Author Topic: Episode 7: live show updates and commentary with 17 minute NCAA overtime delay  (Read 41989 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
God, I hate that tonight will be the last real time we get to see Mel & Mike.  For all my bitching about lack of alpha male teams, I did really like almost every team this season.

It sucks (but in a really good way).

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I just noticed the thread title, puddin. Thank you!  :winner :winner :conf: :conf: :conf: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :monkey :monkey :cheer3: :cheer3: :hoot: :hoot:
Just here to visit.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Fine Puddin, be a suck up....

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Mat meltdown! Mat Meltdown! Mark & Mike!
Just here to visit.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
That was the question I forgot..   Oh well there is two weeks from tonight.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
NEXT TIME ON .. THE AMAZING RACE:

Phil: Two weeks from tonight.

Phil: Teams karaoke in Bangkok!
Looks like they entertain a Matatu (small bus/van) with a microphone and lyrics on screen.

Phil: ... and after Mark/Michael make a critical mistake, the gloves come off.
Midget: We have to go back and get our packs!
They angrily make accusations to each other, in the back of a cab.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Well off to wait for the West coast feed, hope this weeks a good one.  Oh and figure out what the roadblock was (if they had one, with this season who knows).

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
So sorry to see Mel & Mike go.  I liked them.  Come to think of it, I like just about all the teams.

So it was Mark & Michael who got the two 30-minute penalties!  They made another stupid mistake!  I should've known it would be them.  Glad it wasn't Cara & Jamie who did it, at least.

Belle Book

Offline Zatchbellcool

• RFF Not So Newbie
The Fast-Forward was THIS leg!!

I spotted it! if you would please, watch the scene of Jamie and Cara's Tiger picture.

look in Jamie...or Cara's hand (I still get them confused) and you will see a clue with the fast-forward symbol on it.
So, no one used it. it was never aired.

lol I feel special now!  :yess:

Offline colav10

• RFF Full Member
new opening love

Anyone else notice the unaired fast forward? Jaime & Cara clearly have a fast forward clue in their lap in the tiger photo shown in puddins' message above.

Edit: Beat me to it.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Just here to visit.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
So how did I do?   :duno:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline CABoSoxFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
Mark and Michael get 2 30 minute penalties!! We were ALL wrong!! :lol3:

Apparently, no one even noticed that I was the one who predicted it.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Well off to wait for the West coast feed, hope this weeks a good one.  Oh and figure out what the roadblock was (if they had one, with this season who knows).

I don't think we had a Roadblock this week. Unique.

Gator 27

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Did anyone see Margie & Luke in the Previews?  I still wonder how her health will affect the next leg.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

PERFECT SCORE!! Go see the episode thread!!  :hfive:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
The Fast-Forward was THIS leg!!

I spotted it! if you would please, watch the scene of Jamie and Cara's Tiger picture.

look in Jamie...or Cara's hand (I still get them confused) and you will see a clue with the fast-forward symbol on it.
So, no one used it. it was never aired.

lol I feel special now!  :yess:
Good catch!

PERFECT SCORE!! Go see the episode thread!!  :hfive:
Outstanding Chateau!!!!!!!!! You truly rock!!!!!!!  :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
Another exciting episode with a weirdly-satisfying end result.  I was a bit surprised there was no Roadblock.  They could've made the tiger and elephant thing a Roadblock easily.  And as for the Detour, I can't tell which I'd have chosen.  Probably 100 Barrels since Mel & Mike found such an easy way to speed right through it.

Oh, and I'm quite happy that we have not one, but two women's teams in the F5!  First time this has happened since All-Stars!

Tammy & Victor: I'm a little surprised they won the leg, especially since I could've sworn they left something behind and weren't called on it.  But at least Victor didn't annoy me all that much this week.  Good move getting a local to draw them a map, though.  Other than that, I didn't see them stand out much this week.

Jaime & Cara: Okay, Jaime, you need to calm down with locals.  Seriously.  Your only redeeming qualities in this case is that you have Cara to keep you calm, and the fact that you both work together so cooperatively.  Minus the local thing, you are looking more like redheaded versions of the BQs.  Congrats on your highest finish so far.

Mark & Michael: You did well on the tasks, but sabotaging the Detour like that was just not cool at all.  And didn't you read the part of the clue saying you couldn't hire a guide?!  You deserved the penalties.  Both of them.  And the loss of first place, as well.

Margie & Luke: Not much seen of you this week, but good call switching Detours quickly when you knew you wouldn't find the one you first chose.  I'm glad Margie's all right, though.  She had me worried for a moment.

Kisha & Jen: Close call, girls.  I think whatever lead you had was just good enough to keep you in front of Mel & Mike.  Sorry about the bad break with your cab, though.  Well, both of them -- both before and after the Detour.

Mel & Mike: I liked you guys, but this was a well-earned elimination.  While your driver was somewhat to blame, you two were just as culpable for not getting out of your cab and/or asking for help with the gorilla picture sooner.  You should've done that, and Kisha & Jen would be gone.  That said, I'm happy enough to see you go just because of Mel's sad-sack moments whenever things go wrong for you.

So, after seven episodes:

LOVE: Tammy, Jaime/Cara, Margie/Luke, Kisha/Jen
LIKE: Victor, Mark/Michael
NEUTRAL: No one
DISLIKE: No one
HATE: No one

Victor's still under "like," but he could get back to "love."  Mark & Michael, OTOH, are close to "neutral."  I'll base whether or not they get down there on the severity of their upcoming mistake.

This season is just getting better and better.  I can't believe we have to wait two more weeks to see what happens next!  Damn CBS for the country music thing!
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
I would just LOVE to be that tiger!

I was thinking that Margie and Luke could possibly get a penalty for riding a motorcycle, but I guess not.  Because they weren't told not to.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

I was thinking that Margie and Luke could possibly get a penalty for riding a motorcycle, but I guess not.  Because they weren't told not to.

I don't think Luke & Margie were on a motorcycle last night.  It was Mel seeing things.

Gator 27

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
That's correct. Mel thought he saw Luke & Margie on a motorcycle, but the mother and son were back with the gorilla.
Just here to visit.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Mel/Mike watch traffic go by.
Finally somebody knows, "Phuket Zoo!"
Mel: You sure?
The guy is very, very sure.
They tell the taxista to take them back to town.

In separate cabs, Jaime/Cara make a "Tweedledee/Tweedledum" comment about Mark/Mike.
"They're like characters from a cartoon!"
Both teams arrive at the herb shop.
Man: GOOODDDD MAWWWNNNIIINGGG
Each team guesses. Both wrong.
They yell numbers at the man.  
The guy pullling drawers out "didn't speak a lick of English" either.  

Finally Mel/Mike make it back to the zoo. Picture! Smile!

Kisha/Jen arrive at the herb shop with 2 teams already picking numbers.
Now three teams.
Mark/Michael, choose 114. DETOUR.
Phil: A hundred barrels, or 2 miles.
Barrels, make way to harbor, prepare fishing ship for 10 days at sea. Fill 47 barrells and move 53 empties to the roof, arranging properly.
Two miles, Make way to temple, choose ricksha. One pull, one ride. If there's a flat tire, you get to pump it up!

mswood, my perspective on the flat tires is different. Each rickshaw has ONE tire only that is flat, so it is guaranteed to run badly unless you figure that out and get the necessary air from the pump. No teams at the start of that DETOUR after Mark/Michael appeared to figure that out, partially because of the obfuscation of the pumps by them (they certainly deserved that penalty as it must have disrupted all the other teams).

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
God, I hate that tonight will be the last real time we get to see Mel & Mike.  For all my bitching about lack of alpha male teams, I did really like almost every team this season.

It sucks (but in a really good way).
Perhaps because there are no alpha male teams in AR14. Mel was 68 years old and Mark/Michael were short people. If there's another male/male team then I missed it. Contrast that with the 3 very strong female/female teams that were or are still in AR14. Does somebody at World Race Productions and CBS want to see a F/F victory? I'd say there is a good chance of that since there are casting teams that encourage it.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

It was funny! Mel thought it was Luke and Marge ..cue the "gong"  :lol: