Author Topic: TAR14 EP10: Having a Baby’s Gotta Be Easier Than This (China)  (Read 115599 times)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
Re: TAR14 EP10: Having a Baby’s Gotta Be Easier Than This (China)
« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2009, 03:48:00 PM »
what if the swimming task is a detour option? and the other one is the diving task?

both would be difficult for jen to do, and that is why we see her break down in that hallway

maybe they have to do a different type of dive off of each one, and they have to be synchronized in order to move to the next diving board

what do you guys think?  :duno:

That might be a distinct possibility.  If both Detour tasks are swimming ones, there's no way that Jen can avoid doing a swimming Detour.  In that case ... poor Jen!

Belle Book

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2009, 05:38:14 PM »
I think those reactions at the pitstop are from episode 5 at the Opera Ballet ......

eta: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTHmguHhMIg&feature=related

I disagree. I think it is episode at the Musical Comedy Theatre in Krasnojarsk. However, since 4 women have comething akin to wool caps on, it's crystal clear that the teams were not in Hawaii for these shots.

I may not often agree with Ashe, but this time I do. It's episode 4.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 05:41:45 PM by apskip »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2009, 05:45:02 PM »
Well yeah I said he was right, I meant episode 4 and obviously even posted a YT link for EP4.. what more do you want me to say? 44444444444444444444444444444444

I think those reactions at the pitstop are from episode 5 at the Opera Ballet ......

I disagree. I think it is episode at the Musical Comedy Theatre in Krasnojarsk. However, since 4 women have comething akin to wool caps on, it's crystal clear that the teams were not in Hawaii for these shots.

I may not often agree with Ashe, but this time I do. It's episode 4.

That's episode four, actually.  Episode five saw them in the balcony, not on the stage.
oops I meant 4! lol

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2009, 07:43:32 PM »
"thrill of victory, agony of the feet"  :lol:

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2009, 09:15:59 PM »
Yep.  The massage definitely seems like a Roadblock, and the swimming like either a regular task or a Detour.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #105 on: April 22, 2009, 10:25:24 PM »
I could feel the pain on Cara's face!

<< HQ option

Final 4 commercial

NoluckBoston

« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2009, 10:56:42 PM »
May I ask a possible silly question?

From all the previews
We have yet to see Tammy and Victor in any shots for this up coming leg?
other then the leg 4 shot the Puddin points out.

If so, where are they?

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2009, 11:06:12 PM »
^^[brokenrecord]Maybe they took a Fast Forward.[/brokenrecord]
I'm baaaaaack!

NoluckBoston

« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2009, 11:17:04 PM »

Yes, but hasn't it been reported that there are no more fast forwards?

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2009, 11:44:37 PM »
^^I know, hence the [brokenrecord] tags. But unless they're the actual team that got U-Turned, then I don't know why they're a no-show.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2009, 12:38:30 AM »

From all the previews

If so, where are they?
They either made like Colin & Christie and took a good flight that put them way ahead, made like T.K. & Rachel and took a bad flight that put them behind, or got U-Turned for their strength.

I'm probably gonna wager they're behind.  If they were ahead, we'd be seeing action clips of them doing at least one of the tasks.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 12:42:30 AM by Ashe »
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2009, 02:01:18 AM »

From all the previews

If so, where are they?

Your question's not silly, in fact I am too boggled by the lack of previews for T/V

at least when TK/Rachel got delayed in flights, they had promos saying where are they to...
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: April 23, 2009, 03:53:23 AM »

Yes, but hasn't it been reported that there are no more fast forwards?

It was also reported in Season 12 that there will be no more eliminations... I'll believe it when i see it.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: April 23, 2009, 04:07:57 AM »

Kisha and Jen appeared to have pissed off Tammy/Victor, maybe they will u-turn them resulting in them doing the other detour... 

How on earth did that happen...infact t/v were so happy for them on finishing first...i'm very much sure it has to be c/j returning favour to m/l by u-turning k/j...but i just hope that doesn't happen :snicker:

Both T/V and C/J are in an alliance with M/L... although M/L distrusts T/V after what happened in Siberia...

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: April 23, 2009, 04:24:08 AM »
^^T/V are not in any alliance, as they have made clear during that same Siberia leg.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Kevin

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #115 on: April 23, 2009, 04:41:10 AM »
CBS overpromoting Jen's fear of water probably means they did make it to the F3  ;)

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: April 23, 2009, 04:45:26 AM »
^^Good luck to Kisha/Jen, if that's the case. :lol:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #117 on: April 23, 2009, 06:13:36 AM »

It was also reported in Season 12 that there will be no more eliminations... I'll believe it when i see it.

I am not aware of any such report? Can you show us your data please?

In fact, it seems widely believed that this leg may be another NEL, with the final elimination to give us our Final 3 coming next week.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: April 23, 2009, 06:26:57 AM »

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/the_amazing_race_12/2007_Jul_25_non_elimination_dropped

The Amazing Race 12 will drop its non-elimination legs, introduced in the first season, executive producer Jonathan Littman told The Orlando Sentinel’s Hal Boedeker.

As a result, two episodes will be dropped (12 episodes aired last season; 13 the previous few seasons), and Boedeker reports that’s “to create more excitement.” Presumably, that means punishments for arriving last at the non-elimination leg—most recently the “marked for elimination” penalty, and earlier the stripped-of-cash-and-clothes penalty—will also disappear. And now Phil can always say “the last team to arrive will be eliminated.”

Littman also said that the new cast “is a tough group.” However, “They’ll be younger. We still have a good balance.”

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #119 on: April 23, 2009, 06:36:09 AM »
My fault, I read that as Season 13:groan:

Oh yes, that was a error that TPTB then let go on, probably just to confound us. :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2009, 06:54:34 AM »
CBS overpromoting Jen's fear of water probably means they did make it to the F3  ;)

Kevin,
You should alter your statement to "make it to the next episode." The probability that the first Beijing episode will be the remaining NEL or TBC leg is high. I do agree (and have stated in a thread, maybe even this one) that the emphasis on the water fear means that Kisha/Jen are safe this episode.

DavidJunior

« Reply #121 on: April 23, 2009, 09:34:49 AM »
has anyone else noticed that the farther we go along in the race, the more we start to see of K/J, and the less we see of T/V?

these last three previews were very focused towards K/J, and T/V were almost non-existent.

and K/J have also randomly came out of nowhere with the large edits in each episode, almost like they've been having the large edits since the beginning.

And T/V have again slowly started to fade, the only thing keeping them actually in the episode last week was their constantly reminding everyone that they could speak Mandarin, and the fact that they had some disobedient birds...

could this mean that K/J are actually safe, and T/V are slowly being cycled out before their elimination on the penultimate leg?

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2009, 10:13:27 AM »
Yay for Kisha/Jen. Nay for Tammy/Victor.

Being probably the only Margie/Luke-nonfan here, I'd want them outta there ASAP.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2009, 10:17:09 AM »
has anyone else noticed that the farther we go along in the race, the more we start to see of K/J, and the less we see of T/V?

these last three previews were very focused towards K/J, and T/V were almost non-existent.

and K/J have also randomly came out of nowhere with the large edits in each episode, almost like they've been having the large edits since the beginning.

And T/V have again slowly started to fade, the only thing keeping them actually in the episode last week was their constantly reminding everyone that they could speak Mandarin, and the fact that they had some disobedient birds...

could this mean that K/J are actually safe, and T/V are slowly being cycled out before their elimination on the penultimate leg?

THIS IS PURELY MY OBSERVATIONS AND SPECULATIONS:

TK and Rachel have been non-existent throughout the last few parts (see:Italy to Finale) the entire Season 12 and they won the race. I believe they had more editing during the first half of the race... Nate and Jen, which we all got to know got the final boot.
Dandrew was somehow non-existent and came to the Final 3 last season. Toni and Dallas though had a lot of airtime in the near end (India 1 - Moscow 2), but lead to their surprise elimination = loss of passports.
Eric and Danielle were almost non existent due to Dustin and Kandice and the race's gaga over Charla and Mirna :yess: and Oswald and Danny, and yet they won...
Bama got past Dustin and Kandice in Season 10
Ray and Yolanda was rather invisible made it to the Final 3 of the 9th season.
The Linzes were boring during their race, but they won against the Bransens and the producer's favorite the Weavers, Godlewskis got a lot of airtime nearing the end of their Race at the penultimate leg.
Meredith and Gretchen got more airtime as they near their elimination from some old guys...
Hayden and Aaron got eliminated in China after being so much focused in almost all episodes, Adam and Rebecca however were not that seen throughout got past after the yield, got past elimination too...
Season 5 was a null as all of them I believe had equal edits, but Colin and Christie got a little edit in the last legs in the Philippines, but they escaped elimination
Season 4 Jon and Al... nuff said. They're fun, had there any more time we get to see them run the finale.
Season 3 Derek and Drew got more airtime than Terri and Ian or the Brothers in the beginning leg and the last few legs before their elimination... and where did they end up? 4th.
Season 2 had Oswald and Danny, such notable people in editing because of their funny and outrageous characters got booted fourth. I didn't even know Chris and Alex were alive at that time.
Season 1 had the Frat Boys, Guido was in fact not appeared that much after faltering so badly in Thailand, only to be spared by Nancy and Emily.

In the examples above, we see that teams that generally become active throughout the series (i.e. Jen and Kisha) nearing the finale gets the final boot. So we can't really say that T/V are outta this game. At least I don't.
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2009, 10:25:31 AM »
Well, this show has taught me one thing: There is no such thing as a "nth placer" edit. I mean, right now, nothing's certain. We only have sightings of teams in either Beijing Airport or Hawaii.

Jaime/Cara could be decoys in the airport racing alongside Margie/Luke or vice-versa (production is doing a better job throwing us off nowadays).
Kisha/Jen have not been seen anywhere (except in Hawaii)
Tammy/Victor were spotted with Phil & BVM (red flag)
I'm baaaaaack!