Author Topic: The "we are bored and have nothing to look foward to on April 5th thread"  (Read 15615 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Darn CMT'S interrupting our show early seething hate  (:;) ! And TAR getting the red headed step-child treatment hate! CBS has not even updated the photos for EP7 nor shown a single commercial HATE  :knuckles:
RANT ON!  :tantrum :hammer

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
 :groan: :groan: :groan:

I need the amazing race at least once a week, so I am very grumpy...
Fortunately I have Survivor to look forward to!

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
*Bravo* 

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I am gonna watch some of TAR on youtube when it SHOULD be airing.

I should try to be more happy... :funny:

And at least we will have more time to spoil.
 :yess:
Phil has time to have fun and not have so many interviews!

:funny:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 06:00:32 PM by Snooky101 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Well lets hope that during Survivor we get a promo although I wouldn't hold my breath or anything  :groan:  :juggle :violin:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
I'm really excited for every episode and as the season gradually moves closer to the end, it gets harder to do this skipping at a point like this. Especially after we just found out our top 5 was not what we thought it would be.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
This pre-emption of the Amazing Race coincidentally coincided with the Christian-Catholic Holy Week. And the 5 day holiday week.. the one week Roman Catholic (Like the Philippines) countries have nothing at all to watch except cable since everyone's on vacation(anywhere where Beaches are, other countries...). This is worse since there is no TAR and I have to do a marathon of seasons 11 - 14, + TARA 3 on my PC for times that I don't have anything to do for the week...

SHUCKS! Bring Back TAR!  :knuckles:

I don't even know If I'll survive a week more of no TAR!

I hope the US version would follow the Israel version of having 2 hours of TAR every week! Grrr, at least if we happen to get something like this, we get to have already a half leg!

I don't watch Survivor anymore because
1)of our local station bastardizing the show by putting it on late primetime, 5 times a week...
2)it gets boring like TAR, which has different sceneries and stories every week.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 06:42:49 AM by Mooyou »
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline 2old4tech

• RFF Full Member
If the boredom gets too awful there's always over 11 hours of TAR Israel on Reshet TV here .

I don't speak Hebrew, but I still think it's pretty entertaining.  Wait till you see the race cars these contestants drive for a roadblock.  No wimpy go carts and no squeezing in as a passenger on a real, grown-up race car for these folks.  Nosiree.  These are honest-to-gosh, you-better-know-what-you're-doing race cars.  Again, I don't do Hebrew, so I don't know how fast they go.  But I'd bet it's a lot faster than a go cart.  They have to complete a ???km course in under 2 minutes.  5km would mean average 150 kmh.  What's that?  A little less than 100mph?  Average.  Faster on the straight-aways.

On the no-Hebrew thing:  It appears that most, if not all, of the contestants speak English better than just OK.  They have no problem communicating in South Africa and English comes in handy in non-English (and non-Hebrew) countries, too.  Like Viet Nam.  No kidding.  Well, anyway, many of the racers use English expletives in otherwise all Hebrew conversations.  Surprising setbacks are often greeted with a "F*ck!" or "Sh*t!"  It was surprising to hear, but then I figured good old USofA network censors might let a TAR contestant's uttering of "šūdas!" pass, too.

Oh, yea.  Reshet TV has novel way of getting btheir commercials in.  They can appear anywhere unexpectedly.  Like right in the middle of the intro sequence.  Maddening.  And look out for your ears.  They (Reshet) really blast the sound on some of them (the Commercials).  Injuriously so if you're wearing earbuds like yours truly was.  They (Re**** again) disable the controls, too.  Can't skip.  Can't pause.  CAN'T TURN DOWN THE VOLUME.

I guess No-TAR-for-two-weeks boredom leads to watching TV in languages you don't understand and too long posts. B:)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
I'm definitely disappointed, but on the bright side I can watch Kings and not have to tape it.

Belle Book

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I don't know what I'm going to do this Sunday without TAR. Maybe we can have our own ragging on the CMA's thread between 8 and 9 p.m. here. :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I don't know what I'm going to do this Sunday without TAR. Maybe we can have our own ragging on the CMA's thread between 8 and 9 p.m. here. :lol:
Since I'll probably be watching the CMA's for TAR commercials it sounds like a plan!

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
 :lol:
I love this thread. It defines my life currently. I worked 42 hours so far this week :groan:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I love this thread. It defines my life currently. I worked 42 hours so far this week :groan:
Making the money  :yess:! Good job Michael! and you know that song? our song? well when your not around it plays in my head over and over and over ,, I'm NOT joking  :lol:

And if youre somewhere out there passed out on the floor.......Oh joey, Im not angry anymore
  :hearts:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
haha, I was just listening to it a couple of minutes ago...but now I' listening to Joseph Arthur - Honey and the moon.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster

She Works Hard for the Money - Donna Summer

Not saying Michael's a woman, but he's working hard this week. :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Gee, I don't think that's Phil. It looks like Allan Wu in a Phil Keoghan body costume!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
That's Phil.
Just here to visit.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Gee, I don't think that's Phil. It looks like Allan Wu in a Phil Keoghan body costume!

Look on google images!
And is that Vietnam?  Or is it Philippines?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 05:42:29 PM by Snooky101 »

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
I know how I'm gonna compensate for the boredom.  Every night, starting this Sunday, I'm gonna take out my tapes and watch one episode of the season so far, leading up to this point, starting with the premiere (and Preston & Jennifer's elimination) on Sunday, and ending with episode seven (and Mel & Mike's elimination) on Saturday.  Then, I'll be ready for episode eight when it starts a week from Sunday.

Weird, I guess, but I've gotta combat the boredom somehow.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I say we go out into our community and tip one car over at 8 p.m. and run home.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I say we go out into our community and tip one car over at 8 p.m. and run home.
No cow tipping?

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Too easy.
Just here to visit.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Too easy.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Speaking of tipping ..Tipping is not a city in China :carryon: . On another note, oh joy I get to monitor womans tennis and then basketball today for TAR commercials  :umn:. Come on CBS! :knuckles: