Author Topic: I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!  (Read 32768 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2009, 09:46:50 PM »
I caught a little bit of this show and was wondering if anyone was really enjoying it.  I guess not. :lol:

But it does get darker earlier in Costa Rica this time of year.  Darkness also depends on north and south location.  Kind of like Alaska having lots of light in the summer.  Also, in the summer it stays lighter longer in Minnesota than Texas even though they are the same time zone.  But in winter, it stays lighter longer in Texas than in Minnesota.

By the way, it gets dark in Costa Rica by 6p.m this time of year.
http://www.sunrisesunset.com/calendar.asp?comb_city_info=San%20Jose,%20Costa%20Rica;84;10;-6;0&month=6&year=2009&time_type=0&use_dst=0

Oh you're right!!! Didn't think of it.  :groan:

The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2009, 10:22:20 PM »
Ok....

I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!': Heidi hospitalized, and now Stephanie Pratt is really mad!

Jun 7, 2009, 11:15 AM | by Ken Tucker

NBC and Heidi and Spencer Pratt seem determined to turn I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! into the summer's greatest torture -- for them and for us.

It's been reported that Heidi has been hospitalized in Costa Rica due to an "undisclosed illness" after spending time in the show's "Lost Chamber," a dark punishment room filled with various vermin, to atone for their sin of trying to get out of, and then begging to get back in to, Get Me Out of Here!

On last Thursday's episode, we were told the Pratts would "spend the night" in the chamber, but Pratt sister Stephanie is tweeting that they were "locked in a dark room for three days." Call me a sunny optimist, but this seems unlikely. Stephanie also tweets, "I know they pulled some s----y antics but really nbc? Too far."

Oh, I don't know about that, Steph...

Source: http://watching-tv.ew.com/2009/06/im-a-celebrity-get-me-out-of-here-heidi-hospitalized-and-now-stephanie-pratt-is-really-mad.html

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2009, 10:24:13 PM »
More...

Stephanie Pratt: "Heidi Thought She Was Dying!"

Today 4:47 PM PDT by Marc Malkin

Were Spencer and Heidi Pratt deprived of food and water for almost three days while being forced to live in blacked-out seclusion on I'm a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here?

That's what their family is claiming. A show insider, on the other hand, says all reports that the pair were mistreated have been greatly exaggerated.

"They kept them locked up and through the roof they were dropping spiders the size of [Heidi's] hands in on her in the black," Spencer's sister, Stephanie, just told me at the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation's A Time for Heroes Celebrity Carnival in L.A.

"They treated them like they were criminals or terrorists," she added.

Stephanie said Heidi, who was reportedly rushed to a local Costa Rica hospital yesterday, was transferred to another medical facility today. She said she wasn't sure what the final diagnosis was. But it sure doesn't sound pretty...

"She was throwing up 30 times with nothing in her stomach," Stephanie said. "She was really sick. She thought she was dying….I know they pulled such ****ty antics," she said. "But being treated like criminals or terrorists? It's insane!"

The newlyweds will likely return home sometime this week, according to Stephanie.

A rep for NBC declined to comment, but ITV Studios, producers of I'm a Celebrity, deny any wrongdoing.

My show insider insists the newlyweds were not only fed, but they were only in the lost chamber for about 14 hours. "They slept most of the time," said the insider, who asked not to be identified. "And when they weren't sleeping, they were laying side by side praying."

As for the spiders, the insider said, "There were no bugs added to the chamber. Maybe there was a small one that Spencer tried to kill."

The insider also said Heidi was not vomiting: "They were in happy spirits when they came out of the chamber."

We'll get to see everything tomorrow night when the latest I'm a Celebrity airs. "Everything is documented because there are cameras on them all the time," the insider said. "There are interviews, too."

Who do you believe? Let the Speidi vs. I'm a Celebrity debates begin.

Source: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/marc_malkin/b127959_stephanie_pratt_heidi_thought_she_was.html

Offline RHR

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2009, 11:17:27 PM »
I can summarize those articles and Spencer/Heidi in four words- Wah wah wah wah. :'(

Give me a break.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2009, 11:49:04 PM »
And the funniest thing is is that they have returned! Poor Angela I love Frances Callier though!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2009, 10:28:37 PM »
I have to say, I'm impressed with Patti. I knew Janice would never stay in that chamber but it's a shame she didn't, she had most of the keys, and was doing much better than Sanjaya so it seemed time wise.

