Author Topic: Arg, last night was hard to watch.... (April 19 2009)  (Read 3268 times)

Offline erdrickk

• RFF Newbie
Arg, last night was hard to watch.... (April 19 2009)
« on: April 20, 2009, 09:25:50 AM »
I was wanting some Drama but the drama last night was not the right kind.

First of all...............

- My god, could Jen and Luke act anymore like kids?!?! OMG BOOHOOO HE PUSHED ME. OMG BOOHOOO THE WORLD HATES DEAF PEOPLE. OMG BOOHOOO I'M BLACK BLAH BLAH

freaking crap give me a break.....................That mother needs to chill out too. She babies Luke WAY to much and I now know why he acts like such a turd eating baby.

- Ummmm this part bugs me the most. Why does it take being in China for Victor and his sister to speak the language??? If I knew a language that no one else did I would be using it all the time as an advantage.

The message I got is............

O HAI GUYZZZ I CAN SPEAK CHINESE SO LETS HAMMER THAT POINT IN 1000000000000 TIMES AND ACT LIKE WE ARE THE SAVIOR OF ALL TEAMS AND THAT IF WE WERENT HERE TO SPEAK CHINESE ALL THE TEAMS WOULD FAIL LOL OMG CHINESE IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate this nuts

And crappity smacking THENNNNNNNNNNNNNNN  those dumbasses are like..........

OMG HAI WE ARE AMERICAN CHINESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STAMP OUR CARDS FIRST BECAUSE OUR PARENTS ARE DYING AND GUESS WHAT?!?!?! HAHAH WE ARE SPEAKING IN CHINESE OMG AWESOME

Fail fail fail fail

I hate ALL Teams now. I hope NONE of them win and they give the money to some poor hobo

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
Re: Arg, last night was hard to watch.... (April 19 2009)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 09:39:39 AM »
Ricky,

I hope you won't waste your time watching the last three programs in the series.  Perhaps a rerun of the Our Gang features would be more in your range.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 10:57:30 AM »
Ricky,

I hope you won't waste your time watching the last three programs in the series.  Perhaps a rerun of the Our Gang features would be more in your range.
  :lol: What Gman wrote  :yess: :jam:

Offline methylc

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 11:59:12 AM »
I was wanting some Drama but the drama last night was not the right kind.

First of all...............

- My god, could Jen and Luke act anymore like kids?!?! OMG BOOHOOO HE PUSHED ME. OMG BOOHOOO THE WORLD HATES DEAF PEOPLE. OMG BOOHOOO I'M BLACK BLAH BLAH
freaking crap give me a break.....................That mother needs to chill out too. She babies Luke WAY to much and I now know why he acts like such a turd eating baby.

- Ummmm this part bugs me the most. Why does it take being in China for Victor and his sister to speak the language??? If I knew a language that no one else did I would be using it all the time as an advantage.

The message I got is............

O HAI GUYZZZ I CAN SPEAK CHINESE SO LETS HAMMER THAT POINT IN 1000000000000 TIMES AND ACT LIKE WE ARE THE SAVIOR OF ALL TEAMS AND THAT IF WE WERENT HERE TO SPEAK CHINESE ALL THE TEAMS WOULD FAIL LOL OMG CHINESE IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate this nuts

And crappity smacking THENNNNNNNNNNNNNNN  those dumbasses are like..........

OMG HAI WE ARE AMERICAN CHINESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STAMP OUR CARDS FIRST BECAUSE OUR PARENTS ARE DYING AND GUESS WHAT?!?!?! HAHAH WE ARE SPEAKING IN CHINESE OMG AWESOME

Fail fail fail fail

I hate ALL Teams now. I hope NONE of them win and they give the money to some poor hobo

I don't recall having Kisha or Jen saying anything in defence about being black or anything. everything is based on Margie's overreaction.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 01:44:40 PM »
Point 1: See above, Kisha and Jen never made a mention of their race, Margie was the only one to bring that up.

Point 2: Sound bytes are a wonderful thing. I can't imagine T/V saying that they knew Chinese that many times, more likely they said it once or twice and the sound byte got used over and over again.

Point 3: Yes, that was annoying. But you do what you can to get ahead, even if it means appealing to patriotism that might not even be there.

Point 4: That's just silly.

Offline crickettu

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 02:24:21 AM »
Hi i'm new to the boards so please excuse me if i make any mistakes..

So on wards now...
Point 1. I dont think i ever heard Kisha and Jen saying anything about them being black so giving then a special pass.
point 2 Tammy and Victor not speaking Chinese then all a sudden speaking it in China, I'm Chinese American also and I also speak Chinese but when I'm around my sister we dont speak in chinese, we speak in english. That is just our go to language no matter what. it takes too much effort to think in english then translate it to chinese then speak it in chinese then comprehend what it was said and then reply. No matter what English is their first language and Chinese is their second. even if they didnt speak english till kindergraten. But then again i dont know about them but just speaking from my experiance as a english and chinese speaking American.

Point 3 I totally would use that card also, if it meant getting me and my sister ahead in the race.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 06:17:46 PM »
It was hard to watch but I wouldn't hate the teams for it. When things get that stressful people revert back to less mature ways of reacting to their problems.

I wasn't bothered by the "we're chinese speakers" thing too much. They do that all the time on this show. In fact there's just about always one F4 team that seems to have some sort of Eastern country advantage towards the end of the race. Luckily it does not seem to correspond with winning/losing.

But I do agree that it's difficult to single out any one of these 4 teams as being the single favorite. I like them all at times, and at other times I dislike them. Ultimately I think it's best to take their observable personalities and morals with a grain of salt, because editing can make any team look like they're the villains (except perhaps a team like Kris & Jon).
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 12:03:55 AM »

See my signature. :funny: :yess: