Author Topic: EP 8:East Coast live show updates and commentary *with a 39 minute delay*  (Read 49342 times)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ok, there's our mat meltdown. Next week. Jen and Luke. Thank you, BVM!

Conflict! Finally!!!!! :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: :yess: :yess: :yess:
Just here to visit.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Well the yelling match is next week.......
Matthew 7:15

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
:meow:

And Dr Phil having to mediate!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 08:42:54 PM by Neobie »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
First time I heard that rule.......guess it is new.

That is actually a long standing rule, no one is allowed to sell or trade their own possessions, otherwise everyone would come with a few expensive watches to trade. They ARE, however, allowed to sell or trade items they buy along the way with race $$, so if you are cunning, you might be able to buy something along the way that would be useful.
Thank you, Peach for clearing that up. I was wondering about that.

This is why you are truly The Amazing Race Maven.  :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :waves: :waves: :waves:
Just here to visit.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
just stange........Kisha and Jen get free ride in taxi......no penalty.........Mark/Michael pay with possessions.....4 hour penalty

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
just stange........Kisha and Jen get free ride in taxi......no penalty.........Mark/Michael pay with possessions.....4 hour penalty
The sisters did not exchange anything for the ride. Driver did it out of the goodness of his heart and it was public transportation so that was fine.
Just here to visit.

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
Got the episode title right. :D
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
Mark & Michael are officially idiots of the first order!  This is going to kill them in the next leg!

As for LaKisha & Jen getting no penalty -- they didn't pay with their possessions.  They didn't pay at all, in fact.  No team's supposed to sell or trade their own possessions and LaKisha & Jen didn't do that -- but Mark & Michael did, hence the 2 two-hour penalties!

Belle Book

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
The sisters did not exchange anything for the ride. Driver did it out of the goodness of his heart and it was public transportation so that was fine.

Ken, I think that is EXACTLY what I said......

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I lost my internet

Mark/Michael finish Karaoke and get a taxi.
But they have only 200 and the fare is 300.
They negotiate and barter again.

Two teams in taxis.
Kisha/Jen are very glum, although trying to stay calm.
Mark/Michael "had a ball in the Karaoke."
The last team may be Philiminated.

Kisha: Never leave your fanny pack. You never know what's ahead.
Mark offers "gifts" in place of money.

Phil: Mark/Micheal, you are the fourth team to arrive. However, I understand you broke a Race rule, by using personal possessions to settle a bill. A 2-hour penalty. You have done that twice. The total penalties are 4 hours, starting NOW. Wait until I check you in.

Phil: Kisha/Jen ...
Jen: We're the last team to arrive.
Phil: You are actually the 4th team to arrive.
Jen starts to cry.
Kisha does, too.
Phil: Thought you were out, huh?
Kisha: Tough day.
Jen: Our fate, we leave it up to God. We belong in this Race. Some folks get lucky, some don't. We take it one day at a time.

Phil: Mark/Michael, I can check you in now. You are the last team to arrive. Good news, this is a non-elimination leg, and you are still in the Race. The remainder of your penalty is added to your release time. Plus, a Speed Bump that your team must complete. You've got a long way back, guys.
Michael: In the land of Buddha, I didn't want to create bad Karma.
Mark: As long as our names are on the pit start, we're gonna play to the best of our ability.

NEXT TIME ON .. THE AMAZING RACE:

Phil: Jen battles Luke.
At a cluebox, a little wrestling! Bumping! Shoving!
Jen: BITCH!

Phil: ... and Luke battles Jen!
Another cluebox. Luke knocks into Jen, colliding with her shoulder, hard. She goes flying.
Phil: Leading to a confrontation you won't want to miss!
Margie: She called him a bitch!
Jen: I called him a bitch because that was a bitch move!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Ken, I think that is EXACTLY what I said......
I misread you, rox. Sorry about that. I thought you were asking why Kisha/Jen did not get a penalty.
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

As long as the taxi drivers are okay and agree, I too think TPTB are okay.

But I do believe there may have been some penalties this season for riding in private transport, had Steve/Linda not been elim'd I think they would have received one.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster

But I do believe there may have been some penalties this season for riding in private transport, had Steve/Linda not been elim'd I think they would have received one.
The last episode where Kisha & Jen get a ride from the wrong temple to the right temple looked like private transportation. I have to rewatch, but it appears that van was not public transport.
Just here to visit.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Thanks for the thread title change, puddin. :tup:
Just here to visit.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
Yet another exciting episode.  Here are my thoughts:

The Broken Teeth Detour seemed to be the easier one, if done right.  But I'd have probably been scared into the Broken Record Detour due to how luck-based it sounded.  At least the karaoke was straightforward.

The Roadblock?  I'd have had a partner do it.  I'm not a handyman at all.

The teams:

Margie & Luke: Very good leg.  Margie turned it out at the Roadblock and the Detour, and she was the primary reason they won the leg.  That's three legs for them now, tying them with Ronald & Christina for most legs won by a parent/child team.

Jaime & Cara: Jaime, CALM DOWN!  Not all locals can speak English!  And you even seem to have a problem with the ones that do!  Oh, well.  Thanks for at least being self-aware enough to admit you turn into a "lunatic" when the language barrier rears it ugly head.  Cara, you're still a lovely, lovely person.  Don't ever change.  Ever.  Smart move going back for your bags immediately, and congrats on second place.  Well done, ladies.

Tammy & Victor: At this point, their edit is screaming fourth-place-finishers or winners with their "always happy, happy, happy!" edit.  That said, they ran a decent leg, though Victor could've ruined it for them due to the shoddy propellor work.  Little did he know, Kisha & Jen and Mark & Michael would make even bigger errors. . . .

Kisha & Jen: Whew!  Don't ever scare me like that again, girls!  You did all your tasks well, but next time someone suggests going back for the bags, GO BACK FOR THE DAMN BAGS!  Just in case, of course.  You're very lucky Mark & Michael not only made the same mistake, but made an even worse one.  Step it up, ladies!

Mark & Michael: Forgot your bags at the Roadblock?  Strike one.  Bartered items in lieu of cab fare?  Strike two (though I admittedly didn't know it was against the rules).  Did it yet again?  Strike three!  I was surprised you got a penalty THAT hefty, but I'm glad, too, as it saved Kisha & Jen!  Now I can only hope you don't overcome the Speed Bump next week.  Being over three hours behind everyone else, you'd better hope for an overnight bunching point, or you guys are so toast.

Very suspenseful episode.  But I'm gonna go ahead and call Mark & Michael being out next week.  They just don't have it in them to overcome that Speed Bump unless they get really, really lucky.

As for my team feelings:

LOVE: Margie/Luke, Jaime/Cara, Tammy, Kisha/Jen
LIKE: No one
NEUTRAL: Victor
DISLIKE: Mark/Michael
HATE: No one

Next week's Luke/Jen drama?  Looks exciting!  This might pinpoint the true villain of the whole race, depending on whom the editors try to make look right.  Can't wait!
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
I misread you, rox. Sorry about that. I thought you were asking why Kisha/Jen did not get a penalty.

I didn't mean to be so obtuse. I was just pointing out the irony, thats all.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!

Next week's Luke/Jen drama?  Looks exciting!  This might pinpoint the true villain of the whole race, depending on whom the editors try to make look right.  Can't wait!

It looks more to me that Luke's given that shady "bitchy" villain edit. It started in the U-TURN, and in Leg 5, now in China - possibly the worst. But hey, we now have an alternative with Ron/Christina. The strongest parent/child teams and the individuals making up those teams are complete polar opposites!
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers

The last episode where Kisha & Jen get a ride from the wrong temple to the right temple looked like private transportation. I have to rewatch, but it appears that van was not public transport.
That was an airport shuttle, which is also considered public transportation.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
That DUMB **** Andy Rooney thinks an iceberg is going to break away in Antarctica and hit the US?? WHAT A ****ING DUMBASS

Rob, be careful who you call dumbass. Rooney is quite correct that a large iceberg larger than the state of Rhode Island (watch out, Ken) is expected to break away from Antarctica. However, nobody knows when. The part about hitting the U.S. is of course absurd.

Offline ready2rock

• RFF Not So Newbie

Wow...these girls are really very lucky :nuala:
The Amazing Race Season 14's favourite team-Kisha and Jen

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Thank you, Ashe. I will update my episode recap. Much appreciated. :tup:
Just here to visit.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers

Thank you, Ashe. I will update my episode recap. Much appreciated. :tup:
No prob. :waves:  Just doing what I could to help.
Jamison

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
Wow what an episode!  Now we know that Luke is not innocent at all, and Mark and Michael are doomed and that they are hours behind next leg (From spoilers as well).

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
That DUMB **** Andy Rooney thinks an iceberg is going to break away in Antarctica and hit the US?? WHAT A ****ING DUMBASS

Rob, be careful who you call dumbass. Rooney is quite correct that a large iceberg larger than the state of Rhode Island (watch out, Ken) is expected to break away from Antarctica. However, nobody knows when. The part about hitting the U.S. is of course absurd.

That was my point....ITS NOT GOING TO HIT THE US!! That is the kind of **** that makes Rooney a dumb****.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
That **** **** Andy Rooney thinks an iceberg is going to break away in Antarctica and hit the US?? WHAT A ***ING DUMB***!

Rob, be careful who you call dumb***. Rooney is quite correct that a large iceberg larger than the state of Rhode Island (watch out, Ken) is expected to break away from Antarctica. However, nobody knows when. The part about hitting the U.S. is of course absurd.

That was my point....ITS NOT GOING TO HIT THE US!! That is the kind of **** that makes Rooney a dumb****.

Just what does this have to do with anything? I don't think it's on topic.

Anyway, to the episode. It was a great one for me, filled with uncertainty and a sense that anything could happen. I'm so glad that feeling is back from its long 2 season vacation!

Margie & Luke: Ran a solid leg and checked in first. I realized that when they weren't coming in fourth that they would finish first, but they did really well this leg. Next leg, beware of Luke's dark side. :ascared

Jaime & Cara: They got the biggest edit out of the first three teams, and we saw more of Jaime’s problems with foreigners. Not a whole lot of new stuff but they ran a decent leg. Once again they looked like they were working far harder than T&V and M&L, who looked like they were just breezing right through.

Tammy & Victor: They are in the most advantageous spots each time, conveniently being allowed to pass teams that get penalties. They were likeable this episode though, and they might just be turning around for me.

Kisha & Jen: Problems! They made a bad decision not to go back and it cost them so much time. They would have been last if it weren’t for M&M. Apart from the bag problems, they ran a decent leg, though. I’m glad they’re hanging in there and still defying the odds though!

Mark & Michael: I can’t believe they got another penalty! I’m beginning to think the producers really don’t like them or something. At least that’s what I thought until I saw that the Additional Info said not to bargain with taxi drivers on this leg. I just can’t believe that they did it on the one leg where it wasn’t allowed, though!
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis