Author Topic: TAR14 EP9: 'Our Parents Will Cry Themselves to Death' (China)  (Read 171426 times)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR14 EP9: 'Our Parents Will Cry Themselves to Death' (China)
« Reply #250 on: April 17, 2009, 05:51:37 PM »
You made some nice educated guesses, FLFan. :tup:

For me, I feel the Fast Forward will come into play when Jaime/Cara .... just joking! :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #251 on: April 17, 2009, 05:51:51 PM »
The web clue tells us that the dancing is a detour. The lady laughing with the jacket that we see might be Luke or Marge?

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #252 on: April 17, 2009, 05:53:02 PM »
People are speculating that T/V arrived between L/M  & J/K, the only problem with that is Phil has said that L/M  & J/K arrive within moments of each other.   So I think whatever the arrival order is, Luke & Margie  &  Jen & Kisha arrive back to back in some order.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #253 on: April 17, 2009, 06:26:05 PM »
Anticipating the new promo!

I don't think RFF was built on blind speculation; random musings may be fun, we've always been more keen on the analyzing than the guessing... (What FLFan said!) That said, here's a more mathematical approach to the possible arrival orders of the trio...

Margie's standing at the left edge of the oval pattern, which places her around one-fifth from the left side of the plaque rectangle. We see her talking to Phil to the right of the cameraman, and directly behind her is the tip of the Moon Tower. From that we construct the below diagram.

There's only one approach onto the platform pier. Given the way the teams and Phil are arranged, doesn't it suggest the order our three teams arrived? (Remember: teams are unlikely to scramble onto the raised plaque, run three-quarters of 360° around Phil and the greeter, or cut between Phil and earlier teams.)

My take is that Luke and Marge are not happy that Kisha and Jen beat them to the pitstop. Where Tammy/Vic and Cara/Jamie place is ones guess.

Actually my take is that K/J and M/L were neck'n'neck until the fishing/duck thing.  The fishing thing being after the 2 clue box smackdowns!  Then Luke got bit and it put M/L behind K/J, since the bite had to be examined and filmed!!  Margie may not be happy with K/J beating them, but her outrage is directed at K/J for their treatment of Luke.  Their dismissiveness and snickering are only making her madder.

The newest promo shows C/J dancing together so it is clearly not a RB.  I am speculating that dancing is one of the detour options and T/V opted to do that also.  In the picture where the dance lady is giggling behind her hand, the jacket appears to belong to Victor, unless I got my colors mixed up. T/V thereby missed the smackdowns, but got caught in the mat meltdown!  Probably M/L decided to forego the dancing option as possibly did K/J, which is why we only saw those 2 teams in action in the previous promos.

Irregardless of language barriers and Jaime's reported Ugly American problem with the dance judge, I am still firmly of the opinion that C/J smoke their detour.  Speculating that C/J are 1st and long gone before the mat meltdown.  T/V have problems with learning the routine, hence the giggling, so are delayed a bit behind C/J.

To keep M/L's 1st or 4th string going, I speculate:  C/J, K/J, T/V and M/L at the mat.  M/M arrive in Guilin after the fat lady has sang and are met at the first clue box by Phil.

Of course, once I get home and step thru the promo, I may change my mind.

FLFan 

I agree with you that Cara & Jamie come in first.  I think LaKisha & Jen come in second, but I think Margie & Luke come in right behind them.  Tammy & Victor arrive while the other two teams are yelling at each other, having had a lot of problems at the dancing Detour.  Of course, Mark & Michael are Philiminated.

Belle Book

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #254 on: April 17, 2009, 06:36:27 PM »
I'm not sure where this originated ........but if the teams have 45 minutes to kill and then we get that Luke and Marge conf in what is still daylight well then again, this does not bode well for the Brothers sighting at 11pm Guangzhou to Guilin.

I dont remember if it is one of Phil's blogs or a CBS promo, but it said that two teams yell at one another for 45 minutes at/after the mat.

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #255 on: April 17, 2009, 06:54:45 PM »
The web clue tells us that the dancing is a detour. The lady laughing with the jacket that we see might be Luke or Marge?

M/L passed on a previous musical detour task when given the option.  It is hard enough to learn a routine or dance steps when you have music to guide you, Luke doesn't even have that much assistance.

But what I am looking at is the color of the jacket sleeve of the team member with the giggling lady.  Victor's jacket appears to be exactly the right color - comparing to mat meltdown snapshot.  The stripe on Margie's jacket is about the right color, but it doesn't seem wide enough and may be too puffy to match the dancing snapshot.  Of course, I am probably comparing pictures uploaded by different people, so I could be very, very wrong.

If Phil says K/J and M/L arrive within moments of each other, then:  J/C, K/J, M/L and T/V with M/M failing to arrive in time to participate.  We finally have a break from M/L's first or fourth streak.

FLFan
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 07:00:45 PM by FLFan »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #256 on: April 17, 2009, 07:00:56 PM »
FLFan,
I believe you mean Margie/Luke's 1st/4th streak. They have not placed 2nd or 3rd.

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #257 on: April 17, 2009, 07:03:32 PM »
FLFan,
I believe you mean Margie/Luke's 1st/4th streak. They have not placed 2nd or 3rd.

Sorry, I caught and editted it while you were posting.  I read what I meant to type, not what I actually typed.

FLFan

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #258 on: April 17, 2009, 07:16:38 PM »
From Phil's blog at Entertainment Weekly, Episode 8

I've been teeing it up for weeks now, and we're finally here: Next week is the most memorable mat meltdown of all time. Margie and Luke vs. Kisha and Jen. These two teams battle throughout the entire leg and end up with mere seconds separating them at the check in. I've never seen two teams go at it like this before and have it carry all the way to the mat.

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/04/amazing-race.html
Matthew 7:15

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #259 on: April 17, 2009, 07:27:24 PM »
I'm not sure where this originated ........but if the teams have 45 minutes to kill and then we get that Luke and Marge conf in what is still daylight well then again, this does not bode well for the Brothers sighting at 11pm Guangzhou to Guilin.

It gets better/worse! Looks like Margie and Luke had their argument, got ferried over to the Sheraton, checked-in, and are now lounging by the rooftop pool - all before sunset! (Picture is approximate view, but you see the bridge and the two closer hilltops.)

We might be looking at an extended Guilin stop, but Luke's still wearing his dorky cap, so I'm guessing it's the same day?

For me, I feel the Fast Forward will come into play when Jaime/Cara .... just joking! :lol:

Judging by their reactions, I'd say that Margie and Luke were U-Turned by Kisha/Jen! Then to make it to the mat at the same time as the sisters they'd have to also get the Fast Forward... :taze
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 07:33:05 PM by Neobie »

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #260 on: April 17, 2009, 07:32:26 PM »
Well just a thought, if M/L did get a FF, wouldn't they bypass the detour and roadblock? Hence, they couldn't be U-turned, right?
Matthew 7:15

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #261 on: April 17, 2009, 07:34:03 PM »
This will be my first wasted post: :groan:

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #262 on: April 17, 2009, 07:47:05 PM »
FLFan, it looks to me like the giggling dance instructor is actually giggling to Tammy/Victor too :lol: They're the only ones whom I can remember wearing a dark navy blue - black whatever color that is pattern. Kisha/Jen have dominant red shirts, Margie and Luke does foul, and Jaime and Cara are matching doublemint twins....

I wonder what made them think that they do the dance?  :lol: I can imagine them pulling off a line...

Detour: _____ or ____
T/V: Let's take the dance cause we're Chinese!
T/V: Our parent's would be so proud!
T/V (I think Tammy says the quote): Our Parents Will Cry Themselves to Death!
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #263 on: April 17, 2009, 08:02:39 PM »
Video:

<< HQ option
Going off-topic for just a moment, I have to ask, puddin.  Do you actually watch the shows the promos you snag come at the end of?  Last week, it was ATWT, and this week, it's Y&R.  I thought I was the only one on the board who watched them!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 11:17:06 PM by Ashe »
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #264 on: April 17, 2009, 08:38:01 PM »
Okay, i know it sounds ridiculous, but what if Margie and Luke and Kisha and Jen were fighting for last? Maybe Tammy/Victor decided to u-turn Margie/Luke to help aviod potential elimination, and Kisha and Jen and Margie and Luke sabotage each other long enough for Mark/Michael to catch up and do the speed bump, maybe roadblock or detour... but Mark/Michael end up last anyway?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #265 on: April 17, 2009, 09:57:20 PM »

Judging by their reactions, I'd say that Margie and Luke were U-Turned by Kisha/Jen! Then to make it to the mat at the same time as the sisters they'd have to also get the Fast Forward... :taze
You guys!  :lol:  .. please don't make me go kung fooey on you  :knuckles:

:jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: thanks for the Sheraton catch!!

