Author Topic: I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!  (Read 32769 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!
« on: April 16, 2009, 10:49:52 AM »
I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!

Series Premiere Monday, June 1st 8/7c

"I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!" is the ultimate Swiss Family Robinson, as ten celebrities are dropped into the heart of the jungle to face fun and comedic challenges designed to test their survival skills. America is the puppet master, controlling their favorite celebrities by putting them into challenges and tasks to win food, supplies and luxury items. In each episode, friendships will be tested, hilarity will ensue and viewers will decide which celebrities stay or go. The last remaining star will be crowned King or Queen of the Jungle, winning a substantial cash prize for their favorite charity. The participating celebrities will be announced at a later date. The series is produced by Granada America.

"I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!" will air Monday through Thursdays for the first three weeks beginning June 1st (8-9 p.m. ET) and during the fourth week of June, the series will be telecast Monday through Wednesday (8-9 p.m. ET) with the finale on Wednesday, June 24 (8-9 p.m. ET).

http://www.nbc.com/im-a-celebrity/

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 04:20:13 AM »
Get a new idea nbc this one already used............................NBC is a joke

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
"I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here!" Monday June 1st, 8/7c!
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 11:46:40 AM »
"I am a Celebrity, Get me Out Of Here"  Monday June 1st, 8/7c!

A groundbreaking, live event airing throughout the month of June it's the ultimate "Swiss Family Robinson" as ten celebrities are dropped into the heart of the jungle to face fun and comedic challenges designed to test their survival skills. America is the puppet master, controlling their favorites by putting them into challenges and tasks to win food, supplies and luxury items. In each episode, friendships will be tested, hilarity will ensue and viewers will decide which celebrities stay or leave. While all participants will be playing for their favorite charities, the last remaining star will be crowned King or Queen of the Jungle, winning the largest share of the prize for donation.
"I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here!" is a production of Granada America. Chris Brogden and Jayson Dinsmore serve as executive producers; Michael Brooks and Tamsin Dodgson are the coexecutive producers.

http://www.nbc.com/im-a-celebrity/about/

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 06:31:04 AM »
The only decent thing i guess on NBC is The Apprentice. And that's years ago..

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 01:31:14 PM »
i  this will plung again

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 02:08:53 AM »
So I didn't miss anything by not watching it?   :yess:

Offline RHR

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 03:40:48 AM »
So I didn't miss anything by not watching it?   :yess:
Unless you take pleasure in seeing Spencer act like the biggest douche alive and Heidi act like a spoiled rich brat, no, no you didn't.

I'm giving it until the end of the week. If neither of them are voted off then I give up on the show (and humanity).

Why NBC? Why did you think this show would work after it failed so badly on ABC the first time?

Offline Teesosh

• RFF Newbie
The whole thing was so blasted PHONY....
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 08:48:08 AM »
... they show them flying over the"jungle" for miles and miles, then they have to hike all day until they get to their camp. Which is apparently in the back yard of a resort, since there are overhead lights all night long, remote-control cameras on posts all around them... and where does the electricity come from? Anybody hear a generator running? No, they have extension cords going fifty feet up to the nearby building. Even the "daylight" looks odd, all of the plants around the campsite look as if they were placed there by a landscaper, and there is nary an insect in sight (ever been someplace tropical after dark??).... the whole thing seems very hokey. Not to mention the "celebrities" showing up for their last big "task", all looking clean and dry with fluffly hair, as if they had just rolled off the bed in their hotel room. Huge contrast to filthy, sweaty and soaked as they were five minutes previous.

Yeah, they're staying miles out in the jungle, all right....

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 10:29:12 AM »
I had it on but hardly paid attention but enjoyed the drama, its the only thing that drew my attention....it had me lol at times. I'll watch it now and then if theres nothing else on.

Welcome to the forum Teesosh  :waves:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: "I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here!" Monday June 1st, 8/7c!
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 05:22:31 PM »

Speidi quits "I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here" after the first episode

WonderWall, June 2, 2009
Related: Heidi Montag, Spencer Pratt
By Melissa Hunter

You know the world is turning topsy-turvy when Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt refuse camera coverage on national television. Heidi and Spencer, the married couple who had yet to meet a reality TV opportunity they weren't in love with, have reportedly quit "I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!" And after all that hard work Spencer put into his rap theme song? Tragic.

The Unambiguously Shameless Duo (I think that's
their official title now) had already threatened to walk off the show twice during last night's premiere but kept coming back for more. They quit for real, however, after the live portion of last night's show. Good to know they couldn't walk away while cameras were rolling. These aren't amateur fame grubbers we're dealing with.

They haven't exactly been the most loved people on the show (mind you, this is a show that stars Janice Dickinson, Stephen Baldwin, and Sanjaya) and were reportedly upset they weren't getting special
treatment due to their perceived "elevated" celeb status.

Apparently after Spencer threw one of his many fits, other contestants snuck in and stole Heidi's dry shampoo (OH. NO. THEY. DIDN'T!). Spencer, in turn, smacked a water bottle away from the hands of one of the other contestants and hid wrestler Torrie Wilson's bag.

Heidi, in defense of her husband's actions, explains, "My husband is a very new Christian."

Wait, do new Christians have a stronger proclivity toward water bottle-smacking and bag-stealing? Guess I haven't read the "Newly Christian Guide for Dummies" lately.

Either way, everyone can rest assured knowing that Speidi's actions will return to being carefully documented in the safety of red carpets, swag parties, and Robertson Boulevard.

http://wonderwall.msn.com/tv/speidi-quits-im-a-celebrity-get-me-out-of-here-after-the-first-episode-1515815.story/?gt1=28135

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
im a cleb get me out of here...
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 05:46:36 PM »
i though i saw this posted as a thread and was going to comment. but i can't find the thread??
so i made a new one.
OMG i did not think i would like this show in a million years but i watched it last night cause i wanted to see spidy and sanjaya, so it was rolf ,spidy left the show 3 x's ,and of cours spencer was in some ones face over nothing, what a great train wreck it was, i love steven balldwin and one of the cast aways called him baby baldwin love that,i hope tonights epi. is as good as last night it might just hold me over till bb starts. i don't like the bugs and stuff but it was freeken hesterical to watch theas cast aways it is like gillagain's island on crak. lol
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline RHR

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 05:53:27 PM »
Goodbye to the two most worthless and pathetic reality tv personalities I've ever seen.

Now if only they'd disappear from the face of the Earth like they have from this show...  ???

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 06:09:27 PM »
Speidi Quits Celebrity, Replacements to Be Named
Today 1:20 PM PDT by Gina Serpe and Ken Baker

They may or may not be celebrities. They're definitely out of there.

Not even the promise of three weeks' worth of prime-time self-promotion was enough to keep Heidi and Spencer Pratt from jumping ship on I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!

Though their first attempt at quitting NBC's jungle-set reality competition didn't stick, Speidi has, for the second and ostensibly final time, vowed to abscond from Costa Rica after being unable to shampoo rough it.

All told, the duo's run will last just two episodes. They will appear in a taped segment of tonight's show, but will not take part in the live portion of the telecast. Sources confirm to E! News that the Pratts are scheduled to return to Los Angeles just after midnight tonight.

"They're leaving right after the live portion of the show," an NBC source said. "The fact that they are leaving the show and deserting their charities is lame."

Meanwhile, I'm a Celebrity... producers are trying to replace the rapping, breakdown-prone couple with one or two other camera-ready personalities, who would continue playing for the couple's chosen charity.

The identity of the replacement(s) remains hush-hush at this point, though the DailyFill reports that producers are doing their best to keep it in the family, naming Daniel Baldwin, whose brother Stephen is already on the show, and Heidi's sister Holly Montag as the top contenders.

I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! runs Monday through Thursday on NBC, with the finale set for June 24.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b127035_speidi_quits_celebrity_replacements_be.html?gclid=CKDJrbLZ7JoCFQVaFQodAxzPAw

Offline RHR

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 06:27:17 PM »
Thanks for the update, puddin.

It's good to hear that the behavior and worthlessness of the two won't end up screwing over the charities.

Offline Teesosh

• RFF Newbie
ANOTHER BIG RED FLAG....!!!
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 07:55:39 PM »
I'm sitting here, watching the latest episode of this tripe, and realized that it's kind of strange that these "LIVE - COSTA RICA" segments are all in the BLACKNESS of NIGHT... and the sun hasn't even set here in east Texas!

How do ya suppose that works???!!!!  :duno:

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: ANOTHER BIG RED FLAG....!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2009, 02:16:49 PM »
I'm sitting here, watching the latest episode of this tripe, and realized that it's kind of strange that these "LIVE - COSTA RICA" segments are all in the BLACKNESS of NIGHT... and the sun hasn't even set here in east Texas!

realy good question?? allso i was not going to watch any more cause i was thinking the drama  is gone so y bother, i realy hate bugs and i don't care who gets the boot tonight. sence most of the contestants r guys and they r exempt, i like steven and sanjaya a lot but is it worth it to have to watch ppl being tourchered? y if it is for chartity would thye make ppl go trew all that?
 and ps sence this is a now running show could we move the thread to other reality shows i though this thread got delited 2x's...ty ty
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2009, 03:04:34 PM »

Interesting isn't it!  :funny: They are in our time zone Teesosh!

Welcome to RFF and a welcome to RHR as well!

:welcome: :bigwelcome :welcome:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2009, 03:08:31 PM »
Did they or didn't they?? (Leave that is...)

Spencer and Heidi Pratt return to 'I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!'

by Issie Lapowsky
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Wednesday, June 3rd 2009, 12:34 PM

Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt need to make up their minds!

The “Hills” couple is remaining on NBC reality show I'm a Celebrity I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here! after all, Usmagazine.com has confirmed.

"Heidi and Spencer are still in the jungle and part of the show," their rep said Wednesday morning.

As part of a decoy to give the illusion that the couple had returned home, Pratt’s sister Stephanie and his friend Spenser were photographed hiding under blankets at L.A.'s LAX airport Tuesday night.

The media circus comes after Pratt, 25, and Montag, 22, had already tried to quit the show twice -- and then un-quit.

"Super-celebrities don't belong in the jungle.They belong in Hollywood with the paparazzi," Pratt said.

"We're gonna miss you guys," Montag told the other contestants, who include Lou Diamond Phillips, Janice Dickinson and former Illinois first lady Patti Blagojevich.

Not so fast Heidi!

Now that the couple has returned to the show, the campgrounds may be a bit crowded.

After reports of Speidi’s departure, the reality show reportedly got an extra dose of sibling love.

According to the DailyFill.com, Daniel Baldwin, 48, has joined his brother Stephen Baldwin,43, as the new replacement for Pratt.

The report also says that Montag’s sister Holly Montag was en route to Costa Rica last night.

Read more: "Spencer and Heidi Pratt return to 'I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!'"

Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/06/03/2009-06-03_spencer_and_heidi_pratt_return_to_im_a_celebrityget_me_out_of_here.html?print=1&page=all#ixzz0HOngiC95&A

Offline RHR

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2009, 04:59:30 PM »
Oh **** that. I'm done after tomorrow night then because I'm beyond sick of seeing their stupid faces.

And thanks for the welcome, TexasLady.  :js:
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 05:03:22 PM by RHR »

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2009, 07:16:08 PM »
oh i hope they come bk they were funny sleeping while others planed there day, constantly complaning and hide and what ever she is sraying in her hair, please this show would not b worth watching if those to dumb a$$ we not on ther i was going to stop watching but now i might not i do like baby baldwin and i love sanjaya, his sister got me a bkstage pass to the idol tour the yr he was on..he is abrable..and makes the most random coments.. :sucks :sucks :hearts:i hope they do come bk again something to watch while i wait for bb to come bk..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2009, 10:53:56 PM »
I caught a little bit of this show and was wondering if anyone was really enjoying it.  I guess not. :lol:

But it does get darker earlier in Costa Rica this time of year.  Darkness also depends on north and south location.  Kind of like Alaska having lots of light in the summer.  Also, in the summer it stays lighter longer in Minnesota than Texas even though they are the same time zone.  But in winter, it stays lighter longer in Texas than in Minnesota.

By the way, it gets dark in Costa Rica by 6p.m this time of year.
http://www.sunrisesunset.com/calendar.asp?comb_city_info=San%20Jose,%20Costa%20Rica;84;10;-6;0&month=6&year=2009&time_type=0&use_dst=0

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2009, 11:46:15 PM »
HEIDI AND SPENCER PRATT RETURN TO NBC'S HIT REALITY SERIES "I'M A CELEBRITY...GET ME OUT OF HERE!" LIVE TONIGHT AT 8PM ET -- THEIR FATE LIES WITH THEIR FELLOW CAST MEMBERS AS THEY BEG TO RETURN TO THE SHOW
June 3, 2009 4:42 PM
Tags: Heidi Montag, I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!, Spencer Pratt, press release
Daniel Baldwin Joins the Cast in Tonight's Episode

Monday, June 8 Episode Expands To Two Hours

UNIVERSAL CITY, CALIF. - June 3, 2009 - Heidi and Spencer Pratt will return to NBC's hit reality series "I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!" live tonight (8-9 p.m. ET) after quitting (for the third time) in last night's episode.  The couple's fate will lie with the remaining cast members who will determine if they are welcome back in the competition.

Also in tonight's episode, actor Daniel Baldwin surprises brother Stephen Baldwin when he is dropped into the Costa Rican jungle as the newest cast member competing for money for their favorite charity.

In addition, NBC is expanding its Monday, June 8 episode to two hours from 8-10 p.m. ET.

The series airs Monday-Thursday in its regular 8-9 p.m. time slot for four weeks until the final week of the show, with the finale on Wednesday, June 24 (8-9 p.m. ET).  In addition, each Sunday beginning June 7, MTV will air a marathon of the week's episodes including never-before-seen footage and commentary from cast members in real time, providing an enhanced viewing experience for die-hard fans.

Co-hosted by Damien Fahey and Myleene Klass, "I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!" is the ultimate "Swiss Family Robinson" as celebrities are dropped into the heart of the Costa Rican jungle to face fun and comedic challenges designed to test their survival skills.  America is the puppet master, controlling their favorite celebrities by putting them into challenges and tasks to win food, supplies and luxury items.  In each episode, friendships will be tested, hilarity will ensue and viewers will decide which celebrities stay or go.  The last remaining star will be crowned King or Queen of the Jungle, winning a substantial cash prize for his or her favorite charity.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2009, 10:33:34 AM »
if i get a vote no more rats or bugs, omg lou got his hand eaten by rats, how is that entertaining.. i love the banter in camp but i have to close my eyes when they start theas horrabl changles.
also i was watching last night and also watching it get dark here at the same time i am on the east coast and it was getting dark here at all most the excat same time as the show.
ps i hope janis getts the boot..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2009, 01:10:28 PM »
so one of the funny ppl go and we still don't no the fate of spidy?? realy 4 shows and we still don't no please how r we even going to care after the weekend this show is not very good. jmo.
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2009, 02:28:11 PM »
if i get a vote no more rats or bugs, omg lou got his hand eaten by rats, how is that entertaining.. i love the banter in camp but i have to close my eyes when they start theas horrabl changles.
also i was watching last night and also watching it get dark here at the same time i am on the east coast and it was getting dark here at all most the excat same time as the show.
ps i hope janis getts the boot..

Watching him get his hand all chewed up was NOT entertaining in the least. Ye GODS! How do they know the rats weren't  carrying diseases?  :eww

Janice did seem sick.. but she was gross!!!!!!! If I wasn't lolling around in TV Wasteland right now, I probably wouldn't even watch.  :lol:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 02:32:24 PM by TexasLady »