Author Topic: TAR14 EP9: 'Our Parents Will Cry Themselves to Death' (China)  (Read 170345 times)

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR14 EP9: 'Our Parents Will Cry Themselves to Death' (China)
« Reply #300 on: April 18, 2009, 07:24:46 PM »
Yeah, I'm beginning to wonder if the cormorant thing was actually the Roadblock.  It's possible.

Belle Book

so if the boat thing was either the roadblock or maybe even a general task, then the dancing grey arm could be Margie, (it still looks too light colored to me to be Victor)
Could the dancing be a general task?  Oh, I need to go back and read the episode description again!
I don't even know were to begin on this whole Mike & Mark thing...maybe the Bonnie Hunt spoiler was too good to be true.  It never made sense to me how they missed 4 flights and ended up on the 11PM flight.
Is it Sunday yet???

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #301 on: April 18, 2009, 07:56:48 PM »
:welcome2: to RFF Vivianne! Glad you are joining in the fun!!

Those videos of the cormorants just go to show....you never know where your fish have been!! :funny: :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #302 on: April 18, 2009, 08:17:57 PM »
The new information actually spells a better and anticipating episode for tomorrow! Spoilers about Mark and Michael actually being in Guangzhou may be wrong (but certainly depicts him - Maybe 11am??). But at least they have a fighting chance, not unless we see them getting penalized for it.

I'm actually scared now... With the new footage - it's anyone's ball game.

And yeah, about Bonnie Hunt's preview... WHY SHOW THIS EARLY???
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #303 on: April 18, 2009, 10:08:41 PM »
I guess Kisha and Jen were just really angry Luke pushed them, and when they reached the next clue box, Luke went head on even though Jen was still the first at the cluebox. I could understand Margie's protect for her son.. but this doesn't mean Kisha/Jen are totally wrong for laughing at Luke. I am sure when we're pissed off for certain times in our life, we do things that are not very nice as well.. this just happens to be one of those "bad" moments for Kisha/Jen.. but I still believe they are very nice people in real life in fact, same goes for Margie and Luke.

I don't remember if anyone remember this. But I remembered there was someone who kept insisting that Kisha/Jen goes early because they are on very good laughing terms with Jennifer and Preston. And in the end.. Kisha and Jen could (most probably) be in the F4 now. This just goes that speculation can't bring us anywhere.. but true spoilers does. So thanks to all of you guys who bring us real real real real good spoilers. :hearts:

Rock on everyone, misses all of you. :jumpy:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #304 on: April 18, 2009, 10:47:42 PM »
That's too funny that Bonnie Hunt spoiled the ending, but that just could be a red herring. Still, awfully funny that Mark & Mike were specifically put in the promo.

And welcome to RFF, Vivienne!!!!!  :waves: :waves: :waves:
Just here to visit.

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #305 on: April 18, 2009, 11:18:39 PM »
I guess Kisha and Jen were just really angry Luke pushed them, and when they reached the next clue box, Luke went head on even though Jen was still the first at the cluebox. I could understand Margie's protect for her son.. but this doesn't mean Kisha/Jen are totally wrong for laughing at Luke. I am sure when we're pissed off for certain times in our life, we do things that are not very nice as well.. this just happens to be one of those "bad" moments for Kisha/Jen.. but I still believe they are very nice people in real life in fact, same goes for Margie and Luke.

I kind of disagree with the observation that "Luke pushed them" at the first shown clue box (using this phrase since we don't know what is the actual first cluebox).  Per a previous message, I stepped thru the promo on my HD DVR.  Luke was at the first shown clue box trying to open it.   Jen is approaching at a run several steps behind.  What I saw was, Jen either pushing Luke or using Luke to stop her forward motion or possibly trying to prevent Luke from backing into her since he had actually had gotten the box open as her hands touch his back.  Remember Luke can't hear Jen approaching!  Jen then goes around to Luke's left as his brings up his left elbow, shoulder and hand with the CLUE in his left hand.  (You can actually see the clue envelope.)  Luke probably did hit Jen, not sure whether it was intentional or not.   After all either 1) he didn't hear her running up behind him or 2) he may have known she was behind him since she did touch him and was "defending" his space.  After all he can't yell "stop it".  If Luke intended to hit Jen, I think Luke's feeling was that he arrived first and should be able to get out of the way by himself not be PUSHED out of the way.  You can then see Jen fuming in the taxi and saying "game on".  Obviously, in Jen's mind, she had no fault in the cluebox scuffle, when clearly she started it.

At the second shown clue box, both Jen and Luke are clearly over the top, body blocking and scuffling all the way to the clue box.  To me, it seems as if some other things to continue the escalation in "bad feelings" have occurred between the two boxes.  Or may be they are just being extremely competive.

As I said before, I find K/J's snickering extremely disturbing.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #306 on: April 18, 2009, 11:31:16 PM »
Could the coal & the dancing be the Detour instead? (although I would be sick of another Labor/Leisure Detour in China).
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #307 on: April 18, 2009, 11:51:34 PM »
I watched some of the TAR promos today and saw the posted videos and screenshots.  Clearly lots of exciting stuff is going to happen Sunday night.  I am not going to be able to watch any of the new promos on Sunday afternoon since I will not be home until almost show time.  Hopefully, I will have time to catch up before watching the show. 

Speculating almost the same ending results:  C/J, K/J, M/L, T/V and M/M

Obviously M/M are going to at least start the leg.  M/M have obviously had fun just traveling and doing the different tasks, so may be they will be able to have some fun in China before being eliminated.

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #308 on: April 19, 2009, 12:15:51 AM »
Could the coal & the dancing be the Detour instead? (although I would be sick of another Labor/Leisure Detour in China).

I was thinking that also.  There is the steel factory in this leg, which could explain the possible "coal" dust on Kisha's hands in one of the promos.  We don't see K/J in any of the dancing promos, of course that may not mean anything.

A Coal vs Dancing detour may explain why we possibly see M/L in the dancing, even though they in general probably would avoid it.  Margie may still not be fit enough, after her collapse in Thailand, to deal with a phyically demanding task.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #309 on: April 19, 2009, 01:24:37 AM »
I just wanna know if it's Mark & Michael who are, indeed, toast or not.  Now knowing they actually do get to do the tasks has me worried.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #310 on: April 19, 2009, 02:19:00 AM »
I just wanna know if it's Mark & Michael who are, indeed, toast or not.  Now knowing they actually do get to do the tasks has me worried.

Well you could do like all the rest of us, read all the pertinent information and make your own conclusion. No one will really know for sure till Sunday night.
Matthew 7:15

Offline colav10

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #311 on: April 19, 2009, 03:04:16 AM »
The clues from CBS affiliate WHLT clearly state that someone becomes frustrated when a dancing judge doesn't understand "his" questions. The use of the word "his" seems to indicate to me that a male racer is the one that gets frustrated, not Jamie or Cara. My bet is on Victor.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #312 on: April 19, 2009, 04:34:08 AM »
I think the "his" is just being used in a general sense.  Victor can speak and understand Chinese, so he'll be able to understand.  I do think the one who won't be able to understand will be Jaime.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #313 on: April 19, 2009, 05:23:46 AM »
I think the "his" is just being used in a general sense.  Victor can speak and understand Chinese, so he'll be able to understand.  I do think the one who won't be able to understand will be Jaime.

Tammy/Victor - both of them could actually generally understand Chinese - quite a spoiler? (Haha... Chinese people of their age - especially with their ranks in their respective jobs should quite master the language with the most number of speakers in the world - as they, specifically Victor actually had lawyer jobs in Asia and China as well, based on his resume online in the OMM site i viewed months ago...)
It seems so improbable that they would have a hard time understanding tasks.

But then again, The Chinese dialect is extremely phonetic. a change in tone could change the whole meaning and essence of the sentence (I'm Chinese and I don't even know how to speak, listen or write Mandarin - but as I'm hearing it from my sisters and other students - uhmmm, I actually don't want to learn it anymore - heck  :lol: :groan:) So I won't be surprised either if they have those few interactions that they'll have a hard time with.

Excited for the episode tomorrow(GMT+8)/later(EST)! Hope that spoilers are true UNTIL THIS EPISODE ONLY. Haha

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #314 on: April 19, 2009, 06:17:07 AM »

Tammy/Victor - both of them could actually generally understand Chinese - quite a spoiler? (Haha... Chinese people of their age - especially with their ranks in their respective jobs should quite master the language with the most number of speakers in the world - as they, specifically Victor actually had lawyer jobs in Asia and China as well, based on his resume online in the OMM site i viewed months ago...)
It seems so improbable that they would have a hard time understanding tasks.

But then again, The Chinese dialect is extremely phonetic. a change in tone could change the whole meaning and essence of the sentence (I'm Chinese and I don't even know how to speak, listen or write Mandarin - but as I'm hearing it from my sisters and other students - uhmmm, I actually don't want to learn it anymore - heck  :lol: :groan:) So I won't be surprised either if they have those few interactions that they'll have a hard time with.

Excited for the episode tomorrow(GMT+8)/later(EST)! Hope that spoilers are true UNTIL THIS EPISODE ONLY. Haha

If "his" does refer to Victor, then maybe he speaks Chinese to the Dancing judge, and she does not understand him.  This frustrates Victor and he (or Tammy) utter, "Our parents will cry themselves to death".

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #315 on: April 19, 2009, 06:52:40 AM »
The clues from CBS affiliate WHLT clearly state that someone becomes frustrated when a dancing judge doesn't understand "his" questions. The use of the word "his" seems to indicate to me that a male racer is the one that gets frustrated, not Jamie or Cara. My bet is on Victor.
Maybe it's Luke, if indeed, they do perform this task, although it appears that they might not. As someone said, it might be a General Task. I can understand a judge not understanding Luke. :duno:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #316 on: April 19, 2009, 07:16:11 AM »
Maybe it's Luke, if indeed, they do perform this task, although it appears that they might not. As someone said, it might be a General Task. I can understand a judge not understanding Luke. :duno:

Luke is used to people not understanding him and likely has a better tolerance for it.  Luke also knows how to work around that problem better than other racers.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #317 on: April 19, 2009, 07:18:26 AM »

If "his" does refer to Victor, then maybe he speaks Chinese to the Dancing judge, and she does not understand him.  This frustrates Victor and he (or Tammy) utter, "Our parents will cry themselves to death".

It's a big possiblity, since Guangxi/zhou people speak mostly Cantonese(?) ... which is even harder to speak for me...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 07:23:25 AM by Mooyou »

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #318 on: April 19, 2009, 07:29:05 AM »
In short:

We have three possible people freaking at the judge: Jaime, Luke, VictorWe have three possible teams in first: Jaime/Cara, Kisha/Jen, Margie/Luke
We have three known non-Speed Bump tasks: coal, cormorants, dancing
We have three legs in China. (just wanted to put this in)
We have three more episodes before the Finale. (just wanted to put this in too :lol: )
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #319 on: April 19, 2009, 08:13:04 AM »
In short:
We have three more episodes before the Finale. (just wanted to put this in too :lol: )

:'( :'( :'( :'( I actually don't want this race to end... could they actually race around the world infinitely?  :funny:

Oh yeah, could Mark and Michael actually get eliminated because of the dancing part? Which gives out the "his" clue in the CBS web promos...??
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 08:49:12 AM by Mooyou »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #320 on: April 19, 2009, 10:09:50 AM »
below are the official CBS clues and press release combined ..

"Our Parents Will Cry Themselves to Death" (China)

*AND ONE RACER'S FRUSTRATION WITH FOREIGN LANGUAGES CONTINUES TO GROW
During the Detour, one Racer is frustrated when a dancing judge dosen’t understand their question.
.... One racer's frustration with non-English speakers grows

*When birds attack! - A fishing cormorant draws blood

* A throwdown at a Cluebox leads to a mat showdown
...and two Teams battle each other throughout the leg, leading to a full-blown mat meltdown
...and check out the most explosive pit stop - EVER!

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #321 on: April 19, 2009, 10:30:22 AM »

According to the screenshots, pictures of M/M appear on the promos for Bonnie Hunt for Monday's episode.  I don't think they would show pictures of Mark & Michael with words "The Amazing Race Castoffs" unless they are toast.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #322 on: April 19, 2009, 12:06:20 PM »
Just like here, China has a bunch of accents that are difficult to understand. If the woman speaks Chinese and has a heavy accent, Victor may not understand it. Not everyone who speaks Chinese can speak clearly. :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #323 on: April 19, 2009, 03:56:25 PM »
This is for those that don't understand the rules ..
When the show is on here 8:00pm ET we don't want to read the outcome before 9:00 ET :okay:
We will be discussing the ongoing show here (link below)and commentary should go here but please delay your comments if you are watching on Channel 5 or whatever channel it is that you all don't get commercials ..
If I see anything posted before 9:00 ET that person will be banned for a week. Please don't ruin it for us like last week...we want to enjoy the show not babysit.
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,18675.msg390029.html#msg390029

:waves: No overtime sports anything! The race will start on time here 8:00pm ET. We ask those that might watch on channel 5? and don't get commercials to please not get ahead of us with the show updates. We like to watch it together :angel:

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #324 on: April 19, 2009, 04:34:43 PM »
It looks like Hercules from AICN has already watched it:

Published on Sunday, April 19, 2009 - 12:31am 
Herc’s Seen Things Get Nasty
On Tonight’s AMAZING RACE!!

I am – Hercules!!

CBS is billing tonight’s edition of “The Amazing Race” as boasting “the most memorable pit stop ever.”

Two twentysomething contestants – deaf college grad Luke Adams and Amazonian marketing assistant Jennifer Hoffman – get into physical confrontations, and Jen’s language turns mean.

“I called him a bitch because it was a bitch move,” says Jen. That’s just the start of the unsportsmanlike behavior that continues well after Phil Keogan informs the contestants of their weekly rankings.

Tame stuff compared to the blows we’ve seen traded recently on cable’s “The Bad Girls Club” and “The Road Rules/Real World Challenge,” to be sure, but unusually uncivilized for “Race.”

The pit stop becomes memorable when Jen, Luke and their teammates arrive at the episode’s finish line almost simultaneously, and host Keogan adds fuel to the fire with uncharacteristically Probstian episode-ending inquiries.

The big destination this week is Guilin, China, where absurdly fabulous Chinese-American Tammy Jih and bossy big bro Victor come to regret not paying closer attention in Chinese school when they discover which tasks will soon be assigned them. The good news is Tammy & Victor both speak Mandarin, and Tammy visited Guilin earlier for spring break.

It’s an especially tricky week for dwarf stuntmen brothers Mark & Michael, penalized with an extra cosmotological task and forced to start in last place for rule-breaking.

There’s also a vicious bird attack, the teams have to choose between choreography and calligraphy, and the redheaded cheerleaders run into trouble when they, rather predictably, choose choreography.

I remind everyone that the people who complain most about reality shows are always the ones most often caught by their moms masturbating to “American Gladiators.”

8 p.m. Sunday. CBS.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40808