Going off-topic for just a moment, I have to ask, puddin.  Do you actually watch the shows the promos you snag come at the end of?  Last week, it was ATWT, and this is Y&R.  I thought I was the only one on the board who watched them!
The only thing I don't watch are the CBS soaps and other than Lost (ABC) or DOOLS (NBC) I rarely switch off CBS for fear of missing a commercial earning the title *needs a life*  :jumpy: :jumpy:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #266 on: April 17, 2009, 10:08:29 PM »

When peach & I write that we heard there was only 1 Fast Forward and it was not used then why are we still talking about a possible Fast Forward?

Amen. Pay attention guys.  ;D
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #267 on: April 17, 2009, 10:17:28 PM »
With the new commerical, I kinda understand why Margie feels that way, imagine hearing a lot of mean things about your child. I just hope that this episode turns out a-okay...

Puddin, I admire your sacrifices and perseverance to show everyone here all the videos and the screencaps. Thanks!  :yess: :jumpy: :hearts: :hearts:
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #268 on: April 17, 2009, 10:29:21 PM »
With the new commerical, I kinda understand why Margie feels that way, imagine hearing a lot of mean things about your child. I just hope that this episode turns out a-okay...

Puddin, I admire your sacrifices and perseverance to show everyone here all the videos and the screencaps. Thanks!  :yess: :jumpy: :hearts: :hearts:
I actually am looking forward to the golf tomorrow  :lol:  :yess:

back to the jackets for a moment..

NoluckBoston

« Reply #269 on: April 17, 2009, 10:30:20 PM »
I wish my job let me stay home and watch the Price is Right more often. They seem to run a lot of commercials during that time.

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #270 on: April 17, 2009, 11:34:47 PM »
Looking at the screencaps of the jackets, it looks more like Margie to me than Victor or Tammy...but I'm just a newbie at all this detective stuff.  But if it is a detour, we have pictures of Luke on the boat (comodore?) is that also a detour, or is that the roadblock...then what the heck is the coal from?  Or do Margie & Luke have a hard time at one of the detours so they switch to another?  Okay, I give up, maybe it is Tammy or Victors jacket...LOL
                     :duno:    :duno:    :duno:       :duno:    :duno:    :duno:    :duno:

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #271 on: April 18, 2009, 12:33:31 AM »
Here's something no one's thought of yet. May sound unlikely, but here goes:

Kisha/Jen & Margie/Luke race for 1st/2nd. Since we are not shown Jaime/Cara checking in, they could be 3rd, but when they get there, Margie/Luke & Kisha/Jen are still arguing. Tammy/Victor are in 4th, but since the fight took so long, they also see the arguing (via pitstop shots). Sound unlikely, but just throwing it out there.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #272 on: April 18, 2009, 01:20:27 AM »
People are speculating that T/V arrived between L/M  & J/K, the only problem with that is Phil has said that L/M  & J/K arrive within moments of each other.   So I think whatever the arrival order is, Luke & Margie & Jen & Kisha arrive back to back in some order.
With Tammy & Victor right behind both of their teams.  Yep.  Makes sense to me.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #273 on: April 18, 2009, 01:27:51 AM »
People are speculating that T/V arrived between L/M  & J/K, the only problem with that is Phil has said that L/M  & J/K arrive within moments of each other.   So I think whatever the arrival order is, Luke & Margie & Jen & Kisha arrive back to back in some order.
With Tammy & Victor right behind both of their teams.  Yep.  Makes sense to me.

True, though I won't rule out T/V arriving between them just yet, since it could be a three-way race (they'd still arrive within moments of each other, except there was a nother team involved).
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #274 on: April 18, 2009, 08:22:07 AM »
I get why Margie is so upset, she is just looking out for her son.  all mom's would do the same

The sisters have also gone down in my estimation, laughing at luke