Why am I watching this??  :funny:

Offline RHR

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2009, 10:52:23 PM »
It's become a guilty pleasure for me, which is odd because I can't stand the usual trainwreck-style reality fare that airs on VH1 and MTV. But now that the worthlessness that was Spencer and Heidi are gone, I'm sticking with this to the end. Janice The Kleptomaniac grates my nerves but the fact that everyone in camp dislikes her and dogs on her makes it tolerable. I'm hoping she goes tomorrow night but I think her fanbase will pull through and either Torrie or Patti will go home.

Speaking of, I don't like how we're to vote for who we want to stay as opposed to who we want to send home. It unfairly favors the better known "celebrities" in the game. And Frances and Angela were doomed from the start because they would split any votes that came their way.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2009, 01:21:28 PM »
I'm with you RHR... We only began watching because all of our shows ended but now I think we're hooked.

I'd be OK if Daniel Baldwin left.  :lol:  Unless the show comes up with something the remaining women can do, looks like they will all be gone sooner rather than later.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2009, 01:23:34 PM »
WHEW!!!!!!

Spedi shuts the book on "I'm a Celebrity...Get me out of Here"
June 10, 2:19 PM

It's officially over for Spedi on “I'm a Celebrity...Get me Out of Here”. Fans of the hit show were glued to their screens this Monday night to find out what happened tothe pair. In order to be allowed back on the show, they had to spend the night in the Lost Chamber, the very same room that caused them to quit the third time. If they made it until morning their fates would be put to a vote amongst the remaining celebrities back in camp. Not that anyone actually expected for these two to fail, considering the ratings they brought with them, by daybreak they were apprehensively welcomed back into the Costa Rican jungle. Spencer made a show of religiosity which offended Daniel Baldwin, and annoyed everyone watching, including the viewers at home, and Hedi spent her time in camp puking, and refusing to drink water. Anyone who has ever suffered from severe dehydration knows the sharp pains which can accompany it, and as such Hedi was taken to the hospital, as previously reported.  Camp leader, Lou Diamond Phillips, reported to the group that producers decided Hedi and Spencer would not be returning to the show..ever. Not that NBC hasn't blatantly disregarded the concept of fairness in regards to the Pratts, so who knows if this will be true by the time the show has wrapped.

Don't miss tonight's 2 hour episode where Hedi & Spencer's replacement, Holly Montag will join the cast in Costa Rica.

Source: http://www.examiner.com/x-11351-The-Hills-Examiner~y2009m6d10-Spedi-shuts-the-book-on-Im-a-CelebrityGet-me-out-of-Here

Offline nontyp

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2009, 05:15:29 PM »
I am just wondering if this is reality then why aren't they showing the true JANICE, they show her eating and stealing food then why aren't they showing her vomiting it back up?  She is a bulimic and has  battled it most of her life.  I just can't belive they would try to hide this.  You can tell by the way she pack in the food.  Just a suggestion they should show it all.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2009, 12:55:01 PM »
i wonder how she would have passed the pysc test?? that is what ppl that suffer wiht bulimea do sp sry.
i am watching the show bc every thing ended the week it came on and the spidy stuff was funny at frist then it turn into anoying. and tl got her wish when danny boy was by to the by last week. i am going to keep watching bc i love sanjaya and now they r trying to make a junglemance from him and holly. she must look older than she is jmo so un till jungle boy get voted out i will stay tuned. also i watch the hills so maby sanjay will get on that show next season..that would b awsome he could ballance out the snob's jmo maby kristian cavelery could try to steel him from holly lol..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2009, 03:10:44 PM »
Event: Vote for Patti and Help the Children's Cancer Center!!!
     "(877) 553-3707"
What: Fundraiser
Host: NBC's ~ I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!
Start Time: Today, June 17 at 8:00pm
End Time: Tomorrow, June 18 at 10:00pm
Where: Your local NBC Station!!!!

Voting continues as America decides which celebrity they want to save as their fave. Please watch and vote to keep Patti on the show! (877) 553-3707 or vote on-line http://www.nbc.com/im-a-celebrity/
The longer she stays ~ the more funds NBC donates directly to the Children's Cancer Center!!!

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2009, 06:51:39 PM »
Event: Vote for Patti and Help the Children's Cancer Center!!!
     "(877) 553-3707"
What: Fundraiser
Host: NBC's ~ I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!
Start Time: Today, June 17 at 8:00pm
End Time: Tomorrow, June 18 at 10:00pm
Where: Your local NBC Station!!!!

Voting continues as America decides which celebrity they want to save as their fave. Please watch and vote to keep Patti on the show! (877) 553-3707 or vote on-line http://www.nbc.com/im-a-celebrity/
The longer she stays ~ the more funds NBC donates directly to the Children's Cancer Center!!!

i like patty and she seems to have the least amount of bug bittes..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline RHR

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2009, 12:11:35 PM »
So, I'm loving that the vote from last night will pit the lowest two in a challenge that sends one home. I wish they'd been doing this all along because it could have made the show a lot more intriguing and game-like, as opposed to the glorified popularity contest it's been.

And ding dong Janice the witch is gone. :tup:

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2009, 11:13:33 PM »
thank god janice aka the crazy aunt went home...
i hope sanjaya wins, i was sory to see holly leave she soen't seem any thing like hidie. jmo
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2009, 02:42:49 PM »
I watched this on MTV yesterday, and it was pretty good!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2009, 08:34:51 PM »
This show has grown on me. Tomorrow night will be the finale. Three left!

Spoiler:----->>>>> Patti and Sanjaya were eliminated tonight. (<<<<<<<<-------Highlight to see the spoiler.)  :'(  I liked both of them, sorry they didn't make it to the end.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2009, 12:24:53 PM »
i did not watch the show last night but i thought patty and john and lou were the final 3 i read it some where like on twitter?? i realy liked sanjaya i know he is gone so now don't care lol..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2009, 04:38:48 PM »
This show has grown on me. Tomorrow night will be the finale. Three left!

Spoiler:----->>>>> Patti and Sanjaya were eliminated tonight. (<<<<<<<<-------Highlight to see the spoiler.)  :'(  I liked both of them, sorry they didn't make it to the end.

I made the mistake of wandering in to view a half hour of this show. I will not make that mistake again. There was a "pull flags while pulling yourseelf across a high line" task. That was it the entire time. The rest was announcing that Sanjaya was eliminated and Patty was eliminated. The emoting of the eliminated individuals with their finalist colleagues was vastly overdone. So, my summary is 3 minutes of excitement in a 1 hour show. It is a loser!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2009, 02:43:11 PM »
LOL apskip. It was a summer filler program. I'm glad it is over but it did provide something to view. 

The winner was/is Lou Diamond Phillips. He was absolutely going to be chosen the winner. I must say, I liked all the people, and most surprisingly how human and warm Patti Blagojevich is.  I was impressed with Sanjaya and Torrie, John Salley as well. They were fearless in the disgusting "challenges" that the show had them do.  I wouldn't have done a single one.  :snicker:

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2009, 03:18:41 PM »
OMG how could i dout u r elmanation spoiler. so sry i read on anther sight it was the other 2.. i saw some of the show last night, i am glade lu won, but i am not sure that is saying much i mean i am glade his charity got the money but i would have been glad for any of them to get it..
i missed mondays show witch apperently was the best one sanja even said his best moment was holly returnign, and i missed it. well i have to may things dvring on monday , so yea it is over , but wouldn't it b great if they put sanjaya on the hills next season. again my fondness og jungle boy is bc he was on the season of ai that my boy chris rich was on and he and his sister got me my bk stage passes. allso he was funny on this show jmo
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline :jerry:

• RFF Sr. Member
  • JTAR Season 1 is on RIGHT NOW!
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2009, 09:17:09 AM »
Hey guys,
I have a online i'm a celebrity get me out of here in RFF!
just check out the Amazing Race Fantasy game section
even though the game has already started 1 day
but you still can join! there's 4 spots left!
Jerry's fantasy game partcipation:
Vic's 4th Race: Jerry and Uycocoa Eliminated
MTAR Season 3: Jerry and Panda (Natasha and Paula) Eliminated

JTAR Season 1 Nanaimo Leg is on right now!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2009, 01:29:41 PM »
Hi Jerry! Wish I could but I will be immersed in Big Brother soon.. like.. tomorrow!  :umn: