Author Topic: TAR14 EP10: Having a Baby’s Gotta Be Easier Than This (China)  (Read 115582 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR14 EP10: Having a Baby’s Gotta Be Easier Than This (China)
« Reply #200 on: April 26, 2009, 01:24:22 PM »
I know I may sound like a broken record but... regarding the speculation that T/V were seen traveling with Phil & BVM...how reliable is the source?  Combine that with the fact that NO T/V seen in the previews is it possible that CBS is trying to hoodwink us? 
CBS does pay attention to these forums.  In other forums during other shows, it has been highly speculated that CBS has indeed been following the posts.  Since RFF is the BEST hands down when it comes to TAR, it would make sense that this is the forum they'd watch.  Is it possible we were fed false info regarding the flight sightings in the last leg?
Something is up.  How do T/V go from seconds out of first place to possibly the next eliminated?   Something big must have happened.  And if that were the case, why no preview, such as with K/J and the "water issues".  You'd think they'd be promoting the heck out of it.
Just MHO and speculations!   :res:
Why repeat a question that was already addressed in the speculation thread? and if you think you sound like a broken record then you should know better than to ask again.

How do T/V go from seconds out of first place to possibly the next eliminated?
Where is this written? Where do you read that T/V go from seconds out of first place to possibly the next eliminated? What leg are you talking about? this leg? next leg? last leg?

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #201 on: April 26, 2009, 01:27:28 PM »
I think littlewop was referring to the fact that they were only a few seconds off first on the last leg, and now since we are not seeing anything of them in the previews, people have started speculating that they are going to be eliminated.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #202 on: April 26, 2009, 01:42:49 PM »
I think littlewop was referring to the fact that they were only a few seconds off first on the last leg, and now since we are not seeing anything of them in the previews, people have started speculating that they are going to be eliminated.
Or at least fall far back, as they weren't seen at all.  They could still be in it and just weren't seen, but I don't know.  Do you, puddin?  I mean, you did outright say that Christie & Jodi would get booted in India, and that Phuket wasn't an NEL.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #203 on: April 26, 2009, 01:45:23 PM »
On the subject of the punishment for Non Eliminations.  Originally there was none.  Being last on a non elimination just meant you left last.  Then it was a removal of cash for the next leg, where teams ended up begging in some very poor countries and that had no real impact on the race.  Then it was stripping on money and possessions and again it had to real impact on the race.

Then they created the either you arrive first or get hit with a 30 minute penalty.  That only impacted David & Mary who actually arrived in third (with Bama fourth) and were eliminated.  Every other team that got eliminated arrived in last place and the penalty was not a factor.

Then we switched to the speed bump concept.  Now in season 12 that helped to eliminated Kynt & Vyxsin (though the had the option of Yielded Jen & Nathan and that would have spared them).

Season 13 no one was eliminated due to the speedbump.

This season so far two teams have been eliminated and in each one it was clear in footage that each team could have made up the difference in the tasks.  

So clearly they are designed that teams do have the option (if thy are fast) to stay alive.

And frankly I like it (and the last type the 30 minute penalty), I think you should have to prove that you deserve to still be in the race.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #204 on: April 26, 2009, 01:49:08 PM »
Well in general with this being the 10th out of 12 legs that we are assuming that this is the last non elimination (or by some odd chance the 1st part of a tbc leg).

Its been a while since they would have had an elimination on this leg and then have three teams running for the last two legs (though it has happened in earlier years, its just been a while).

And any team could go from first to worse.  Only rarely has the show produced legs where their is no form of equalization at all (even if not all teams get equalized) I know the leg that Lorena & Jason got eliminated on was a completely linear leg with no points of equalization (and at the time that was only the 2nd leg in race history designed like that). 

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #205 on: April 26, 2009, 01:52:18 PM »

Thank you, that is what I meant.  That is why I used the word POSSIBLY in my post.

