Author Topic: American Idol Final 7 Performance Discussion  (Read 21115 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
American Idol Final 7 Performance Discussion
« on: April 13, 2009, 10:18:12 AM »
What will they choose for this week? With the theme they should have a wide choice of songs. My Fair Lady, Oklahoma.. (Forget that, no one will sing anything from My Fair Lady or Oklahoma.)  :lol: 

Grease? Saturday Night Fever? High School Musical? James Bond movies had a number of hits. (Lakisha sang Diamonds are Forever.)

OK, help me out, what songs could they sing that would bring the house down?  :duno: What would you suggest they sing?

The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
Re: American Idol Final 7 Performance Discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 11:25:40 AM »
Wednesday night's show will spotlight Jennifer Hudson singing "If This Isn't Love" and Miley Cyrus will sing "The Climb" from her Hannah Montana: The Movie which opened this past weekend. (Bet my granddaughters will be watching Miley!)  :lol:

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 12:27:38 PM »
Lol, I don't think anyone will ever bring the house down with something from High School Musical. I don't know, it all seems too kid-ish, IMO lol.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Firefly

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 05:42:32 PM »
If I had my picks.......

Adam - Golden Years (David Bowie - A Knight's Tale)

Kris - Don't You Forget About Me (Simple Minds - The Breakfast Club)

Allison - If You Leave ( O.M.D. - Pretty In Pink )

Matt - My Hero ( Foo Fighters - Varsity Blues ) If he could slow this song down and turn it into something with the piano, I think he could kill it.

Anoop - Purple Rain (Prince)

Danny - My Father's Gun (Elton John - Elizabethtown)

Lil - You Make Me Feel Like A Natural Woman (Aretha Franklin - The Big Chill) - If she were smart, she would avoid Celine/Whitney/Tina/Mariah.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 07:42:04 PM »
If I had my picks.......

Adam - Golden Years (David Bowie - A Knight's Tale)

Kris - Don't You Forget About Me (Simple Minds - The Breakfast Club)

Allison - If You Leave ( O.M.D. - Pretty In Pink )

Matt - My Hero ( Foo Fighters - Varsity Blues ) If he could slow this song down and turn it into something with the piano, I think he could kill it.

Anoop - Purple Rain (Prince)

Danny - My Father's Gun (Elton John - Elizabethtown)

Lil - You Make Me Feel Like A Natural Woman (Aretha Franklin - The Big Chill) - If she were smart, she would avoid Celine/Whitney/Tina/Mariah.

Interesting suggestions! I would love to hear Adam sing "Golden Years" and Lil sing "You Make Me Feel Like a Natural Woman." I absolutely agree with you, no Celine/Whitney/Tina/Mariah. I hope she is smart enough to avoid them.

Welcome to RFF Firefly!

:welcome: :ty4posting :welcome:

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 09:46:44 AM »
wow so i am hopeing for some good songs i love musicals!!! i would love to here adam sing that song he is singing on the utub i saw of him, the ten commandments, it is realy powerful.
also the them song from cat's, i hope danny sings something from joseph and his amazing tech colored dream coat (saw that on broadway) awsome stuff i hope idol has the rights to some good stuufff....
and i do love firefly's pic also adam doing david bowie woud rock my world  :hearts: :hearts: :ascared
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 10:09:24 PM »
Song choices for tonight's performance.

Allison: “Don’t Want to Miss a Thing - Aerosmith
Anoop: “Everything I Do” by Bryan Adams
Adam:  “Born to be Wild” by Steppenwolf
Matt:    “To Really Love a Woman” by Bryan Adams
Danny: “Endless Love” by Diana Ross
Kris:     “Falling Slowly” by Glen Hansard
Lil:       “The Rose” by Bette Midler -

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 06:20:14 AM »
Could contain spoilers for those that haven't watched yet.

Just watched it. And I gotta say I liked all the performances (making it very tough for me to see anyone go), even though it seemed that they mostly liked 2-4 out of the 7 performances.

Also, it felt awkward that only two of the four could judge. I mean, I keep on thinking, "What if the two other judges loved it when all we saw was the two that could've judged hated it?"

Performance Ranking:
1. Allison
2. Anoop
3. Matt
4. Kris
5. Adam
6. Danny
7. Lil

Overall Ranking:
1. Matt
2. Allison
3. Kris
4. Adam
5. Anoop
6. Danny
7. Lil

Bottom 3: Anyone but Adam or Danny. (yes, that's how intense this show could get and even then, there's no guarantee that they kept their fans this week - see Jennifer Hudson)
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 07:43:16 AM »
Bottom 3 could be Kris, Lil & Matt.

DialIdol.com predicted Danny Gokey is safe!

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 11:26:32 AM »
hi eragon :waves: dial idol has been wrong all most every week i think read bk on the other tread it tell it's perdition's i for get allso i might b mixing it up and they have been right?? :duno:
i don't no  how danny does it every week i would be in a puddle on the floor crying for yrs i am sure..jmo i thinkhe is holding bk some of his emotion bc/ he might loose it again jmo, i liked all the preformers this week too, my ranking would b
anoop
danny
adam
kris
matt
 allison
lil
i like them all almost the same but if i had to put them in order of last ng jmo.

i think lil is going hm or maby i hate t say it matt.

jmo top 3 r going to b danny , adam, and alison  :ascared :duno: it is soo close to call??
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 12:04:11 PM »
It's an okay night for me, none that totally BLEW ME AWAY and none that were bad either. It'll be interesting as to who leaves.

Allison Iraheta - When I heard she was gonna do that song, I was like, "oh no, she'll probably be back in the bottom three again". But I thought she really put her own touch to this song, it's rare to hear a girl do it so well, with such heart and passion. I hope Simon's right in that she could go all the way, cos I really want her to!

Anoop Desai - It was heartfelt and soulful but I don't know, I feel like Anoop's losing his spark. He seems to be doing the same thing for a couple of weeks now. Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up in the bottom three.

Adam Lambert - This is one extreme guy. He's either shrieking away or being very toned down. But all in all, I loved the energy on stage and that was some mad, mad vocals. Doesn't matter if half of America is gonna hate it, he sure rocked that stage and he's gonna be totally fine.

Matt Giraud - I think Matt is trying too hard. He should've stuck to the original melody, stayed away from the piano and used that concentration he used on the piano to connect with the audience instead. Not to mention the pitchy notes here and there. I'm rather disappointed, he's been up and down and he could be in serious trouble tonight.

Danny Gokey - I don't think it's very important to change up a song like David Cook did last season, what's most important is putting the emotions in and he did it pretty well.

Kris Allen - Kris is back! But what's worrying me is that here's another contestant who's up and down. One week he's great, another he's not too good. But I think he should be fine, hmm.

Lil Rounds - I really expected much from her but at this stage of the competition when she's still not blowing us away, I'm pretty sure she'll be gone soon. It's not that her performance was bad, it was pretty good, but the thing about the competition is to have a moment and blow the audience away, which she hasn't done for the past 6 weeks. I hate to say this, but I doubt she's gonna find herself back in this competition again.

My ranking:
1. Allison Iraheta
2. Adam Lambert
3. Kris Allen
4. Anoop Desai
5. Danny Gokey
6. Lil Rounds
7. Matt Giraud

Predicted bottom three: Matt, Lil, (I'll go with Anoop)

I agree with Raymond, though, at this stage, it's getting so intense. And ultimately anyone else could take that third spot in the bottom three except for Danny and Adam. I won't even be surprised if Allison ends up there but I pray not. While I hope that Lil goes tonight, my gut tells me Matt. =(

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 09:34:12 PM »
My favorite performance last night was Anoop's, his best night yet.

In this order, bottom three: Anoop, Lil , Matt. Over thirty six million votes were phoned in last night. Anoop and Lil were safe. Matt was the lowest vote recipient. However, after much discussion, Matt was given another chance with the Judges Save.  He's safe for another week, next week two singers will be eliminated.

Next week is Disco Week! Upbeat music for a change! I hope they find some great songs!!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 05:23:39 PM by TexasLady »

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 11:36:45 PM »
Disco Week will be fun.

And BEST. ENDING. EVAH.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2009, 10:39:35 AM »
omg i have been right at least 2 weeks in a row, about who was going home, wow :wohoo: i am realy glade the judges saved matt i look fw to hereing him every week now we get to here him at least one more time. i think the judges save was used perfectaly this week jmo. next week would have been there last week to use it but next week 2 ppl go home , but the next week the same amout of ppl will b left sooo... unless matt getts the votes he and lil will not b there any way, i think they start to sing 2 songs after next week??

oh and ps i love disco. give me some earth wind and fire!!!!!
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2009, 12:48:08 PM »
Wow, so the Save was finally used! I think Simon said that Matt didn't have the chance to win so that his fans will feel extremely indignant and start voting real hard. Based on last night's performance, I think Matt deserved to go but overall, nah. So I'm happy that he's saved. At the same time I'm worried, what if another deserving person gets the lowest number of votes next week or two weeks after? The Save will no longer be valid. I'm especially worried that Allison will get the lowest number of votes some time soon. Well let's hope not.

I'm pretty worried for Anoop too, being consistently in the bottom three despite good performances. So having said that, I'm predicting that Anoop and Lil leave next week. (Till now, Anoop has not been able to impress with fast songs, so he could be in danger.) Otherwise Kris, but I think his fanbase is able to support him till the final 4 or 5.

