Author Topic: TAR14 EP10: Having a Baby’s Gotta Be Easier Than This (China)  (Read 115587 times)

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
Re: TAR14 EP10: Having a Baby’s Gotta Be Easier Than This (China)
« Reply #125 on: April 23, 2009, 10:40:35 AM »
Well, this show has taught me one thing: There is no such thing as a "nth placer" edit. I mean, right now, nothing's certain. We only have sightings of teams in either Beijing Airport or Hawaii.

Jaime/Cara could be decoys in the airport racing alongside Margie/Luke or vice-versa (production is doing a better job throwing us off nowadays).
Kisha/Jen have not been seen anywhere (except in Hawaii)
Tammy/Victor were spotted with Phil & BVM (red flag)

Kisha and Jen spoiler in Hawaii can even be taken as a grain of salt for that matter...
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2009, 11:46:19 AM »
Well, this show has taught me one thing: There is no such thing as a "nth placer" edit. I mean, right now, nothing's certain. We only have sightings of teams in either Beijing Airport or Hawaii.

Jaime/Cara could be decoys in the airport racing alongside Margie/Luke or vice-versa (production is doing a better job throwing us off nowadays).
Kisha/Jen have not been seen anywhere (except in Hawaii)
Tammy/Victor were spotted with Phil & BVM (red flag)

Kisha and Jen spoiler in Hawaii can even be taken as a grain of salt for that matter...
But Margie & Luke and Jaime & Cara being seen together can't.  Decoys have SOMETIMES been seen in the same proximity as teams still racing (example: TAR1's finale).  But never have they been allowed to directly interact.  So I do think Margie & Luke and Jaime & Cara are both in the F3, and that Tammy & Victor and Kisha & Jen are fighting for that final spot.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 02:17:07 PM by Ashe »
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2009, 01:00:02 PM »
has anyone else noticed that the farther we go along in the race, the more we start to see of K/J, and the less we see of T/V?

these last three previews were very focused towards K/J, and T/V were almost non-existent.

and K/J have also randomly came out of nowhere with the large edits in each episode, almost like they've been having the large edits since the beginning.

And T/V have again slowly started to fade, the only thing keeping them actually in the episode last week was their constantly reminding everyone that they could speak Mandarin, and the fact that they had some disobedient birds...

could this mean that K/J are actually safe, and T/V are slowly being cycled out before their elimination on the penultimate leg?

THIS IS PURELY MY OBSERVATIONS AND SPECULATIONS:

TK and Rachel have been non-existent throughout the last few parts (see:Italy to Finale) the entire Season 12 and they won the race. I believe they had more editing during the first half of the race... Nate and Jen, which we all got to know got the final boot.
Dandrew was somehow non-existent and came to the Final 3 last season. Toni and Dallas though had a lot of airtime in the near end (India 1 - Moscow 2), but lead to their surprise elimination = loss of passports.
Eric and Danielle were almost non existent due to Dustin and Kandice and the race's gaga over Charla and Mirna :yess: and Oswald and Danny, and yet they won...
Bama got past Dustin and Kandice in Season 10
Ray and Yolanda was rather invisible made it to the Final 3 of the 9th season.
The Linzes were boring during their race, but they won against the Bransens and the producer's favorite the Weavers, Godlewskis got a lot of airtime nearing the end of their Race at the penultimate leg.
Meredith and Gretchen got more airtime as they near their elimination from some old guys...
Hayden and Aaron got eliminated in China after being so much focused in almost all episodes, Adam and Rebecca however were not that seen throughout got past after the yield, got past elimination too...
Season 5 was a null as all of them I believe had equal edits, but Colin and Christie got a little edit in the last legs in the Philippines, but they escaped elimination
Season 4 Jon and Al... nuff said. They're fun, had there any more time we get to see them run the finale.
Season 3 Derek and Drew got more airtime than Terri and Ian or the Brothers in the beginning leg and the last few legs before their elimination... and where did they end up? 4th.
Season 2 had Oswald and Danny, such notable people in editing because of their funny and outrageous characters got booted fourth. I didn't even know Chris and Alex were alive at that time.
Season 1 had the Frat Boys, Guido was in fact not appeared that much after faltering so badly in Thailand, only to be spared by Nancy and Emily.

In the examples above, we see that teams that generally become active throughout the series (i.e. Jen and Kisha) nearing the finale gets the final boot. So we can't really say that T/V are outta this game. At least I don't.

Do something exciting or controversial, get more air time.

Tammy & Victor are fairly boring (in a nice way)
Kisha & Jen fighting with Margie & Luke is exciting
Jaime's outbursts are exciting
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 05:49:47 AM by gator27 »

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #128 on: April 23, 2009, 06:48:56 PM »
May I ask a possible silly question?

From all the previews
We have yet to see Tammy and Victor in any shots for this up coming leg?
other then the leg 4 shot the Puddin points out.

If so, where are they?
They either made like Colin & Christie and took a good flight that put them way ahead, made like T.K. & Rachel and took a bad flight that put them behind, or got U-Turned for their strength.

I'm probably gonna wager they're behind.  If they were ahead, we'd be seeing action clips of them doing at least one of the tasks.

Me too.  I think Tammy & Victor either took a bad flight that put them behind or (more likely) got U-Turned for their strength.  Cara & Jamie probably used the U-Turn, although it's possible LaKisha & Jen did.  Margie & Luke can't use theirs -- they already used it on Amanda & Kris.

Belle Book

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #129 on: April 23, 2009, 07:18:41 PM »

Do something exciting or controversial, get more air time.

Tammy & Victor are fairly boring (in a nice way)
Kisha & Jen fighting with Margie & Luke is exciting
Jaime's out bursts is exciting

I agree... I't actually doesn't matter whether you're airtime appears in the near end or in the first part, so we can't really tell about the ranks of the teams based on the airtime they are showing us per episode...

It does not mean about any elimination...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 07:34:51 PM by Mooyou »

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: April 23, 2009, 07:47:22 PM »
Based on the wiki of the last two seasons, the leg with the second U-Turn has always ended with 4 teams left in the race, so I would expect it in this episode. 

With it historically being Detour --> U-Turn --> Roadblock, the racers getting massaged, if it's the roadblock, don't look like they have very wet hair.  Of course, that might not mean anything.

If Margie & Luke and Kisha & Jen continue feuding, then the U-Turn is the most likely weapon--via Jaime & Cara or, if they made a deal with them, Tammy & Victor--because I don't expect them to continue running into each other at clueboxes.

The only things that are throwing me off are the fact that it's dark out when Margie & Luke finish swimming.  Since the massage and the swimming & diving are all indoors, daylight might not matter in this leg.  How late does this leg go? 

It's too bad I can't make out Cara's watch at the massage.

I don't know what it means, but Luke is only wearing a white t-shirt both in the taxi after swimming and at the massage.

If the Roadblock is just getting a massage, then a U-Turned team is not going to be able to make up much time at the Roadblock.

Since I didn't see anyone else guess it, if the swimming & diving are the Detour options, then I'm going to guess that the Detour is called "Sink" or "Swim."

About Tammy & Victor, if they weren't stuck between the two feuding teams in the last leg, they probably wouldn't have appeared at all in the previews.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2009, 07:53:13 PM »
Based on the wiki of the last two seasons, the leg with the second U-Turn has always ended with 4 teams left in the race, so I would expect it in this episode. 

The last U-TURN of the 12th season was with 5 teams...

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #132 on: April 24, 2009, 12:34:37 AM »
Next week has to be a NEL, with a elimination, then our finale.. 3 more weeks of TAR.. then we'll have nothing to look forward to. Dang it, why does good shows always come together. Why can't they have TAR ending, followed by Survivor, then another season of TAR?? (:;)

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #133 on: April 24, 2009, 02:29:57 AM »
^^Not to mention, AI, the Apprentice & America's Next Top Model are also ending in May, so we'll have nothing. Except maybe Big Brother, but that's it. No Pitstops. No Tribal Councils. No Board Rooms. No Tyra mail. No Simon/Paula.

ETA: look, DrRox, sorry but the thing I was supposed to post slipped my mind. What I wanted to say was that I think the order of the markers were like this:

Flight --> Roadblock in midafternoon --> Detour that extends until evening --> U-Turn --> Pitstop.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 03:25:46 AM by Raymond »
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #134 on: April 24, 2009, 03:08:01 AM »
^^Not to mention, AI, the Apprentice & America's Next Top Model are also ending in May, so we'll have nothing. Except maybe Big Brother, but that's it. No Pitstops. No Tribal Councils. No Board Rooms. No Tyra mail. No Simon/Paula.

What, if anything, does this have to do with The Amazing Race 14, Episode 10? That is the topic of this thread. Do you have some kind of internet tourettes syndrom, that causes you to just post anything without having any mental control? You did the same thing on Sunday and spoiled the finsh for many of us.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 03:23:49 AM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #135 on: April 24, 2009, 03:14:09 AM »
Well this leg/episode starts in Guilin and ends in Beijing. What time did K/J, T/V and M/L finish Leg 9? So far we have had two times for the opening of the Brocade Mtn task, either 6:00 am (Neobie, I think) or 6:30 am (apskip). To me, all the teams finished the tasks in Leg 9 pretty quickly, somewhere in the 9-10 am time frame. If Chateau can work some magic, maybe we can be more specific. The reason I bring this up is that the evening flights from Guilin to Beijing on Nov 18th were at:

CZ 3287   17:10-19:50  (5:10 pm-7:50 pm)
CA 1226   21:05-00:05 (9:05 pm-12:05 am)

Morning of Nov 19th flights were:
CZ 3281   9:00-11:25
CA 1312   11:45-14:35 (11:45 am-2:35 pm)

Since the activities appear to be all at night, that would (to me) preclude the morning flights on Nov 19th. So I think that TPTB will give us a shortened pit stop this episode, in order for the 4 teams to make the last flight to Beijing and another bunching point.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #136 on: April 24, 2009, 05:03:33 AM »
The only edit spoiler you can get is when a team is given more edit than the others, such as in TAR 13, where Andrew and Dan and Toni and Dallas were given more edit than Mark and Bill even though the latter did better the two teams for the first leg.

TK and Rachel is an example that edit spoiler does not exist, because based on the edit. Season 12 is all about Ronald and Christina, but they still didn't win.

Yup, just my take.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #137 on: April 24, 2009, 06:01:48 AM »
Me too.  I think Tammy & Victor either took a bad flight that put them behind or (more likely) got U-Turned for their strength.  Cara & Jamie probably used the U-Turn, although it's possible LaKisha & Jen did.  Margie & Luke can't use theirs -- they already used it on Amanda & Kris.

Belle Book

Sink or Swim (Diving or Swimming) seems like a logical Detour.  With Kisha & Jen doing both tasks, especially with the breakdown, they are the U-Turned team.  The alliance between Margie & Luke with Cara & Jamie, established in earlier episodes, helps establish Cara & Jamie as the likely U-Turners.  I cannot see Tammy & Victor using the U-Turn on someone.

Now, how did Cara & Jamie get ahead of Kisha & Jen?  Flight bunching?  Hours of operation?  Laps in the pool?

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #138 on: April 24, 2009, 06:04:59 AM »

Belle Book

Sink or Swim (Diving or Swimming) seems like a logical Detour.  With Kisha & Jen doing both tasks, especially with the breakdown, they are the U-Turned team.  The alliance between Margie & Luke with Cara & Jamie, established in earlier episodes, helps establish Cara & Jamie as the likely U-Turners.  I cannot see Tammy & Victor using the U-Turn on someone.

Now, how did Cara & Jamie get ahead of Kisha & Jen?  Flight bunching?  Hours of operation?  Laps in the pool?

We don't ever see Kisha and Jen complete both tasks, its still very possible that they chose the diving, decided they couldn't do it, and went for the swimming, which would appear to be slightly safer.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #139 on: April 24, 2009, 06:35:05 AM »

Belle Book

We don't ever see Kisha and Jen complete both tasks, its still very possible that they chose the diving, decided they couldn't do it, and went for the swimming, which would appear to be slightly safer.

I am with you, Coutzy. They could start swimming, give up and go try diving, give up and go back swimming. Who knows at this point in time. Unless we get more clues, we will just have to wait till Sunday. There doesn't have to be a U-turn at all. As a matter of fact, if I was Jamie/Cara and could see how much trouble that K/J were having, wouldn't it be smarter/wiser to U-turn T/V......almost like getting two teams U-turned that way.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #140 on: April 24, 2009, 07:52:45 AM »

I am with you, Coutzy. They could start swimming, give up and go try diving, give up and go back swimming. Who knows at this point in time. Unless we get more clues, we will just have to wait till Sunday. There doesn't have to be a U-turn at all. As a matter of fact, if I was Jamie/Cara and could see how much trouble that K/J were having, wouldn't it be smarter/wiser to U-turn T/V......almost like getting two teams U-turned that way.

I like the task switching idea.  Not liking water sports would add plenty of doubt for the tasks.

If Tammy & Victor are ahead of Cara & Jamie, Cara & Jamie cannot use the U-Turn on them.

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #141 on: April 24, 2009, 08:03:01 AM »
I HOPE KISHA AND JEN GET ELIMINATED/SPEED BUMPED!!!!!!!!!!!  :yess:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #142 on: April 24, 2009, 10:00:03 AM »
^^ o_O

Anyway, i'm hoping the last place team on a NEL stop getting eliminated for this season. LOL, if not the NEL serves no purpose.

And i'm starting to miss the Fast Forward. :(

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #143 on: April 24, 2009, 11:14:54 AM »
just running thru my dvd and this is all I see new in the commercials that were aired this morning

Jen: home stretch

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #144 on: April 24, 2009, 11:48:50 AM »
I wonder if there'll be a U-turn on the penultimate leg of the race. That will be a true test.

And I'm thinking that teams that usually get a lot of edit don't win. Unless it's a team like Nick and Starr who're always finishing in first place, that's a different story. I'm guessing one of the all-female teams win this season, and that's gonna be awesome. Cara and Jaime for the win!
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #145 on: April 24, 2009, 11:55:06 AM »
just running thru my dvd and this is all I see new in the commercials that were aired this morning

FWIW, this appears to be a Guilin taxi (window sticker similar to one in previous epiosde)

So they must be on their way to the Guilin airport for their flight to Beijing.   :snicker:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 12:06:31 PM by Boingo »

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #146 on: April 24, 2009, 12:06:55 PM »

FWIW, this appears to be a Guilin taxi (window sticker similar to one in previous epiosde)

taxi in Guilin leg

So they must be on their way to the Guilin airport for their flight to Beijing.   :snicker:
Ooh, then it was either an eighteen- or a twenty-four-hour Pit Stop, and they'll all be on the same flight leaving in the daytime, then.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #147 on: April 24, 2009, 01:49:15 PM »

ETA: look, DrRox, sorry but the thing I was supposed to post slipped my mind. What I wanted to say was that I think the order of the markers were like this:

Flight --> Roadblock in midafternoon --> Detour that extends until evening --> U-Turn --> Pitstop.

Raymond,
I can't imagine how all the good TV shows end in May when the regular viewing season is finished and when May Sweeps month rating numbers are completed. My only advice to you is start watching the numerous reruns on the Travel Channel as a survival strategy.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #148 on: April 24, 2009, 02:20:55 PM »
^^ o_O

Anyway, i'm hoping the last place team on a NEL stop getting eliminated for this season. LOL, if not the NEL serves no purpose.

Joab,

Here are some purposes that NELs serve:
1. to trigger a Marked for Elimination penalty. Some of these (Christie/Jodi in AR14 or Dustin/Kandice in AR10 or David/Mary in Madagascar) result in eliminations and others like David/Mary at Kuwait City in AR10 do not.
2. if we are talking Amazing Race Asia then the alternative of a "lose all your money" penalty is still used
3. most importantly, to enable World Race Productions to have more than 9 legs for a 11 team race. Without the NEL of TBC, that is not possible. I think we would all say that more legs in an Amazing Raceare better than fewer.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #149 on: April 24, 2009, 10:36:20 PM »
^^ o_O

Joab,

Here are some purposes that NELs serve:
1. to trigger a Marked for Elimination penalty. Some of these (Christie/Jodi in AR14 or Dustin/Kandice in AR10 or David/Mary in Madagascar) result in eliminations and others like David/Mary at Kuwait City in AR10 do not.
2. if we are talking Amazing Race Asia then the alternative of a "lose all your money" penalty is still used
3. most importantly, to enable World Race Productions to have more than 9 legs for a 11 team race. Without the NEL of TBC, that is not possible. I think we would all say that more legs in an Amazing Raceare better than fewer.

askip, i do know what the NEL serves as for TAR, thanks. My POV for the post above was that the NEL will serve no purpose for the team in last place because it is supposed to help the team advance further, and not remain in the same placing.