Author Topic: TAR14 EP9: 'Our Parents Will Cry Themselves to Death' (China)  (Read 170381 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR14 EP9: 'Our Parents Will Cry Themselves to Death' (China)
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2009, 12:55:54 AM »
here peach

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2009, 01:04:35 AM »
This is what I am seeing...anybody want to help? ???

those are Chinese words , Peach
Have you install something in order to read chinese characters in your windows?

No, but a translation instead of little boxes would be lovely, thanks! :hugs:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline :jerry:

• RFF Sr. Member
  • JTAR Season 1 is on RIGHT NOW!
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2009, 01:05:46 AM »
lol :funny: :funny: :funny:

that chinese girl called Phil handsome...lol

btw i understand mandrian, so if anybody want me to traslate it PROPERLY pls tell me, and ill do it!
Jerry's fantasy game partcipation:
Vic's 4th Race: Jerry and Uycocoa Eliminated
MTAR Season 3: Jerry and Panda (Natasha and Paula) Eliminated

JTAR Season 1 Nanaimo Leg is on right now!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2009, 01:05:53 AM »
You mean like this peach? :angel: << sorry  :lol:

他们真的是来桂林了的`````````` 
 我男朋友协助他们的.......开始他不知道..后来他和我说就知道是急速```因为我常看..是住喜来登 ` ` 主持人在日月双塔那等选手  去了叠彩山..还有个钢厂...当天晚上飞了...好象为了保密所有工作人员要等他门上飞机才能离开岗位..好像还到一个理发店克洗头  ..我觉得是克那拿线索...还有我男友讲那主持人真人好高 好帅......知道的就这么多...反正真的假的以后那集出了大家就知道了`  ` 因为大家都喜欢急速前进嘛

They did come to Guilin...

My boyfriend worked as an assistant, and didn't know that it was TAR until I told him afterwards - I watch it all the time.

They stayed at the Sheraton, and the host was waiting for the contestants at the Sun Moon Towers. They also went to the Diecai (Folded Brocade) Mountains and a steel factory.

They flew off that night, but the crew had to wait for everyone to get on the plane before they could leave their posts, probably for privacy.

I think they went to a salon to wash hair - but maybe it was just to get a clue. My boyfriend says that the host was tall and handsome.

That's all I know, you'd all find out for sure when the episode airs! 'Cause we all love TAR!

They flew off that night? Probably just Phil then? If they're flying to Beijing we should be expecting a 36-hour Pit Stop.

So for tasks we have the hair salon, comorants (riverside where Jen and Luke are fighting - and YAY!), something to do with the notebook and something to get LaKisha's hands dirty. We also have our Pit Stop, the Old South Gate, a steel factory and the very bizzare Folded Brocade Mountains.

That's a lot to fit in!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2009, 01:09:25 AM »
Ooops! That's the actual translation?? :groan:

I better go eat my jelly beans and shut up, :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2009, 01:11:33 AM »
i checked the link to it, and the real thing was in a chinese amatuer forum about TAR(NO OFFENCE).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2009, 01:13:49 AM »
i checked the link to it, and the real thing was in a chinese amatuer forum about TAR(NO OFFENCE).

They are a riot! I check that forum often and they are fans just like us  :hearts:

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2009, 01:17:04 AM »
AGREED with puddin

btw, i got this

on the left is about ticket selling or something... so .... if u can use it to locate the presice location of the pitstop. Neobie, im talking about u...

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2009, 01:18:20 AM »
erhhhh, how do u add pics?? i tried so much times and it wouldnt work...

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2009, 01:19:04 AM »
Let's see.  Do Mark & Michael still get far behind everyone, or do they catch back up and someone else gets the boot?

we need more videos for the next episode...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2009, 01:25:22 AM »
AGREED with puddin

btw, i got this

on the left is about ticket selling or something... so .... if u can use it to locate the presice location of the pitstop. Neobie, im talking about u...

No idea what picture your trying to post but quote this and see how its done

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2009, 01:28:19 AM »
AGREED with puddin

btw, i got this

oh...i get it... thx,i was talking about the part when luke made the bitch move. on the left, there was some chinese characters

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2009, 02:06:56 AM »
Our Parents Will Cry Themselves to Death (China)
When birds attack! - A fishing cormorant draws blood. A throwdown at a Cluebox leads to a mat showdown. One racer's frustration with non-English speakers grows and check out the most explosive pit stop - EVER!

"A throwdown at a Cluebox leads to a mat showdown." - Luke & Jen

"One racer's frustration with non-English speakers grows and check out the most explosive pit stop - EVER!" - could be Jaime??

ZOMG. MAT SHOWDOWN/MELTDOWN LOVE! I originally thought India would bring out the "best" in the teams, but I guess its China this time around! I loved to see her meltdown because of people not knowing English.

SPECULATION: T/V get first, Followed by M/L and K/J. Notice how T/V are in the middle... Lawyers anyone? J/C fall fourth. Pitstop closes and M/M comes dead last. But the previous episode showed me how much I love every single cast team!

Do we get to see Mirna as a pitstop greeter? I really remembered her when Luke and Jen were fighting...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 04:43:17 AM by Mooyou »
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

DavidJunior

« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2009, 02:27:33 AM »
i think it's K/J and M/L racing for first this time
if you notice, T/V are behind both teams (however, this could just be because Phil wanted to address the other two about the fighting)

and I believe that our former pit stop is a detour and M/M are sent straight to the pit stop after completing the task
(i believe that they're over 6 hours behind the other teams by that point...)

Offline kaad

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2009, 02:57:29 AM »
AGREED with puddin

btw, i got this

oh...i get it... thx,i was talking about the part when luke made the bitch move. on the left, there was some chinese characters

Oh, I know what you are talking about... that water park tour ticket office right?
We knew there is the pit-stop, located near the Sun & Moon Pagoda, right?

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2009, 03:52:23 AM »
When birds attack! - A fishing cormorant draws blood. A throwdown at a Cluebox leads to a mat showdown. One racer's frustration with non-English speakers grows and check out the most explosive pit stop - EVER!

"One racer's frustration with non-English speakers grows and check out the most explosive pit stop - EVER!" - could be Jaime??

ZOMG. Jaime LOVE! I loved to see her meltdown because of people not knowing English.

SPECULATION: T/V get first, Followed by M/L and K/J. Notice how T/V are in the middle... Lawyers anyone? J/C fall fourth. Pitstop closes and M/M comes dead last.
So you're that desperate to see them in first?  Seriously, they're not that good.  I think it's either Margie & Luke or Kisha & Jen who win the leg.  And having read that second clue, yeah, I think it's Jaime & Cara in fourth, probably after a day of hard times from non-English-speaking Chinese people.

I'm guessing Guilin doesn't have a lot of locals who speak English.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline kaad

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2009, 04:06:13 AM »

ZOMG. Jaime LOVE! I loved to see her meltdown because of people not knowing English.

SPECULATION: T/V get first, Followed by M/L and K/J. Notice how T/V are in the middle... Lawyers anyone? J/C fall fourth. Pitstop closes and M/M comes dead last.
So you're that desperate to see them in first?  Seriously, they're not that good.  I think it's either Margie & Luke or Kisha & Jen who win the leg.  And having read that second clue, yeah, I think it's Jaime & Cara in fourth, probably after a day of hard times from non-English-speaking Chinese people.

I'm guessing Guilin doesn't have a lot of locals who speak English.
Exactly...Like what i've said before, Guilin is not a commercial zone,not at all , just a small town (but with BEAUTIFUL scenery)

Worst Case Scenarios, Jaime&Cara got a non-English-speaking taxi driver and he drive them to the wrong place(just like Hayden&Aaron,Kris&Jon in Season6, come on, that's Shanghai, and it happened there!), and no one can help them
 ------------------------
I got it! After I ask the people who live in Guilin, he said one of the clue box was at the entrance of the Guilin Li Rver Folk Customs Centre, Here is the picture.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 05:30:57 AM by kaad »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2009, 06:24:41 AM »
On Kaad's posts above and below - wow, I don't know how you're doing it, but you're good!

if anybody want me to traslate it PROPERLY pls tell me, and ill do it!

HEY! :knuckles:

Oh, I know what you are talking about... that water park tour ticket office right?
We knew there is the pit-stop, located near the Sun & Moon Pagoda, right?

Sun and Moon Towers, and the Soulmate Pier (Riyue Shuangta and Zhiyin Tai, No 13 on map)
The clue *Pit Stop* was on Soulmate Pier, which faces the towers in the middle of the lake. There is a ticketing booth for tourist boats on the pier, and the guy manning the booth was probably lying when he said he didn't know anything. Teams not likely to have entered the towers though.

Uh-huh. That's the booth. That guy told me he worked alternate days and missed filming if there was any. He was still there the next day when I went back to check though.

ETA: I'm not too sure about this, but the mat is oriented so that teams have the towers as the backdrop while checking in. Running in from the road, this would mean teams run in from Phil's left. That gives us an arrival order of Kisha/Jen, Tammy/Victor, then Margie/Luke.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 11:31:21 AM by Neobie »

Offline kaad

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2009, 07:05:12 AM »
Oh my gosh :hearts: I find the second place
<a href="http://gl.city8.com/sh3430620_BQ9B-165_10_59.swf" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://gl.city8.com/sh3430620_BQ9B-165_10_59.swf</a>
The salon is located at Qingxiu Road (清秀路), near the coal task.(i guess it's on the same road)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2009, 07:33:27 AM »
kaad, your statement
Guilin is not a commercial city...just a small tourist province...so taxi driver/people there don't know how to speak in English is quite normal
No, Guilin is not a small town. It is a city of 600,000 in a metro area of 1.34 million. It has hordes of English-speaking tourists visiting regularly. I would guess that there is a fair comprehension of English by some residents, although not more than 1 in 10. What are my credentials to say this? I've been there. Have you? I don't recall any difficulty getting around and I speak no Mandarin.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 07:41:21 AM by apskip »

Offline amazing_hey

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2009, 08:30:27 AM »
Jen is like she is grabbing the cluebox like a basketball.....
A basketballl style match start between Jen & Luke.....
Luke is complaining after the match is over.....
Honestly, both of them are not bitch, they are just being mad to escape elimination.....
From the preview, Luke is obviously start the war ft, and Jen pay back, so it is 1:1.....

Really want to see how cheerleader & M/M did!

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2009, 10:01:10 AM »

Uh-huh. That's the booth. That guy told me he worked alternate days and missed filming if there was any. He was still there the next day when I went back to check though.

ETA: I'm not too sure about this, but the mat is oriented so that teams have the towers as the backdrop while checking in. Running in from the road, this would mean teams run in from Phil's left. That gives us an arrival order of Kisha/Jen, Tammy/Victor, then Margie/Luke.

Neobie, your pitstop confrontation looks so epic! They're the Bomb! They looked like Miis on the Wii! I wonder if the game would be released in the Wii, We could reenact them bitching each other looking like Mii's  :funny:
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2009, 10:05:17 AM »
Good stuff kaad an Neobie! awesome! :yess: :jam:

another clue and dancing!!!!!!!!!

A THROWDOWN AT A CLUEBOX LEADS TO A MAT MELTDOWN, AND ONE RACER'S FRUSTRATION WITH FOREIGN LANGUAGES CONTINUES TO GROW, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," APRIL 19

"Our Parents Will Cry Themselves to Death" (China) — During the Detour, one Racer is frustrated when a dancing judge doesn’t understand their question, and two Teams battle each other throughout the leg, leading to a full-blown mat meltdown, on THE AMAZING RACE 14, Sunday, April 19 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan is host.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2009, 10:10:30 AM »
Loved the Mii scene!
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move