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #206 on: April 26, 2009, 01:56:20 PM »
Do we have any information that there is only 1 FF in this season? Because it seems like there are 2 FFs every season since season 5, including the un-aired ones.  Since we only had 1 FF in this season (the un-aired one in Phuket,  Thailand) so far, if there would be another FF in this season, it has to be in this episode.  Does anyone here think it is possible?

Offline colav10

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #207 on: April 26, 2009, 02:16:52 PM »
The previews (to me at least) indicate without a doubt that the foot massage comes before the swimming. A few examples:

1. Margies' hair is dry while watching Luke at foot massage, then is clearly wet in the taxi (after swim)
2. Indications are teams arrive in Bejing during the evening and Kisha & Jen are at the pool(s) with daylight showing through the windows.

Just MHO however.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #208 on: April 26, 2009, 02:24:16 PM »
Or at least fall far back, as they weren't seen at all.  They could still be in it and just weren't seen, but I don't know.  Do you, puddin?  I mean, you did outright say that Christie & Jodi would get booted in India, and that Phuket wasn't an NEL.
I'll predict no one is eliminated tonight.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #209 on: April 26, 2009, 03:31:57 PM »
Do we have any information that there is only 1 FF in this season? Because it seems like there are 2 FFs every season since season 5, including the un-aired ones.  Since we only had 1 FF in this season (the un-aired one in Phuket,  Thailand) so far, if there would be another FF in this season, it has to be in this episode.  Does anyone here think it is possible?
I'm going to go with the TAR Detectives on this one. They have steadfast said there was only one FF in this season and it was unused. Don't forget, CBS cut budget this season reducing the numbers of days traveled and also some more expensive things on the race like the FF.

If the TAR Detectives say they have it on good authority that there was only one FF this season, then you can go with it.
Just here to visit.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #210 on: April 26, 2009, 03:54:23 PM »
But who'll hit that mat last tonight?
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #211 on: April 26, 2009, 04:05:54 PM »
But who'll hit that mat last tonight?
The team that finishes 4th! :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #212 on: April 26, 2009, 04:13:31 PM »
I'm going to go with the TAR Detectives on this one. They have steadfast said there was only one FF in this season and it was unused. Don't forget, CBS cut budget this season reducing the numbers of days traveled and also some more expensive things on the race like the FF.

If the TAR Detectives say they have it on good authority that there was only one FF this season, then you can go with it.

For real.  It's all about that budget.  BTW, I forgot who asked me "Why not?"  in terms of why there will never be 15 episodes (or at least in TAR15).  It might not have been here, but since CBS cut the budget, it was nothing more than a typo.  Even if the budget was a non-issue, there wouldn't be 15 episodes, as it would cut into Survivor, the holidays, and Big Brother.  As much as they could push those shows to make room for TAR, that's nothing more than wishful thinking.

Anyway, as far as this FF thing goes, even with an awesome budget, I hardly think that we'll be seeing more than 2 per race again.  No need to spend money (infinite or no) on something that people might forgo.  Though it would help if the FF tasks were better than they've been over the past few seasons (IMO, they pretty much sucked).  I have to admit that it's a shame about the FF, regardless.  At this rate, it might get phased out completely.

Regardless, it's one of those things that I think I deal with, as I'm thankful we're still getting seasons of TAR.  It is the most expensive reality show right now.  Though if the tight budget is the main reason, I think they might want to consider going back to the Mark-For-Elimination penalty, as that didn't involve an extra task.

As for the episode, I don't think anyone will be booted tonight either.  Good think too, since I'm actually hoping Tammy/Victor make it to the end.  They've been pretty consistent throughout the race.  Although as mentioned, it's been a while since they've had three teams only in the last TWO legs.  That actually used to be the norm for seven of the first nine TARs.  Then since they moved TAR to Sunday with a one-hour finale, they've gone back to having the 4th-place finishers leave on the penultimate leg.  I wonder if they'd actually do that if the finale was a two-hour, two leg show (it's happened before, I know).  Finally, I'm actually hoping that someday, they'll have the 4th place team exit with two legs to go, because it would be interesting to see how one team would perform with a speedbump on the $1 Million leg.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #213 on: April 26, 2009, 04:27:48 PM »
So...much...words. lol :o

I'm guessing T/V are not in previews because they have no problem in the leg and end up well ahead of the others.
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #214 on: April 26, 2009, 04:29:43 PM »
And frankly I like it (and the last type the 30 minute penalty), I think you should have to prove that you deserve to still be in the race.

:ythat:

I agree. The speedbump and marked for elimination was the perfect penalty because it didn't give away a free pass (like seasons 1-4), nor did they put teams at a completely unfair disadvantage (5-9). I wouldn't mind getting rid of the FF.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #215 on: April 26, 2009, 04:33:37 PM »

:ythat:

I agree. The speedbump and marked for elimination was the perfect penalty because it didn't give away a free pass (like seasons 1-4), nor did they put teams at a completely unfair disadvantage (5-9). I wouldn't mind getting rid of the FF.
To me the FF is one of the many best and classic parts of TAR.  It wouldn't seem the same without it.  Just like this season...

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #216 on: April 26, 2009, 04:45:51 PM »
Yeah. There should be like 2/3 FF's in a season, that's my preference. It gives a rush-adrenaline thing.
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #217 on: April 26, 2009, 04:55:47 PM »

I'm guessing T/V are not in previews because they have no problem in the leg and end up well ahead of the others.

I'll guess you are right realshowfan and I'll make a guess at the placings, my speculation!
Tammy & Victor #1
Luke & Marge #2
Jamie & Cara #3
The sisters fall behind whether its because they switched detours or were U-Turned I have no idea then with Jens fear hyped up I'll guess they are last and marked with the so called speed bump  in the next leg.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #218 on: April 26, 2009, 05:14:52 PM »

Me too. :)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #219 on: April 26, 2009, 05:25:48 PM »

<snip>

I was fast forwarding thru the golf from this afternoon and noticed that one of the TAR previews showed Tammy and Victor diving.  They jumped off the diving boards at almost the same time.  I didn't notice any other shots that we hadn't already seen in other previews.  However, I was fast forwarding and looking for the TAR promos and might have missed one.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #220 on: April 26, 2009, 05:27:42 PM »
About what time FLFan? puddin can snag it if she know when...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #221 on: April 26, 2009, 05:36:57 PM »

<snip>

I was fast forwarding thru the golf from this afternoon and noticed that one of the TAR previews showed Tammy and Victor diving.  They jumped off the diving boards at almost the same time.  I didn't notice any other shots that we hadn't already seen in other previews.  However, I was fast forwarding and looking for the TAR promos and might have missed one.
I have it all recorded FLFan and if you give me a time it would help as I was watching Nascar here and there so wasn't watching the golf every minute.

:lol:

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #222 on: April 26, 2009, 05:42:56 PM »

It's been a few seasons since I've been in this thread, but Me three.   

Especially since Phil and not an eliminated team will be on Bonnie this week.   :-[

as I was watching Nascar here

That sure was an exciting finish.  I also have to admit that it was a lot more thrilling than the teams pedaling around Talledega during Race 8.   :groan:

Offline colav10

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #223 on: April 26, 2009, 05:49:09 PM »
My guess for pit stop order is:

1) Tammy/Victor
2) Margie/Luke
3) Cara/Jamie
4) Lakisha/Jen (Non-Elimination)

This is based on pure speculation and the commericals.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #224 on: April 26, 2009, 05:49:17 PM »

It's been a few seasons since I've been in this thread, but Me three.  

Especially since Phil and not an eliminated team will be on Bonnie this week.   :-[

as I was watching Nascar here

That sure was an exciting finish.  I also have to admit that it was a lot more thrilling than the teams pedaling around Talledega during Race 8.   :groan:

Pedaler  :waves: :hearts:!! Well Bonnie Hunt is not a good source for spoilers as she does not have all the eliminated teams, most recently Mike & Mel but being as its down to the end one would think she would have the last eliminated team on.
On the finish at Talledega today, if i had missed that due to watching golf for TAR promos I'd really really be mad at myself  :jam: ..... this is why i watch Nascar!  :yess: :jam: