Author Topic: TAR14 EP9: 'Our Parents Will Cry Themselves to Death' (China)  (Read 170375 times)

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
Re: TAR14 EP9: 'Our Parents Will Cry Themselves to Death' (China)
« Reply #150 on: April 15, 2009, 09:30:43 PM »
Luke is a punk and a momma's boy. He threw an elbow and later pushes Jen. Plain and simple!
Luke will have his mommy do his fighting for sure!

Being that Luke can't speak and vocalize anything.  How could he argue?  He can only sign his frustration and make gutteral sounds so of course his mother is going to fight for him.  She's his voice in the race!  Can you imagine how frustating that must be to want to verbally express yourself and you can't?  All you can do is make a few sounds, show the frustation in your expressions and only use your hands to talk and the other person may not even understand what you are saying!  Nor may you be able to understand what they are saying!  (unless you read lips of course)   I'm not saying Luke is right for pushing but come on, he has limits in verbal arguements so of course he can't argue like you and I would with another person.   Your comment is pretty darn childish.

Having said that, I originally didn't think Margie was going to be a part of the arguement but now with the new footage it looks like she is and she is upset too. I originally thought it was all Luke.  It looks like J/K's snickering for whatever reason they are doing it, sparks a fire under Margie.   They may not be laughing at Luke for the reasons she thinks but I could see how she may misconstrue that  and get upset and step up to defend him.  This should be an interesting episode to see how it all plays out.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #151 on: April 15, 2009, 10:18:44 PM »
That's a nice layout of caps.  :tup: Do you have a collage/photostitch program?
No its just the thumbnail option at photobucket which sure saves a lot of room.

Heres one of the videos

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #152 on: April 15, 2009, 10:38:50 PM »
What's Margie holding? Almost looks like a decorated journal or something?

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #153 on: April 15, 2009, 11:39:57 PM »
Luke is a punk and a momma's boy. He threw an elbow and later pushes Jen. Plain and simple!
Luke will have his mommy do his fighting for sure!

Being that Luke can't speak and vocalize anything.  How could he argue?  He can only sign his frustration and make gutteral sounds so of course his mother is going to fight for him.  She's his voice in the race!  Can you imagine how frustating that must be to want to verbally express yourself and you can't?  All you can do is make a few sounds, show the frustation in your expressions and only use your hands to talk and the other person may not even understand what you are saying!  Nor may you be able to understand what they are saying!  (unless you read lips of course)   I'm not saying Luke is right for pushing but come on, he has limits in verbal arguements so of course he can't argue like you and I would with another person.   Your comment is pretty darn childish.

Having said that, I originally didn't think Margie was going to be a part of the arguement but now with the new footage it looks like she is and she is upset too. I originally thought it was all Luke.  It looks like J/K's snickering for whatever reason they are doing it, sparks a fire under Margie.   They may not be laughing at Luke for the reasons she thinks but I could see how she may misconstrue that  and get upset and step up to defend him.  This should be an interesting episode to see how it all plays out.

I watched the current "coming attractions" on my HD DVR in slow motion several times.  Now, it is hard to tell, but it seems to me that Jen starts it by pushing Luke at the first box.  Luke is already at the box, trying to open it.  Jen is approaching at a run several steps behind.  She then appears to push him as she arrives, you can see her hands on his back just as he gets the cluebox open or charitably she might be trying to prevent him from backing into her.  Then she goes around to his left, at which time he brings his elbox,  shoulder, and hand up with the CLUE in his hand.  He probably hit her, not sure whether it was intentional or not.  After all he can't hear her running up behind him or he may have known she was behind him and was "defending" his space.  After all he can't yell "stop it".  I think Luke's feeling was that he arrived first and should be able to get out of the way by himself not be PUSHED out of the way.  You can then see Jen fuming in the taxi and saying "game on".

The second box was an all out, body blocking run by both Jen and Luke with no stopping on either part until Jen hit the clue box.  Both parties seem to be using everything they had to make it to the box first.  Jen did touch the box first.  The remainder is hard to interpret.  Either both were running so hard they couldn't stop or Luke attempted to reach over Jen - I think, from the brief clip that they showed,  they were both running so hard they couldn't stop.  Luke did appear to back up when Jen hit the box, but that my have been him trying not to fall over.  Neither was holding back in the pushing and blocking department.

What I found disturbing was K/J's snickering and Kisha's dismissive "whatever" at the mat.  BTW, you can just see Victor to the rear of K/J  in part of this scene and a corner of Tammy's hair almost beside Margie.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #154 on: April 15, 2009, 11:45:42 PM »
What's Margie holding? Almost looks like a decorated journal or something?

Kisha and Jen are holding them as well peach. It's all Chinese to me.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #155 on: April 16, 2009, 03:00:37 AM »
Yep.  That tells me everything.  Kisha & Jen snickering?  They're the ones the show will portray as the baddies in this mess.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #156 on: April 16, 2009, 03:29:58 AM »
MY OPINIONS..

1. There is a task that lead to the pitstop.... maybe a Detour that involves the item held by Margie and Jen... and maybe Tammy and Vic chose another choice because they didn't seem to have the item. OR Its a RB... the person not doing the roadblock waits for its partner to the pitstop,,, Jen and Margie could arrive at the same time. AND the mat meltdown began when they both check-in with T/V because if Kisha did the RB then the fight would start when they arrive if the task is a RB.

2. If the task is a Detour, then there is NO U-TURN. It would not make any logical sense if the U-turn was at the pitstop.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #157 on: April 16, 2009, 05:09:59 AM »
I'm a Margie/Luke fan, and I even have a group supporting them on Facebook. I hope they don't go out.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #158 on: April 16, 2009, 05:11:03 AM »
Also, does anyone remember that TK/Rachel, were three hours behind, and they overtook Nate and Jen in Amazing Race 12? I think M/M are not out yet...

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #159 on: April 16, 2009, 06:44:21 AM »
Also, does anyone remember that TK/Rachel, were three hours behind, and they overtook Nate and Jen in Amazing Race 12? I think M/M are not out yet...

Well, considering that TK/Rachel left at 10-something and the other three teams had to wait for their first clue to open at 10, it isn't the same case.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #160 on: April 16, 2009, 07:06:22 AM »

Well, considering that TK/Rachel left at 10-something and the other three teams had to wait for their first clue to open at 10, it isn't the same case.

One answer to that... Flights. The irregularity of international flights has allowed many a team to catch up.

TK were saved by the fact that they caught the same flight as the previous 3 teams, and the bunching up in the second train (to Taipei)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #161 on: April 16, 2009, 07:13:21 AM »
redskinskevin88,

My reply to your thinking has already been posted on another thread. I am importing it here because it fits:

I have visited your blog. My reply to it is Mark/Michael will be 3 hours 10 minutes behind Kisha/Jen and maybe 5 hours behind Margie/Luke. However, that has little significance. All that matters is can they make the same flight combination to Guilin. I don't think so. The impact of that is that they could arrive 5 hours later than the other teams, but for unknown reasons (probably availability) they arrive 9 hours later. They could not make up either one unless there is an hours of operation for overnight, which is not possible with the pits stop reports of being open after midnight.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #162 on: April 16, 2009, 07:37:12 AM »
MY OPINIONS..

1. There is a task that lead to the pitstop.... maybe a Detour that involves the item held by Margie and Jen... and maybe Tammy and Vic chose another choice because they didn't seem to have the item. OR Its a RB... the person not doing the roadblock waits for its partner to the pitstop,,, Jen and Margie could arrive at the same time. AND the mat meltdown began when they both check-in with T/V because if Kisha did the RB then the fight would start when they arrive if the task is a RB.

2. If the task is a Detour, then there is NO U-TURN. It would not make any logical sense if the U-turn was at the pitstop.

Maybe there is a second fast-forward and Tammy and Victor took it?

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #163 on: April 16, 2009, 08:20:52 AM »
Well from my speculation the best way to Guilin is for the direct flight at 4:20pm which only flies on Sunday, Wednesday and Friday in the present.It arrives at 8:05 and takes 2 hours and 45 minutes. The flight number is PG821 . I think that most teams will take it cuz it takes at least 5 hours if they choose a good flight either through Hong Kong or mainland china (Guangzhou would be the best pick). So I think that most teams would choose this flight and i guess they will be released in the afternoon cuz it looked dark in the last leg and I think the production wouldn't want them to be taking 5-10 hours on only a 2 hour flight direct.
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #164 on: April 16, 2009, 08:49:51 AM »
jerseydude,

You need to take a close look at some flight combinations that Neobie put together many weeks ago. See the Timelines thread. The bottom line is that there are 4 flights departing before the 420pm flight (which is a good one if teams want to wait for a 5 hours later arrival, which they obviously won't). I will give you the same advice i have given several other newbies: Read the threads to learn what others have discovered before you.

The above assumes a Wednesday Nov. 18 release after a 36 hour extended pit stop. If it was really a regular 12 hour pit stop then flight TG821 does not apply at all because it does not fly on Tuesdays.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 09:02:49 AM by apskip »

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #165 on: April 16, 2009, 09:12:51 AM »
hello everyone,,,,
i'm just new here....
 ;D
i'm always reading your posts, and i'm really amazed at how you guys speculate on things that can happen in the race..... how you have been doing researches on the places they are visiting....
esp. belle book
well keep up the good work
 :jam:
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #166 on: April 16, 2009, 09:19:25 AM »
MY OPINIONS..

redskinskevin88:
It is not a high probabilty, but yes I think another fast forward is a possiblity and Tammy/Victor taking it could explain some of the observed timing.

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #167 on: April 16, 2009, 09:34:10 AM »
i don't like kisha and jen,,,
i prefer mark and michael more,,, just wondering if they just proceed to the detour and to the pitstop without going back to their backpacks, will phil let them get their things after checking them in the mat?

uycocoa,
i will be more than willing to join the TAR:TV Stars game in the TAR Fantasy Thread.
i just don't know how...
sorry, have to reply to you like this, there is something wrong in my personal message inbox,,,,
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #168 on: April 16, 2009, 09:50:07 AM »
i prefer mark and michael more,,, just wondering if they just proceed to the detour and to the pitstop without going back to their backpacks, will phil let them get their things after checking them in the mat?

uycocoa,
i will be more than willing to join the TAR:TV Stars game in the TAR Fantasy Thread.
i just don't know how...
sorry, have to reply to you like this, there is something wrong in my personal message inbox,,,,

Hi scruff! Welcome to RFF!
Regardless of Mark and Michael got to the bags first or the detour first, I believe they were ripped off, or rather, they are not quite good in money matters (as seen in Episode 4)

- you will also need 5 posts before your personal message will be activated as far as i know... :)
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #169 on: April 16, 2009, 10:00:02 AM »

uycocoa,
i just don't know how...

Hey scruffs. :D Just wondering, why the Kisha/Jen dislike? They haven't done anything hate-able for the past 8 legs.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #170 on: April 16, 2009, 10:55:16 AM »

<SNIP>

I watched the current "coming attractions" on my HD DVR in slow motion several times.  Now, it is hard to tell, but it seems to me that Jen starts it by pushing Luke at the first box.  Luke is already at the box, trying to open it.  Jen is approaching at a run several steps behind.  She then appears to push him as she arrives, you can see her hands on his back just as he gets the cluebox open or charitably she might be trying to prevent him from backing into her.  Then she goes around to his left, at which time he brings his elbox,  shoulder, and hand up with the CLUE in his hand.  He probably hit her, not sure whether it was intentional or not.  After all he can't hear her running up behind him or he may have known she was behind him and was "defending" his space.  After all he can't yell "stop it".  I think Luke's feeling was that he arrived first and should be able to get out of the way by himself not be PUSHED out of the way.  You can then see Jen fuming in the taxi and saying "game on".

The second box was an all out, body blocking run by both Jen and Luke with no stopping on either part until Jen hit the clue box.  Both parties seem to be using everything they had to make it to the box first.  Jen did touch the box first.  The remainder is hard to interpret.  Either both were running so hard they couldn't stop or Luke attempted to reach over Jen - I think, from the brief clip that they showed,  they were both running so hard they couldn't stop.  Luke did appear to back up when Jen hit the box, but that my have been him trying not to fall over.  Neither was holding back in the pushing and blocking department.

<SNIP>

I too was going to post about the same thing.  The first time it almost looks like Jen was getting on Luke's back and then when she reached over his left shoulder before he left the box and he may have reacted by pushing her with his elbow.

At the 2nd clue box they were both running full out.  Jen was in front and in slow motion Luke was on his way to running into her and seems to have tried to slow up.  Jen pushed the box down running into it.  Luke can be seen with his hands up as if showing that he was not touching her.

They were both at fault and I don't think Luke intentionally started it.  If the reaction of the elbow is considered starting it then I guess he did.  I do think Jen's aggressions provoked Luke but he shouldn't have reacted that way.

Offline beau_30

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • STEWIE GRIFFIN FOR 2008!!
« Reply #171 on: April 16, 2009, 11:08:15 AM »
We do know that Mark/Micheal will start 3hours and 10 minutes after Kisha/Jen start time.

And we know that Kisha/Jen, Tammy/Victor Margie/Luke all arrive at the pitstop together or around the same time.

From the previews...
Margie/Luke - Tammy/Victor - Kisha/Jen

It seems to me that Margie/Luke were there before Kisha/Jen and Tammy/Victor
If you look at Victors and Kishas breathing..

So it looks like Margie/Luke are 2nd with Kisha/Jen 3rd and Tammy/Victor 4th..

Now the only way that Mark/Micheal could catch up is if there is a Fast Foward and no other team takes it but Mark/Micheal after the speedbump.

Now if Tammy/Victor are 4th to arrive, that will explain when they get U-Turned on the next leg if there is one.. And pushing them behind..

So the way I see it as two options will be:

Cara/Jamie - 1st
Margie/Luke - 2nd
Kisha/Jen - 3rd
Tammy/Victor - 4th
Mark/Micheal - 5th..

The other option will be
Mark/Micheal - Fast Foward/Luck.
Margie/Luke
Kisha/Jen
Tammy/Victor
Cara/Jamie.

I do believe Margie/Luke, Kisha/Jen and Tammy/Victor are safe.

"The only Thing to Fear, Is Fear Itself"

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #172 on: April 16, 2009, 11:53:34 AM »
MY OPINIONS..

redskinskevin88:
It is not a high probabilty, but yes I think another fast forward is a possiblity and Tammy/Victor taking it could explain some of the observed timing.

Again, I have only been watch AR for a few seasons.  But I don't think a RB with one partner doing the task while the other heads for the mat is likely in EP9.  AR 14 already did something similar in Siberia, but it was planned where Margie could taxi near Luke for a short part of the way.  The partner doing the task was escorted ALL the way.  In deference to Luke's inability to communicate, I don't think they will completely separate M/L or isolate Luke for any long period of time especially with anything involving transportation from place A to place B.

In the clips that I have seen, admittedly I have only seen 2, I don't think you get enough of a shot of T/V to determine if they have a journal similar to the one seen held by Margie and Kisha.  Or because T/V are not upset or involved directly in the meltdown, they may have stowed the journal in their backpack.  Too big for the travel pouch?

Is it unlikely that EP9 has a U-Turn, maybe 10 will or possibly 11.  Why waste a U-turn in an leg when you already have a team that is toast?  Save it for an leg when you want to create suspense!

Not comfortable with the FF in EP9 either.  If it was a FF attempted by T/V, wouldn't T/V have arrived much earlier and have already left the mat area, i.e.  not still be around for the meltdown.  Of course, T/V could attempt the FF and perform badly enough to justify the "Our parents will cry themselves to death" line.  This might cause them to arrive at the mat at approximately the same time as M/L and J/K.  In effect, the FF takes as long as the standard task?...  Doesn't seem reasonable even for T/V, unless Victor gets stubborn again.

M/L and J/K are battling it down to the mat, so no FF attempt there.

According to my understanding, the FF is presented fairly early before the RB or Detour, but I may not have that right.  So J/C are not FFing either since Jaime apparently does "her thing" with a dance judge.  The dance item is also on the clue held by Luke(?) - I think.  This logic leads me to believe that no one does a FF in EP9.

This should be an exciting episode.  Especially, if it is so close that multiple teams arrive at the mat on each others heels again.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #173 on: April 16, 2009, 12:12:45 PM »
I doubt there's a Fast Forward.  I'm pretty sure that the Phuket, Thailand, leg had the only Fast Forward in it.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #174 on: April 16, 2009, 12:53:13 PM »
I believe there was only one Fast Forward this season and it already came and gone. No one took it.
Just here to visit.