Author Topic: American Idol Final 9 Performance Poll & Discussion  (Read 8765 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
American Idol Final 9 Performance Poll & Discussion
« on: April 01, 2009, 08:17:33 AM »
Who was the best? Who was the worst? Rate the performances.

I thought Kris Allen was great last night, he surprised me. I think Megan will be in the bottom three but the worst last night for me is Matt. He just tried too hard and I thought he was trying to be like Adam and he should have just stayed true to his own style.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 08:21:33 AM by TexasLady »
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
Re: American Idol Final 9 Performance Poll & Discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 10:48:40 AM »
I'm loving the way the background singers are becoming a bigger part of the performance along with the musicians. They add to the moment and for the most part don't distract from the performance. It makes it more enjoyable.

My thoughts about the performances this week...

Kris: Loved his performance. He continues to show why he's on AI and Simon said it, his best performance so far.

Adam: What can you say? He's so far above the others they can't touch him. Love him or hate him, every week he's always interesting. Loving the Elvis hair.

Danny: Loved it! Simon said the others were like snails compared to a race horse.  :lol:

Allison: My favorite part of the song was the beginning when she just sang instead of pushing the rock side when she lost it for me. I know, I know.. I'm not current. I hate her hair every week so this week wasn't particularly awful for me, nor what she was wearing. She's always herself though and at her young age it's remarkable that she knows who she is and stays true to herself.

Scott: This was his best performance so far. I love the makeover and the new style. it suits him, it's about time someone helps him with his clothing.

Anoop: What's with the lighting? Looked like a hazmat warning. I think he'll be in the bottom three tonight.

Lil: Every week I want and hope she will knock it out of the park and every week I'm so disappointed. Did Simon have it right when he told her to stop this, she's too good,  this show is sucking the life out of her? I really want to hear her do something great, I think she can.

Matt: Dreadful! The keyboard and background singers over powered him in parts and he was flat in places. The lighting was hideous! When even Paula doesn't have something good to say..

Megan: Beautiful, quirky, someone help her! She needs to find the right songs. Kara's right, she's in trouble.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 10:54:28 AM »
9(yea tl i don;t think he was the worst but poor matt in the bottom 2 last week and now coming off a bad preformance, i realy hope anoop or megan go this week even scott but i ws right about his hair it realy looked good last night scott's that is they took it down some and it looked way better he was better on stage last night also..but my bottom 2 r anoop and megan, jmo top 3 danny , kris (who looked a lot like brad pitt last night he has the same jaw line and face struture) was awsome last night best of the night jm...
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 12:04:03 PM »
9(yea tl i don;t think he was the worst but poor matt in the bottom 2 last week and now coming off a bad preformance, i realy hope anoop or megan go this week even scott but i ws right about his hair it realy looked good last night scott's that is they took it down some and it looked way better he was better on stage last night also..but my bottom 2 r anoop and megan, jmo top 3 danny , kris (who looked a lot like brad pitt last night he has the same jaw line and face struture) was awsome last night best of the night jm...

Don't you think part of Matt's problem was the horrible lighting and whatever they did with the sound? I don't know that song so I can't comment on the arrangement.  I wasn't crazy about Anoop last night either. If we can believe DialIdol both Matt and Anoop are safe. (They completely missed last week though.)

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 01:11:43 PM »
Well I was disappointed when the show started off, with total wrong choices and all that, but I'm just glad it picked up. With the ratio of guys to girls in the competition, it's not surprising that the guys rule again.

Anoop Desai - It was a totally wrong song choice. It sounded dead in my opinion. The beats and everything were so strong and energetic but Anoop was just coasting through the entire song, staying on the surface and never really GETTING INTO it. It was too safe and forgettable.

Megan Joy - She needs to start picking the right songs! That was a totally boring and draggy performance. She doesn't need a chair, she needs to connect and really get into her performance, not pick such forgettable songs. I think she's in serious trouble tonight.

Danny Gokey - I thought he started off a little rough and pitchy, but it's one of my favourite performances of the night. Very emotional.

Allison Iraheta - I loved the front, but it got a little too overdone from the middle onwards, and it's a pity. Interesting hairdo, and I never knew she could play the guitar. It was a nice change, but she could be in trouble tonight as well.

Scott MacIntyre - He FINALLY picked a song that blew! Just love how he stripped it down, just him and the piano, that totally moved me. Another one of my favourite performances. Very heartfelt, awesome!

Matt Giraud - Another song choice gone wrong. For once I'm agreeing with Paula, it sounded too like the original. Totally not a clever decision to make after being in the bottom two last week. But I hope he stays.

Lil Rounds - Was expecting her to blow me away tonight but once again, was a little disappointed. She certainly can sing but she did not sound original. But it doesn't matter, she'll be safe. What's most important is she sang from her heart, and I felt it.

Adam Lambert - This guy is the one to watch, honestly. Wasn't my favourite performance, but I loved it all the same. He had so much fun, I'm sure the audience had fun too. Yeah, I love the Elvis hair lol.

Kris Allen - I was indeed surprised. My favourite performance of the night. So nice to see him behind the keyboard, singing so sincerely. I really, really like Kris, he's so humble and sincere and could very well be a dark horse of the competition. He's been doing very well so far, very surprised and pleased.

