Author Topic: TAR14 EP9: 'Our Parents Will Cry Themselves to Death' (China)  (Read 170370 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR14 EP9: 'Our Parents Will Cry Themselves to Death' (China)
« Reply #175 on: April 16, 2009, 12:59:18 PM »
I doubt there's a Fast Forward.  I'm pretty sure that the Phuket, Thailand, leg had the only Fast Forward in it.
Thats what we hear. Only 1 FF was available this season and thats that. As far as the U-Turn I have no idea when and where it might be and I think they are pre-planned FLFan. TPTB don't just stick them where they want just like the NEL legs. And when the next NEL is one could only guess so I'll guess its leg 10 but really have no idea at this point.
If you follow Phils blog he states that the Sisters and Marge/Luke come in mere seconds of each other. What the placings are I don't know but for sure not last.
I'll go with the Mark and Michael being eliminated with the evidence posted through out this topic.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #176 on: April 16, 2009, 01:39:39 PM »
FAST FORWARD opportunities are available typically in a clue packet in conjunction with either ROADBLOCKs or DETOURs. I have changed my mind of the possibility of a FAST FORWARD being all that could save Mark/Michael because the maximum 3 hours saved would mean little to them since other teams will be finished before they arrive.

I now think that the only thing that can save them is hours of operation starting around 6pm and lasting until sometime arfter they arrive and complete all prior tasks. The probability of that is very small.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 01:44:59 PM by apskip »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #177 on: April 16, 2009, 05:44:39 PM »
We have seen one Hours of Operation and that was in Siberia at the dam.
Just here to visit.

Offline CABoSoxFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #178 on: April 16, 2009, 05:53:41 PM »
HI All, I tend to lurk more than posting, but this is just an observation.  I've noticed in the last few TAR previews they haven't been showing much on the 1st place teams.  The previews we have seen lately haven't featured much on Cara/Jaime, so I have to safely assume the following order:

1st - Cara/Jaime (have no clue, no previews on them)
2nd - Lakisha/Jen (based on Neobie's observations)
3rd - Tammy/Victor
4th - Margie/Luke (either 1st or 4th - LOL)
5th - Michael/Mark (based on spoilers)

So, if my theory proves correct, then remember I said it!   :waves:

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: April 16, 2009, 06:50:15 PM »
has there had been any instance where both a speedbump and u-turn were on a same leg....
i really don't think so....
usually u-turns or yields are placed on non-elimination legs.... well except on the leg where kris and jon were eliminated.... actually i'm hoping that it was a NEL but it turned out to be an elimination one....

hey raymond, i don't know about the kisha-jen dislike :duno: .... i just believe they can't win this whole thing.... and in the preview where she battled her way out to the clue against luke,,, i mean there is a clue for every team, why do a bad stuff like that, unless they are the last team and they are aware of it!

i'm still hoping mark and michael survived the speedbump, i don't think that the fact that they are at least 5hours behind the first team will be a factor for them to stay in the last,,, usually when flights are considered, they all end up having the same flight (in this case to guilin, china) i'm crossing my fingers.... :lol:
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #180 on: April 16, 2009, 07:09:27 PM »
has there had been any instance where both a speedbump and u-turn were on a same leg....
Yes.  Kynt & Vyxsin's final leg in India had both a Speed Bump and a U-Turn.  They had to do yoga for a while, just before Kynt made the stupid decision of ignoring Vyxsin's very good argument and U-Turning the already-in-front-of-them Nicolas & Donald.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #181 on: April 16, 2009, 07:18:14 PM »
Yes.  Kynt & Vyxsin's final leg in India had both a Speed Bump and a U-Turn.  They had to do yoga for a while, just before Kynt made the stupid decision of ignoring Vyxsin's very good argument and U-Turning the already-in-front-of-them Nicolas & Donald.

oh yeah, thank you, i remember that, they should have u-turned jen and nate
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #182 on: April 16, 2009, 07:23:12 PM »
I doubt there's a Fast Forward.  I'm pretty sure that the Phuket, Thailand, leg had the only Fast Forward in it.
Thats what we hear. Only 1 FF was available this season and thats that. As far as the U-Turn I have no idea when and where it might be and I think they are pre-planned FLFan. TPTB don't just stick them where they want just like the NEL legs. And when the next NEL is one could only guess so I'll guess its leg 10 but really have no idea at this point.
If you follow Phils blog he states that the Sisters and Marge/Luke come in mere seconds of each other. What the placings are I don't know but for sure not last.
I'll go with the Mark and Michael being eliminated with the evidence posted through out this topic.

That's why in All-Stars there was a Yield on the leg where Uchenna & Joyce fell way far behind.

I do believe that there was only one Fast Forward but I'm not liking that idea at all. We need Fast Forwards to at least be shown! Then we can wait and see if anyone will take it, rather than knowing that there is no chance of anything surprising happening.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Online redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #183 on: April 16, 2009, 07:30:43 PM »

2. If the task is a Detour, then there is NO U-TURN. It would not make any logical sense if the U-turn was at the pitstop.
[/quote]

Maybe there is a second fast-forward and Tammy and Victor took it?
[/quote]

redskinskevin88:
It is not a high probabilty, but yes I think another fast forward is a possiblity and Tammy/Victor taking it could explain some of the observed timing.

