Author Topic: TAR14 EP9: 'Our Parents Will Cry Themselves to Death' (China)  (Read 170374 times)

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR14 EP9: 'Our Parents Will Cry Themselves to Death' (China)
« Reply #425 on: April 24, 2009, 08:07:38 AM »
I rewatched the episode on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Psf0vdV6EGo) and
saw that Jen did indeed sign (or try to sign) bitch. She is definately not rubbing her chin.
Also when you compare it to Luke's signing it is quite similar.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #426 on: April 25, 2009, 12:28:00 AM »
Here is what Phil said:

After all these weeks of telling you about the "Most Memorable Mat Meltdown" of all time, we finally got to see it last night. What an episode. The throwdown between Luke and Margie and LaKisha and Jen was so intense. All of us in production knew that both teams were really going head-to-head throughout the entire leg, but no one could have predicted it would come down to a foot race to the mat and one of the most emotionally charged Pit Stops I have ever been a part of. It was downright uncomfortable.

Safe to say, Luke is not afraid of confrontation. I was surprised at the intensity level at which he ran this leg. Never backing down, never letting LaKisha or Jen get in his way. Last week I thought Margie was the driving force behind their Team, but this week Luke stepped up and took the lead. On the flip side, I always knew that Jen had that tenacity in her; you don't play Division I collegiate sports and not know how to compete. That’s part of her DNA.

It was one of the longest times we've ever spent on a mat after the teams arrived. We were there for easily half an hour discussing who was to blame for the pushing and shoving at the cluebox, who behaved poorly, etc., etc. No matter how many times LaKisha said that she wasn't making fun of Luke when she laughed, Margie never bought it. I don’t think LaKisha was making fun of Luke. I think she just has a nervous laugh and that's what she does in those situations.

By that point in the day, Margie was so fed up with the way the two Teams fought throughout the entire leg that anything was going to set her off...and it did. I have to say, though, even with all the yelling and arguing at the mat, one of the most comical parts of the entire scene was watching Victor and Tammy, who had no idea what was about to erupt when they landed at the Pit Stop.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,18425.msg390480.html#msg390480
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #427 on: April 25, 2009, 01:57:51 AM »
Still that begs the question: Why did Jaime/Cara fall 30 minutes behind?
I'm baaaaaack!

Online redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #428 on: April 25, 2009, 05:09:24 AM »
Still that begs the question: Why did Jaime/Cara fall 30 minutes behind?

The detour...  they took a long time at the detour, as they couldn't understand the chereographer instructions...

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #429 on: April 25, 2009, 05:26:33 AM »
Ya, but I don't think it would've been that long.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #430 on: April 25, 2009, 10:34:48 AM »
Ya, but I don't think it would've been that long.

Maybe they waited until the shouting was over before they stepped onto the mat.

BTW, I don't think that LaKisha was making fun of Luke either -- or at least she wasn't making fun of him for being deaf.  It may have been partly nerves, but also partly a way to get under his skin since she didn't like him much.  Unfortunately, Margie was in such a state that it set her off.

Belle Book

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #431 on: April 25, 2009, 11:31:25 AM »
From what I understand Jamie & Cara were almost 2 hours ahead of Mark & Michael arriving at the pitstop and why Mark & Michael were told 30 minutes I have no idea but it is false and we might not know until the show is over per interviews/Tarcon.
Cara & Jamie were no where near being eliminated! I also hear that the Brothers knew they were going to be eliminated and decided to shop before hitting the pitstop and even had they not stop to shop the closest they would have been behind Jamie & Cara would be 45 minutes :angel:

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #432 on: April 25, 2009, 12:47:14 PM »
From what I understand Jamie & Cara were almost 2 hours ahead of Mark & Michael arriving at the pitstop and why Mark & Michael were told 30 minutes I have no idea but it is false and we might not know until the show is over per interviews/Tarcon.
Cara & Jamie were no where near being eliminated! I also hear that the Brothers knew they were going to be eliminated and decided to shop before hitting the pitstop and even had they not stop to shop the closest they would have been behind Jamie & Cara would be 45 minutes :angel:
Do we know if they made M&M do the unaired mountain/drum task - or were they so far behind they didn't bother?
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #433 on: April 25, 2009, 01:28:40 PM »
From the interviews they did, M&M did do that task.
Just here to visit.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #434 on: April 25, 2009, 01:33:14 PM »
What was that task, anyway?  What did they have to do?
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #435 on: April 25, 2009, 01:50:53 PM »
start here Ashe
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,18620.msg390259.html#msg390259

and this (back a few pages)
Reality TV World:  Based on the fact it was already daylight out when your flight arrived in Guilen, it looked like you had to say overnight in Guangzhou and arrived in Guilen quite a bit behind everyone else, is that correct?

Mark: Yeah, well what happened was we missed our earlier flight so we ended up having to spend the night at the airport. So that definitely delayed us, we got in later that morning. The only way we actually picked up time was there was an obstacle... where [the contestants] had to wait for the park to open up. They actually didn't show that on the episode, they cut out a whole sequence of climbing 500 stairs to this temple in China.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-mark-and-michael-munoz-talk-about-the-amazing-race-8834.php

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #436 on: April 28, 2009, 08:51:40 PM »
I meant to post this, the drums on folded brocade were shown at the beginning of EP10