Author Topic: The Fashion Show ~ Season 1  (Read 7728 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
The Fashion Show ~ Season 1
« on: April 04, 2009, 10:51:31 AM »
Bravo's has announced their new show, The Fashion Show which will replace Project Runway. Project Runway has been in litigation between Bravo, Bravo's owner, NBC, and the Weinstein company for nearly a year resulting in a season which was filmed but left unaired in legal limbo. The lawsuit has been settled, Project Runway will be moving to the Lifetime channel where it will begin airing this summer. 

The Fashion Show Season 1

The Fashion Show premieres on Bravo on Thursday, May 7, 2009 at 10 p.m. ET/PT. Fifteen professional designers will compete in this fashion creative competition series for a chance to have their designs sold in the retail market and win a $125,000 prize.

Internationally acclaimed designer Isaac Mizrahi shares hosting duties with four-time Grammy Award-winning performer and actress Kelly Rowland. Mizrahi and Rowland will also serve as judges alongside fashion luminary and Senior Vice President of IMG Fashion, Fern Mallis.

Each week the designers will be put to the test and will have to face off in two challenges – the Harper's Bazaar Mini Challenge, judged by the magazine's Special Projects Director Laura Brown, and the elimination challenge. In the end, America will choose which contestant will have a clothing line available for retail and win the $125,000 prize.

Source: http://www.bravotv.com/the-fashion-show/season-1/about
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Fashion Show ~ Season 1
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 05:36:02 PM »
i have been watching the fashon show and i like it. the only thing i am wondering is ther r severl contestants that don't no how to sew?? one got kick off and one is learning m there iscuse t that they fesign and they have ppl who sew for them, realy , realy... how did they not know what they signed up for?? that is like cheftestants not knowing how to cut up food jmo, other than that i do like this show, i have not been wowed by any of the designes yet but i like the host, and deff some intersting ppl in the cast of designers??
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline RHR

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 05:59:50 PM »
The show is so outside of my realm of interests but I'm a competitive reality show junkie, so I've been watching.

Isaac Mizrahi is fine as the host, but I really dislike Kelly Rowland. She carries this smugness on the show, which for someone who has absolutely no experience working in the fashion industry, is rather annoying. I also can't stand her line at the end of every episode about people hanging on by a thread. It makes me want to take said thread and strangle myself with it.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 09:59:26 AM »
yea i agree y do they have to have some cheessyy this to say at the elm?? were just not buying it realy? i just hope the out fits get better..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 11:45:27 AM »
one of my fav's got cut this week  :'( :'( also i saw the countess on there from the ny house wifes..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 08:50:19 AM »
Tory, I guess you will have to let me know what happened on last nights episode. We had severe storms and missed everything.

Offline RHR

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 03:40:31 AM »
Tory, I guess you will have to let me know what happened on last nights episode. We had severe storms and missed everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3eKRVvXVls&feature=channel

:tup:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 05:58:53 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3eKRVvXVls&feature=channel

:tup:

Thanks! Never thought of youtube.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 10:35:15 AM »
also i think hulu has it on there?? i am not loveing this show as much as i though i would i don;t no if it is the editing or what but i am galde this last girl got the boot she is neve finished every week she is still sweing when they cart off her model.and i am not loveing any of the designers that much. i did like the guy who got the boot last week , i can't stand merlin, jmo r they keeping him around for the intersting factor?? yea not working for me??? tl i dvred is this week and it was the last thing i watch when i ran out of shows ..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline RHR

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 12:41:51 PM »
also i think hulu has it on there??
Only one episode a month. Bravo's deal with Hulu is worthless, as they only provide two episodes a month. And by two episodes a month, I mean two episodes period, that can come from any combination of their shows. So last month we got Episode 1 of TFS and this month we got Episode 5.

Thank goodness for torrents.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 11:50:34 AM »
realy ty for the info i was wondering y hulu was so random??? i can only dvr 2 shows at a time lol. and i hate comercials now so much that if i do have to watch something in real time i pau the dvr so i don't have to watch them..omg
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 07:56:04 AM »
As the season moves towards the finale, all the remaining designers are picking up their game. I liked most of the designs last night, especially Reco's red dress, even if it wasn't true to Halston. I don't think he's had the training the others have had. It might be a good thing for him to be knocked down a bit, he has a huge ego. :lol:

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2009, 10:12:35 AM »
yea i like reico and his bk story makes me want him to win..also i do think he is very talented.
but he acts like he in 3 rd grade i finishhed frist nananan. omg that has to b anoying to the others but to see him break down last night was so sad i was realy glade they did not give him the boot. but jmo that dress was hittous.. if he had not mad the courset and let the dress hang with a cloth belt tied aroud it it would have been better . i love the courset by it self on a different dress. but it made that dress look like a big red fluffy ballooonn.
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2009, 09:42:10 PM »
I think the big sleeves plus the corset hurt him, I loved the color and I like the corset part but not the off the shoulder look as much.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2009, 05:44:43 PM »
well merlin is finaly gone i did not like him from the start he is to much for my tast..i hope reccoo winnss he has such a great bk story and he has finaly come down of his i am finished now what is takeing u all so long pedestal from last week epi. when he was in the bottom..
and about last week yea that dress with out the courset was very 70's with the off the shoulder, i am just glade he was spared..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2009, 07:52:55 AM »
I'm glad he is gone although his story about being very poor and trying to make it in the fashion world was something we hadn't heard before. I can't think of a thing he's made for the challenges that I liked or can even remember but I can recall some of Reco's work. 

Who do Y'all think will be in the final two or three??

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2009, 01:32:46 PM »
all i am going to rember is that red hat if u can call it a hat lol.
finale i hope reicco and i for get the bitchy ones name but i like her stuff, i think the next one to go is going to b the aisian guy?/ i am realy bad with names..
tv junky needs help!!!!!