[/quote]

Not comfortable with the FF in EP9 either.  If it was a FF attempted by T/V, wouldn't T/V have arrived much earlier and have already left the mat area, i.e.  not still be around for the meltdown.  Of course, T/V could attempt the FF and perform badly enough to justify the "Our parents will cry themselves to death" line.  This might cause them to arrive at the mat at approximately the same time as M/L and J/K.  In effect, the FF takes as long as the standard task?...  Doesn't seem reasonable even for T/V, unless Victor gets stubborn again.

[/quote]

There have been occasions in previous ARs, that teams that take the fast-forward, lose out to teams that didn't take the fast forward, for eg. on one ocassion in amazing race all-stars.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #184 on: April 16, 2009, 07:40:47 PM »
peace....
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 05:05:30 AM by uycocoa »
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #185 on: April 16, 2009, 08:00:52 PM »
Or what if Jaime and Cara took the FF? They didn't seem to be around either at last or second to the last......
No, the Web clues say they do a Detour, so I doubt there's a Fast Forward on this leg.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #186 on: April 16, 2009, 08:09:39 PM »
sorry...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 05:07:04 AM by uycocoa »
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #187 on: April 16, 2009, 08:26:16 PM »
I give up .........

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #188 on: April 16, 2009, 08:48:16 PM »
You need to take that taser from your boyfriend. :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #189 on: April 16, 2009, 08:56:57 PM »
Thats not a bad idea  :lol:
When peach & I write that we heard there was only 1 Fast Forward and it was not used then why are we still talking about a possible Fast Forward?

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #190 on: April 16, 2009, 09:39:51 PM »
I don't know. People want to believe. They keep hope alive, only to be disappointed.

puddin, you and I have to take some people to the RFF belt room to punish them. :lol:

Just here to visit.

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #191 on: April 16, 2009, 09:43:12 PM »
Thats not a bad idea  :lol:
When peach & I write that we heard there was only 1 Fast Forward and it was not used then why are we still talking about a possible Fast Forward?

I quit talking about a 2nd FF when the more informed told me that there was only one.

The thing that bothers me is why everyone keeps talking as if M/M have a chance.  According to supplied eyewitness report(s), they are hours behind.  From what I am understanding, they are so far behind that Phil may need to do a "Toni/Dallas" on them so that production can move on to the next leg.

Like I said, I am expecting an exciting EP9 with 3 teams arriving within a very short time.  My DVR is set and ready with extra time allowed in case my Sunday evening runs late and I don't get home as expected.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #192 on: April 16, 2009, 09:47:56 PM »
Like I said, I am expecting an exciting EP9 with 3 teams arriving within a very short time.  My DVR is set and ready with extra time allowed in case my Sunday evening runs late and I don't get home as expected.
You don't have to worry about an overrun this week. In fact we're done with overruns for the rest of the season. :tup:
Just here to visit.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #193 on: April 16, 2009, 10:13:50 PM »
You don't have to worry about an overrun this week. In fact we're done with overruns for the rest of the season. :tup:
Great news for all in EST and CST!  Now, ALL timezones can start on time! ;D
Jamison

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #194 on: April 16, 2009, 10:20:45 PM »

No more "scheduled" overruns.  (I saw that in a previous post.)  However, there is always the chance of major breaking news, presidential announcement, or something else completely unexpected to cause a delay.  I have a DVR, so I might as well use its functions.  One of my co-workers missed everything in the second half of last week because she forgot to set hers!

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #195 on: April 16, 2009, 10:33:14 PM »
sorry...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 05:07:29 AM by uycocoa »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #196 on: April 16, 2009, 10:39:44 PM »

No more "scheduled" overruns.  (I saw that in a previous post.)  However, there is always the chance of major breaking news, presidential announcement, or something else completely unexpected to cause a delay.  I have a DVR, so I might as well use its functions.  One of my co-workers missed everything in the second half of last week because she forgot to set hers!
Yeah, there's the remote possibility of breaking news on a Sunday night, but a Presidential announcement usually is saved for a weeknight. I agree, you never know, but I'm willing to throw the dice on Sunday. :tup:
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #197 on: April 16, 2009, 10:51:26 PM »
Sorry for the "hope-there-is-a-fast-forward"....

Okay.. I now quit talking about that..... but i don't recall a violation TALKING about that.....

As a children of God, we must not take matters at hand by using punishment.

PEACE!!!!
I guess I'm sick of reading it over and over and over ....... same goes with the U-Turn :badhorse:
Now back to our previously interrupted topic :carryon:

God? is that you? :hides

Offline Max

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #198 on: April 16, 2009, 10:55:21 PM »

Yeah, there's the remote possibility of breaking news on a Sunday night, but a Presidential announcement usually is saved for a weeknight. I agree, you never know, but I'm willing to throw the dice on Sunday. :tup:

Ahhhh-the voice of reason resonates.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #199 on: April 16, 2009, 11:05:44 PM »
Sorry for the "hope-there-is-a-fast-forward"....

Okay.. I now quit talking about that..... but i don't recall a violation TALKING about that.....

As a children of God, we must not take matters at hand by using punishment.

PEACE!!!!
I guess I'm sick of reading it over and over and over ....... same goes with the U-Turn :badhorse:
Now back to our previously interrupted topic :carryon:

God? is that you? :hides
I'm telling you ..... get that taser!  :taze :taze :taze :taze :taze :taze :taze :taze :taze
Just here to visit.