Author Topic: TAR14 EP9: 'Our Parents Will Cry Themselves to Death' (China)  (Read 170787 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR14 EP9: 'Our Parents Will Cry Themselves to Death' (China)
« Reply #225 on: April 17, 2009, 11:32:40 AM »
This is the only new thing I saw ..

Kisha: this is getting ugly

NoluckBoston

« Reply #226 on: April 17, 2009, 11:40:00 AM »
Nope, it was just on TV  during my local noon news.  I'd say around 12.15.

Jamie and Cara are dancing with locals. They were in good spirits.

Luke and Marge were in a canoe and a duck bite Luke on the hand. This followed by a shot of them signing at the pit spot " Luke says he will never like birds again. His hand had some blood on it.

Then there were the same shots of the "battle between Luke, Marge, Lakisha and Jenn.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #227 on: April 17, 2009, 11:45:00 AM »
Nope, it was just on TV  during my local noon news.  I'd say around 12.15.

Jamie and Cara are dancing with locals. They were in good spirits.

Luke and Marge were in a canoe and a duck bite Luke on the hand. This followed by a shot of them signing at the pit spot " Luke says he will never like birds again. His hand had some blood on it.

Then there were the same shots of the "battle between Luke, Marge, Lakisha and Jenn.
My local news has dropped their news altogether, sadly, and have opted for info commercials so I didn't get this but am recording now. Thanks for the heads up NoLuck :)

ps. if you see it again will you please note the time please because I don't watch CBS soaps.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #228 on: April 17, 2009, 11:47:43 AM »
puddin is running that DVR every day. It's no wonder why her taser-carrying boyfriend is puzzled why the DVR is so full. :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline rpierson915

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #229 on: April 17, 2009, 11:57:52 AM »
I noticed in the pictures of the teams at the mat, that one of the sisters has something on her hand...I don't know if it is blood, ink, grease or what. Does anybody have any ideas and what this might mean? :duno:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #230 on: April 17, 2009, 12:11:07 PM »
I noticed in the pictures of the teams at the mat, that one of the sisters has something on her hand...I don't know if it is blood, ink, grease or what. Does anybody have any ideas and what this might mean? :duno:
It's most likely coal, from a task at the mines as noted by kaad a few pages back.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #231 on: April 17, 2009, 12:15:05 PM »
puddin is running that DVR every day. It's no wonder why her taser-carrying boyfriend is puzzled why the DVR is so full. :lol:
haha .. actually its a DVR Recorder that records to a disc and then I have my PC hardware that lets me record right on my pc which is way cool! We might have to wait until the Ghost whisperer to see that extended promo .. sigh

NoluckBoston

« Reply #232 on: April 17, 2009, 12:16:36 PM »

Lol Peach I don't watch soaps either. I will try to stomach it lol.

NoluckBoston

« Reply #233 on: April 17, 2009, 12:28:35 PM »
1.27 at the end of the young and restless. just saw it.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #234 on: April 17, 2009, 01:06:24 PM »
This just cracks me up.  The lengths that this group goes to.  And all for a most excellent show.

You guys rock. :jam:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 08:29:07 AM by gator27 »

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #235 on: April 17, 2009, 01:09:29 PM »
haha .. actually its a DVR Recorder that records to a disc and then I have my PC hardware that lets me record right on my pc which is way cool! We might have to wait until the Ghost whisperer to see that extended promo .. sigh

Not be a smart a**, but DVR stands for Digital Video Recorder.  If it isn't recording to a Hard Drive (or some other memory media), it isn't a DVR.  It's just a cable box or converter or whatever.

Unfortunately, my HD DVR is a bit primitive in function and I can't transfer from it directly to my pc.  Hoping that the new model scheduled for release later this year will allow me that function.

GH is a rerun tonight, but I left it scheduled on my DVR, hoping to record a new promo!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #236 on: April 17, 2009, 01:19:03 PM »
Oh your a doll! brb!

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #237 on: April 17, 2009, 01:21:46 PM »
Well, obviously either Cara & Jamie already checked in before the mat meltdown, or they arrive afterwards.  As I'm hoping the NFL cheerleaders win a leg, I'm going with option #1.
I am, too, and am hopeful that this is what happens.  Any dancing-related Detour can move much faster than whatever the others are going to be doing.  (See: Slap It vs. Break It in TAR9.)
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #238 on: April 17, 2009, 01:28:21 PM »

Not be a smart a**, but DVR stands for Digital Video Recorder.  If it isn't recording to a Hard Drive (or some other memory media), it isn't a DVR.  It's just a cable box or converter or whatever.

Unfortunately, my HD DVR is a bit primitive in function and I can't transfer from it directly to my pc.  Hoping that the new model scheduled for release later this year will allow me that function.

GH is a rerun tonight, but I left it scheduled on my DVR, hoping to record a new promo!
okay so what I have is called a DVDR  :tup:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #239 on: April 17, 2009, 01:29:06 PM »
Anticipating the new promo!

