Author Topic: TAR14 EP9: 'Our Parents Will Cry Themselves to Death' (China)  (Read 170380 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR14 EP9: 'Our Parents Will Cry Themselves to Death' (China)
« Reply #200 on: April 16, 2009, 11:14:48 PM »

I'm telling you ..... get that taser!  :taze :taze :taze :taze :taze :taze :taze :taze :taze
...gets the taser and heads to the Philippines  :yess:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #201 on: April 16, 2009, 11:20:05 PM »
It's like "mushpants" was still posting....

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #202 on: April 16, 2009, 11:27:40 PM »
I think the reason that Luke and Jen are fighting is for 1st place.  The sisters have never finished in first place.  
To explain how L/J managed to catch up to the rest of them (we know they were at least 50 minutes behind last leg), I would assume those 4 teams are on the same flight.
So either C/J sailed right thru everything and checked in 1st and had already left the mat area, or they are the team that has the problem with the Dancing task, and check in 4th, after the meltdown.  
So based on how J/L & M/L are acting at the mat, (M/L MAD, J/L almost smug in one photo) I venture that...
1st Jen & La Kisha
2nd Margie & Luke
3rd Tammy & Victor
4th Jaime & Cara
5th Mark & Michael
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 11:31:38 PM by littlewop »

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #203 on: April 16, 2009, 11:35:05 PM »
My second theory is that J/C are indeed the 1st team to check in, and are already away from the mat area when the melt down occurs.  M/L & J/L are 2nd & 3rd, and Tammy & Victor are 4th because they are the team having problems with the dance.  This explains their departure next elimination.  Also the title "Our parents..." because they couldn't understand or learn a dance that is part of their heritage.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #204 on: April 16, 2009, 11:44:59 PM »
My second theory is that J/C are indeed the 1st team to check in, and are already away from the mat area when the melt down occurs.  M/L & J/L are 2nd & 3rd, and Tammy & Victor are 4th because they are the team having problems with the dance.  This explains their departure next elimination.  Also the title "Our parents..." because they couldn't understand or learn a dance that is part of their heritage.

The next elimination is two legs after this one (leg 11), as the first Beijing leg is certain to be an NEL. One task really isn't enough to give a team problems for three legs. Not to mention, all of the evidence shows Jaime as being the racer having problems with the judge of the dance.

Maybe the title is Jen or Kisha about their behavior at the Pit Stop?

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #205 on: April 17, 2009, 12:29:07 AM »
I don't think so.  They seem very much proud of their behavior toward Luke.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #206 on: April 17, 2009, 12:43:02 AM »
make me dislike kisha and jen more....
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #207 on: April 17, 2009, 01:27:23 AM »
It's like "mushpants" was still posting....
  :lol: .. OH! that now banned person

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #208 on: April 17, 2009, 01:29:26 AM »
 :lol: :jam:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #209 on: April 17, 2009, 01:43:28 AM »
They haven't shown a fast-forward all season...

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #210 on: April 17, 2009, 02:11:29 AM »
That's because there was one, the season's only one, and it wasn't taken.  It was on the Phuket, Thailand, leg.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #211 on: April 17, 2009, 03:20:03 AM »
That's because there was one, the season's only one, and it wasn't taken.  It was on the Phuket, Thailand, leg.
why didn't anyone took the fastforward?
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #212 on: April 17, 2009, 03:32:32 AM »
why didn't anyone took the fastforward?

I finally found something at http://www.fancast.com/blogs/category/the-amazing-race/. According to Mel and Mike it involved money, which teams did not have...

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #213 on: April 17, 2009, 04:48:02 AM »
After 2 pages of really, really long and repeated arguments of speculations about U-turns, Fast Forwards and the like...  :ascared :groan:
For those people who would like to know whether there are fast forwards, u-turns, etc. Let's just wait and see how this episode ends... It's weekend already anyway Let's all be peaceful!  :hearts: :ghug: :hearts:

PEACE OUT!
----

BACK TO SPECULATING...

I actually agree with littlewop's first theory/speculation that K/J and M/L are running for first place. Based on the preview(which I really, really got addicted to... :lol:), while Margie was expressing her sentiments about Luke's signing and they laughing about it, no part of the screen had Tammy or Victor's shirt color, hand or any body part for that matter. I just don't know if it was shot after Tammy/Victor had left the mat (If I were them, why would I stay so long there anyway, I might get in the middle of things making it harder for me to run the race...)

« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 05:07:55 AM by Mooyou »
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #214 on: April 17, 2009, 08:09:11 AM »
After 2 pages of really, really long and repeated arguments of speculations about U-turns, Fast Forwards and the like...  :ascared :groan:
For those people who would like to know whether there are fast forwards, u-turns, etc. Let's just wait and see how this episode ends... It's weekend already anyway Let's all be peaceful!  :hearts: :ghug: :hearts:

PEACE OUT!
----

BACK TO SPECULATING...

I actually agree with littlewop's first theory/speculation that K/J and M/L are running for first place. Based on the preview(which I really, really got addicted to... :lol:), while Margie was expressing her sentiments about Luke's signing and they laughing about it, no part of the screen had Tammy or Victor's shirt color, hand or any body part for that matter. I just don't know if it was shot after Tammy/Victor had left the mat (If I were them, why would I stay so long there anyway, I might get in the middle of things making it harder for me to run the race...)

I like the speculation, but I like it to be based on KNOWN or reasonably possible factors.  Once there is known, or reasonable clear, contradicting information to something happening and people continue to talk about it, it is no longer speculation, it is simply fantasy.  Maybe we need a fantasy thread?

Now to the other topic, why do you say there is no evidence of T/V at the mat during the argument portion of the clip?

Margie, holding the journal,  says "He's signing and their laughing at him!". Skip back to K/J, Kisha dismissively says "Whatever".  You can see Victor BEHIND and to the right of Kisha.  You can only see a 1/3 of his slightly bowed head, but to me it is clearly Victor.

Back to M/L, with Margie speaking, "He's lived with this his", back to K/J with Margie still talking off camera, "whole life. And he doesn't", back to  M/L, Margie still speaking "need it from people like you".  Then to Luke only, with him throwing his hands out and walking away.  During the M/L portion starting at "need it", you can see Tammy's ponytail to Margie's left.  Tammy is not quite even with Margie, just maybe a half step behind her.  At least the height, hair color, skin tone, and style of pony tail is right for Tammy.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #215 on: April 17, 2009, 09:45:42 AM »
Tammy/Victor can be seen in the clip, but there came one point when Margie was so infuriated, there seems to be no one at the side or back of her, if their proximities are very close, shouldn't a small portion of Tammy be seen in the picture? If indeed they are there, Kudos to the camera crew who shot that!
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #216 on: April 17, 2009, 10:00:10 AM »
Have any of the clips or promos shown Jaime & Cara yet?  I don't remember seeing them at all.  I just wish we had more info on them this leg beside speculation.  We know who goes home, what I want to know is the other 4 positions.  Why haven't they shown any pics of J/C?

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #217 on: April 17, 2009, 10:59:32 AM »
Well, obviously either Cara & Jamie already checked in before the mat meltdown, or they arrive afterwards.  As I'm hoping the NFL cheerleaders win a leg, I'm going with option #1.

Belle Book

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #218 on: April 17, 2009, 11:01:52 AM »
Tammy/Victor can be seen in the clip, but there came one point when Margie was so infuriated, there seems to be no one at the side or back of her, if their proximities are very close, shouldn't a small portion of Tammy be seen in the picture? If indeed they are there, Kudos to the camera crew who shot that!

I think the portion of the clip that you are talking about is shown around/after the running, blocking, and colliding at the second clue box?  (I am not at home so I can't review it.  Work - lunch - checking in, no access to video!)  They show Margie, infuriated! and possibly horrified?  If you look back when that portion starts, you can see Margie (at least I think it is Margie, the pinkish color shirt is correct) just starting to come down the steps as Jen and Luke run body blocking each other as they leave from the step area.  I think the cut they are showing of Margie's expression is her reaction to the race and it's results at the clue box.  As far as I can tell, it was not at the mat. It was "on the beach", at least I think it is a beach....

My question is:  Don't both team members have to be present, NEXT to each other, to open the clue?  Margie is still coming down the steps trailing Luke by 20 feet or more.  Kisha doesn't seem to be in sight, still paying off the taxi or far enough behind Margie on the steps that I can't see her....  So WHY all the pushing and shoving.  Unless maybe they are battling it out for first or at least think they are.  They can be fairly sure they are not going to be last since they should know that M/M didn't make their plane.

NoluckBoston

« Reply #219 on: April 17, 2009, 11:16:00 AM »
Well I  just watch a clip and it showed Jamie and Cara dancing and Luke getting bit by a duck.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 11:20:54 AM by NoluckBoston »

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #220 on: April 17, 2009, 11:20:49 AM »

I think the portion of the clip that you are talking about is shown around/after the running, blocking, and colliding at the second clue box?  (I am not at home so I can't review it.  Work - lunch - checking in, no access to video!)  They show Margie, infuriated! and possibly horrified?  If you look back when that portion starts, you can see Margie (at least I think it is Margie, the pinkish color shirt is correct) just starting to come down the steps as Jen and Luke run body blocking each other as they leave from the step area.  I think the cut they are showing of Margie's expression is her reaction to the race and it's results at the clue box.  As far as I can tell, it was not at the mat. It was "on the beach", at least I think it is a beach....

My question is:  Don't both team members have to be present, NEXT to each other, to open the clue?  Margie is still coming down the steps trailing Luke by 20 feet or more.  Kisha doesn't seem to be in sight, still paying off the taxi or far enough behind Margie on the steps that I can't see her....  So WHY all the pushing and shoving.  Unless maybe they are battling it out for first or at least think they are.  They can be fairly sure they are not going to be last since they should know that M/M didn't make their plane.

Sometimes be first to a clue box is important.  If a team was heading toward a U-turn sign, you would want to be first (or at least ahead of the closest team).  And you might want to be first for a sign up.

Having said that, I do not see a U-turn sign near the clue box that could prompt such an action.  Maybe an early clue warned teams that a race event was ahead.

Gator 27

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #221 on: April 17, 2009, 11:24:21 AM »
Well, obviously either Cara & Jamie already checked in before the mat meltdown, or they arrive afterwards.  As I'm hoping the NFL cheerleaders win a leg, I'm going with option #1.

Belle Book

I wouldn't mind J/C winning this leg either.  Not happy with Jaime's ugly america side!  However, they both seem to work hard at the tasks, make good choices on detours (and about getting their stuff BEFORE leaving the dock), and, other than losing their taxicab briefly in India, they have been improving their finishing positions.  The way I interpret the India leg, not being able to find their taxicab immediately cost them about 2 positions.  They finished the task before K/J and M/L, but had to find their cab before leaving for the pit stop.

As I said before, J/C should have the advantage when it comes to learning a dance routine.   Hopefully, Jaime's incident with the dance judge is only her usual grumpiness and does not cause them to totally mess up.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #222 on: April 17, 2009, 11:25:32 AM »

As 2 (or 3) teams approach the mat, usually the later team stays a few feet away until Phil summons them to the mat to join the earlier team.

I don't think that the order (left to right) of the teams on the mat tells us the order of arrival.  The main reason that T&V are in the middle is to separate the other bickering teams.

Gator 27

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #223 on: April 17, 2009, 11:28:23 AM »
Well I  just watch a clip and it showed Jamie and Cara dancing and Luke getting bit by a duck.
Haven't seen that clip yet, do you have a link, or any more info from it?
Thanks

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #224 on: April 17, 2009, 11:29:31 AM »
Where? or are you joking?