My ranking:
1. Kris Allen
2. Danny Gokey
3. Scott MacIntyre
4. Adam Lambert
5. Lil Rounds
6. Allison Iraheta
7. Matt Giraud
8. Anoop Desai
9. Megan Joy

Predicted bottom three: Megan, Anoop, Allison / Matt

If it's down to Allison and Megan to who's going home, I'll hope it's Megan. If Allison goes... Sigh, I don't even want to think about that.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 01:37:00 PM by Ruth »
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 01:39:26 PM »
Perhaps the judges will save Allison and then we'll be finished with the judges veto hanging out there. I really think Megan is in the most danger but I was wrong last week, I didn't see Matt being in the bottom three at all! 

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 06:00:42 PM »
Perhaps the judges will save Allison and then we'll be finished with the judges veto hanging out there. I really think Megan is in the most danger but I was wrong last week, I didn't see Matt being in the bottom three at all! 
no one saw that tl matt in the bottom 2 omg.do we no who vftw had on there raidar last night?? yea diolidole has been wrong a lot i am not sure how they get there data maby from this autamatic diling thing they set up. i never downloaded it. i am affariad of computor bugs..

about allison she did do a great job when she had the gutar in her hand if she had of kept that going it would have been awsome the whole song.

i love matt and i think that what ever they had going on with him in the middle of all those ppl with the key board was a night mare soo destrcating, i am wondering if matt could even here the band / him self being able to here the monetors is huge and will trow u into a tail spin and if that was the case than jmo he deserves a metal.. tl the fry sings the greys anatomy song how to save a life.
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 10:47:20 PM »
The bottom three tonight, Megan Joy, Anoop Desai and Allison Iraheta. When asked about the judges save, Simon said the judges had one in mind that would be saved.

Unfortunately when the final votes were announced, the person with the lowest votes had already said: "I love you Simon but I don’t care." when Ryan asked about her critique last evening.  Simon said since she didn't care they didn't either so she could sing her final song and enjoy it.

She did say she'd get to go home to her little boy.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 11:33:48 PM by TexasLady »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 10:58:58 PM »
no one saw that tl matt in the bottom 2 omg.do we no who vftw had on there raidar last night?? yea diolidole has been wrong a lot i am not sure how they get there data maby from this autamatic diling thing they set up. i never downloaded it. i am affariad of computor bugs..

about allison she did do a great job when she had the gutar in her hand if she had of kept that going it would have been awsome the whole song.

i love matt and i think that what ever they had going on with him in the middle of all those ppl with the key board was a night mare soo destrcating, i am wondering if matt could even here the band / him self being able to here the monetors is huge and will trow u into a tail spin and if that was the case than jmo he deserves a metal.. tl the fry sings the greys anatomy song how to save a life.

Matt has another chance and I'm glad. Good point Tory, being in that circle of people might have been distracting or he might not have been able to hear the band. I think he was trying so hard to stay that he didn't perform as well as he can.

I really am not understanding Allison being in the bottom three so consistently. She's probably the strongest vocally of the 3 women. (Now down to 2!) ??? 

VFTW has been promoting Megan so they'll have to find someone else. I think they are becoming irrelevant. (Which is a GOOD thing for the contestants and for the viewers.)

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 09:16:56 AM »
It was fun to see that the Idols are bonding SO well this season. And now that Megan's gone, I'm not really sure as to who could go home next.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 01:31:56 PM »
Alright, that was expected. I really like Megan, but it was time for her to go. She hasn't been performing, and I guess the rest who are way more serious about the competition deserve to stay more than her. I'm not saying Megan doesn't deserve to be there but yeah, we all know she hasn't been performing. Still, I really like her and her elimination tape was so awww. Love her quirkiness and her personality, she's so cute and funny lol.

No surprises about Allison being in the bottom three as well. She is a good singer, but she doesn't blow consistently every week. Compared to people like Adam and Danny who've got crazy fans, the moment she doesn't perform as well, she'll be in danger. Like two weeks ago and this week. But I really hope she makes it far, otherwise it'll be so boring with one girl left.

Thank God Matt got another chance, hope he makes wise use of it. It was so funny, him heading toward the bottom three chairs and Ryan telling him to go the other way lol!

I guess the people who'll go really far are Danny, Adam and Lil. Perhaps Matt, if he picks himself up and continues to impress after a bad week. Anoop and Scott could be headed home soon. As for Allison and Kris, we'll have to see.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 02:49:19 PM »
i agree megan needed to go , and that comment was the nail in her coffin,she no's she is in the top ten and going on tour, and that tour is brutal she probly won't see her son for 3 months. they get on a bus and sing in a different city all most every day atchul every day for all most 90 days stright. she most likely no's that and is wanting to spend more time with her baby befor the maddness starts..jmo on her reasons but i do no about the scedual..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 11:09:55 PM »
Megan became annoying and she was the only one I hope to see go. And i'm glad she did. :yess:

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2009, 12:04:10 PM »
i was watching a show and megan was on with kera d, and megan has never had a voical lesson, did not even no what a key was?? wow give that girl some traing she will go trew the roof..
 and i was reading about scott and all of his training  to much to mention, i am sure he is a much better paino player than singer jmo..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline xroadsempress

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2009, 12:25:10 PM »
I am so sad about Megan Joy leaving. I mean, she's a beautiful and amazing singer. She's confident, bubbly and everything in between. I hope to see her again. I bet she'll go places. :D

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 02:29:15 PM »
i was so suprised to find out that megan had not had one vocal lesson in her life she did not even no what a key was. she did amazing now that i no that..
tv junky needs help!!!!!