I don't think RFF was built on blind speculation; random musings may be fun, we've always been more keen on the analyzing than the guessing... (What FLFan said!) That said, here's a more mathematical approach to the possible arrival orders of the trio...

Margie's standing at the left edge of the oval pattern, which places her around one-fifth from the left side of the plaque rectangle. We see her talking to Phil to the right of the cameraman, and directly behind her is the tip of the Moon Tower. From that we construct the below diagram.

There's only one approach onto the platform pier. Given the way the teams and Phil are arranged, doesn't it suggest the order our three teams arrived? (Remember: teams are unlikely to scramble onto the raised plaque, run three-quarters of 360° around Phil and the greeter, or cut between Phil and earlier teams.)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 01:42:02 PM by Neobie »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #240 on: April 17, 2009, 01:30:29 PM »

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #241 on: April 17, 2009, 01:45:31 PM »
While I appreciate all the scientific mumbo jumbo and what not...LOL... used to figure out who is on the mat first, we are all forgetting one thing...the first team may have stepped to the side either on their own accord or at Phil's direction.  And that step could be to the left or the right with Phil then motioning them back in after .  For all we know, they walked away arguing, and Phil summoned the teams back to the mat.  Or the way they were fighting, they simply could have oushed the other team out of the way.  This may have to wait until Sunday to know exactly what happens.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #242 on: April 17, 2009, 02:07:27 PM »
Video:

<< HQ option

NoluckBoston

« Reply #243 on: April 17, 2009, 02:11:25 PM »
Thanks Puddin.

great work :yess:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #244 on: April 17, 2009, 02:16:00 PM »
nice team work NoLuck and I we do appreciate it

and oh looky looky :...the brothers are toast!

WYOU 2 Tue, Apr 21
3:00 PM Bonnie Hunt Show New
Jorge Garcia; Eliza Dushku. Also: the latest team eliminated from "Amazing Race 14."

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #245 on: April 17, 2009, 03:06:40 PM »
To hell with the eliminated team, I'm watching for Eliza!!!! :yess: :yess: :yess:

I'm stealing that promo for the blog if you don't mind.  :waves: :waves:
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #246 on: April 17, 2009, 03:15:48 PM »
To hell with the eliminated team, I'm watching for Eliza!!!! :yess: :yess: :yess:

I'm stealing that promo for the blog if you don't mind.  :waves: :waves:
Of course Ken its alll yours! Too bad the full screen promo was up after Bonnie Hunt and I'm feeling too lazy for a re-do right now :P

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #247 on: April 17, 2009, 03:18:58 PM »
Thanks to the Eliza mention, I changed my av! :yess:
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #248 on: April 17, 2009, 04:19:45 PM »

I don't think RFF was built on blind speculation; random musings may be fun, we've always been more keen on the analyzing than the guessing... (What FLFan said!) That said, here's a more mathematical approach to the possible arrival orders of the trio...

Margie's standing at the left edge of the oval pattern, which places her around one-fifth from the left side of the plaque rectangle. We see her talking to Phil to the right of the cameraman, and directly behind her is the tip of the Moon Tower. From that we construct the below diagram.

There's only one approach onto the platform pier. Given the way the teams and Phil are arranged, doesn't it suggest the order our three teams arrived? (Remember: teams are unlikely to scramble onto the raised plaque, run three-quarters of 360° around Phil and the greeter, or cut between Phil and earlier teams.)

My take is that Luke and Marge are not happy that Kisha and Jen beat them to the pitstop. Where Tammy/Vic and Cara/Jamie place is ones guess.

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #249 on: April 17, 2009, 05:45:32 PM »

My take is that Luke and Marge are not happy that Kisha and Jen beat them to the pitstop. Where Tammy/Vic and Cara/Jamie place is ones guess.

Actually my take is that K/J and M/L were neck'n'neck until the fishing/duck thing.  The fishing thing being after the 2 clue box smackdowns!  Then Luke got bit and it put M/L behind K/J, since the bite had to be examined and filmed!!  Margie may not be happy with K/J beating them, but her outrage is directed at K/J for their treatment of Luke.  Their dismissiveness and snickering are only making her madder.

The newest promo shows C/J dancing together so it is clearly not a RB.  I am speculating that dancing is one of the detour options and T/V opted to do that also.  In the picture where the dance lady is giggling behind her hand, the jacket appears to belong to Victor, unless I got my colors mixed up. T/V thereby missed the smackdowns, but got caught in the mat meltdown!  Probably M/L decided to forego the dancing option as possibly did K/J, which is why we only saw those 2 teams in action in the previous promos.

Irregardless of language barriers and Jaime's reported Ugly American problem with the dance judge, I am still firmly of the opinion that C/J smoke their detour.  Speculating that C/J are 1st and long gone before the mat meltdown.  T/V have problems with learning the routine, hence the giggling, so are delayed a bit behind C/J.

To keep M/L's 1st or 4th string going, I speculate:  C/J, K/J, T/V and M/L at the mat.  M/M arrive in Guilin after the fat lady has sang and are met at the first clue box by Phil.

Of course, once I get home and step thru the promo, I may change my mind.

FLFan