Author Topic: EP8 (4/12):"Rooting Around in People's Mouths Could Be Unpleasant (Thailand)"  (Read 103091 times)

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
They took taxis the next two legs...

I'm starting to think that this leg might be another elimination, leaving us with 2 back to back NEL's again, or Leg 10 elim, Penultimate - NEL, Speedbump on the final leg???
Or this is a TBC with a mislabeled Pit Stop
Nope.  There's supposed to be some sort of "mat meltdown" in this episode, so I think there'll be a Pit Stop tonight.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!

Nope.  There's supposed to be some sort of "mat meltdown" in this episode, so I think there'll be a Pit Stop tonight.

Isn't the mat meltdown already finished?
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
I thought the mat meltdown was when Margie fainted. But there might be more drama coming still.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Anybody think this could be a pouch?? That's Cara, and we know she was carrying the pouch in the taxi...

Yeah, Cara has the pouch on her waist. The only non pouch team I have seen in the pics is K/J and Kisha has no shoes either, when they are running down the street.
Matthew 7:15

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
I dont remember if it is one of Phil's blogs or a CBS promo, but it said that two teams yell at one another for 45 minutes at/after the mat.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I dont remember if it is one of Phil's blogs or a CBS promo, but it said that two teams yell at one another for 45 minutes at/after the mat.
Thats the first time I've heard about the yelling part.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
It was one of those future things to come, Puddin. I have no idea if it is this episode.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 06:25:28 PM by DrRox »

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
I think Mark & Michael will be one based on the preview at the end of the last episode.  I wonder if the other is Kisha & Jen or Jaime & Cara?
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I think Mark & Michael will be one based on the preview at the end of the last episode.  I wonder if the other is Kisha & Jen or Jaime & Cara?
I'd guess the odds are in your favor  :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

Isn't the mat meltdown already finished?

I don't believe the "meltdown" was ever attributed to a specific episode. I think it will be up to us to know it when we see it, LOL.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
Philippines has aired the episode (via Studio 23) moments ago, and what can I say?

ONE OF THE BEST EPISODES EVER! IT TIES WITH ALL-STARS MALAYSIA LEG FOR ME!
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Oh! I need to watch it again, I watched only the part where M/L came in first! YAY! So watch AXN tonight... but i saw K/J  checked in and M/M got another penalty.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
uycocoa: NO SPOILERS BEFORE THE EPISODE HAS FINISHED AIRING HERE!! EDIT NOW PLEASE!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Oh! I need to watch it again, I watched only the part where M/L came in first! YAY! So watch AXN tonight... but i saw K/J  checked in and M/M got another penalty.
WTF!?

Offline :jerry:

• RFF Sr. Member
  • JTAR Season 1 is on RIGHT NOW!
the ending was quiet confusing....
btw, Jens quote: my first question was if those guys were transexual lol...(TAXI)
Jerry's fantasy game partcipation:
Vic's 4th Race: Jerry and Uycocoa Eliminated
MTAR Season 3: Jerry and Panda (Natasha and Paula) Eliminated

JTAR Season 1 Nanaimo Leg is on right now!

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
Well.  Guess I'll never listen to Zap2It ever again.  I'll just to hear what TV Guide says.

Yet another exciting episode.  Here are my thoughts:

The Broken Teeth Detour seemed to be the easier one, if done right.  But I'd have probably been scared into the Broken Record Detour due to how luck-based it sounded.  At least the karaoke was straightforward.

The Roadblock?  I'd have had a partner do it.  I'm not a handyman at all.

The teams:

Margie & Luke: Very good leg.  Margie turned it out at the Roadblock and the Detour, and she was the primary reason they won the leg.  That's three legs for them now, tying them with Ronald & Christina for most legs won by a parent/child team.

Jaime & Cara: Jaime, CALM DOWN!  Not all locals can speak English!  And you even seem to have a problem with the ones that do!  Oh, well.  Thanks for at least being self-aware enough to admit you turn into a "lunatic" when the language barrier rears it ugly head.  Cara, you're still a lovely, lovely person.  Don't ever change.  Ever.  Smart move going back for your bags immediately, and congrats on second place.  Well done, ladies.

Tammy & Victor: At this point, their edit is screaming fourth-place-finishers or winners with their "always happy, happy, happy!" edit.  That said, they ran a decent leg, though Victor could've ruined it for them due to the shoddy propellor work.  Little did he know, Kisha & Jen and Mark & Michael would make even bigger errors. . . .

Kisha & Jen: Whew!  Don't ever scare me like that again, girls!  You did all your tasks well, but next time someone suggests going back for the bags, GO BACK FOR THE DAMN BAGS!  Just in case, of course.  You're very lucky Mark & Michael not only made the same mistake, but made an even worse one.  Step it up, ladies!

Mark & Michael: Forgot your bags at the Roadblock?  Strike one.  Bartered items in lieu of cab fare?  Strike two (though I admittedly didn't know it was against the rules).  Did it yet again?  Strike three!  I was surprised you got a penalty THAT hefty, but I'm glad, too, as it saved Kisha & Jen!  Now I can only hope you don't overcome the Speed Bump next week.  Being over three hours behind everyone else, you'd better hope for an overnight bunching point, or you guys are so toast.

Very suspenseful episode.  But I'm gonna go ahead and call Mark & Michael being out next week.  They just don't have it in them to overcome that Speed Bump unless they get really, really lucky.

As for my team feelings:

LOVE: Margie/Luke, Jaime/Cara, Tammy, Kisha/Jen
LIKE: No one
NEUTRAL: Victor
DISLIKE: Mark/Michael
HATE: No one

Next week's Luke/Jen drama?  Looks exciting!  This might pinpoint the true villain of the whole race, depending on whom the editors try to make look right.  Can't wait!
Jamison

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Okay so I've surrounded myself with easter candy and am going to re watch since I totally feel I missed this entire episode thanks to some idiots that distracted me.

Any requests?

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Kisha running barefoot! :lol:

Oh, and the TV rubbing Michael's back!! That was hilarious. He had no clue. :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
First up the confusing departing times.......

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
the flight

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
First up the confusing departing times.......
I think BVM is making up times and he assumes since the last episode was two weeks ago, we've forgotten all about the penalty to Mark & Michael. Silly man!
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
the roadblock

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
I keep thinking about Phil's speech to M/M....about the rest of the penalty being enforced on the start. I guess Phil had a plane to China to catch and didn't want to hang around.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Sorry Puddin. Jumped the gun today.

How did you find that girl in the photo though?!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
street of happy smiles  ;D