Disco week! Not my favourite but it's gonna be exciting. I can already picture Simon giving critique about Taylor Hicks-like dance moves and awful dressing. Can't wait!

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 02:27:22 PM »
there was a lot of stuff that came out in the disco yrs. stevie wonder anoop would do good on a steve wonder song, if lil does a donna summer song and dosen't nail it in what ever way the judges want  :duno: and who no's jmo i think she is getting a lot of mixed singles. wow it would be great to here alison do a heart song, allso robert pallmer came out in that time there r soo many artist great artist i loved the disco days... surf by day disco by night..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline sass

• Big Brother Updaters
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 07:57:59 PM »
I think the key to being successful at disco week is taking a song from the time and reworking it so that it is no longer heavily set in the roots.  This is a week where redoing a song is key. JMO here.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 09:35:04 PM »
^^True. Unless you can somehow sing it and make it sound current/hip/young/relevant.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2009, 07:04:14 AM »
Sass!!  :-*

Everyone makes good points, I love the disco era songs, but Ruth is right, anyone who tries Taylor Hick moves is going to be sorry.  :lol:

I was surprised they used the Judges Save but it was only going to be good until final 5 so if it wasn't used this week it had to be done next week and now they don't have  suffer by hearing Simon say you aren't good enough and you won't win and then having to sing!  :groan:

What will Adam sing! That's my question.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2009, 07:03:42 PM »
steve wonder is time less jmo i think if they get to chose songs that r as awsome now as they were when they were relised  it will be fab.. jmo. that and my 18 yr old son is sitting next to on his computor listing to ledzeplin like it is a new band lol..also 70's wow adam and led zeplin ooohhh. and matt and steve wonder omg . also i saw an inter view with jennifer hudson last night and she was saying the same thing i said about how the judges r sending lil mixed signals..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2009, 10:45:54 PM »
steve wonder is time less jmo i think if they get to chose songs that r as awsome now as they were when they were relised  it will be fab.. jmo. that and my 18 yr old son is sitting next to on his computor listing to ledzeplin like it is a new band lol..also 70's wow adam and led zeplin ooohhh. and matt and steve wonder omg . also i saw an inter view with jennifer hudson last night and she was saying the same thing i said about how the judges r sending lil mixed signals..

No matter what Lil does, they criticize her so no wonder she can't figure out what to do, wear or sing.

I don't know what Adam will sing but I bet we will be shocked and surprised yet again. I'm certain that is a safe prediction!  :lol:

What song would you think he could sing Tory?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2009, 11:10:24 PM »
The thing about Lil is that, she's coming off as boring and unoriginal. When she sings, i'll be like.. oh okay. It's another song/performance, but i'm not going to remember it at all.

But for Allison and Adam, they really bring in their own style/rendition to the song they sing and i could still remember what they have sung for the previous few weeks. Ask yourself.. can you remember all of what Lil had sung for the past few rounds? Even for Anoop, Matt, Danny and Matt.. i could still figuratively remember what they had sung before.. but not Lil.. she comes off as a lounge singer for me now. Great vocals, but not put into good use.

As for judges using the safe on Matt.. I say it's fair. Being the one who has got the best performance for 2 or 3 weeks for the past few weeks, it would be unfair to vote Matt off because some others definitely deserve to go before him. But this "safe" would have been good if Allison/Adam or Danny were going to be voted off.. then it would have caused drama/tension and loads of press releases and bring more limelight to idol. Using it on Matt was good.. but it would have served more purpose on the front-runners of the competition. (Jennifer Hudson)

And i think Danny is starting to lose it.. unless next week he brings down the house again with his vocals. Right now, from the prediction that Simon gives.. i can predict that our final 3 could jolly well be Allison, Danny and Adam. While the rest of them will just probably abide their time to be voted off and it will be even quicker if they deliver a bad performance for that week.

Right now, i'm really hoping that Danny (don't really like him to begin with) and Lil goes next. I love the way Matt sings with sincerity, how Kris never failed to try his best to deliver.

My ranking -
One and only Allison
2. Matt
3. Adam
4. Kris
5. Anoop
6. Lil
7. Danny

And can anyone tell i'm in love with Allison? :funny:

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2009, 12:01:24 AM »
final two for sure; danny and adam

though i don't like adam
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2009, 12:06:59 AM »
^^I don't like Adam and I'm starting to think Danny's becoming overrated, so I'm hoping for an Allison/Kris/Anoop/Matt Final 4 right now. :lol:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2009, 05:45:26 AM »
^^I don't like Adam and I'm starting to think Danny's becoming overrated, so I'm hoping for an Allison/Kris/Anoop/Matt Final 4 right now. :lol:

I'm secretly hoping for that too. Allison has no chance of winning against Adam (I guess).

That would be a good final 4. Imagine Adam/Danny going out next week, the judges would slap themselves for saving Matt. :funny: