barely possible that Jen got hers from whoever was teaching Phil. And that might have been Margie herself at pit stops.

Offline dawnd

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Daughtry Fan!
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2009, 01:07:00 PM »
Let me preface my comments by saying that I am a sign language interpreter for the Deaf. I admit I am biased, and obviously a HUGE M/L fan! So... think about this... For his whole life, Luke has depended on his eyes and what he can see for communication and interpreting the outside world. I have witnessed the nasty comments and mockery of many toward Deaf individuals and so it was completely reasonable for him and Margie to take it the wrong way when K/J were laughing. That is what they are used to dealing with. I am beyond impressed at the strength with which they are running this race given what he misses via hearing that so many others catch and don't even realize they catch. I found K/J to be nasty toward him and unwilling to admit that Jen did in fact start the whole mess. Having said that, this was all stress related, not a big deal, and should have been dropped right away. Both teams overreacted! GO MARGIE AND LUKE! ILY!!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2009, 08:40:07 AM »
I have a thought about what would have happened if the protagonist were Jaime instead of Jen. I would have loved to see Luke trying to elbow her and push her around! I'll bet he would have received a prompt and decisive response.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2009, 11:05:30 AM »
I get the feeling that If J/C were involved, it would have been dropped straight away.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2009, 11:08:18 AM »
Jaime would have ripped Luke's face off. Then she would have ripped Margie's heart out. Then she would have yelled at a cab driver. End of story.
Just here to visit.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2009, 12:04:29 PM »
Jaime would have ripped Luke's face off. Then she would have ripped Margie's heart out. Then she would have yelled at a cab driver. End of story.
And then she would have taken on Nina Tassler and died...

Which gives me an idea for TAR 16 - the network executive edition.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2009, 12:25:12 PM »

Amazing Race: Champions Edition would be better (Special wild card entries for Romber and Colin and Christie, because, lets face it, people would pay to see those two teams go head to head.)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2009, 04:06:16 PM »

Amazing Race: Champions Edition would be better (Special wild card entries for Romber and Colin and Christie, because, lets face it, people would pay to see those two teams go head to head.)
Special Wild Card entries: the whiny four: Lenny & Karyn, Johnathan & Victoria, Meredith & Gretchen, Tammy & Victor
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline PunkyPoo

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2009, 10:16:43 PM »
I hated the way that Margie and Luke seemed to carry a grudge. But then again, maybe Kisha and Jen dropped it so fast and "moved on" because they knew they were in the wrong. I mean pushing at the clue box (admittedly unclear) and laughing at the pit stop? Maybe they knew they were wrong.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2009, 04:52:19 AM »
I hated the way that Margie and Luke seemed to carry a grudge. But then again, maybe Kisha and Jen dropped it so fast and "moved on" because they knew they were in the wrong. I mean pushing at the clue box (admittedly unclear) and laughing at the pit stop? Maybe they knew they were wrong.

Your comment seemed as if Kisha and Jen were in the wrong. But then again you seemed to think that Margie and Luke had a vengence going on. So... is your opinion more of both teams are in the wrong, or is it that Kisha and Jen are to be more at fault? ???